Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,341 members, 7,829,866 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

Fashola Commissions 7km Oshorun/ibeshe Road In Ikorodu - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Commissions 7km Oshorun/ibeshe Road In Ikorodu (10669 Views)

Fashola Commissions Jebba Hydro Power Plant In Niger State (photos) / Boko Haram Abducts Over 170 Teenage Girls From Bam 7km From Buratai's Hometown / Fashola Commissions 100 New Air-Conditioned Buses At Oshodi - PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Commissions 7km Oshorun/ibeshe Road In Ikorodu by segcymoor(m): 11:34pm On Sep 11, 2013
Rossikk: www.nairaland.com/attachments/1300820_1280455_622566457764624_1263905700_n_jpg4917f7b6a7871ca42f76cd2dcf5189f2

What kind if substandard crap is this? What is that open drain doing next to the sidewalk? I really don't know where we get these weird construction ideas in Nigeria from. I've never seen any road built like that in any place except Nigeria. That drain MUST and SHOULD be covered. Pedestrians are NOT supposed to be walking down a road and staring down into open gutters. Or needing to jump over the gutter to cross the road. Ridiculous, substandard rubbish.

Here's how you build a road, Mr THICK SKULL Fashola!!!! Can you see any open gutter here? Yet when it rains you would hardly notice as the water seeps cooly into the covered drains while pedestrians can walk without a care in the world, and the environment is devoid of stinks and unsightly gutters. What is so hard about these IMBECILES who call themselves govt officials replicating these simple, civilized roads throughout this country??img]http://cbasn.com/Images/Cordova%20Bay%20photos/Looking%20north%20from%20Sunnygrove%20Terrace.JPG[/img]

Abeg easy with ur critistism......Dont let me label you as enemy of progress!(Apology for that) Human being! what can you say to Bunch of Animal in Aso rock just parcking money with Ghana must go. Idiot Bankole former speaker, Asari Friend at Delta that just bought jet with public fund.....to name but few. Person dey help us with road to access our house you are proofing engineering theory here. Pls stay in your abroad..we are satisfy with this particular road project

[
Re: Fashola Commissions 7km Oshorun/ibeshe Road In Ikorodu by Rossikk(m): 11:52pm On Sep 11, 2013
segcy.moor:

Abeg easy with ur critistism......Dont let me label you as enemy of progress!(Apology for that) Human being! what can you say to Bunch of Animal in Aso rock just parcking money with Ghana must go. Idiot Bankole former speaker, Asari Friend at Delta that just bought jet with public fund.....to name but few. Person dey help us with road to access our house you are proofing engineering theory here. Pls stay in your abroad..we are satisfy with this particular road project

Spare me that CRAP. It is the ignorance of people like you that allows the govt build substandard projects and call it infrastructure. Leave out aesthetics for a second, which means nothing to you anyway. Imagine you are wheelchair bound, how are you supposed to cross that road with the gutter between the road and sidewalk? Do you realize the health implications of constant exposure to filthy open drains and garbage?

And don't bother mentioning 'abroad'. Look at Nairobi, Kenya, below. Do you see any open gutter in the street there?

[img]http://simbadeo.files./2012/03/nairobi-street.jpg[/img]

Show me any gutter here. When people are trying to educate you on how things should be done, you reject it and want to remain in the bush!! Tomorrow you'll see a Kenyan man and think you're better than him.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions 7km Oshorun/ibeshe Road In Ikorodu by chitoria: 11:53pm On Sep 11, 2013
Who fashole
Re: Fashola Commissions 7km Oshorun/ibeshe Road In Ikorodu by agbameta: 11:54pm On Sep 11, 2013
anonimi:

Who are the WE that are not complaining
Kindly speak for yourself and those who idol-worship the Looters-in-Power. You can't rope everyone in with you.
These ACN scammers have camoflagued themselves as delivering yoyo physical infrastructures while BASIC services are not given adequate attention despite the increased IGR.

Lagos state IGR is N20B x 12B = N240B + N120B =360B

Allocation and IGR = 360. They borrow to make up the difference at N497 billion/20 million population

Akwa Ibom with allocation or IGR or no IGR, their budet for N559 including N80 loan/2013/5million population

For 2012 it was N379B + N125B SUPLEMENTAL = N522B/5 million population

^^^^^^ 2 years in a row, the largest state budget in Nigeria.

The above is for your so called huge Lagos state IGR, it's meager 250b and allocation inluded, it's still way way below what Akwa ibom spends.

Lets compare their work starting from 2007 since both Fashola and akpabio entered their state houses at the same time so this is fair game.

The best way to settle this issue once and for all is detail their work side by side based on the list below..

Schools

Hosipitals

Maternal centers and clinics

Transportation

Roads

Bridges

Skill centers and Human development

Universities

State institutions

Now, are you ready to put ypur money where your mouth is? If you are, go for it.
Re: Fashola Commissions 7km Oshorun/ibeshe Road In Ikorodu by agbameta: 11:55pm On Sep 11, 2013
segcy.moor:

[

That one is nothing but another angry black man, leave him alone and don't let him derail the thread
Re: Fashola Commissions 7km Oshorun/ibeshe Road In Ikorodu by chitoria: 11:57pm On Sep 11, 2013
Who is fashole
Re: Fashola Commissions 7km Oshorun/ibeshe Road In Ikorodu by OtunbaJ: 12:00am On Sep 12, 2013
There is difference btw a leader and a lida, a leader is busy working 2wards d prograss of his pple while a lida is busy fight 4 anoda political power. Fashola(lagos), Ahmed(Gombe) u guys are leaders.pls smbody shuld tel Aliu talba(Niger),wamako and odas 2 stop being a lida der 2 der pple.
Re: Fashola Commissions 7km Oshorun/ibeshe Road In Ikorodu by agbameta: 12:01am On Sep 12, 2013
chitoria: Who is fashole

We heard youy the first time. Leave thread if you don't have anything better to contribute..
Re: Fashola Commissions 7km Oshorun/ibeshe Road In Ikorodu by bloggernaija: 1:05am On Sep 12, 2013
Rossikk: www.nairaland.com/attachments/1300820_1280455_622566457764624_1263905700_n_jpg4917f7b6a7871ca42f76cd2dcf5189f2

What kind if substandard crap is this? What is that open drain doing next to the sidewalk? I really don't know where we get these weird construction ideas in Nigeria from. I've never seen any road built like that in any place except Nigeria. That drain MUST and SHOULD be covered. Pedestrians are NOT supposed to be walking down a road and staring down into open gutters. Or needing to jump over the gutter to cross the road. Ridiculous, substandard rubbish.

Here's how you build a road, Mr THICK SKULL Fashola!!!! Can you see any open gutter here? Yet when it rains you would hardly notice as the water seeps cooly into the covered drains while pedestrians can walk without a care in the world, and the environment is devoid of stinks and unsightly gutters. What is so hard about these IMBECILES who call themselves govt officials replicating these simple, civilized roads throughout this country??

Nice road below but in that place ?
do they have pure water sachet ?
Do they have to contend with an influx of economic rufugees ?
Do they have to contend with over population
Do they have to contend with a bad federal government?
Re: Fashola Commissions 7km Oshorun/ibeshe Road In Ikorodu by cciojazz: 2:58am On Sep 12, 2013
Sorry to say this. I am Nigerian, half Hausa and Yoruba, but sometimes I think a lot of folks here are just plain stupid. Its 7 km of road, about 4 miles. It is not a favor. It is not a big deal. These are things you guys shoul have as standard. Good roads, schools, eletcricity, water etc are not luxuries, they are standard. I see drum rolls and all that stuff when a governor does stuff that you should not even blink about. Same Nigeria I see where a governor donates sewing machines and its pages upon pages of commemoration. ( NOTE THAT THOSE PAPER ADVERTS ARE PROBABLY MORE THAN THE GIFTS ANYWAYS ). We are supposed to be the smartest people ever, but sometimes, I am shocked by our own stupidity. It is not rocket science. iT IS YOUR COLLECTIVE WEALTH AND WHERE IT GOES IS NOT SOMEONE DOING YOU ARE FAVOR. it is your right as humans. You are not sub-human, so please stop with the crap.
Re: Fashola Commissions 7km Oshorun/ibeshe Road In Ikorodu by Rossikk(m): 3:07am On Sep 12, 2013
bloggernaija:

Nice road below but in that place ?
do they have pure water sachet ?
Do they have to contend with an influx of economic rufugees ?
Do they have to contend with over population
Do they have to contend with a bad federal government?

The reasons you listed are absurd, bogus and irrelevant. What do they have to do with how well the state govt constructs a ROAD?

And what the hell does ''federal government'' have to do with the road the Lagos State Govt built?

5 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions 7km Oshorun/ibeshe Road In Ikorodu by rozayx5(m): 4:26am On Sep 12, 2013
so its this interlocking they constructed @ 1billion per kilometer and they call this a road grin grin grin grin grin

i give this crap 5 years to wear off, by then fashola is in the US doing his checkup grin

1 Like

Re: Fashola Commissions 7km Oshorun/ibeshe Road In Ikorodu by anonimi: 5:25am On Sep 12, 2013
agbameta:

Allocation and IGR = 360. They borrow to make up the difference at N497 billion/20 million population

Akwa Ibom with allocation or IGR or no IGR, their budet for N559 including N80 loan/2013/5million population

The above is for your so called huge Lagos state IGR, it's meager 250b and allocation inluded, it's still way way below what Akwa ibom spends.

Lets compare their work starting from 2007 since both Fashola and akpabio entered their state houses at the same time so this is fair game.

The best way to settle this issue once and for all is detail their work side by side based on the list below..

Schools

Hosipitals

Transportation

Roads

Bridges

Universities

State institutions

Now, are you ready to put ypur money where your mouth is? If you are, go for it.

Please where did you get the 20 million population for Lagos
Source please.
Re: Fashola Commissions 7km Oshorun/ibeshe Road In Ikorodu by agbameta: 5:36am On Sep 12, 2013
anonimi:

Please where did you get the 20 million population for Lagos
Source please.

I see how you conveniently dodged the challenge and lashed on to population..

Ok lets just say both states have 5 million people, which even sounds better...

I need you to accept the challenge and put your akpabio money where your mouth is..

Schools

Hosipitals

Transportation

Roads

Bridges

Universities

State institutions

Now, are you ready to put ypur money where your mouth is? If
Re: Fashola Commissions 7km Oshorun/ibeshe Road In Ikorodu by MafiaMan: 7:31am On Sep 12, 2013
rozayx5: so its this interlocking they constructed @ 1billion per kilometer and they call this a road grin grin grin grin grin

i give this crap 5 years to wear off, by then fashola is in the US doing his checkup grin

I give your household 5 years, by then they all be treating acute syphilis of the brain. What do we expect from you ibos other than display of bitterness?

A project that was carefully carried out and conceived based on the previous EIA is what this bittered and sad toad is trying to rubbish?

1 Like

Re: Fashola Commissions 7km Oshorun/ibeshe Road In Ikorodu by segcymoor(m): 10:58am On Sep 12, 2013
Rossikk:

Spare me that CRAP. It is the ignorance of people like you that allows the govt build substandard projects and call it infrastructure. Leave out aesthetics for a second, which means nothing to you anyway. Imagine you are wheelchair bound (I know such people mean nothing to you), how are you supposed to cross that road with the gutter between the road and sidewalk? Do you realize the health implications of constant exposure to filthy open drains and garbage?

Fact. The road you posted is far Bette than this project. But the question is; if fashola decide otherwise who will quarry him. If you understand the pain people living along this road has experience for almost a decade. You will do nothing but thank this Guy for their life .do u know how many government officials that don't think in this direction but private jet and wasted money abroad. .. I own you no apology for my statement.

And don't bother mentioning 'abroad'. Look at Nairobi, Kenya, below. Do you see any open gutter in the street there?

Show me any gutter here. When people are trying to educate you on how things should be done, you reject it and want to remain in the bush!! Tomorrow you'll see a Kenyan man and think you're better than him.
Re: Fashola Commissions 7km Oshorun/ibeshe Road In Ikorodu by segcymoor(m): 10:59am On Sep 12, 2013
Rossikk:

Spare me that CRAP. It is the ignorance of people like you that allows the govt build substandard projects and call it infrastructure. Leave out aesthetics for a second, which means nothing to you anyway. Imagine you are wheelchair bound (I know such people mean nothing to you), how are you supposed to cross that road with the gutter between the road and sidewalk? Do you realize the health implications of constant exposure to filthy open drains and garbage?

Fact. The road you posted is far Bette than this project. But the question is; if fashola decide otherwise who will quarry him. If you understand the pain people living along this road has experience for almost a decade. You will do nothing but thank this Guy for their life .do u know how many government officials that don't think in this direction but private jet and wasted money abroad. .. I own you no apology for my statement.

Re: Fashola Commissions 7km Oshorun/ibeshe Road In Ikorodu by Ewarrior: 7:07pm On Sep 12, 2013
agbameta:

Schools

Hosipitals

Transportation

Roads

Bridges

Universities

State institutions

U should also add

Traffic Management

Waste Management (Refuse and Sewage)

Emergency Management

Security
Re: Fashola Commissions 7km Oshorun/ibeshe Road In Ikorodu by olaabiola: 1:52pm On Sep 15, 2013
BIGGEST ROGUE, THIEF !!!!!!! FASHOLA IS HIS NAME. grin
Re: Fashola Commissions 7km Oshorun/ibeshe Road In Ikorodu by Gbawe: 5:15am On Sep 17, 2013
Another commendable effort from Fashola. As someone mentioned earlier, impressive that Fashola continues to work and deliver while many politicians appear totally distracted with scheming and plotting for the 2015 polls.

http://businessdayonline.com/2013/09/ibeshe-road-infrastructure-new-gateway-to-housing-scheme-industrial-development/

Ibeshe road infrastructure: New gateway to housing scheme, industrial development
September 17, 2013 | Filed under: Real Estate | Posted by: Editor

When the Lagos State government came up with the idea of a 17-kilometre road infrastructure for the Ibeshe community in Ikorodu area of the state, the government and its agents did not perhaps imagine the quantum of multiplier effect it would have.

Development analysts have always insisted that infrastructure provision is synonymous with economic growth, advising that any society that wants to grow must invest in infrastructure, especially roads which open up communities and link one region of scarcity to another of plenty.

Recently, the Lagos State governor, Babatunde Fashola, commissioned the Ibeshe road and for that singular project, there are already noticeable improvements in the economy of the area with a textile factory, new schools and even new filling stations sited in the axis.

The governor announced plans for Ikorodu area, disclosing that work would soon start on a new factory terminal/jetty and a 720 flat housing scheme, adding that the completion of the Mile 12-Ikorodu road would ensure an improvement in the travel time on the axis.

He noted that all over the state, his administration desired to get the people to work quickly, promising that over 200 roads would soon be delivered across the state.

The governor said that government’s effort was aimed at bringing prosperity, pointing out, however, that having good life lies in the hands of each community. He urged community leaders to assist government in protecting public utilities.

Kadri Obafemi Hamzat, the state commissioner for works and infrastructure, had stated earlier that the essence of constructing the road was to open up the communities, adding that additional 10 roads such as Ring Road Imota, Idiatu, Sulaimon, Irewunmi, Agunfoye and Awolowo roads would soon be handed over to the people of Ikorodu.

He stated that the road, which was awarded to Arab Contractors, had been built to international standard with all the modern features such as drainage, walkway, culvert, service ducts and street light provided.

By: Chuka Uroko
Re: Fashola Commissions 7km Oshorun/ibeshe Road In Ikorodu by ladeski: 4:24pm On Sep 18, 2013
segcy.moor:

[
1. parcking money, SERIOUSLY !?
2. The guy you attacked is right, its a hazard to have an open gutter next to a side walk.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG To Launch Rice, Cassava Industries In Imo / Makarfi Faction Disagrees With Peace Committee, Calls Them Nonentity / Governors Forum Warn Against Passing Minimum Wage States Cannot Pay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.