Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

Sucide. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Sucide. (1196 Views)

Some Famous Celebrities That Commit Sucide / 10 Yr Old Boy Sucide Aborted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sucide. by ehemwhy(m): 7:33am On Sep 11, 2013
Good peeps of NL, last week a 29 old unemployed graduate just commited sucide up my street I know him and I know the sort of pressure he had been passing through, he seemed strong and I never thought he could commit sucide .
I am also in in similar situation as i just lost my job some months back and it is really eating me up the most painful part is that my own family members are not as understanding as I expected just because I don't drop for them as I used to, my girlfriend I can't relate with cos it has become obvious is because she is looking for someone to marry her at all cost. I now fully understand how lonely life can get an d God knows I am trying my best to geta new job.the thought of sucide has passed through my mind a couple of times ! I don't want to end up like my friend pls advise - Thanks
Re: Sucide. by Nobody: 7:55am On Sep 11, 2013
Sorry undecided
Re: Sucide. by Enegod(m): 8:24am On Sep 11, 2013
Depression is caused by a chemical
imbalance in the brain that can be
triggered by tramatic events in our lives.We
need to train ourselves to recognise that
when we feel a slump coming on we can
take ourselves to places or do things
where we experience natural highs in
order to rebuild those depleted levels
back up.
When those places are abruptly removed
from our existence (companionship, sex,
the ability to fend for ourselves down to
tramatic health issues), it's important to
find substitutes (exercise, nature, a
pleasing hobby) until we find our feet
again.
Re: Sucide. by RoyalRoy(m): 4:28pm On Sep 11, 2013
Ehemwhy, don't view life's disappointments as something permanent.
Life will never be smooth sailing all the way. Your situation is still better than some others. Dust yourself up & keep trying. Your dark tunnel will be lighted up real soon.

Visit here to stay motivated::::: www.nairaland.com/1347408/feeling-suicidal-come-here-first

Have a good day!
Re: Sucide. by Nobody: 7:57am On Sep 12, 2013
Since u're looking for a new job, while not find small things to keep you going, don't look @d money they will offer you, just do it. I know wen ur lonely diff thoughts comes to the mind. I knw is not easy bt try, & don't 4get you can talk to God one on one, he's always there to listen. Pls look @d frnds u follow, if they can't add value to ur life, live them and move on.
Re: Sucide. by ehemwhy(m): 9:08am On Sep 12, 2013
Wizee: Since u're looking for a new job, while not find small things to keep you going, don't look @d money they will offer you, just do it. I know wen ur lonely diff thoughts comes to the mind. I knw is not easy bt try, & don't 4get you can talk to God one on one, he's always there to listen. Pls look @d frnds u follow, if they can't add value to ur life, live them and move on.

Thanks Bro..I'm trying
Re: Sucide. by onegig(m): 9:10am On Sep 12, 2013
I just got one word bro.

John Quincy Adams
Patience and perseverance have
a magical effect before which
difficulties disappear and
obstacles vanish.
Re: Sucide. by ehemwhy(m): 9:10am On Sep 12, 2013
Royal Roy: Ehemwhy, don't view life's disappointments as something permanent.
Life will never be smooth sailing all the way. Your situation is still better than some others. Dust yourself up & keep trying. Your dark tunnel will be lighted up real soon.

Visit here to stay motivated::::: www.nairaland.com/1347408/feeling-suicidal-come-here-first

Have a good day!

Thanks, never knew the thread existed it has helpful contents
Re: Sucide. by ifyalways(f): 9:11am On Sep 12, 2013
@OP,You need to visit the Vacancy/job section often.You are wayyyyy off better than many of the regular posters there and none of them have given up or thought of suicide. That your family,friends have disappointed you is not enough reason to disappoint your maker,who created and made you for great exploits only if you will tarry for a little while.
Keep checking the job and business sections for opportunities and updates.There have been positive testimonies from that side.
What did you study in school,what can you do?
Have you thought of being self employed? Put an advert here on nld (It's free) and offer your services to the public.(It could be private home lessons for primary school kids,weekend house cleaning and laundry gigs etc)

This life toooooo sweet for anyone to think suicide. Get up and push it. smiley
Re: Sucide. by ehemwhy(m): 8:35pm On Sep 12, 2013
ifyalways: @OP,You need to visit the Vacancy/job section often.You are wayyyyy off better than many of the regular posters there and none of them have given up or thought of suicide. That your family,friends have disappointed you is not enough reason to disappoint your maker,who created and made you for great exploits only if you will tarry for a little while.
Keep checking the job and business sections for opportunities and updates.There have been positive testimonies from that side.
What did you study in school,what can you do?
Have you thought of being self employed? Put an advert here on nld (It's free) and offer your services to the public.(It could be private home lessons for primary school kids,weekend house cleaning and laundry gigs etc)

This life toooooo sweet for anyone to think suicide. Get up and push it. smiley
Re: Sucide. by tsmith(f): 8:55pm On Sep 12, 2013
ehemwhy:

Everyone goes through rough patches in life and often times this brings about stress and sadness (depression). It's almost logically that someone you thought was strong commuted suicide and you are now thinking along same line. It's a result if circumstance, time and location. If generally people around you sink to drinking etc when they r sad, you'd probably want to do same.

That been said, at the and of the day we have the ultimate control on the effects/impacts we allow the circumstances and events have on us. It's all in the mind, you can retrain your mind to think 'dude killed himself, because of so n so, but I'm not gonna allow same happen to me. I'm going to live above this and be triumphant from it"

Writting things down does help, it reinforces the message. I know you might think it's easy to say for me, but contrary I'm going through a low and these has helped me greatly. I know for certain there is light at the end of every tunnel
Re: Sucide. by Nobody: 11:33pm On Sep 12, 2013
Thank you for reaching out to us. Continue to reach out to those who love you. Be honest with them, and (with some discretion) let them know how far your thoughts are taking you. Confide totally in someone near you that you can have total trust in. Already, you have strangers praying for you, your family probably need the chance to help you too smiley
Re: Sucide. by ehemwhy(m): 8:09am On Sep 13, 2013
tsmith:

Everyone goes through rough patches in life and often times this brings about stress and sadness (depression). It's almost logically that someone you thought was strong commuted suicide and you are now thinking along same line. It's a result if circumstance, time and location. If generally people around you sink to drinking etc when they r sad, you'd probably want to do same.

That been said, at the and of the day we have the ultimate control on the effects/impacts we allow the circumstances and events have on us. It's all in the mind, you can retrain your mind to think 'dude killed himself, because of so n so, but I'm not gonna allow same happen to me. I'm going to live above this and be triumphant from it"

Writting things down does help, it reinforces the message. I know you might think it's easy to say for me, but contrary I'm going through a low and these has helped me greatly. I know for certain there is light at the end of every tunnel

Thanks Sis
Re: Sucide. by ehemwhy(m): 8:10am On Sep 13, 2013
Flytefalls: Thank you for reaching out to us. Continue to reach out to those who love you. Be honest with them, and (with some discretion) let them know how far your thoughts are taking you. Confide totally in someone near you that you can have total trust in. Already, you have strangers praying for you, your family probably need the chance to help you too smiley

Thanks ,it's very heartwarming to know there are strangers that care this much .
Re: Sucide. by thorpido(m): 5:39pm On Sep 13, 2013
If you can look beyond today,I assure you there's light at the end of the tunnel.
We all go through rough patches in life but the most beautiful thing about life is NO CONDITION IS PERMANENT.
In the words of a famous author,tough times never last but tough people do.
Get tough.

Please don't compare yourself to the guy on your street who committed suicide and as for your girlfriend who's acting up,let her go.Someone better will come along.
One thing about thoughts of suicide that people never realise is that if you look at your life as having something to GIVE rather than just what you can GET,you'll realise taking your life is actually denying people of receiving from you.It's not just about material things cos that is not what life is all about.

Think about doing more for others(and it will surely come back to you)and you will realise life is beautiful.
Re: Sucide. by RoyalRoy(m): 6:10pm On Sep 13, 2013
Thorpido, very well said!!
Re: Sucide. by ehemwhy(m): 6:14pm On Sep 13, 2013
thorpido: If you can look beyond today,I assure you there's light at the end of the tunnel.
We all go through rough patches in life but the most beautiful thing about life is NO CONDITION IS PERMANENT.
In the words of a famous author,tough times never last but tough people do.
Get tough.

Please don't compare yourself to the guy on your street who committed suicide and as for your girlfriend who's acting up,let her go.Someone better will come along.
One thing about thoughts of suicide that people never realise is that if you look at your life as having something to GIVE rather than just what you can GET,you'll realise taking your life is actually denying people of receiving from you.It's not just about material things cos that is not what life is all about.

Think about doing more for others(and it will surely come back to you)and you will realise life is beautiful.

Thanks Bro
Re: Sucide. by Nobody: 8:54pm On Sep 13, 2013
Pls don't die yet. Too early.

(1) (Reply)

7 Reasons Why You Should Forget About Money Lent To Relatives/family Members / What Do You Do When You Realize You Are Married To The “wrong Person? / Too Much Money: Meet The Nigerian Man That Buried his Mother in a Hummer Jeep

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.