Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,535 members, 7,819,915 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:33 AM

What Language Do Your Parents Speak To Eachother - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Language Do Your Parents Speak To Eachother (9445 Views)

What Language Is Nigeria's Lingua-Franca? / How Many Language Do Nigeria Have And Can You Name Your Language? / And To Which Language Do These Famous Naija Expressions Belong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Language Do Your Parents Speak To Eachother by Nobody: 2:35pm On Sep 13, 2013
Scottish Gaelic & English
Re: What Language Do Your Parents Speak To Eachother by franksunny(m): 2:35pm On Sep 13, 2013
They speak Ika, anioma represented

1 Like

Re: What Language Do Your Parents Speak To Eachother by Nobody: 2:36pm On Sep 13, 2013
English..

I'm from an inter-tribal home
Re: What Language Do Your Parents Speak To Eachother by Nobody: 2:37pm On Sep 13, 2013
My friend,Igbo don't hv hardcore ok? Mine p speaks IGBO .

1 Like

Re: What Language Do Your Parents Speak To Eachother by Nobody: 2:39pm On Sep 13, 2013
duffie: English..

Isn't it time for them to learn each other language?
Re: What Language Do Your Parents Speak To Eachother by dimexilux(m): 2:39pm On Sep 13, 2013
Rubbish!! How come dis kind topic make first page self. Werin concern me abt d lang someone speaks.... Mtcheeeeeeew
Re: What Language Do Your Parents Speak To Eachother by justbelieve: 2:40pm On Sep 13, 2013
they always speak one language that i dont understand. pls let me go and ask them the meaning, i will be back
Re: What Language Do Your Parents Speak To Eachother by Nobody: 2:40pm On Sep 13, 2013
Igbo/French.. Igbo especially whenever they are talking about something they don't want me and my baby bro to know about. That was back when we were young tho.

1 Like

Re: What Language Do Your Parents Speak To Eachother by Cestmoi1(f): 2:40pm On Sep 13, 2013
In time past that i know,it was definately yoruba.

1 Like

Re: What Language Do Your Parents Speak To Eachother by Caracta(f): 2:41pm On Sep 13, 2013
Hausa grin

1 Like

Re: What Language Do Your Parents Speak To Eachother by 360command: 2:44pm On Sep 13, 2013
nadia_SA: My parents speak zulu to each other..
I don't understand , for each time nadia_SA comments, somebody must give her a LIKE. What is the LIKE about what she has written? If I write my parents speak oyibo, na who go give me LIKE? Some guys can just be olodo!!

10 Likes

Re: What Language Do Your Parents Speak To Eachother by quivah(f): 2:44pm On Sep 13, 2013
the almighty Yoruba

1 Like

Re: What Language Do Your Parents Speak To Eachother by quivah(f): 2:44pm On Sep 13, 2013
Handsomeemmy:

buhahahah.... Your username says it all.... Rolling to river Niger.
safe journey dear!! Greet your ancestors for me
Re: What Language Do Your Parents Speak To Eachother by BarryX(m): 2:46pm On Sep 13, 2013
Isoklish -- Fusion of English and the Isoko dialect with a lot of "Oghene do" songs going on !
Re: What Language Do Your Parents Speak To Eachother by Btruth: 2:47pm On Sep 13, 2013
Ijebu. Though I understand every bit of it, but to speak it na wahala.

cheesy
Re: What Language Do Your Parents Speak To Eachother by Davo93(m): 2:51pm On Sep 13, 2013
ojingbe: Me my local dialet owo
wow! ke ti ri? i be omo Owo too man
Re: What Language Do Your Parents Speak To Eachother by Afam4eva(m): 2:52pm On Sep 13, 2013
Mr Aboki:
Ogba..
Biko, ke nke bu Ogba? Is it the Ogba in Lagos or the one in Rivers?

2 Likes

Re: What Language Do Your Parents Speak To Eachother by BarryX(m): 2:53pm On Sep 13, 2013
duffie: English..

My Dear -- Learn a Nigerian Language for your own safety
Soon enough when the disintegration we all clamour for comes to fruition, Everybody go answer their papa name

Wise words

1 Like

Re: What Language Do Your Parents Speak To Eachother by Nobody: 2:53pm On Sep 13, 2013
Igbo and Yoruba smiley

1 Like

Re: What Language Do Your Parents Speak To Eachother by Afam4eva(m): 2:55pm On Sep 13, 2013
My parents speak Nkanu Igbo to themselves and speak same to us.

1 Like

Re: What Language Do Your Parents Speak To Eachother by Afam4eva(m): 2:55pm On Sep 13, 2013
chimkaire: Igbo and Yoruba smiley
Are you half caste?
Re: What Language Do Your Parents Speak To Eachother by hariorh: 2:58pm On Sep 13, 2013
ojingbe: Whats fulfude

fulani

grin
Re: What Language Do Your Parents Speak To Eachother by MrsChima(f): 2:58pm On Sep 13, 2013
Afam4eva:
Are you half caste?

undecided undecided undecided
Re: What Language Do Your Parents Speak To Eachother by tayolove12(m): 2:58pm On Sep 13, 2013
Yoruba on top of the word

1 Like

Re: What Language Do Your Parents Speak To Eachother by Lilimax(f): 2:58pm On Sep 13, 2013
Igbo all the way.
I'm currently speaking the language to my children.
They must understand Igbo language by force grin grin

2 Likes

Re: What Language Do Your Parents Speak To Eachother by sweetponmo(m): 2:58pm On Sep 13, 2013
They don't only speak Ekiti language to each other. They also dance Ekiti gangnam style...

1 Like

Re: What Language Do Your Parents Speak To Eachother by hariorh: 2:59pm On Sep 13, 2013
Sign language actually
cheesy
Re: What Language Do Your Parents Speak To Eachother by MrsChima(f): 3:01pm On Sep 13, 2013
REALITY101: Igbo/French.. Igbo especially whenever they are talking about something they don't want me and my baby bro to know about. That was back when we were young tho.

They were saying lets Bleep in Igbo.
Re: What Language Do Your Parents Speak To Eachother by Afam4eva(m): 3:01pm On Sep 13, 2013
Lilimax: Igbo all the way.
I'm currently speaking the language to my children.
They must understand Igbo language by force grin grin
That's very good of you.
Re: What Language Do Your Parents Speak To Eachother by MrsChima(f): 3:01pm On Sep 13, 2013
hariorh: Sign language actually
cheesy

Awwww....they are deaf and mute?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Wikipedia In Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa / Who Are The Queens Of Swaziland? Pictures and Biography of the Queens / Culture And Igbo Business Practices!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.