Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,106 members, 7,828,859 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:20 PM

President Jonathan Appoints Interim Ministers - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan Appoints Interim Ministers (31234 Views)

Jonathan Appoints Solomon Arase As Acting IGP, Sacks IGP Suleiman Abba / Jonathan Appoints Alhassan Yakmut As NSC DG (To Replace Gbenga Elegbeleye) / President Jonathan Appoints Suleiman Abba New Inspector Genaral Of Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Jonathan Appoints Interim Ministers by taharqa: 8:28am On Sep 12, 2013
abdulkayus:

c dis lapdog. Did u think he did all dos things or d minister did dem. FYI, a minister of state is a junior minister who assisst the minister in carrying out works nt him initiating dem himself. Kudos shld be given to the minister for all dos sterling performance nt d wicked wike dat was goin up and down to fight d fight dat its nt his bt jus to get some crumps frm d PEJ.
Ignoramus, all those things I mentioned are under d DIRECT SUPERVISION of d Office of d Min of State for Education. Am sure you do not know that Mins of States usuali have sm Agencies/Projects/Programmes assigned to dem. OLODO..... Of course, d former Senior Min contributed to these and did generali well in the many other Areas she directly handled but that does not belittle d specific efforts of d Min of State. For instance, Wike was d one meeting those Contractors every month, not Rufa'i...
Re: President Jonathan Appoints Interim Ministers by joehmadami: 8:28am On Sep 12, 2013
FOLYKAZE: Finally Nigerian must sleep with two eye opened.....

It has always being two eyes opened
Re: President Jonathan Appoints Interim Ministers by Larryupsy: 8:34am On Sep 12, 2013
I hate to call dis man(president of Nigeria) Jonathan bt that's who he really was,don't know why he's so predictable like dat,even if it was d right thing to do,i guess dis is done @ a wrong time.his actions has shown he is playing his cards to d tune of his political enemies since his action clearly shows sacked Ministers are targeted becos of deir state gov rebellions in d PDP structure ,Wike who is also at d center of storm at Rivers state now appointed interim Minister of education wch might be later confirmed as d substantive Minister of education so as to provide strong base for him to contest d Guber election in d state,Erelu Obada was sacked becos of Oyinlola who was d parallel secreatary of d party.What i need to know is, who was dose pple advising dis man?is he intentionally advised wrongly to achieve deir own personal ambitions or dey are also daft like their principal.dis man Jonathan is his own enemy and nt APC
Re: President Jonathan Appoints Interim Ministers by Nobody: 8:43am On Sep 12, 2013
Congratz Hon. Labaran Maku
Re: President Jonathan Appoints Interim Ministers by olaideadedoyin(m): 8:50am On Sep 12, 2013
were still waiting to see your next step. But what u are doing is some how political? Why nt minister of Labour, Health, Information, state education, Petrolum minister. Why nt ammg them? Your action is some how political
Re: President Jonathan Appoints Interim Ministers by Aliyubest(m): 8:52am On Sep 12, 2013
ballabriggs:

Another Labaran Maku lapdog on the loose. Get me a chain to hold this one down so he does not bite strangers.

He went on his fraudulent tour and so what? Who beg am? He only went to blackmail State Executives to give him money. Look at NTA and FRCN the two major organisations under the dullard and tell me the level of improvement. What has changed? NTA still uses 1900 picture and audio quality while Labaran Maku went round the country drinking 'fura de nunu' in the name of good governance fraud. Yet a lapdog like you wants to sell such rotten tomato to me. Eat your rotten tomato alone, let Maku drive you around in his vehicle of mediocrity, it fits you, you are a lapdog.
u spoke my mind, i suspect dis pdp lapdogs r .....i reserve my comment
Re: President Jonathan Appoints Interim Ministers by Burger01(m): 8:53am On Sep 12, 2013
shine eye: ..... Finally, in sports, specifically football which means a whole lot to Nigerians, Nigeria has just won the prestigious Nations Cup under President Jonathan AFTER ONLY TWO YEARS OF HIS LEADERSHIP. For the eight years that Obasanjo was in power Nigeria DID NOT WIN A SINGLE TROPHY IN FOOTBALL OR INDEED ANY OTHER SPORT! In fact, under Obasanjo, Nigeria left all tournaments in which it participated in disgrace. Surely, these seven areas impact directly on the lives of ordinary citizens of this country, do they not?

GEJ(SAW, PBUH, SWT) 2015
NO SHAKING!!!

Allah ya tarwatsa Arewanci....

Walahi Baba Iyabo is a cursed man.. 'Illuck' to the nation plus that Cocoyam head Maradona..

angry
Re: President Jonathan Appoints Interim Ministers by Lordave: 8:56am On Sep 12, 2013
I'm happy to hear thaT Olugbenga Ashiru and Ruqqyatu Rufai have been relived of their works as minister of foreign affairs and Education respectively. They are nit wits among big wigs.
Kudos GEJ.
Re: President Jonathan Appoints Interim Ministers by Lordave: 8:58am On Sep 12, 2013
olaideadedoyin: were still waiting to see your next step. But what u are doing is some how political? Why nt minister of Labour, Health, Information, state education, Petrolum minister. Why nt ammg them? Your action is some how political
he should sack the minister of Health, state education, petroleum
SHM
Re: President Jonathan Appoints Interim Ministers by Burger01(m): 9:02am On Sep 12, 2013
DankemzI: If i were Wike, first thing i'll do is to end ASUU strike by so doing he'll make history, +xtra fame

Trust me, ASUU would call off the strike between the next two weeks. You know why? Wike has got to prove to us all that he is capable and very much unlike that Ruqqayat of a minister...

Just a matter of time and our universities stakeholders would begin to dance Kukere and Skelewu angry to the tune Wike dishes out from his education guitar..

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Appoints Interim Ministers by Lordave: 9:08am On Sep 12, 2013
agbameta:

No, you STFU..

Why remove them now without replacements? Any need for the urgency? Why now?

We are not talking about just one position, we are talking abut 9 positions...

Who removes people without ready replacements to ensure continuity and stability? Only a dullard like Jonathan.

Now we have to go trough another round of selection drama and long Senate approval process with the usual senate drama.

A nuisance, a shallow light weight and public lair heading the defense ministry means either that ministry is worthless and must be managed by worth less people or the dullard put his trusted errand boy there to keep tab on the Military...

Obviously, this is a kindergarten political move the dullard is know for?
you obviously lack the ability to read and comprehend effectively. Unnecessary hatred has blinded the minds of most of you.
Re: President Jonathan Appoints Interim Ministers by Heliesha: 9:18am On Sep 12, 2013
hate to be a bad belle but why didnt they sack the minister of sports.to me dat guyz doesnt really know what he's doing there
Re: President Jonathan Appoints Interim Ministers by PointB: 9:19am On Sep 12, 2013
The President has always been a man of balls; I bet his political opponents underestimated him.

Yes, there is political undertone in this move, despite the denial from the presidency. But then it's a brilliant move; a double edged sword. In one move he had again shown his opponents that he not only hold most of the cards, but he can play them with guile and sagacity. Now his opponents will be forced to make their next moves.

Secondly, there are many Nigerians who are not interested in the political maneuvering, these folks are interested primarily in dividend of governance. These folks will simply look at the list of ministers shown the door, access their performance, and conclude, naturally, that baring one or two, it was largely a good move. What has been the impact of some of these ministers on the polity? Why should they continue to occupy space in the cabinet and receive salaries despite the fact that their political benefactors have fallen out with the presidency - making their paltry contribution all the more obvious.

Now the next step is to fill up those spaces with more vibrant personalities, shutting the critics and setting a new agenda!

To those who think the presidency is playing his cards too early, I suggest you ask yourselves these questions:. How many cards are in the playing deck? How many does the President holds? Who holds the Aces, and who holds the Jokers? Finally, what's the point of holding the cards if you cannot play them, while your opponents play theirs?

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Appoints Interim Ministers by PointB: 9:21am On Sep 12, 2013
Lordave: he should sack the minister of Health, state education, petroleum? ??
SHM

Sack his performing allies? To make who happy? This is a joke, right?
Re: President Jonathan Appoints Interim Ministers by modestdude(m): 9:30am On Sep 12, 2013
ballabriggs: Chineke nna leee!!! Agbisi agbala otula.

Labaran Maku, who failed as a journalist, failed as a union leader and also failed as a cattle rearer is made Defence Minister.

This is a national calamity. I say pray, pray hard for your country Nigeria is in the hands of agavus.
it is not good for you to speak with your anus. So literally failure to you implies that someone is done and dusted in the struggles of life and therefore whatever he ventures into thereafter will breed calamity. Smh @ some of you. How many times did Abraham Lincoln fail before becoming America's President? Your thinking needs an overhaul
Re: President Jonathan Appoints Interim Ministers by yim(f): 9:32am On Sep 12, 2013
maku is more suited to be in information. as INTERIM min of defence wat if sumtin happens and cal 4 d ministry's expertise, he might nt perform. Defence is too key to joke with INTERIM OR NOT. as 4 Wike i don't much about his qualification.
never tot i would say dis but i miss Frank Nweke jr (min 4 info under Obj)
Re: President Jonathan Appoints Interim Ministers by olayinkalucy: 9:39am On Sep 12, 2013
no political undertone then what, whom are they deceiving ,obada candidate of oyinlola, kuchi candidate of babangida aliyu,etc they should tell us what happen to Madam World Bank that has been their for long making country, her fatherland misrable for common man who can not affor three squal meal or paid their children school fees
Re: President Jonathan Appoints Interim Ministers by barcaboi(m): 9:40am On Sep 12, 2013
Now we hav criminals as ministers esp Wike
Re: President Jonathan Appoints Interim Ministers by cnsprince(m): 9:59am On Sep 12, 2013
A very positive action, even though belated.
Re: President Jonathan Appoints Interim Ministers by Nobody: 10:18am On Sep 12, 2013
Ministers? What did they do when they were given the appointment? Nothing!
Re: President Jonathan Appoints Interim Ministers by Lordave: 10:19am On Sep 12, 2013
PointB:

Sack his performing allies? To make who happy? This is a joke, right?
I didn't say they should be sacked, someone else did. And I was trying to clarify if the guy was high on pepsi.
Re: President Jonathan Appoints Interim Ministers by PointB: 10:24am On Sep 12, 2013
Lordave: I didn't say they should be sacked, someone else did. And I was trying to clarify if the guy was high on pepsi.

oops, my bad then. Sorry for the mix-up bros
Re: President Jonathan Appoints Interim Ministers by Lordave: 10:26am On Sep 12, 2013
PointB:

oops, my bad then. Sorry for the mix-up bros
nsogbu adighi.
Re: President Jonathan Appoints Interim Ministers by obayaya(m): 11:20am On Sep 12, 2013
jadakiss213: would you shut up already?? Those are interim positions for christ sakes..Substantive ministers would be announced in a matter of weeks.

my dynamics textbook will always tell me, independent variables are more important than dependent variables. her professional qualifications.. but she neglected it for a dependent variable.. ministerial position..
Re: President Jonathan Appoints Interim Ministers by Gregzee: 11:23am On Sep 12, 2013
Definitely when Nigerians are drumming support for you! then know you're the worst human ever..... thats best explains the rot in our system. But when you're being referred to as "a retardeen" "weak" "fool" and the likes just as GEJ then ride on because you're on track.
Re: President Jonathan Appoints Interim Ministers by prettyboi1(m): 11:27am On Sep 12, 2013
Nigeria's government is a big joke. Jonathan's government in particular is a FUuuCKING JOKE. Ordinarily,the ministry of defense is a very very sensitive ministry/arm of government & I've always thought that that ministry should never be run by anybody without prior military experience. A retired military officer would definitely do better in that ministry. What if Nigeria has to go to war now,is it a bunch of clueless civilians like us that would know shit about defense? How won't boko haram be pounding us? smh.
To make things worse, Labaran Maku is the one overseeing the ministry of defense in this new shuffle by the president. When we talk now,the president's dogs would start barking at us saying we never see anything good in anything he does. If this isn't cluelessness,then please tell me what it is. How won't boko haram be terrorizing his government & our beautiful country as a whole?
Re: President Jonathan Appoints Interim Ministers by Bulcqlay(m): 12:14pm On Sep 12, 2013
weda wike or not.all i care is to end dis ASUU on goin strike
Re: President Jonathan Appoints Interim Ministers by Nafizzey(m): 12:25pm On Sep 12, 2013
If there's no political undertone regarding the sacking, then why did'nt He had done the sacking prior this PDP Crisis.. FOOLISH PEOPLE
Re: President Jonathan Appoints Interim Ministers by Biodup: 12:29pm On Sep 12, 2013
3lovesu: Wike for education... I say R.I.P to Education
wike may be arrogant but he knows his job. Wike is the best man for the jod, the is mr no nonsense.
Re: President Jonathan Appoints Interim Ministers by Livinusc(m): 12:31pm On Sep 12, 2013
FOLYKAZE: Finally Nigerian must sleep with two eye opened.....

Good move from our able presdo a job well done,,may God continue to strengthen dis Nation till we reach to d highest level.
Re: President Jonathan Appoints Interim Ministers by Dpeacemaker101: 12:36pm On Sep 12, 2013
Mekusnwa: Somehow I think the President acted very rightly. It was a sack long overdue for some ministers.
I have gone through the list of those affected ministers and harbor no doubt as to the propriety.

The president is the employer and has the discretion to appoint and fire. I'm happy he exercised this dissection wisely in not touching the performing ministers in his cabinet. The performing Ministers are obvious- Oduah, Onoelemene, Usman(transport) Adeshina(Agric) Ngozi Okonjo Iweala (Finance) Bolaji (sports) Maku (information)

The redeployment of Maku in acting capacity as Minister of Defence is a reward for hardwork, loyalty and commitment.
It's hard not to feel the way Maku carries his out his duties as information Minister with passion.
well spoken my brother, this is how government should be managed. Maku is indeed a dedicated and loyal performer.
Re: President Jonathan Appoints Interim Ministers by Dpeacemaker101: 12:46pm On Sep 12, 2013
ballabriggs: Chineke nna leee!!! Agbisi agbala otula.

Labaran Maku, who failed as a journalist, failed as a union leader and also failed as a cattle rearer is made Defence Minister.

This is a national calamity. I say pray, pray hard for your country Nigeria is in the hands of agavus.
While you that have succeeded in blabbing is still in your usual position writing BS on NL. Nothing personal

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

President Buhari Visits The Emir Daura (photos) / Emir Sanusi Visits Governor Obiano (Photo) / EndSARS: Eromosele Adene Arrested & Detained, Sister Onomene Adene Speaks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.