Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,285 members, 7,818,959 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

Confused Governor Oshiomhole Looks On As Kidnappers Takeover Edo State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Confused Governor Oshiomhole Looks On As Kidnappers Takeover Edo State (3268 Views)

Lara Oshiomhole Looks Stunning As She Hosts Kids In The State To A Party(photos) / Governor Oshiomhole And Wife Iara / How APC Will Succeed - Governor Oshiomhole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Confused Governor Oshiomhole Looks On As Kidnappers Takeover Edo State by Nobody: 7:11pm On Sep 12, 2013
On the same day that Senior lawyer and activist, Mike Ozekhome was released from the den of kidnappers, another high profile kidnapping has been reported in Edo. A traditional ruler was abducted in Ovia South-West LGA. The traditional ruler, who is an in-law to the Monarch of Benin Kingdom, Oba Uku Akpolokpolo Erediauwa, was seized by four armed men at about 7.00p.m on Wednesday.
http://premiumtimesng.com/news/144583-mike-ozekhome-freed.html

While Kidnappers are on rampage in Edo State, the confused Chief Security Officer of the state, Governor Adams Aliyu Oshiomhole, looks on. The State Police command also appear helpless. About four police men were gunned down by the kidnappers during the kidnapp of Mike Ozekhome about 20 days.

Those who have piece of advice for a confused Governor Adams Aliyu Oshiomhole and the Edo State Police command can do so on this thread.
Re: Confused Governor Oshiomhole Looks On As Kidnappers Takeover Edo State by asha80(m): 7:16pm On Sep 12, 2013
it seems there have been some high profile kidnappings in edo recently.
Re: Confused Governor Oshiomhole Looks On As Kidnappers Takeover Edo State by reporter1: 7:17pm On Sep 12, 2013
@OP,

Whoever employed you should fire you. In Nigeria, the security of the State is vested in FG who controls the armed forces. It's the FG that is clueless in this case.

7 Likes

Re: Confused Governor Oshiomhole Looks On As Kidnappers Takeover Edo State by Nobody: 7:18pm On Sep 12, 2013
The activities and successes of the civillian JTF in Borno has shown that so much can be done by both the governor and civillian populace in the fight against crime and criminality, even under the present arrangement. The governor can draw inspiration from that. The governor's security vote should be put to use.

Meanwhile, the police chief in that state should also be changed as he appears to be helpless.

1 Like

Re: Confused Governor Oshiomhole Looks On As Kidnappers Takeover Edo State by petrov10: 7:18pm On Sep 12, 2013
E go better
Re: Confused Governor Oshiomhole Looks On As Kidnappers Takeover Edo State by atlwireles: 7:22pm On Sep 12, 2013
reporter?:
@OP,

Whoever employed you should fire you. In Nigeria, the security of the State is vested in FG who controls the armed forces. It's the FG that is clueless in this case.

Go and ask other state govs. how they dealt with kidnapping in their states. Uduaghan is next door, he might have a thing or two to teach Osho, when it comes to dealing with kidnapping. If you are waiting for Abuja, you can as well move all Edo state residents to Abuja.

1 Like

Re: Confused Governor Oshiomhole Looks On As Kidnappers Takeover Edo State by Nobody: 7:29pm On Sep 12, 2013
Meanwhile, I must state that Governor Oshiomhole is my man. Although he fumbled at the last Edo local council polls, I have so much respect for his energy and patriotism. However, he has to do more to curb insecurity in the state. His idle security votes must be put to use. I'm not sure of how many jobs he has created in the last 4 years. He has to create more jobs
Re: Confused Governor Oshiomhole Looks On As Kidnappers Takeover Edo State by Waspy(m): 7:40pm On Sep 12, 2013
Oshiomhole himself hasn't gotten justice frm the Fed Govt and Nat Police Force over the assasination of his personal secretary....the Executheives 'dabaru' the whole case....Now you want him to give what you've taken from him? Pple have urged the Executheif to hands off NPF for local/state police but i guess they'll rather keep NPF solely for 2015 ambitions ( to harass and terrorise political antagonists) ref: Amaechi vs Mbu 2013.

2 Likes

Re: Confused Governor Oshiomhole Looks On As Kidnappers Takeover Edo State by Nobody: 7:45pm On Sep 12, 2013
@ Sincere 9gerian, are you saying the police chiefs in the niger delta states where oil theft is rife should also be changed?
and are the ND governors confused also?

2 Likes

Re: Confused Governor Oshiomhole Looks On As Kidnappers Takeover Edo State by Kanwulia: 7:51pm On Sep 12, 2013
The land of 'red sand' and 'no progress' in the news again.

Why won't OSHIOMOLE be powerless when he dares not mess with the TOP OGBONI CULTISTS AKA RETIERED-EX-POLICE COMMISSIONERS/5-STAR-GENERALISIMO-ARMED-ROBBERS in the state WHO SPONSOR AND SHIELD THE KIDNAPPERS THEMSELVES? grin

ANENIH NKO? HE IS POWERLESS TOO? AFTER PUTTING OSHIOMOLE'S USELESS AZZZZE UP THERE TO SPITE IGBINEDION? undecided

Who is he deceiving? undecided ABI KIDNAPPERS NOR DEY PAY TAX TO TAX-COLLECTORS? If you arrest any of them. . .THEY ARE RELEASED THE NEXT MINUTE BY THE SAME POLICE CTHIEVES! Back to square one!

The only thing I LOVE EDO state for is that the people DO NOT WORSHIP MONEY.
The most un-materialistic people you could ever come across. . .I am from there, so I should know. cool
But alas. . .the LAZIEST and MOST FETISH SOBs and DOBs could ever encounter. . . .THANKS FOR MY DELTA agbOro genes! I FOR WOR-WOR PASS SATAN NYANSH, I SWEAR!!!! cry

Did I mention THE VERY UGLIEST too? grin
See Oshiomole's face. . . THE EPITOME OF UGLINESS. . . of the most HORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRENDOUS PROPORTIONS!!!! cry cry cry

How kidnappers and GRAND-NAPPERS nor go take over the state? If the MEN in EDO state are not pi-imp-iing their grand-daughters and GRAND-MOTHERS TO ITALY. . . AND DUBAI to do assssssssshawo work. . . they are busy kidnapping. . .WE ARE TALKING FIRST-CLASS WITH DISTINCTION ARMED-ROBBERS. . . .GRADE A+++++!!!

Police commissioners like . . .PA OSAYANDE and co. . . .who sponsor these armed robbers and MURDERERS!!!! TUFIAAAAAAAAAAAKWA!!!! grin
Na today. . . ? undecided

I can't wait to SELL all my father's and mother's properties in that CURSED state! THE DEAD HEART-BEAT OF NIGERIA!!!! Shioooor!!!

ELEMA BOYS are still alive abi? Those LOW-LIVES terrorised the whole G.R.A. . . . in my grand-father's days. . .UP TILL DATE!!!

They have now graduated to awon BOB IZUA MOTOR PARK 'OREDO-LOCAL-GOVERNMENT', SPONSORED-AREA-TOUT FROM THEIR WOR-WOR OBA'S PALACE!!!! USELEZZZZZZZ AZZZZHOLES. . . THE WHOLE BUNCH OF THEM!!!! cheesy EVERYTHING ABOUT THEM. . . RETRO-PROGRESSIVE!!!! cry

Abeg! MAKE DEM GO QUENCH!!!! IN PIECESSSS! kiss I HAAAAAAAAAATE THAT STATE WITH THE MOST ACRIMONIOUS PASSION!!!! angry
Nonsense TINZ! kiss
Re: Confused Governor Oshiomhole Looks On As Kidnappers Takeover Edo State by homesteady(m): 8:12pm On Sep 12, 2013
^^^
Land of red sand and no development! LOL - you got the perfect definition!

The level of kidnapping in Edo state is on another level oh! Up to the extent that Soldiers follow white Contractors everywhere

Security is just bad in that state!
Re: Confused Governor Oshiomhole Looks On As Kidnappers Takeover Edo State by takeprofit: 8:19pm On Sep 12, 2013
This is where i salute Gov. T.A. Orji. He did something about kidnapping in Abia state and today abia is free from kidnappers. i believe oshomole can learn from him.

1 Like

Re: Confused Governor Oshiomhole Looks On As Kidnappers Takeover Edo State by Nobody: 8:25pm On Sep 12, 2013
Confused? I presume the op! is suffering from end time fever. grin grin

I think Amaechi, Uduaghan, Okorocha (Imo baby factory and kidnapping) are all clueless right?
Even GEJ too... cos the menace is plaguing the Federal rep. of Nigeria too.. and what about oil bunkering huh!
[code]

gotta brush my mouth joor. Haba!

Re: Confused Governor Oshiomhole Looks On As Kidnappers Takeover Edo State by Standing5(m): 8:25pm On Sep 12, 2013
Sincere most of these kidnappers are oil theives cum kidnapper, who do u think is taking their oyel market considering the fact that oyel theft is on the high?
Re: Confused Governor Oshiomhole Looks On As Kidnappers Takeover Edo State by Nobody: 8:33pm On Sep 12, 2013
@kanwulia or watever u call urself, i wanted to quote u but on second thought didn't want to do u dat honour. Suffice it to say dat, u should learn how to talk, especially on public fora like dis...
Back to the topic @hand: its true that the state goveenor actually seems to be clueless about how to handle the spate of crimes especially robbery, killings & kidnappings in the state. Maybe he can start by changing the top security operatives (if its not within his power, i'm sure he can lobby for this)
Re: Confused Governor Oshiomhole Looks On As Kidnappers Takeover Edo State by Kanwulia: 8:37pm On Sep 12, 2013
homesteady: ^^^

The level of kidnapping in Edo state is on another level oh! Up to the extent that Soldiers follow white Contractors everywhere

From time immemorial ke!
Very useless state. My papa come from dia. . .BUT I REFUSE TO GET MARRIED FROM SUCH A CURSED PLACE TO PROPAGATE ARMED ROBBERY GENES. . . ABORTION IS THE ONLY WAY OUT FOR SURE! Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh!!! grin
All the POLICE COMMISSIONERS(past and present). . .ALL STARTED AS ARMED ROBBERS! You want them to jail their 'AWON BOYZ'? cheesy
Name ONE who was not collecting payment ON DEAD pensioners(while the widows and children starved to death). . . . . OR COLLECTING SALARIES OF FAKE POLICE STAFF in that EDO-STATE OF A SATAN'S LATRINE?

This one called OSHI-OMALE deserves a HOT SLAP for sure! UGLY BASSSARD! kiss
Re: Confused Governor Oshiomhole Looks On As Kidnappers Takeover Edo State by Olaolufred(m): 8:51pm On Sep 12, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: On the same day that Senior lawyer and activist, Mike Ozekhome was released from the den of kidnappers, another high profile kidnapping has been reported in Edo. A traditional ruler was abducted in Ovia South-West LGA. The traditional ruler, who is an in-law to the Monarch of Benin Kingdom, Oba Uku Akpolokpolo Erediauwa, was seized by four armed men at about 7.00p.m on Wednesday.

While Kidnappers are on rampage in Edo State, the confused Chief Security Officer of the state, Governor Adams Aliyu Oshiomhole, looks on. The State Police command also appear helpless. About four police men were gunned down by the kidnappers during the kidnapp of Mike Ozekhome about 20 days.

Those who have piece of advice for a confused Governor Adams Aliyu Oshiomhole and the Edo State Police command can do so on this thread.

Now I know that you reason upside down.
Or your belly has turned you into a brainless soul.
Re: Confused Governor Oshiomhole Looks On As Kidnappers Takeover Edo State by homesteady(m): 8:56pm On Sep 12, 2013
Olaolufred:

Now I know that you reason upside down.
Or your belly has turned you into a brainless soul.

Boo! tongue

1 Like

Re: Confused Governor Oshiomhole Looks On As Kidnappers Takeover Edo State by AbuMikey(m): 8:56pm On Sep 12, 2013
homesteady: ^^^

We gats manage our state!!!

The state can't handle this alone actually,so I don't see any reason why we should be laying all blames on Oshiomole
Re: Confused Governor Oshiomhole Looks On As Kidnappers Takeover Edo State by takedat(m): 9:02pm On Sep 12, 2013
The frequent occurrences of kidnap cases is a pointer to the Nation's poor security system. Kidnapping constitutes an embarrassment to the Nation and not just Edo State. What useless piece of advice do you intend to offer to the Governor, knowing that he is just the ceremonial chief security officer of the State? You are not privy to information on efforts of the State security council in curtailing the scourge. You are unaware if he is exchanging notes with Uduaghan and co, and if the Police is gathering intelligence. Given the enormosity of the challenge in combating the crime wave of kidnappings, you will admit that it takes time. You blame the Governor for the helplessness of the FG controlled Nigerian Police to nip it in the bud. Who does that if not an hypocrite? Edo is not a strife torn state as Borno, so you must not expect a reasonable Governor to arm and equip civilians.

I am sure Archbishop Kattey and the two Anambra monarchs kidnapped last month were not kidnapped in Edo, so why make it seem as if it is the birth place of kidnapping in Nigeria?

You now accuse the Governor of doing nothing, yet many of you maintained a conspiracy of silence when he accused the IGP and Police Force of bungling the murder investigation of Oyerinde.

1 Like

Re: Confused Governor Oshiomhole Looks On As Kidnappers Takeover Edo State by Olaolufred(m): 9:07pm On Sep 12, 2013
takeprofit: This is where i salute Gov. T.A. Orji. He did something about kidnapping in Abia state and today abia is free from kidnappers. i believe oshomole can learn from him.

Stop spewing out ignorance.
Only the FG that is blowing the flame of insecurity accross rivers and edo state can stop it at will. because it has the military and police in control.
As a refresher course, do you remember that military was sent to stop kidnapping in abia? It was the operation that led to the arrest osisikankwu.
While trying to paint the useless FG in good light, know that many nigerians have not sold their brain for penny like some are doing here.
Re: Confused Governor Oshiomhole Looks On As Kidnappers Takeover Edo State by takeprofit: 9:14pm On Sep 12, 2013
Olaolufred:

Only the FG that is blowing the flame of insecurity accross rivers and edo state can stop it at will. because it has the military and police in control.
As a refresher course, do you remember that military was sent to stop kidnapping in abia? It was the operation that led to the arrest osisikankwu.
While trying to paint the useless FG in good light, know that many nigerians have not sold their brain for penny like some are doing here.

FG sent the soldiers without any efforts from the governor?
FG granted the kidnappers amnesty and sent them to acquire useful skills?
Re: Confused Governor Oshiomhole Looks On As Kidnappers Takeover Edo State by Omexonomy: 9:24pm On Sep 12, 2013
He never for once blame it on the presidency.
takeprofit: This is where i salute Gov. T.A. Orji. He did something about kidnapping in Abia state and today abia is free from kidnappers. i believe oshomole can learn from him.
Re: Confused Governor Oshiomhole Looks On As Kidnappers Takeover Edo State by Kanwulia: 9:25pm On Sep 12, 2013
Trying to book my ticket to Nigeria. . .and this is what I found: angry
Can you imagine EDO state in the same category as ABIA and IMO states? grin
It is finished!

OKOROS NEED TO STOP MIGRATING O! Chai!!!! cry
Abi OKORO NOR DEY FOR 'WESTERN NIGERIA'? undecided
Not one single "WILD-WILD-WESTERN' state for dia? undecided

[b]

Travel Advisory: Security concerns
From the U. S. State Department:

The Department of State warns U.S. citizens of the risks of travel to Nigeria and recommends that U.S. citizens avoid all travel to Adamawa, Borno, and Yobe states because of the proclamation on May 14, 2013, by the government of the Federal Republic of Nigeria of States of Emergency in those three states. The ability of the Mission to provide assistance to U.S. citizens in those states remains severely limited. The

[size=20pt]Department also continues to recommend against all but essential travel to the following states due to the risk of kidnappings, robberies, and other armed attacks: Abia, Akwa Ibom, Bauchi, Bayelsa, Delta, Edo, Gombe, Imo, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi, Niger, Plateau, Rivers, Sokoto, and Zamfara. [/size]

The Department also warns against travel to the Gulf of Guinea because of the threat of piracy. Based on safety and security risk assessments, the Embassy maintains restrictions for travel by U.S. officials to all northern Nigerian states (in addition to those listed above); officials must receive advance clearance by the U.S. Mission for any travel deemed as mission-essential. U.S. citizens should be aware that extremists could expand their operations beyond northern Nigeria to the country's middle and southern states. ...

Current information on safety and security can also be obtained by calling 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada, or a regular toll line at-1-202-501-4444 for callers from other countries. These numbers are available from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays). You can also stay up to date by bookmarking our Bureau of Consular Affairs website, which contains the current Travel Warnings and Travel Alerts as well as the Worldwide Caution.[/b]
Re: Confused Governor Oshiomhole Looks On As Kidnappers Takeover Edo State by Omexonomy: 9:26pm On Sep 12, 2013
You are wrong most of those kidnappers are former okada riders who are without jobs.
Standing5: Sincere most of these kidnappers are oil theives cum kidnapper, who do u think is taking their oyel market considering the fact that oyel theft is on the high?
Re: Confused Governor Oshiomhole Looks On As Kidnappers Takeover Edo State by Omexonomy: 9:31pm On Sep 12, 2013
Oshiomole knew their was no job and he went ahead to ban okada. Did he seek aproval from gej.
Abu Mikey: We gats manage our state!!!

The state can't handle this alone actually,so I don't see any reason why we should be laying all blames on Oshiomole
Re: Confused Governor Oshiomhole Looks On As Kidnappers Takeover Edo State by Omexonomy: 9:36pm On Sep 12, 2013
take dat: The frequent occurrences of kidnap cases is a pointer to the Nation's poor security system. Kidnapping constitutes an embarrassment to the Nation and not just Edo State. What useless piece of advice do you intend to offer to the Governor, knowing that he is just the ceremonial chief security officer of the State? You are not privy to information on efforts of the State security council in curtailing the scourge. You are unaware if he is exchanging notes with Uduaghan and co, and if the Police is gathering intelligence. Given the enormosity of the challenge in combating the crime wave of kidnappings, you will admit that it takes time. You blame the Governor for the helplessness of the FG controlled Nigerian Police to nip it in the bud. Who does that if not an hypocrite? Edo is not a strife torn state as Borno, so you must not expect a reasonable Governor to arm and equip civilians.

You now accuse the Governor of doing nothing, yet many of you maintained a conspiracy of silence when he accused the IGP and Police Force of bungling the murder investigation of Oyerinde.
is their anything like security vote from that state? I guess oshio done use am smoke indian hemp finish.
Re: Confused Governor Oshiomhole Looks On As Kidnappers Takeover Edo State by atlwireles: 9:50pm On Sep 12, 2013
Olaolufred:

How about delta and Anambra. Are there no military men stationed in Edo state The gov must and should lead the way.
Re: Confused Governor Oshiomhole Looks On As Kidnappers Takeover Edo State by agbameta: 9:58pm On Sep 12, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: On the same day that Senior lawyer and activist, Mike Ozekhome was released from the den of kidnappers, another high profile kidnapping has been reported in Edo. A traditional ruler was abducted in Ovia South-West LGA. The traditional ruler, who is an in-law to the Monarch of Benin Kingdom, Oba Uku Akpolokpolo Erediauwa, was seized by four armed men at about 7.00p.m on Wednesday.

Is odeshuku your master not in charge of the Nigeria police and crime fighting in Nigeria?

What a senseless dullard as usual...
Re: Confused Governor Oshiomhole Looks On As Kidnappers Takeover Edo State by joeadex(m): 10:01pm On Sep 12, 2013
undecided
Re: Confused Governor Oshiomhole Looks On As Kidnappers Takeover Edo State by takedat(m): 10:12pm On Sep 12, 2013
Omexonomy: is their anything like security vote from that state? I guess oshio done use am smoke indian hemp finish.
Are you not the dealer that sells the indian hemp What a brainless m0ron!

"But the Edo State governor, Adams Oshiomhole, argued that even though the governors collect security vote, they should not be blamed for the security situation in Nigeria."

"I am sure that you understand that throwing money at a problem does not really mean that the problem will disappear,’’Oshiomhole argued."

"Explaining further, he said: ‘’The tools or the
institutions primarily responsible for security are
federal institutions. The army, police, state security services and lately the civil defense corps. All these are federal agencies. The management of our borders to know the people coming in falls under federal control."

"‘’For example, I have procured several vehicles,
communication gadgets, portability to man various out of town and within town checkpoints. These things were made available to the Nigeria Police. So, even if I give all the money in the coffers of the state government and I have no control over them, what difference can it make?"

"Here in Edo the traditional rulers have had to persuade us to give them vehicles to set up vigilantes’’.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/insecurty-what-has-the-security-votes-secured/
Re: Confused Governor Oshiomhole Looks On As Kidnappers Takeover Edo State by ProfOgogoro: 10:34pm On Sep 12, 2013
I remember how the PDP-Police in Edo State killed Oshiomole's secretary and till date nothing came out.

The Police in Edo state is in the hands of the PDP so I'm not surprised at all..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Emmanuel Ifeajuna: Commonwealth Games Gold To Facing A Firing Squad / N205/dollar, Nigerians Should Demand For Resignation Of CBN Governor. Updated / Gen Buhari Should Investigate CAN For Corruption Charges!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.