Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,903 members, 7,817,677 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

Mike Ozekhome's Abductors Were Graduates - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mike Ozekhome's Abductors Were Graduates (27395 Views)

Abia Election: Mike Ozekhome Faults Appeal Court Ruling / Mike Ozekhome Released? / Mike Ozekhome Kidnapped (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mike Ozekhome's Abductors Were Graduates by toptop: 9:31pm On Sep 12, 2013

Chief Mike Ozekhome (SAN), who regained his freedom on Thursday after three weeks of his abduction, has appealed to the Federal Government to grant amnesty to kidnappers in the country.

Ozekhome made the call on Thursday while recounting his ordeal to newsmen at his residence in Lagos, after he was released by his abductors on Thursday morning.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Ozekhome was abducted on Aug.23 at Ehor near Benin City in Edo.
Ozekhome said his son, Ilugbeka, and a lawyer in his chambers, Mr Dominic Ezerioha, were also abducted by the same kidnappers on Sept. 6, while negotiating for his release.

According to him, the kidnappers eventually released him and 12 others about 7 a.m. on Thursday.
The lawyer, however, said he was not aware if any ransom was paid to secure their freedom.
He said the security situation in the country was a national calamity which demanded urgent attention.

Ozekhome described his abductors as ”angry and desperate well-read graduates” who had a network of cells across the country.
He said during his interactions with them, they told him that they were pushed into kidnapping due to unemployment and poverty.

The human rights lawyer said he fell sick twice during his three-week ordeal, adding that his abductors brought a doctor who treated him for malaria and typhoid.

“As a matter of extreme urgency, I want the Federal Government to immediately grant amnesty to all kidnappers and institute an amnesty programme for all kidnappers.

“They told me that if they are given assurance that they will not be killed, they are ready to agree to the deal.”
He urged the government to declare a national state of emergency on youth unemployment and infrastructure decay.
Ozekhome appealed to the government not to neglect the families of the four policemen who were killed while trying to rescue him from his abductors.

“It was this morning that I was briefed that those gallant officers died while trying to rescue us from our abductors.
”Let me hereby call upon the Federal Government to set up a special foundation to cater for the welfare of the wives and children of these officers.”

He also urged the National Assembly to allow for state police in the ongoing amendment of the 1999 Constitution.
Ozekhome also called for the convocation of a national conference to address some of the problems bedevilling the country.

“As Nigerians, we need to sit down and renegotiate our existence as a country.
“We need to practice true federalism. We need to retool Nigeria.”

Ozekhome said the government should also tackle the problem of corruption in the country.
The human rights activist, while thanking Nigerians for their concern during his ordeal, debunked insinuations that his abduction was politically motivated.

“We were never profiled or targeted. It could have happened to anybody,” he said

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/ozekhome-my-abductors-were-angry-graduates/

2 Likes

Re: Mike Ozekhome's Abductors Were Graduates by yunglykmine(m): 9:38pm On Sep 12, 2013
SMH! "An idle mind is the devil's workshop". Get us employed, and Nigeria will know peace. But amnesty for criminality, i say No.

17 Likes

Re: Mike Ozekhome's Abductors Were Graduates by omaigala(m): 9:45pm On Sep 12, 2013
Amnesty isn't what we need, rather, give em jobs.

10 Likes

Re: Mike Ozekhome's Abductors Were Graduates by Licensed2Kill(m): 10:08pm On Sep 12, 2013
If only ds kidnappers know who they should be kidnapping. . .nigeria woulda been a better country

41 Likes

Re: Mike Ozekhome's Abductors Were Graduates by MayorofLagos(m): 11:31pm On Sep 12, 2013
For advocating amnesty for criminals, Ozekhome ought to be stripped of his SAN honor.

55 Likes

Re: Mike Ozekhome's Abductors Were Graduates by ProfOgogoro: 11:37pm On Sep 12, 2013
Amnesty for Kidnappers....

grin grin
Re: Mike Ozekhome's Abductors Were Graduates by Pataki: 11:43pm On Sep 12, 2013
Now am beginning to doubt, was this fella certainly kidnapped!

What an insane country, filled with insane people.

6 Likes

Re: Mike Ozekhome's Abductors Were Graduates by AnOlAd: 1:27am On Sep 13, 2013
Na wa ooo.... Amnesty for Kidnappers? this one na talk so? They must have threatened to get him back, or he is Delusional, what kind of Amnesty is that... Amnesty for Boko Haram, for every criminal... this is crazy menh...

1 Like

Re: Mike Ozekhome's Abductors Were Graduates by Nobody: 1:27am On Sep 13, 2013
Prof. Ogogoro:
Amnesty for Kidnappers....

grin grin

My brother help me ask ooo, so what should graduates like me who constantly strive to make an honest living do in Naija? No amnesty for us from all our hardwork and the bullcrap we take in the line of duty just doing honest and decent work to survive.

15 Likes

Re: Mike Ozekhome's Abductors Were Graduates by Nobody: 1:28am On Sep 13, 2013
?

2 Likes

Re: Mike Ozekhome's Abductors Were Graduates by lafuria1(m): 1:28am On Sep 13, 2013
amnesty to faceless kidnappers, seriously? well perhaps the effect of the kidnap had a big psychological effect on him.

3 Likes

Re: Mike Ozekhome's Abductors Were Graduates by SHAIBULIAR: 1:30am On Sep 13, 2013
Mayor_of_Lagos: For advocating amnesty for criminals, Ozekhome ought to be stripped of his SAN honor.
gbam,seconded

10 Likes

Re: Mike Ozekhome's Abductors Were Graduates by SHAIBULIAR: 1:31am On Sep 13, 2013
la furia: amnesty to faceless kidnappers, seriously? well perhaps the effect of the kidnap had a big psychological effect on him.
I think so too

2 Likes

Re: Mike Ozekhome's Abductors Were Graduates by SHAIBULIAR: 1:35am On Sep 13, 2013
Seun osewa and his mods should also be made to grant amnesty to all those they banned on NL and they all shoulder be compensated

2 Likes

Re: Mike Ozekhome's Abductors Were Graduates by tafabaloo(m): 1:37am On Sep 13, 2013
thank God he is back safely...

1 Like

Re: Mike Ozekhome's Abductors Were Graduates by ifyalways(f): 1:41am On Sep 13, 2013
Has he become a spokesman for kidnappers? I'm beginning to think this his so-called kidnap was "staged" .

4 Likes

Re: Mike Ozekhome's Abductors Were Graduates by Nobody: 1:41am On Sep 13, 2013
A Naija SAN calling for amnesty for kidnappers

Well u know why?.....Truly an...

END TIME THINGZ!!!

4 Likes

Re: Mike Ozekhome's Abductors Were Graduates by zerocool(m): 1:48am On Sep 13, 2013
Everybody should be granted amnesty in Nigeria jare.

1 Like

Re: Mike Ozekhome's Abductors Were Graduates by zeelo2014: 1:51am On Sep 13, 2013
Amnesty for kidnappers is no big deal anymore,If the government can actually beg Boko haram to accept the amnesty why not kidnappers too. Boko haram kill in mass for nothing. Niger Delta Millitants is a combination of killers + kidnappers. So? Nothing shocks me in this country.

7 Likes

Re: Mike Ozekhome's Abductors Were Graduates by Cholison(m): 1:58am On Sep 13, 2013
So sad, I am weeping oh

1 Like

Re: Mike Ozekhome's Abductors Were Graduates by Odunharry(m): 1:59am On Sep 13, 2013
Amnesty ko,arrest ni

1 Like

Re: Mike Ozekhome's Abductors Were Graduates by walex2bad(m): 2:03am On Sep 13, 2013
Soon nw, armed robberz, nd sex workers wuld b granted amnesty..

1 Like

Re: Mike Ozekhome's Abductors Were Graduates by YoshiMaster: 2:09am On Sep 13, 2013
Maybe he was threatened into saying they should be granted amnesty, who knows, they could have said they would kidnap somone close to him if he didn't.

I do not want to believe he said that out of his own free will.

4 Likes

Re: Mike Ozekhome's Abductors Were Graduates by Nobody: 2:16am On Sep 13, 2013
If you read between the lines, he must have been directed by his abductors to go on air and plea for jobs and amnesty for them. It's public relations strategy by the kidnappers. They are playing victim of circumstances and seeking sympathy from the public.

These are the same greedy good for nothing hoodlums that murdered four gallant policemen in the line of duty. There they are claiming unemployment yet have the guts to demand N100 million in exchange for a human being.

They are BEASTS, COWARDS, SCUM. And should be treated as such.

The Federal Govt should and must stop rewarding criminals

20 Likes

Re: Mike Ozekhome's Abductors Were Graduates by Ajibel(m): 2:24am On Sep 13, 2013
So he had to wait till he was kidnapped then released before realising there is unemployment in the land and making suggestions to fg Amunesty ko angry

5 Likes

Re: Mike Ozekhome's Abductors Were Graduates by Ayatullah(m): 2:37am On Sep 13, 2013

First and foremost I am happy a fellow human being regained his freedom, but I must quickly add that Ozekhome is a 'STUPIDO' and a Bloody Coward to be canvassing amnesty for Kidnappers. I am not too surprise though, because this is a man who will readily be the Devil's advocate after all he is Farouk Lawan Advocate. In a sane country, Kidnappers and Armed Robbers should be tied to the stake and publicly executed. May God bring sanity to Nigeria with Sane Leaders that we are presently lacking.

5 Likes

Re: Mike Ozekhome's Abductors Were Graduates by plaetton: 2:38am On Sep 13, 2013
This Ozekhome guy must be a complete m.oro.n.

How can an educated man talk so much trash?

A SAN?

No wonder there is a crisis of leadership in Nigeria.

4 policmen were killed trying to rescue you from kidnappers, and the best you can say to Nigerians is that the Federal Govt. should grant immediate amnesty to the killers ?. shocked

What about justice for the families of the slain policemen ?

What a very f...king selfish mo.ron.

On the other hand, maybe he is suffering from acute Stockholm Syndrome. undecided

12 Likes

Re: Mike Ozekhome's Abductors Were Graduates by atlwireles: 2:55am On Sep 13, 2013
Was this man truly kidnapped The story this man is telling makes no sense. The MO of most kidnapping in the Nigerdelta is almost opposite of what this guy is describing. I hope the security service grill this man. I just have a bad feeling about his story.
Re: Mike Ozekhome's Abductors Were Graduates by donfemox(m): 2:55am On Sep 13, 2013
A revolution is imminent.
Re: Mike Ozekhome's Abductors Were Graduates by Nobody: 3:04am On Sep 13, 2013
Mayor_of_Lagos: For advocating amnesty for criminals, Ozekhome ought to be stripped of his SAN honor.
Is dat all you got 2 say?
Re: Mike Ozekhome's Abductors Were Graduates by Nobody: 3:09am On Sep 13, 2013
FG should rather declare state of emergency on Mike Ozekhome's dilapidated psychological condition.nonsensssssse undecided

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ademola Adeleke Visits Oyinlola, Former Osun Governor / How High-wire Politics Scuttled El-rufai’s Cabinet Confirmation / Idongest Idiok Remanded For Calling Governor Emmanuel 'Sex Maniac'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.