Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,594 members, 7,955,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:04 PM

FG To Finally Liquidate PHCN With Imminent Declaration Of TEM - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Finally Liquidate PHCN With Imminent Declaration Of TEM (10290 Views)

Lets Rate PHCN With Their Current Power Supply / CBN May Liquidate Some of These Banks By September: What To Do? / Comandclem To Liquidate Mobil Oil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG To Finally Liquidate PHCN With Imminent Declaration Of TEM by KOMBE: 8:12am On Sep 13, 2013
FG to Finally Liquidate PHCN with Imminent Declaration of TEM

The federal government has said its final liquidation of the Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) will be achieved with its imminent declaration of the Transitional Electricity Market (TEM) in the next couple of weeks.

It said PHCN has functionally seized to exist, following the privatisation of its successor generation and distribution companies, but will finally go into extinction when TEM is declared based on the anticipated advice of the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC).

Also, the Power Committees of the National Assembly have said they would invite the various preferred bidders of PHCN successor companies to a parley to discuss their plans on the expansion and sustenance of their acquired assets.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/

http://www.thisdayonline.com/

Nigerians gave the name Never Expect Power Always to the acronym NEPA and Please Hold your Candle Nigerians to PHCN. Now that the name is being changed to TEM, please what should Nigerians call them.[color=#990000][/color]
Re: FG To Finally Liquidate PHCN With Imminent Declaration Of TEM by Extom(m): 8:23am On Sep 13, 2013
Let's hope this changes the epileptic power situation in this country...

1 Like

Re: FG To Finally Liquidate PHCN With Imminent Declaration Of TEM by Louis007: 8:56am On Sep 13, 2013
One Of The Best Ting GEJ did so far! The Power sector!!! I experience 18-20hrs electricity everyday! But whenever their is fault, it takes them like 1week or more to repair! Which means one week of total darkness! grin

Fresh Air!!!!

1 Like

Re: FG To Finally Liquidate PHCN With Imminent Declaration Of TEM by Ariyke: 8:57am On Sep 13, 2013
All we want is light

1 Like

Re: FG To Finally Liquidate PHCN With Imminent Declaration Of TEM by AK481(m): 8:57am On Sep 13, 2013
the epileptic moves-on

2 Likes

Re: FG To Finally Liquidate PHCN With Imminent Declaration Of TEM by kevoh(m): 8:58am On Sep 13, 2013
Only news I want to hear now is ''Nigeria celebrates 1 year of 24 hrs uninterrupted power supply'' any other news concerning electricity count me out.

4 Likes

Re: FG To Finally Liquidate PHCN With Imminent Declaration Of TEM by Sojebrand(m): 8:59am On Sep 13, 2013
hope the new one will do better than past ONE

1 Like

Re: FG To Finally Liquidate PHCN With Imminent Declaration Of TEM by Nobody: 8:59am On Sep 13, 2013
TEM -- THE END ...............
Re: FG To Finally Liquidate PHCN With Imminent Declaration Of TEM by Nairaplus(m): 9:00am On Sep 13, 2013
Hmmm! TEM. Let me see...
Re: FG To Finally Liquidate PHCN With Imminent Declaration Of TEM by leunamme93(m): 9:00am On Sep 13, 2013
So there is no point paying the bill they brought on tuesday.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Finally Liquidate PHCN With Imminent Declaration Of TEM by daywatcher: 9:01am On Sep 13, 2013
and yet most if not all of the successor companies does not have a website for us that want to find out more about them, I will take this with a pinch of salt jare
Re: FG To Finally Liquidate PHCN With Imminent Declaration Of TEM by Fazhy: 9:02am On Sep 13, 2013
Extom: Let's hope this changes the epileptic power situation in this country...

let's pray.

Re: FG To Finally Liquidate PHCN With Imminent Declaration Of TEM by Chanchit: 9:04am On Sep 13, 2013
If you like change it to EFCC, so far it does not disturb my free light that I'm enjoying now.

Prepaid is the best...!
God punish devil.
Re: FG To Finally Liquidate PHCN With Imminent Declaration Of TEM by leunamme93(m): 9:04am On Sep 13, 2013
kevoh: Only news I want to hear now is ''Nigeria celebrates 1 year of 24 hrs uninterrupted power supply'' any other news concerning electricity count me out.

Am sure you'll also hear this "NIGERIA HAS THE NUMBER OF HOUSES THAT CAUGHT FIRE DUE TO BAD WIRES, SUBSTANTIAL WIRES, INEXPERIENCED ELECTRICIANS..ETC" except it is E.T.T we can't have power 24 hours a day. I rest my case and goes to the backward with my 2 liters of fuel with my small tiger gen, starts it and suprisely it refuses to start goes back inside with HOPE that they will bring the light.

1 Like

Re: FG To Finally Liquidate PHCN With Imminent Declaration Of TEM by leunamme93(m): 9:05am On Sep 13, 2013
Chanchit: If you like change it to EFCC, so far it does not disturb my free light that I'm enjoying now.
the sun u mean?

1 Like

Re: FG To Finally Liquidate PHCN With Imminent Declaration Of TEM by Olugbenger(m): 9:05am On Sep 13, 2013
just give us constant power
not fresh air!
Re: FG To Finally Liquidate PHCN With Imminent Declaration Of TEM by daylae(m): 9:05am On Sep 13, 2013
little wonder the phcn guys are becoming excessively aggressive these days. just hope we finally enjoy a little bit of sanity and stability now.

1 Like

Re: FG To Finally Liquidate PHCN With Imminent Declaration Of TEM by joebeckz(m): 9:07am On Sep 13, 2013
Now d signs of ETT is becomin a reality.while I was growin up,de said durin d end time, der wud b 3 days darkness. Dis 1 wey de wan declare TEM. Ok na.

1 Like

Re: FG To Finally Liquidate PHCN With Imminent Declaration Of TEM by ojimbo(m): 9:09am On Sep 13, 2013
Who was the person or group of individual that bought it, and we were not told how much they bought it, i hope its not what am thinking ooooo,
Re: FG To Finally Liquidate PHCN With Imminent Declaration Of TEM by Kezifils(m): 9:10am On Sep 13, 2013
Just like OMO, MAGGI, INDOMIE, SHELTOX etc remain the original name associate wit d various products, NEPA will always be known as NEPA no matter who buys it or not.

UP NEPA!!!

2 Likes

Re: FG To Finally Liquidate PHCN With Imminent Declaration Of TEM by ogemacndu(m): 9:11am On Sep 13, 2013
So the emerging TEM should be needing staff or have they recruited already?

2 Likes

Re: FG To Finally Liquidate PHCN With Imminent Declaration Of TEM by femtoj2: 9:13am On Sep 13, 2013
Dont worry!. Our new baby shall be called, "'Take Electricity More"" "'TEM"' Congratulation!!!. Ayo a kari o.Olorun a ba wa o.

6 Likes

Re: FG To Finally Liquidate PHCN With Imminent Declaration Of TEM by toyfat: 9:14am On Sep 13, 2013
No matter wat the change of name is..NEPA still takes the praise wen power is up.
Re: FG To Finally Liquidate PHCN With Imminent Declaration Of TEM by Burger01(m): 9:17am On Sep 13, 2013
Our electricity is now marketing venture. Well, all I need is constant power supply. Marketing or power holding I bother less.

smiley
Re: FG To Finally Liquidate PHCN With Imminent Declaration Of TEM by dridowu: 9:17am On Sep 13, 2013
What we need is LIGHT 4 24/7, they can do whatever they like with PHCN
Re: FG To Finally Liquidate PHCN With Imminent Declaration Of TEM by Chanchit: 9:17am On Sep 13, 2013
leunamme93: the sun u mean?

Sun kwa..!? Electricity to badt, so far light dey.
Re: FG To Finally Liquidate PHCN With Imminent Declaration Of TEM by kingarizona(m): 9:19am On Sep 13, 2013
Hmmmmm.... Here they come again cheesycheesycheesy

TEM - The End time Missionaries gringringrin

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

LAST - BOMB - Hope the change of name will change the supply of power in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: FG To Finally Liquidate PHCN With Imminent Declaration Of TEM by leunamme93(m): 9:22am On Sep 13, 2013
Chanchit:

Sun kwa..!? Electricity to badt, so far light dey.
wr is dat?
Re: FG To Finally Liquidate PHCN With Imminent Declaration Of TEM by Nobody: 9:24am On Sep 13, 2013
Well what can i say but

END-TIME-TINS cheesy
Re: FG To Finally Liquidate PHCN With Imminent Declaration Of TEM by Agimor(m): 9:28am On Sep 13, 2013
All we are agitating for is constant power supply.
Re: FG To Finally Liquidate PHCN With Imminent Declaration Of TEM by MrAboki: 9:31am On Sep 13, 2013
I knew that this South-South man would one day make us proud.. grin

I just hope he divorves that shepopotamus of his before his next tenure commences.. Shes responsible for 30% of the problems his administration suffered in this first tenure..
Re: FG To Finally Liquidate PHCN With Imminent Declaration Of TEM by tayork(m): 9:37am On Sep 13, 2013
ΒΆ can see we moving forward bt still UP APC, Nigeria ko ni su waa

(1) (2) (Reply)

Russia Braces Up For A Third World War(photos) / "I Am Not A Kingmaker" - President Buhari / Ganduje And Emir Sanusi At Eid Prayer This Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.