Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,873 members, 7,828,112 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

Halleluyah: Mikel Obi Joins Chelsea! - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Halleluyah: Mikel Obi Joins Chelsea! (5770 Views)

Mikel Obi Joins Super Eagles Team To Train In Belgium Ahead Of Friendlies.photos / Official: Loic Remy Joins Chelsea(pics) / Official :costa Joins Chelsea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Halleluyah: Mikel Obi Joins Chelsea! by Badman888(m): 3:56pm On Jun 03, 2006
yah of course Ballack and shevi na d Oga's
Re: Halleluyah: Mikel Obi Joins Chelsea! by under18(f): 4:01pm On Jun 03, 2006
Now people start hating Kalou and drogba. Is it because they are from the coast?
Not fair oo. dey talk dey hed full jealous bad bele go fin aabi
Re: Halleluyah: Mikel Obi Joins Chelsea! by spikelord(m): 4:03pm On Jun 03, 2006
Yes, but if My Jose wants to apply any 4-5-1 FORMATION.

Let me make it clear to you that if Mikel doesn't start the match, he's going to be the first substitute!
Re: Halleluyah: Mikel Obi Joins Chelsea! by bolex(m): 4:14pm On Jun 03, 2006
yep

his dream has come true
Re: Halleluyah: Mikel Obi Joins Chelsea! by yeepa(m): 5:37pm On Jun 03, 2006
Everybody knows he is not going to command a first team shirt but he might be used in special matches, like tough matches where the pattern of the game has to change to secure a win. I wish him the best
Re: Halleluyah: Mikel Obi Joins Chelsea! by spikelord(m): 6:37pm On Jun 03, 2006
Yes, you are right man.

Like Barcelona using Belleti when they were one goal down to the Gunners
Re: Halleluyah: Mikel Obi Joins Chelsea! by sly4yall(m): 6:47pm On Jun 03, 2006
i think we should all be happy
regardless of what team u support or what colour u wear
whether u are a saint,baggie,trotter,devil,gunner,galactico,toffee,spur,rosonerri,bianconeri,nerazzuri or Elephant of Aba
the future of the Super Eagles,(believe it or not) rests on the young but competent shoulders of John Obi Mikel (J.O.M) !!!!!
for those of you who think he has made a suicidal career move,i would like to say that i TOTALLY disagree
even if he sits on the Chelsea bench(which i srongly doubt he will),the experience he will get from training and sparring with the likes of Makalele,Lampard,Ballack,Sheva,Essien will be invaluable to his career
just imagine how much he will learn from Mourinho every training session
remember JAY JAY OKOCHA?  he never played for any "BIG CLUB" in all his career but we all saw the highly evident maturity in his game when he moved around a bit in some european clubs !
can u compare the OKOCHA of 1994 world cup qualifiers,who laughed after each wide shot at goal and the OKOCHA of world cup 1998,who nearly cried after each agonizingly close missed shot(esp against Denmark)
note the graduation from wide shots at goal to agonizingly close !
note the difference in attitude and outlook
NOW compare that OKOCHA with the OKOCHA of the 2004 nations cup who carted away almost all the individual awards and made keepers pee at every freekick !
whatever happens to J.O.M at CHELSEA.the most important things cannot be ignored--------no NIGERIAN has played for a bigger club than that !,
the experience and technical awareness he will acquire at CHELSEA will be great assets to him, and the EAGLES,
AND the boy will get PAID !!!!!!!!!!
after a few months at STAMFORD,we will see a new,better J.O.M,regular or not !
by the way,who says he cant fight for and WIN a first team shirt !
if Messi can,surely,J.O.M can !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
whatever the case,i wish the new soldier in ROMAN'S ARMY all the best

the colour is BLUE   !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Halleluyah: Mikel Obi Joins Chelsea! by zebudaya(m): 7:02pm On Jun 03, 2006
@sly4yall you said no nigerian has ever played for a bigger team i disagree kanu played for ajax, and they won the champions league in 94, he then moved to inter millan

I think mikel made a mistake he's going to be on the bench mourinho signed ballack, kalou fadiga, simon kalou shevschenko he already has a good midfield comprising of wright phillips, cole, lampard etc
The only way i see mikel playing is if he benches essien.
anyways i wish him goodluck
Re: Halleluyah: Mikel Obi Joins Chelsea! by Greatpeter(m): 7:12pm On Jun 03, 2006
Sly4all you're great.
Tell them more.
Good work.
Keep it up!
Re: Halleluyah: Mikel Obi Joins Chelsea! by sly4yall(m): 7:26pm On Jun 03, 2006
ZEBUDAYA !!!!!!!
i agree with you a bit about that AJAX comment
i guess KANU has played for a bigger club but even AJAX did not have the FIREPOWER and MONEYPOWER that this CHELSEA side has
i am Proud that a NIGERIAN is part of the revolution going on at CHELSEA !!!
by the way,i want to correct you too, the KALOU that Mourinho signed is not FADIGA,
it is SALOMON KALOU, the IVORIEN who wanted to play for HOLLAND
please take correction
thanks !
Re: Halleluyah: Mikel Obi Joins Chelsea! by sly4yall(m): 7:29pm On Jun 03, 2006
GREATPETER,
thanks for the sweet remark
im only doing what comes naturally !!!!!!!!!!!!
THE COLOUR IS STILL BLUE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Halleluyah: Mikel Obi Joins Chelsea! by zebudaya(m): 8:32pm On Jun 03, 2006
sly4yall true it was simon kalou, got mixed up with kalou fadiga, i guess they want to win the champions league thats why they are buying up players. hope chelsea doesn't make the real madrid mistake I can't wait for next season to start.

i love chelsea it's the black man's team!
Re: Halleluyah: Mikel Obi Joins Chelsea! by gr8t(m): 8:38pm On Jun 03, 2006
I think Mikel's star will shine shine in Chelsea because he will be fulfilling his dream
Re: Halleluyah: Mikel Obi Joins Chelsea! by bami(m): 9:01pm On Jun 03, 2006
mikel is finished just like swp. for the love of money, ask me why because man utd were the only interested team and the when chelsea came along the rest is history e.g arjen robben, essien, duff, cole, etc. they were all man u targets
Re: Halleluyah: Mikel Obi Joins Chelsea! by Badman888(m): 9:02pm On Jun 03, 2006
that is the strategy for them to win, their day of redemption would come 10yrs 20yrs one day it would come
Re: Halleluyah: Mikel Obi Joins Chelsea! by twinstaiye(m): 9:26pm On Jun 03, 2006
Am happy for mikel, let us respect his decisions, he knew better than us 2 want to sign 4 chelsea at all cost. The most important is how he will improve his game after all this, so that he wont be a flop. As 4 his chance in the star studed team, they can loan him 2 other club where he can play regularly. I hear psv is his destination
Re: Halleluyah: Mikel Obi Joins Chelsea! by Jackal(m): 9:32pm On Jun 03, 2006
@ Bami,
I disagree with u on Mikel Obi as much as i am a Man Utd fan.
Mikel's interests lie at Stamford Bridge. He is equally aware of the competition he will get at Chelsea FC but he is daring everyone and wants to prove himself.
What will happen to Mikel if he joins Man Utd and he doesn't perform to our expectations?
This is about what he wants and only Mikel can know the best for himself, not U and I(the fans)
The scenario can be compared to a Dad who wants his kid to study MEDICINE and the child thinks LAW is his best option despite studying sciences at his high school.
If the father forces this kid to study Medicine then failure will definitely loom.

Let us all join hands as Nigerians and support the morale of this wonder-kid.
Messi is also a teenager and he has found space in a star-studded team like Barcelona. Why can't Mikel achieve the same feat?
If Messi was a Nigerian the same reaction would have been generated that he will likely rot on the bench.
It is now a norm for every big club to acquire whiz-kids as an icon.
Arsenal has Theo Walcott.
United has Wayne Rooney
Barca has Lionel Messi
Chelsea has found Mikel.
Re: Halleluyah: Mikel Obi Joins Chelsea! by mickyarams: 5:14am On Jun 04, 2006
You guys should remember that chelsea paid 21million for shawn wright phillips and he was left on the bench most times last season,and you guys also know that costed him going to the world cup for England.Mikel has to fight for a place that ballack,Essien,lampard and joe cole also play.If he is really a good player,his skills and talent will surely find him a fist place.
Re: Halleluyah: Mikel Obi Joins Chelsea! by spikelord(m): 7:32am On Jun 04, 2006
well said sly4all, the guy can bench anybody regardless of whom it is!
Re: Halleluyah: Mikel Obi Joins Chelsea! by Greatpeter(m): 7:55am On Jun 04, 2006
Chelsea caught gold!

Re: Halleluyah: Mikel Obi Joins Chelsea! by spikelord(m): 7:59am On Jun 04, 2006
Good shot jare!
Re: Halleluyah: Mikel Obi Joins Chelsea! by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:15am On Jun 04, 2006
I see anotehr Anelka in over the horizon, fading away unfortunately,

Mikel cannot possibly hope to see the grass more than 5 times each season, before he is loaned off to a Quatari club, then off to the JLeague or worse, back in Nigeria for Kogi United
Re: Halleluyah: Mikel Obi Joins Chelsea! by epetoke(m): 11:53am On Jun 04, 2006
I agree with many others on this thread that Mikel could find that his time at Chelsea may be more of a spectator than a player. Jose Maurihno is a man with very little patience and is also under extreme amounts of pressure to produce results, if Mikel doesn't win over the very demanding chelsea fans very quickly he will be overlooked for first team selection.

I think Mikel should have gone to a club that actually needs a young man with his talent. Abramovich's chelsea are notorious for killing talented players off.
Re: Halleluyah: Mikel Obi Joins Chelsea! by spikelord(m): 12:37pm On Jun 04, 2006
I don't agree with you both honestly!

You are just underrating. He still got many years ahead of him to move on with his career. He's under 20 and he can still be something!

So stop underrating the guy!
Re: Halleluyah: Mikel Obi Joins Chelsea! by Chxta(m): 5:16pm On Jun 04, 2006
@ sly4yall

Kanu and Finidi played for Ajax
Kanu played for Inter
Oliseh played for Juventus
Oliseh played for Dortmund
Amuneke and Okunowo played for Barcelona
West played for Inter and Milan

these are all clubs that have won the European Cup. Chelsea hasn't won one, and you say there is no bigger club than them?

Give me a break,
Re: Halleluyah: Mikel Obi Joins Chelsea! by Greatpeter(m): 6:16pm On Jun 04, 2006
lagerwhenindoubt:

I see anotehr Anelka in over the horizon, fading away unfortunately,

Mikel cannot possibly hope to see the grass more than 5 times each season, before he is loaned off to a Quatari club, then off to the JLeague or worse, back in Nigeria for Kogi United

Your thoughts over this talented guy will not come to pass.

You see? A fellow black man pulling down his fellow man only in this continent.

See Wallcort and Rooney how the press market and promote them.
But Africa ha! we are black with black "belle"
Re: Halleluyah: Mikel Obi Joins Chelsea! by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 12:39am On Jun 05, 2006
tehehe  grin it is typical african mentality, if we no critisize ourself before we chop banana, the white man will call us monkeys and we will concur.

If we no yab the guy, you go hear am for BBC typical british-style. "It would seem, the promising star of the under 17 world cup has not found his feet in chelsea's mdi-field, What on earth was he thinking" after which our local commentators at Brilla FM will promptly concur
Re: Halleluyah: Mikel Obi Joins Chelsea! by menike(m): 1:51am On Jun 05, 2006
I have no idea where Mikel wud play but I think Mourinho might play like this

Cech
Ferreira Horno

Carvalho Terry

Ballack/ Mikel/ Robben/Duff/ Cole
Duff/ Wright Mikel

Essien/Makhalele Lampard

Crespo Drogba

That maybe when they play 4-4-2 but Mikel might no play all time as we know
Re: Halleluyah: Mikel Obi Joins Chelsea! by spikelord(m): 8:32am On Jun 05, 2006
Hey Menike, It's only Shevy upfront. Crespo and Drogba are on their way outta the bridge.

Mikel cannot play from the flank cuz of his lack of pace but ability to hold the ball can only and only be needed when playing as a central midfielder.

He's got a lot of chances.
Re: Halleluyah: Mikel Obi Joins Chelsea! by nobody2: 10:37am On Jun 05, 2006
for those u who believe nothing good can come out of babylon, its high time u have a rethink.
Lionel Messi is a wonder boy in Barcelona and it is the same lionel messi that dragged the best player award in holland's (world youth championship)
we have to live up to the test of time.
the young man has finally signed a deal with chelsea and it is left for God to conclude the work which he has started in the young man.
i wish i have the opportunity to sign a deal with chelsea and then let them keep me in the dressing room not even on bench.
history will have it as the first nigeria to sign chelsea under the ownership of the money man.
what is football? a game of money making and history making. if u don't accept this, then look at Beckham. does he play better than who? yet he is the most popular footballerv and if not the most expensive footballer and whatever.
for you mikel, that same God who has brought you to this stage will surely lead u to next stage.
we have to remember our able coach(eguavon) wanted to drop the wonder boy but his inclussion in his first match was a change that we will always talk about in egypt 2006. he was honoured in that tournament by caf and our coach argued that. if i may ask, what has my young man done wrong to nigerians. how can a lame man come out to say that mikel will play nothing when two of the most rated coaches and clubs are saying he can do something.
Lyn had a game they played and man u has benefitted imensely buying a player 4m last yr and making 12m out of him.
please let us give God the glory as mikel is a miracle boy.
may i use this opportunity to annouce to all and sundry that i am signing with mikel so an chelsea fan
Re: Halleluyah: Mikel Obi Joins Chelsea! by Akolawole(m): 11:03am On Jun 05, 2006
Thanks CrisChidi

Wonderful comment.
Re: Halleluyah: Mikel Obi Joins Chelsea! by Modups1(f): 11:25am On Jun 05, 2006
hope this young man will not end up being benched in dis club undecided
after all d song and dance hope he'll b given d chance to prove himself

go mikel, we r behind u!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Zlatan Ibrahimovic Tattooed Names Of 50 Starving People On His Body / U17 African Nations Cup Thread (all About 2013 U17 Nations Cup) / 2 Odd Football Investment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.