Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,115 members, 7,818,324 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:43 PM

Halleluyah: Mikel Obi Joins Chelsea! - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Halleluyah: Mikel Obi Joins Chelsea! (5765 Views)

Mikel Obi Joins Super Eagles Team To Train In Belgium Ahead Of Friendlies.photos / Official: Loic Remy Joins Chelsea(pics) / Official :costa Joins Chelsea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Halleluyah: Mikel Obi Joins Chelsea! by spikelord(m): 1:25pm On Jun 05, 2006
Yes ooooooo, I'm behind the boy!

Mo wa leyin e bi ike!
Re: Halleluyah: Mikel Obi Joins Chelsea! by spikelord(m): 1:28pm On Jun 05, 2006
Mikel will drag me to being a minor fan of the Blues but I am still a Gunner for life!
Re: Halleluyah: Mikel Obi Joins Chelsea! by menike(m): 6:45pm On Jun 05, 2006
@Spikelord (Sup Gunner wink)

That's if Mourinho will play Mikel but I just have a great feelin' that he might
be used mostly in the wing as cover for Duff,Robben (U kno they get sometimes injured easily) . But Shevy, I doubt could play Upfront alone becos his used to
having a in-and out striker behind him. That was a problem wit Crespo last season,
Drogba needed some backup tricks last season also (U remember ?) .

Sincerely, Chelski or Chelsea I don't know but they somehow look like an "Unbalanced team" that's just the Truth even if Mikel is played in the wing, Centre, Attack or even Defense. So I'll say Go Gunners .
Re: Halleluyah: Mikel Obi Joins Chelsea! by spikelord(m): 7:57pm On Jun 05, 2006
But I think Mikel wouldn't play well as a winger. Joe Cole plays from the wing better!
Re: Halleluyah: Mikel Obi Joins Chelsea! by lalaboi(m): 9:52pm On Jun 05, 2006
Nigerians kai!
So we cant support a team because diers no nigerian der. O mase o.
Re: Halleluyah: Mikel Obi Joins Chelsea! by nightrider: 9:13am On Jun 06, 2006
i might just find myself supporting Chelsea if John Mikel is on the field. I'm in a very serious situation. I just pray he can up his game and that Chelsea will not kill him off. God help John Mikel Obi.
Re: Halleluyah: Mikel Obi Joins Chelsea! by nuggard(m): 9:45am On Jun 06, 2006
Mikel will be the most regular player at the stadium.

His arse will be frozen in the stands.

@greatpeter,why are you crying about not supporting a black man and all that?
I don't support his move, I can't change it so what.

Nobody underates him, if he wasn't good neither Man U nor Chelsea would want him,this pretense of being more Nigerian than others is sickening.
Re: Halleluyah: Mikel Obi Joins Chelsea! by spikelord(m): 11:05am On Jun 06, 2006
I don't know why people are still passing comments over this!

Let the game start and we shall see what Jose planned for him!
Re: Halleluyah: Mikel Obi Joins Chelsea! by bami(m): 4:20pm On Jun 06, 2006
well the only luck he has is that even if he does not play for chelsea in the three or four years No Future Ambition(NFA) would still select him for the world cup if we qualify.
Re: Halleluyah: Mikel Obi Joins Chelsea! by gr8t(m): 4:49pm On Jun 06, 2006
I think you are wrong to assume that becuase man United has got no mid fielder Mikel should have stayed there.
He is living in his long term dream, which will gear his aspiration to win a regular shirt, it however may not happen in one season, but remember he is only 19 and can meet up with you espected soonest. the might dinho was on the bench for some time before his star begin to shine and chelsea might not be the final bus stop for the boy. But the is the best time for him to be in cheasea and this will have a proportionate effect on the super eagle for good.
Re: Halleluyah: Mikel Obi Joins Chelsea! by spikelord(m): 8:29pm On Jun 06, 2006
They are just underrating the lad. Let's wait and see.
Re: Halleluyah: Mikel Obi Joins Chelsea! by menike(m): 4:00am On Jun 07, 2006
I believe he will be good but I can't compare his success (Commander of the Middle)to Fabregas (I guess that's a fact) But ONES AGAIN MIKELĀ  GOOD LUCK WIT CHELSKI

LOLLOLLOL grin grin grin
Anybody,Somebody If U leave in England
And see that Boy Mikel , Tell him I said
He should'nt score againstĀ  Arsenal anytime
They clash - Unless the N.Team Coach of
Nigeria would not play him .( grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin )

GO GUNNERS
Re: Halleluyah: Mikel Obi Joins Chelsea! by spikelord(m): 7:40am On Jun 07, 2006
Yes Oo jare Menike! Pass the message
Re: Halleluyah: Mikel Obi Joins Chelsea! by Greatpeter(m): 9:31am On Jun 07, 2006
Re: Halleluyah: Mikel Obi Joins Chelsea! by Greatpeter(m): 9:32am On Jun 07, 2006
Re: Halleluyah: Mikel Obi Joins Chelsea! by Akolawole(m): 9:39am On Jun 07, 2006
@Menike

So Febregas is commander of the middle. Na wa o.
Re: Halleluyah: Mikel Obi Joins Chelsea! by Metroman(m): 11:24am On Jun 07, 2006
It is unfortunate that Mikel may likely end up like Shawn-Wright Philips thanks to his move to Chelsea.
Re: Halleluyah: Mikel Obi Joins Chelsea! by Grizzly(m): 1:01pm On Jun 07, 2006
Metroman, is that a curse or a prayer or whut, ? undecided
well,
and for y'all gunners itching to support chelsea cos of mikel, thats so sick,, angry angry angry
I never dreamt of supporting Arsenal while Veteran Kanu was with them, just couldnt bring myself to do that, we got enough support already. Save urs for the Gunners, cos they'll need it,
Problems have come to stay, shocked shocked shocked shocked tongue tongue cool
Re: Halleluyah: Mikel Obi Joins Chelsea! by Akolawole(m): 5:57pm On Jun 07, 2006
@Everyone

Can you please check my comment out in third eye view of the wonderkid: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-14658.0.html
Re: Halleluyah: Mikel Obi Joins Chelsea! by spikelord(m): 9:33am On Jun 08, 2006
I believe the guy will pick a spot in that first team !
Re: Halleluyah: Mikel Obi Joins Chelsea! by dokey2g(m): 10:34pm On Jun 08, 2006
l wonder where in the field mikel will play

we saw what happened to SWP !!!!!!!!

l don't see him winning a first team shirt or even on the bench

may the bench or reserve team not be his portion !!!!!!!!!

God help mikel oooooooooooooooo
Re: Halleluyah: Mikel Obi Joins Chelsea! by Alexos(m): 6:16pm On Jun 09, 2006
i am really happy for the dude man
Re: Halleluyah: Mikel Obi Joins Chelsea! by spikelord(m): 9:28pm On Jun 09, 2006
Let's wait and see what's going to happen!
Re: Halleluyah: Mikel Obi Joins Chelsea! by tipsy289(m): 7:08pm On Jun 10, 2006
Good for Mikel, The prob is how often will he be playn cos he cant be on 1st team.
Re: Halleluyah: Mikel Obi Joins Chelsea! by spikelord(m): 7:24pm On Jun 10, 2006
His work is going to do the thang for him. He can be in the first team if he wants to!
Re: Halleluyah: Mikel Obi Joins Chelsea! by Amobi1(m): 5:46am On Jun 13, 2006
cheesy cheesy cheesy u guys r choking me. what a stupid move he made, do you see how many Mid fielders chelsea just bought? It takes more than talent to be a star in soccer. Nigeria stars needs to get their rubbish together. They're starting to think just like their mother "England" too many stars but can't do rubbish.
Re: Halleluyah: Mikel Obi Joins Chelsea! by seeker(m): 11:30am On Jun 13, 2006
I hope the "foolish boy" gets loaned out. At least that way he'll start to play regularly. Maybe in 3 yrs he'll be ready for Mourinho's 1st team.
Re: Halleluyah: Mikel Obi Joins Chelsea! by menike(m): 11:14pm On Jun 13, 2006
seeker:

I hope the "foolish boy" gets loaned out. At least that way he'll start to play regularly. Maybe in 3 years he'll be ready for Mourinho's 1st team.

I kno I'm not Mikel but I feel U are the "Foolish Idiotic Seeker". Why not U seek what's been holdin' U back for long?

Why do U even have to call a hardworkin' man foolish? Damn I think U need a dictionary.
Re: Halleluyah: Mikel Obi Joins Chelsea! by Akolawole(m): 11:26pm On Jun 13, 2006
Re: Halleluyah: Mikel Obi Joins Chelsea! by seeker(m): 8:37am On Jun 14, 2006
My friend are you telling me it isn't possible to be hardworking and foolish. I still think this decision is foolish. You need more than a dictionary. Besides I mean the guy well, thats why I pray he gets loaned out. He doesnt' have a prayer in that Chelsea midfield as it stands now. Simple.
Re: Halleluyah: Mikel Obi Joins Chelsea! by gr8t(m): 5:15pm On Jun 17, 2006
I think it is very worng for you to assume and over assume that Mikel's decision is wrong to be in Chelsea.
Assumption is the lowest level of knowledge.
You are on your own corner thinking a big coack like that just decided to pay so much money just for him to at the end of the day loan the player out.
There is something in Mikel that made the best clubs in England want him at all cost.
Don't fight over the issue, just stay cool and watch the next season.
I saw the guy recently and I;m sure we are all in for a big surprise.
The only thing is that don't over assume you know the wing he is going to play.
Re: Halleluyah: Mikel Obi Joins Chelsea! by akinwunmi(m): 8:11pm On Jun 17, 2006
Believe you me its very wrong and not the right club for him, Who is he gonna bench, ESSIEN, hell noooooooooooooo tht aint possible. am not saying his not gonna feature in matches, he will ok probably unity cup or training pitch.The guy is after fame and not name. am sorry to say this ok SHITTU is a S, t head the guy is f.k greedy, Soccer is no more about fame but name. How many people discuss about money when you talk about the likes of Ronaldinho.Messi,Rooney,Lampard etc you only dicuss there potentials and not there pay. so when i say Obi go chop OBI(k.nut) for bench its not a curse. Players go to clubs where they r really needed and not where they need. I wish Obi could change course but its too late. I pray what i am thinking doesn't happen to him 'cos his a good lad.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sure Football Betting Predictions For All 10 Matches In All Major Leagues / Olympic Qualifier: Falcons Beat Algeria 3-0 / Keshi Picks Youth Corper For Super Eagles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.