Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,028 members, 7,828,607 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

Halleluyah: Mikel Obi Joins Chelsea! - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Halleluyah: Mikel Obi Joins Chelsea! (5771 Views)

Mikel Obi Joins Super Eagles Team To Train In Belgium Ahead Of Friendlies.photos / Official: Loic Remy Joins Chelsea(pics) / Official :costa Joins Chelsea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Halleluyah: Mikel Obi Joins Chelsea! by seeker(m): 8:52am On Jun 19, 2006
gr8t:

I think it is very worng for you to assume and over assume that Mikel's decision is wrong to be in Chelsea.
Assumption is the lowest level of knowledge.
You are on your own corner thinking a big coack like that just decided to pay so much money just for him to at the end of the day loan the player out.
There is something in Mikel that made the best clubs in England want him at all cost.
Don't fight over the issue, just stay cool and watch the next season.
I saw the guy recently and I;m sure we are all in for a big surprise.
The only thing is that don't over assume you know the wing he is going to play.

If you know anything about the coach, then you will know that spending money on a player and not using the player is his stock in trade. Funny thing is you yourself are making assumptions. While mine is based on the past actions of Mourinho, and the evidence of the large number of experienced midfielders that Mikel has to compete against, yours is based on nothing. So where does your intelligence stand?
Re: Halleluyah: Mikel Obi Joins Chelsea! by strongest(m): 11:52pm On Jun 19, 2006
Guys look at it this way Mikel has never train under any top coach and his performance is of the hook with the special one's touch the boy will perform wonders after all you will agree with me that his talent his not in question
Re: Halleluyah: Mikel Obi Joins Chelsea! by seeker(m): 8:46am On Jun 20, 2006
His special talent is definitely not in question here.
Re: Halleluyah: Mikel Obi Joins Chelsea! by moyoct14(m): 11:07pm On Jun 21, 2006
I think Mikel will manage to fit into Jose's Carling and FA Cup programs. Ballack! Lampard! Makelele! Essien! Duff! Robben! Even Gudjonson's having 2 leave. SWP is set to sit out for d 2nd successive season after losing his place in d england squad to Aaron Lennon. Where and when does JMO plays? The poor boy should have gone to United in d same way that SWP should have come to Arsenal. Anyway, let's wait 4d next couple of months and see.
Re: Halleluyah: Mikel Obi Joins Chelsea! by Akolawole(m): 7:12pm On May 25, 2007
QUOTE FROM JACKAL
Mikel is one player i admire.
His composure,vision and awareness is incomparable.
I hope Jose makes good use of his talent because there is def'ly GOLD in this young lad.

There is only one Jackal EVEN though he's a United fan.

Where are Mikel's critics now?

Where are the Prophet of Doom NOW? grin
Re: Halleluyah: Mikel Obi Joins Chelsea! by mukina2: 7:22pm On May 25, 2007
Akol you didnt come back to start war o . tongue

we will be ready cool

there are two Jackals cool
Re: Halleluyah: Mikel Obi Joins Chelsea! by Akolawole(m): 9:46am On May 26, 2007
Jackal na one.

Muki, Lest i forget, who was adjudge the best player on the field on that FA cup final?
Re: Halleluyah: Mikel Obi Joins Chelsea! by chidichris(m): 12:28pm On May 28, 2007
all the prophets of doom i know are all dying in shame.
low and envious people who at all times are ready to predict negativities over others not minding what God has in stock for him.
it is only during hard works that you know the hard workers.
if mikel can work himself into the chelsea studded team, it means he is a world class footballer.
we should learn to appreciate ours.
the boy is just too good to be over looked.
no wonder ferguson wanted to die chassing the boy.
Re: Halleluyah: Mikel Obi Joins Chelsea! by Akolawole(m): 12:51pm On May 28, 2007
@Chidichris

I trust "them", they wont bother to comment. grin
Re: Halleluyah: Mikel Obi Joins Chelsea! by mukina2: 1:33pm On May 28, 2007
Jackal na one.

Muki, Lest i forget, who was adjudge the best player on the field on that FA cup final?

he's two cool

if you check my post on the fa cup final thread, you'll see what i posted about mikel, the boy is improving well well . cool

now what? tongue grin
Re: Halleluyah: Mikel Obi Joins Chelsea! by Akolawole(m): 3:42pm On May 28, 2007
mukina2:

if you check my post on the fa cup final thread, you'll see what i posted about mikel, the boy is improving well well .

Did i hear say improving?

Here is what "they" say when the poor boy signed for Chelsea.

1) he is going to be wasted

2) Why cant he go to Arsenal?

3) JM will loan him to conference

4) he will be used Only in Carling cup

5) Another waste of talent,
Re: Halleluyah: Mikel Obi Joins Chelsea! by viee(f): 3:47pm On May 28, 2007
d guy is really good at

back pass
rough tackle
getting cards( red and yellow)
loosing his temper

and more recently
wininng man of the match

he is really good
Re: Halleluyah: Mikel Obi Joins Chelsea! by kitaun(m): 8:15pm On May 28, 2007
@Akolawole and Chidi

U had better kept your erections down and thereafter in check!!! angry

what bunkum are you spewing? angry

this aint looking good for Nigeria and that is where my own grouse lies! cool

what has been his contribution for the national team?

we need to look at him closely in games to come at the national level undecided

now all we hear is he wont make the Niger game shocked

someone who begged to be allowed to play the FA cup final? and even had to b injected?

so, why does he not ask to be injected so as to make the Niger game?

SO MUCH FOR THE PATRIOTISM OF NIGERIAN PLAYERS   angry

I REPEAT WE LOVE TO OVERRATE OUR PLAYERS WHEREAS THEY GIVE BACK A LITTLE

TO ME, MAJORITY OF THEM ARE JUST IDIOTS embarassed angry cool
Re: Halleluyah: Mikel Obi Joins Chelsea! by Akolawole(m): 9:01pm On May 28, 2007
@Kitaun

You are bringing another dimension to this.

Attitude towards National team [ that has nothing to do with this thread]

This is about his signing for Chelsea.

kitaun:

1) U had better kept your erections down and thereafter in check!!! angry
what bunkum are you spewing? angry

Sorry sir

2) someone who begged to be allowed to play the FA cup final? and even had to b injected?

Where did you get the story sir?
Re: Halleluyah: Mikel Obi Joins Chelsea! by kitaun(m): 9:20pm On May 28, 2007
@aKOLA

Can u ever alienate his signing for Chelsea and his commitment to fatherland?

all those parameters were actually what made Nigerians concerned about where he was going to end up, why?

COS THEY SAW THE POTENTIAL IN HIM . . .
cool

It was always going to boil down to how well his game developed and where!

If I may say, I still dont see the hullabaloo surrounding this dude shocked

i repeat, the jury is still out on him, as per his commitment, national team-wise cool

for me, I respect players based on contribution for National teams! tongue

HE'S GOOD, no doubt, but are you also turning him into some DEMI-GOD?

WHAT WOULD BRAZILIANS SAY ABOUT DENILSON? shocked
Re: Halleluyah: Mikel Obi Joins Chelsea! by Akolawole(m): 9:28am On May 29, 2007
@Kitaun

You are just making Mountain out of a Molehill.

Just own up that his performance in stamford bridge suprised you. Simple

The signing of Mikel, the strong criticsm of some of you, the eventual goldness of the boy and THE WAY HE SHAMED MOST PEOPLE ALL OVER THE WORLD including some members here.

When this thread was created, nobody mentioned his uselfulness for the National team, his Iboness grin, his hair cut(Mukinat grin), His red cardness etc.
Re: Halleluyah: Mikel Obi Joins Chelsea! by kitaun(m): 9:27pm On May 29, 2007
MIKEL DID NOT SURPRISE ME,SIMPLE

can u quote where I said he would not perform in Chelsea colours?

but I maintain he is just not as good as people make him out to be!

maybe our own ROONEY, good but OVERRATED cool

AND STILL, I ADMIT MY BIAS IS MORE ABOUT NATIONAL COMMITMENT WHICH KIND OF NEGATS THE ESSENCE OF THE THREAD! cool
Re: Halleluyah: Mikel Obi Joins Chelsea! by gr8t(m): 11:39pm On Jun 03, 2007
The boy is good1 He has a good intention to ne there for his country but like many other there greatest fear and threat is when they play for the national side it is impossible to do it with total commitment.
The are scared of injuries which the national side will not do anyting about. sometime some of the clubs bribe african players to injure another just to affect ehn in the cbub league game.
The pitches in Africa is another factor that even when nobody touches you you can twist your leg.
Not good enough escuses, but, African FA especially our country need to look more into the rerason why players are unwilling to play for them and try to handle it with respect and not threat.
One of those player that keeps playing abroad keeps their family and linage going, one injury can ruin that.
remember amokachi!!!
Re: Halleluyah: Mikel Obi Joins Chelsea! by kitaun(m): 11:45pm On Jun 03, 2007
Pure bunkum!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Zlatan Ibrahimovic Tattooed Names Of 50 Starving People On His Body / U17 African Nations Cup Thread (all About 2013 U17 Nations Cup) / 2 Odd Football Investment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.