Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,949 members, 7,863,358 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 04:15 PM

Catholic Priests May Be Allowed To Marry Amid Papal Changes - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholic Priests May Be Allowed To Marry Amid Papal Changes (31207 Views)

Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra / Catholic Priests That Changed The World / Top Ten Miraculous Catholic Priests In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholic Priests May Be Allowed To Marry Amid Papal Changes by everyday: 3:08pm On Sep 13, 2013
No be small thing
Re: Catholic Priests May Be Allowed To Marry Amid Papal Changes by mko2005: 3:11pm On Sep 13, 2013
If they eventually allow this,it will go to show the wise ones among them that traditions of men isn't superior to the scriptures !

God help us
Re: Catholic Priests May Be Allowed To Marry Amid Papal Changes by kallysky(f): 3:22pm On Sep 13, 2013
AT LEAST THEY WILL WILL LEAVE THE SMALL BOYS ALONE. LOL

MTN AND MULTILINKS FREE BROWSING ALL THE WAY>>>>>>>>>>>>

Re: Catholic Priests May Be Allowed To Marry Amid Papal Changes by nusdog: 3:28pm On Sep 13, 2013
grin grin
Re: Catholic Priests May Be Allowed To Marry Amid Papal Changes by danot1030: 3:31pm On Sep 13, 2013
CATHOLISM IS SATANIC, A CATHOLIC POPE IS SATAN, A CATHOLIC PRIESTS IS PROMISCUOS, AND A CATHOLIC NUN IS A SEX AGENT. at least d nw development wil help reduce d secret sex parpetrates by dis priests wit d nuns n their mistresses.
Re: Catholic Priests May Be Allowed To Marry Amid Papal Changes by mko2005: 3:31pm On Sep 13, 2013
elampiro:

Celibacy was tailored towards Mathew 19:12. Only those fit were meant to enter the Priesthood.
You do not understand what Christ meant when he said that to his disciples.They got afraid when he explained that on no account should we divorce our partners and they said if marriage is for better for worse then it's better not to even get married.But Christ said the saying would not be accepted by all but if you can accept it,please do ! He concluded by saying some came to earth not to feel anything for marriage,some others decided just not to get married and the last set were 'forced' by others into bein eunuchs ! They did all these for the sake of the kingdom and who ever can accept this ought to do so !
From the above,it is very clear that Christ never intend to force or want's any other to force anyone one into bein any of the three kinds of Eunuchs ! He only explained that once you are married,remain married,if you want to be an eunuch for the sake of the kingdom,no wahala still but it is not compulsory to be single all through for you to serve as a pastor,prophet,teacher or what have you. If Christ wanted us to be eunuchs for us to function as bishops or pastors or prophet,he would hav chosen un-married disciples all through or instructed them not to get married after his depature but he didn't do that and the bible recorded that most if not all the disciples and apostles were married.-
I Corinthians 9:5 ''Don't we have the right to bring a Christian wife with us as the other apostles and the Lord's brothers do, and as Peter does?''

God help us
Re: Catholic Priests May Be Allowed To Marry Amid Papal Changes by JesusAmbassador(f): 3:36pm On Sep 13, 2013
Judas2013: We are getting closer to the day they will tell us the truth: jesus was only a common fisherman who married many wives. He did not die on the cross. We are sorry to have deceived many. At least the clever pastors became rich....em em sorry God doesn't exist....We lied!
Shut up sick o! Because the catholic priest want to marry doesn't mean u should bring Jesus into it. Better watch ur mouth before u the wrath of God descend on u
Re: Catholic Priests May Be Allowed To Marry Amid Papal Changes by tman4real21(m): 3:53pm On Sep 13, 2013
PRAYING FOR THE WHOLE CHRISTIANS WORLD WIDE. SATAN IS FIGHTING THE WHOLE WORLD. BE PRAYERFUL AT ALL TIMES. THIS IS A WAY OF BRINGING IMMORALITIES IN ITS FULLNESS IN THE CHURCH OF GOD. EVEN THOSE MARRIED PEOPLE SNEAK OUT TOO TO HAVE AFFAIR OUTSIDE. THE CELIBACY IS THE BEAUTY OF THE PRIESTHOOD. IT SHOULD BE ENCOURAGED.IF YOU CANNOT LIVE A LIFE OF CELIBACY, THEN FORGET ABOUT PRIESTHOOD AND GET MARRIED. PERIOD!!! THE BOOK CORINTH. SAID.. "IT IS GOOD TO GET MARRIED BUT IT IS BETTER NOT TO GET MARRIED". HE CHOICE IS YOURS. DONT DESTROY DA GOOD IMAGE THAT HAS BEEN BUILT SINCE MANY YEARS.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priests May Be Allowed To Marry Amid Papal Changes by dienyefy: 4:03pm On Sep 13, 2013
catholic change don dey change since this new priest.anti christ things on point.
9jabasket..com
Re: Catholic Priests May Be Allowed To Marry Amid Papal Changes by Nobody: 4:06pm On Sep 13, 2013
m.k.o2005:

You do not understand what Christ meant when he said that to his disciples.They got afraid when he explained that on no account should we divorce our partners and they said if marriage is for better for worse then it's better not to even get married.But Christ said the saying would not be accepted by all but if you can accept it,please do ! He concluded by saying some came to earth not to feel anything for marriage,some others decided just not to get married and the last set were 'forced' by others into bein eunuchs ! They did all these for the sake of the kingdom and who ever can accept this ought to do so !
From the above,it is very clear that Christ never intend to force or want's any other to force anyone one into bein any of the three kinds of Eunuchs ! He only explained that once you are married,remain married,if you want to be an eunuch for the sake of the kingdom,no wahala still but it is not compulsory to be single all through for you to serve as a pastor,prophet,teacher or what have you. If Christ wanted us to be eunuchs for us to function as bishops or pastors or prophet,he would hav chosen un-married disciples all through or instructed them not to get married after his depature but he didn't do that and the bible recorded that most if not all the disciples and apostles were married.-
I Corinthians 9:5 ''Don't we have the right to bring a Christian wife with us as the other apostles and the Lord's brothers do, and as Peter does?''

God help us

Mumu no one has ever been forced to join the catholic celibate priesthood.It has always been voluntary.Christ gave his consent to the ministry of Enuchs so stop beating around the bush.

Priestly celibacy in catholicism has never been a dogma but I don't think it will be reviewd in our generation.The archbishop was only making his personal opinion.It will only take the convocation of another church council to reverse it.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priests May Be Allowed To Marry Amid Papal Changes by Nobody: 4:12pm On Sep 13, 2013
Whr is the link
Re: Catholic Priests May Be Allowed To Marry Amid Papal Changes by mko2005: 4:17pm On Sep 13, 2013
chukwudi44:

Mumu no one has ever been forced to join the catholic celibate priesthood.It has always been voluntary.Christ gave his consent to the ministry of Enuchs so stop beating around the bush.

Priestly celibacy in catholicism has never been a dogma but I don't think it will be reviewd in our generation.The archbishop was only making his personal opinion.It will only take the convocation of another church council to reverse it.
E don reach for you to dey call me mumu for God matter ? Anyway wetin you call me no matter but na wetin God call me na him matter.
Mayowak in his write up explained that in as much as The roman catholic church isn't forcing any one to be be preist but sure compels the priests to remain celibate as they are meant to take the oat of celibacy to ensure they remain celibate as priests !
As a catholic priest,if i get married in the course of my 'vocation' will i still be allowed to practice as a priest under the catholic church ?-The answer is NO-There lies the FORCE !

GOD HELP US
Re: Catholic Priests May Be Allowed To Marry Amid Papal Changes by Bode3: 4:28pm On Sep 13, 2013
Judas2013: We are getting closer to the day they will tell us the truth: jesus was only a common fisherman who married many wives. He did not die on the cross. We are sorry to have deceived many. At least the clever pastors became rich....em em sorry God doesn't exist....We lied!

Judas 20131. you are d worst human being i have heard of. May heaven ever hold u 4 what u posted
Re: Catholic Priests May Be Allowed To Marry Amid Papal Changes by Nobody: 4:31pm On Sep 13, 2013
Re: Catholic Priests May Be Allowed To Marry Amid Papal Changes by tekel(m): 4:35pm On Sep 13, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko: The old reverend fathers that died without getting married would be turning in their graves right now.
after turning 4 many years dey wil get tired!
Re: Catholic Priests May Be Allowed To Marry Amid Papal Changes by tekel(m): 4:37pm On Sep 13, 2013
@Bode:

Judas 20131. you are d worst human being i have heard of. May heaven ever hold u 4 what u posted
and who are u 2 judge?
Re: Catholic Priests May Be Allowed To Marry Amid Papal Changes by SHAIBULIAR: 4:49pm On Sep 13, 2013
teddy2011: NONSENSE!!!!!! Any priest that wants to marry should quit priesthood. Period!!!
if he dey easy as you think,why you no join?
Re: Catholic Priests May Be Allowed To Marry Amid Papal Changes by SHAIBULIAR: 4:51pm On Sep 13, 2013
Dat revd sister in my area is in trouble,I must fok am front and bak so that she can catch up with all the ones she missed
Re: Catholic Priests May Be Allowed To Marry Amid Papal Changes by iheneme(m): 4:53pm On Sep 13, 2013
I know most Catholic faithfuls will find this one hard to swallow, but the truth is that the change is a positive one. I am yet to come across a verse in the Bible where God attached celibacy to priesthood.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priests May Be Allowed To Marry Amid Papal Changes by BonnyDominic: 5:02pm On Sep 13, 2013
No matter d persecution, it has been said before dat even d gate of hell cannot prevail against it. U guys are just interested in wagging ur tongue wen it come to the issue of the Catholic church.
Re: Catholic Priests May Be Allowed To Marry Amid Papal Changes by Nobody: 5:11pm On Sep 13, 2013
m.k.o2005:

E don reach for you to dey call me mumu for God matter ? Anyway wetin you call me no matter but na wetin God call me na him matter.
Mayowak in his write up explained that in as much as The roman catholic church isn't forcing any one to be be preist but sure compels the priests to remain celibate as they are meant to take the oat of celibacy to ensure they remain celibate as priests !
As a catholic priest,if i get married in the course of my 'vocation' will i still be allowed to practice as a priest under the catholic church ?-The answer is NO-There lies the FORCE !

GOD HELP US

YOU STILL HAVE NOT ANSWERED THE QUESTION DID THE CATHOLIC CHURCH FORCE ANYONE TO BECOME A PRIEST? IS THE CATHOLIC PRIESTHOOD THE ONLY WAY TO SERVE GOD FOR SOMEONE WITH THE ZEAL TO PREACH THE GOODNEWS?

THIS IS STILL PROPAGANDA ANYWAY.LIKE I SAID BEFORE,ONLY AN ECUMENICAL CHURCH COUNCIL CAN REVERSE THE LAW.I DONT SEE THAT HAPPENING IN OUR GENERATION.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priests May Be Allowed To Marry Amid Papal Changes by danny301: 5:12pm On Sep 13, 2013
donsax: Hmmmm..I now know why Benedict retired... He don't wanna be part of the dirty job.

Who is it a dirty job? Which one do you prefer, that they should remain unmarried and continue fornicating around or marry and save their souls?
Re: Catholic Priests May Be Allowed To Marry Amid Papal Changes by Nobody: 5:13pm On Sep 13, 2013
dienyefy: catholic change don dey change since this new priest.anti christ things on point.
9jabasket..com
SEE MUMU BLOGGER,NO WONDER NO ONE COMES TO YOUR USELESS AND EMPTY SITE.YOU THINK YOU WILL USE THE CATHOLIC CHURCH TO ADVERTISE YOURSELF ABI
Re: Catholic Priests May Be Allowed To Marry Amid Papal Changes by Nobody: 5:14pm On Sep 13, 2013
danny301:

Who is it a dirty job? Which one do you prefer, that they should remain unmarried and continue fornicating around or marry and save their souls?

BRIOS EVEN MARRUIAGE WILL NOT STOP THE BAD PRIESTS FROM FORNICATING AS IT HAS NOT STOPPED THE BAD MARRIED PROTESTANT PASTORS FROM FORNICATION OR EVEN RAPE

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priests May Be Allowed To Marry Amid Papal Changes by mko2005: 5:18pm On Sep 13, 2013
chukwudi44:

BRIOS EVEN MARRUIAGE WILL NOT STOP THE BAD PRIESTS FROM FORNICATING AS IT HAS NOT STOPPED THE BAD MARRIED PROTESTANT PASTORS FROM FORNICATION OR EVEN RAPE
You are still finding it difficult to accept the TRUTH that is obvious even ! But i know say chukwudi !

God help us
Re: Catholic Priests May Be Allowed To Marry Amid Papal Changes by Nobody: 5:24pm On Sep 13, 2013
m.k.o2005:

You are still finding it difficult to accept the TRUTH that is obvious even ! But i know say chukwudi !

God help us

DO YOU WANT ME TO POST LINK OF MARRIED PROTESTANT PASTORS CAUGHT FORNICATING OR EVEN RAPE? MORE MARRIED MEN CHEAT ON THEIR WIVES THAN CATHOLIC PRIESTS COMMIT FORNICATION.SOMEONE WHO WILL CHEAT ON THEIR WIVES WILL STILL CHEAT BRO

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priests May Be Allowed To Marry Amid Papal Changes by Amadaz(m): 5:24pm On Sep 13, 2013
3ace: Konji level has increased astronomically.
spiritual konji oh!!!
Re: Catholic Priests May Be Allowed To Marry Amid Papal Changes by Jomark(m): 5:25pm On Sep 13, 2013
booqee: dem no fit hold d conji again bah?? Well i'm waiting for them to also drop their mary worship. Gud for them sha
..mumu you and who dey worship Mary. See how you dey smell ignorance
Re: Catholic Priests May Be Allowed To Marry Amid Papal Changes by nobleman312(m): 5:30pm On Sep 13, 2013
Make dem no try am o...is it by force to be a priest,dos willing 2 marry should quit priesthood.ENDTIME
Re: Catholic Priests May Be Allowed To Marry Amid Papal Changes by nora544: 5:36pm On Sep 13, 2013
nobleman312: Make dem no try am o...is it by force to be a priest,dos willing 2 marry should quit priesthood.ENDTIME

That has nothing to do with endtime. Why you didnot read what i write before that it comes as catholic law 1100 that means it become law 900 years before.

the problem is that the catholic church has no priest and there are many churches where people have only one mass in two weeks.

But you live in a country where everbody can be a pastor and that is a business so why you should understand this. In my Coun try we have priest from different countries also from nigeria.

I know the time is there that this law has no meaning for the catholic church and i know it will come that a priest can marry but it will not be a must.
Re: Catholic Priests May Be Allowed To Marry Amid Papal Changes by Tushnigerian(f): 5:40pm On Sep 13, 2013
3ace: Konji level has increased astronomically.

Konji is a bastard mehn!!! No respecter of ny1 grin grin
Re: Catholic Priests May Be Allowed To Marry Amid Papal Changes by aiksneffects: 5:47pm On Sep 13, 2013
AT LEAST THIS CHANGES WILL REDUCE THE INCREASING RATE OF SODOMITES AND gays AMONG THE CATHOLIC PRIEST. INFACT IT IS LONG OVERDUE.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

TB Joshua - Pray Nigeria's Flag Doesn't Fly At Half-mast / Ayilara Oluwaseunfun Evicted From His Church For Appearing On Daddy Freeze Show / God Told Me That Women With Trousers& Jewelry Will Go To Hell - Evangelist Linda

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.