Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,882 members, 7,841,308 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? - Literature (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? (126698 Views)

What Books Are You Reading At The Moment-share It With Us / Love Reading, Right? Well, Check This Site Out! / What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (61) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by OMA4U(m): 10:53pm On Nov 19, 2013
salisuammy: "Purple Hibiscus" by Chimamanda Adichie, page 272
Is it a pdf copy?
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Illuminatus(m): 9:12am On Nov 20, 2013
OMA4U:

Yeah! Four of his novels are Robert Langdon series. Even the latest 'Inferno' is one.
He's released another one? Didn't know that.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by salisuammy(f): 1:32pm On Nov 20, 2013
@oma4u: no its the hard copy
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by SIRcumalot: 10:20pm On Nov 20, 2013
koonbey:
I downloaded book 1-14 of the Dresden Files and the Kingkiller Sequence
Start with the kingkiller chronicles this series is on a best fantasy eve trajectory.

Reading the Dark Tower.stephen king.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Obinnau(m): 7:21am On Nov 21, 2013
Gonna start George RR martins "A song of ice and fire" today.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Valon4ego(m): 7:35am On Nov 21, 2013
SIR cum a lot:

Start with the kingkiller chronicles this series is on a best fantasy eve trajectory.

Reading the Dark Tower.stephen king.
what part are you?

I think that the series is the best Steven king work till date

I have the first and second part of the kingkiller series, but don't want to start reading it now cos it's not complete, and I hate it when I'm left in suspense
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by SIRcumalot: 2:43pm On Nov 21, 2013
The 1st book am 40% in, and to be honest I really don't get the hype

KKC is really good and each book ends without cliffhanger though I doubt if it will remain a trilogy.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Illuminatus(m): 3:00pm On Nov 21, 2013
First Lord's Fury by Jim Butcher. Jar format. 20% in.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Valon4ego(m): 3:52pm On Nov 21, 2013
SIR cum a lot:
The 1st book am 40% in, and to be honest I really don't get the hype

KKC is really good and each book ends without cliffhanger though I doubt if it will remain a trilogy.

I didn't read the part one of the book, but the part two is quite interesting. The part that I downloaded was kinda bad
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Valon4ego(m): 3:55pm On Nov 21, 2013
Illuminatus: First Lord's Fury by Jim Butcher. Jar format. 20% in.
one of my favourite books. my favourite part of the book was when my guy crafted down the impregnable walls of Riva. Have you gotten to that part?
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Illuminatus(m): 6:10pm On Nov 21, 2013
Valon4ego: one of my favourite books. my favourite part of the book was when my guy crafted down the impregnable walls of Riva. Have you gotten to that part?
No. Isana just got abducted.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Valon4ego(m): 6:25pm On Nov 21, 2013
Illuminatus:
No. Isana just got abducted.
yeah, I remember that part
Tavi 1:1 Vord Queen
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by SIRcumalot: 6:35pm On Nov 21, 2013
Invidia aquitane,I love dat woman.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Illuminatus(m): 8:04pm On Nov 21, 2013
Valon4ego: yeah, I remember that part
Tavi 1:1 Vord Queen
You were keeping a scoreboard?! Lol. Anyway, The Vord Queen has been chatting with Isana and Tavi has spent seven hours on the ship/sled.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Illuminatus(m): 8:05pm On Nov 21, 2013
SIR cum a lot:
Invidia aquitane,I love dat woman.
Why? And don't tell me it's because of her charming personality.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Valon4ego(m): 8:57pm On Nov 21, 2013
Illuminatus:
she's about the second best politician in the book. Second only to the grand master himself, Giaus Sixtus. Would have loved it if she fought with high lady Placida though.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Valon4ego(m): 9:02pm On Nov 21, 2013
Illuminatus:
You were keeping a scoreboard?! Lol. Anyway, The Vord Queen has been chatting with Isana and Tavi has spent seven hours on the ship/sled.
The kidnapping of Isana was added kind of a counter attack after a rather impressive display of furycraft by Tavi.

I vividly remember the Vord Queen telling Aquitane that "he has hurt me, and now I will take from him"
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by SIRcumalot: 10:19pm On Nov 21, 2013
Valon4ego: she's about the second best politician in the book. Second only to the grand master himself, Giaus Sixtus. Would have loved it if she fought with high lady Placida though.
I doubt high lady placida would last long.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by SIRcumalot: 10:25pm On Nov 21, 2013
Illuminatus:
She is a very interesting character (well written) I personally think Septimus is a fool for picking Isana
I would love to see that epic duel between Araris and Odiana's paramour.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Illuminatus(m): 11:05am On Nov 22, 2013
SIR cum a lot:

She is a very interesting character (well written) I personally think Septimus is a fool for picking Isana
I would love to see that epic duel between Araris and Odiana's paramour.
Lol. Well, unlike you, I would have choosen Isana. Moreover, Septimus simply fell for Isana. Invinda is too...conniving for my liking, too tricky.
The duel did happen, but it was years before Tavi's story began.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Valon4ego(m): 11:22am On Nov 22, 2013
who do you think has the coolest fury?
for me, it's high lady Placida's fire falcon that often rests on her arm when she's about to fight
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by SIRcumalot: 12:49pm On Nov 22, 2013
The lion furies of both Antillus sons

Another character I enjoyed immensely is Fidelias/Valiar Marcus

Invidia Is a creature of environment
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Illuminatus(m): 1:30pm On Nov 22, 2013
Valon4ego: who do you think has the coolest fury?
for me, it's high lady Placida's fire falcon that often rests on her arm when she's about to fight
Count Benard of Calderon's Brutus and his WoodFury, don't remember the name.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Illuminatus(m): 1:31pm On Nov 22, 2013
SIR cum a lot:
The lion furies of both Antillus sons

Another character I enjoyed immensely is Fidelias/Valiar Marcus

Invidia Is a creature of environment
The Lions are spectacular. But they only appeared once...
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by UjSizzle(f): 1:36pm On Nov 22, 2013
I'm reading 3 books currently

Shadow Dance by Julie Garwood (just started)

Inferno by Dan Brown Page 250

Mere Christianity by CS Lewis pg 60

Genuine Lies by Nora Robert kiss (just started this too)
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by SIRcumalot: 1:41pm On Nov 22, 2013
Illuminatus:
The Lions are spectacular. But they only appeared once...
That one time made an impression
For pure longevity then Isana's Rill I can't remember the animal manifestation
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Valon4ego(m): 2:25pm On Nov 22, 2013
@sir cum a lot, it seems you always have a likeness for badass guys and ladies. first it was Karsa Orlong, and now it's high lady Invidia.
I suppose your best character is sword of truth series is either darken Raul or emperor Jagang
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Illuminatus(m): 3:24pm On Nov 22, 2013
SIR cum a lot:

That one time made an impression
For pure longevity then Isana's Rill I can't remember the animal manifestation
Rili doesn't appear as an animal. On the rare occasions that it makes an appearance, it has the form of a younger Isana when they met.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Illuminatus(m): 12:20pm On Nov 25, 2013
Inferno by Dan Brown. 27 percent in.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by LarrySun(m): 4:25pm On Nov 25, 2013
Dark River of the Earth (Dean Koontz)
page 155.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (61) (Reply)

S€X Story : My Lovely Houseboy Episode 1 To 10 / The Godmother / Despite All Odds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.