Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,162 members, 7,825,635 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting (19019 Views)

Wike And Aregbesola's Funny Encounter At Governor's Forum Meeting / Photos From The Northern Governors' Forum Meeting In Kaduna Yesterday / Fayose To Governors: Cut Your Minimum Wives Not Wages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting by Stegomiah: 4:23pm On Sep 13, 2013

The Rivers State Governor and Chairman of the Nigeria Governors’ Forum, NGF, Chibuike Amaechi has scheduled a meeting of the forum for next week Tuesday to discuss crucial matters affecting it and the country.

Invitation to the meeting has also been extended to Jonah Jang and the 16 governors of his faction. A source closed to the Mr. Amaechi, who asked not to be named because he was not authorised to speak on the matter, said letters and text messages have been sent to all the 36 state governors urging them to attend.

The meeting will be the second since the forum split into two following disagreement over the May 24 election during which Mr. Amaechi was re-elected chairman after he beat his Plateau State counterpart, Jonah Jang, by 19 votes to 16.

According to the invitation to next week’s meeting obtained by PREMIUM TIMES, the forum which meets at the Rivers State Governors Lodge, Asokoro, Abuja, will discuss the disagreement that trailed its May 24 election, its strategic plan for 2013 – 2015, oil theft in the country, polio eradication initiative and others.

Also, Mr Amaechi, as chairman, the draft agenda for the meeting says, will give a brief opening remarks covering fresh and subsisting litigations, update on Federation Account Allocation committee, FAAC, Excess Crude Account, ECA, and Sovereign Wealth Fund, SWF, update on State Peer Review Mechanism, SPRIM, investment conferences in the US and Russia and other issues.

It was learnt that Mr Amaechi extended the invitation to all the 16 governors in the faction of the Forum led by Mr Jang.

The governors in the Jang faction are Emmanuel Uduaghan (Delta), Ibrahim Shema (Katsina), Isa Yuguda (Bauchi), Idris Wada (kogi) Theodore Orji (Abia), Sullivan Chime (Enugu), Liyel Imoke (Cross River), Godswill Akapbio (Akwa Ibom), Martin Elechi (Ebonyi), Peter Obi (Anambra), Gabriel Suswam (Benue), Ibrahim Dankwambo (Gombe), Garba Umar (Taraba), Saidu Dakingari (Kebbi), Ramalan Yero (Kaduna), and Olusegun Mimiko, who is the deputy chairman of the faction.

Those in the Amaechi faction are Musa Kwamkwaso (Kano), Aliyu Wamakko (Sokoto), Sule Lamido (Jigawa), Shettima Mustapha (Borno), Ibrahim Gaidam (Yobe), Babangida Aliyu (Niger), and Abdulaziz Yari (Zamfara), who is the chairman of the faction.

Others are Babatunde Fashola (Lagos), Abiola Ajimobi (Oyo), Rauf Aregbesola (Osun), Adams Oshiomhole (Edo), Rochas Okorocha (Imo), Ibikunle Amosun (Ogun), Murtala Nyako (Adamawa), Kayode Fayemi (Ekiti) and Tanko Al-Makura (Nasarawa).

Until last August 31 when he joined other members of the PDP to form the “New” PDP, the Kwara State Governor, Abdulfatah Ahmed was attending the meetings called by the Jang faction.

The Amaechi faction had planned to hold its first meeting two months ago but postponed it following their invitation to a dinner organised by President Goodluck Jonathan at the Presidential Villa.

Members of the faction moved from the Rivers State Governors Lodge venue of the meeting to the dinner. At the dinner, Mr Amaechi was prevented from moving close to the president to exchange greetings.

On its part, the Jang faction has met twice since the crisis broke out.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/144640-exclusive-amaechi-invites-jang-faction-governors-forum-meeting.html

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting by Stegomiah: 5:06pm On Sep 13, 2013
I think this is a bold and matured move by Amaechi, just hope the NGF crisis will be resolved soonest.

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting by topsy1971: 5:14pm On Sep 13, 2013
Drama continues!
Re: Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting by Gbawes: 5:19pm On Sep 13, 2013
Another waste of time.

10 Likes

Re: Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting by figment232(m): 5:24pm On Sep 13, 2013
Gbawes: Another waste of time.
Mister Amaechi is a sturbborn GOAT

16 Likes

Re: Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting by Rochero(m): 7:05pm On Sep 13, 2013
I think the sucess of this meeting will depend largely on d attendance of the governors drawn mainly from the Jang camp

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting by Lilaex: 9:46pm On Sep 13, 2013
•i comment my reserve..
Re: Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting by dedons: 9:47pm On Sep 13, 2013
Gud
Re: Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting by manny4life(m): 9:48pm On Sep 13, 2013
Can these two shameless factions set their differences aside and work together on moving the nation forward? Nigerian men with their ego and pride, I'm sure the Jang faction will dishonor the invitation and likely vice-versa if it were the other way around.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting by Davo93(m): 9:49pm On Sep 13, 2013
Amaechi is a stubborn man and not until he perishes, he won't listen.. ewu!

By the way, the reporter or editor of this news sounds like a supporter to Amaechi except the person is not a professional courtesy of the news composition.

9 Likes

Re: Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting by Cronyy: 9:51pm On Sep 13, 2013
Amaechi should come bak 2 his senses. Does he even tink dat he can destroy d president? He should learn 2 show some respect to those above him

5 Likes

Re: Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting by ascek(m): 9:52pm On Sep 13, 2013
I think it's a waste of time.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting by chaloner(m): 9:53pm On Sep 13, 2013
Eatin my indomie, na dere own wahala b dat.....wat match do we hav moro self ?
Re: Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting by Memyselfu2009(m): 9:53pm On Sep 13, 2013
They re gradually tearing down our beloved country our fore father's fought for independence I hope they don't forget that some certain group of illicit behaving like the white colonial masters in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting by robosky02(m): 9:54pm On Sep 13, 2013
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
they are at it again i wonder what they what to discuss
when the issue of state development have been abandone
all they are sceming is how to return to power again in 2015
Re: Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting by FindOut(m): 10:00pm On Sep 13, 2013
Make we see whether police will go and close the lodge or CP Mbu will fly to Abuja & mount roadblock telling the Governors to pass somewhere else for security reasons.

Of course, some Joe supporters will see this as an 'affront' and 'disrespect' to the president since they are still expecting Amaechi to go and dobale for their oga in Aso rock. Afterall, GEJ is his Oga who put him in Govt House.

Actually, it might not be a bad idea for GEJ (or rather through his minions like Akpabio) to send the police to harass the Governors sha since no one in Abuja has been smart enough to tell them that for every senseless action they take against Amaechi, they are only making the man more popular to GEJ's detriment.

17 Likes

Re: Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting by sanandreas(m): 10:01pm On Sep 13, 2013
This dude nor dey rest. I pity you sha. Ask ibori. Never fight authorities above you.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting by LajaLaba: 10:03pm On Sep 13, 2013
I"m in love tongue
Re: Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting by atlwireles: 10:03pm On Sep 13, 2013
Chibuike, na you go tire.
Re: Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting by dhtml12: 10:06pm On Sep 13, 2013
END TIME TINZ!

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting by OdionOdion: 10:08pm On Sep 13, 2013
Gov Amaechi the immature , lawless and arrogant confussionist is at it again. This time if he fails to stop the political war/fire he started with the governor forum election by backing down,he will certainly have himself to blame because ALL his folly and stupidity being celebrated by some lazy , inept and corrupt NiGERIN media men/women,are gradually being exposed and falling apart and the Nigeria masses are getting informed and wiser including FALANA his bossom friend by the day

11 Likes

Re: Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting by kabba7(m): 10:11pm On Sep 13, 2013
Rivers Governor should send invitation letter to President Jonathan to personally attend meeting as he has choosen to begin to get involved in the going on's there. .

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting by FindOut(m): 10:12pm On Sep 13, 2013
OdionOdion: Gov Amaechi the immature , lawless and arrogant confussionist is at it again. This time he fails to stop the politica he started with the governor forum election by backing down,he will certainly have himself to blame because ALL his folly and stupidity being celebrated by some lazy , inept and corrupt NiGERIN media men/women.

Yes, they are here.

*Prayer: May we not be among those who speak as if they appear to reason with other parts of our body especially that part otherwise associated with passing waste products. Amen.

7 Likes

Re: Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting by Uteghe(m): 10:15pm On Sep 13, 2013
Cronyy: Amaechi should come bak 2 his senses. Does he even tink dat he can destroy d president? He should learn 2 show some respect to those above him
You are a pathetic twart crony. Are you suggesting Amaechi should abdicate his responsibility as the NGF chair. Go watch barney and stop posting rubbish.

9 Likes

Re: Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting by atlwireles: 10:22pm On Sep 13, 2013
Uteghe :

You are a pathetic twart crony. Are you suggesting Amaechi should abdicate his responsibility as the NGF chair. Go watch barney and stop posting rubbish.

What responsibility
Re: Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting by Kingspin(m): 10:23pm On Sep 13, 2013
This man now operates like he has a personal country. The 7 Northern Govs is riding upon of Amaechi's head.. Becareful, so that you dnt become one abandon tool.
Re: Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting by hopilo: 10:23pm On Sep 13, 2013
Deliver dividend of democracy to your people and stop unproductive meetings and politiking

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting by hardywaltz(m): 10:25pm On Sep 13, 2013
What I like most about dis Ameachi is his never say die spirit.
Kia Chibuike carry go abeg,na u be the master of political Intrigues, Akpabio & co just dey learn work.
As GEJ don say u no go sleep himself go dey awake dance the Owikiri dance.

8 Likes

Re: Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting by Uteghe(m): 10:25pm On Sep 13, 2013
atlwireles:

What responsibility

His responsibility as chair of NGF. Hope you are enlightened by the answer?

5 Likes

Re: Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting by baba2ndee: 10:28pm On Sep 13, 2013
figment232: Mister Amaechi is a sturbborn GOAT

How Pls state ur reason(s). I question ur level of IQ with that statement. Mmmmsssccchhheeewwwww. #Oloorun

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting by omojand: 10:28pm On Sep 13, 2013
How desperate can one get?

I'm wasn't a fan of Jonathan until this idiot and his northern conspirators showed their hand. What a desperate, insolent, greedy, arrogant slowpoke.

Now I'm all for GEJ - he gets my vote and support over these irritating desperados

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Just In: “I Will Kill More Igbos To Save The Country” – Buhari In Bbc Hausa. / Mohammed Bello Adoke: Tinubu’s Close Ally Engineered His CCT Trial / 2023: Disunity In South-West May Truncate Tinubu’s Presidential Ambition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.