Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,152 members, 7,821,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:53 PM

Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting (19018 Views)

Wike And Aregbesola's Funny Encounter At Governor's Forum Meeting / Photos From The Northern Governors' Forum Meeting In Kaduna Yesterday / Fayose To Governors: Cut Your Minimum Wives Not Wages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting by TechRev: 10:29pm On Sep 13, 2013
How does NGF benefit Nigerians?? Our leaders are shameless, yet those they lead kill themselves over them. Tell me who is worse?? The leaders or those being lead?
Re: Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting by OdionOdion: 10:31pm On Sep 13, 2013
Find Out!:

Yes, they are here.

*Prayer: May we not be among those who speak as if they appear to reason with other parts of our body especially that part otherwise associated with passing waste products. Amen.
If you were living in Port Harcourt,you certainly reason alike because things have fallen apart for Gov Amaechi,his propaganda of lies and deceits are working seriously against him and nobody can save him not the the APC nor the rebellious G-7
Re: Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting by Uteghe(m): 10:32pm On Sep 13, 2013
hardywaltz: What I like most about dis Ameachi is his never say die spirit.
Kia Chibuike carry go abeg,na u be the master of political Intrigues, Akpabio & co just dey learn work.
As GEJ don say u no go sleep himself go dey awake dance the Owikiri dance.

Am from Akwa ibom. See,Akpabio is Nija's worse governor! of the 21 LGA in aka ibom,he has only developed two uyo and ikot ekpene.

Oron is a ghost town. Akpabio does not love GEJ! He is only running errands for GEJ to evade arrest and prosecution for monumental stealing,assassination and kidnappings.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting by Kingspin(m): 10:32pm On Sep 13, 2013
Uteghe :

His responsibility as chair of NGF. Hope you are enlightened by the answer?
Do you know the politics that played before and after the NGF election. Be responsible and dnt belive everything you read. NGF is a self group, and need to be dissolve.
Re: Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting by Nobody: 10:33pm On Sep 13, 2013
Who are these people? I typed their names in google and it gave me "404 Error & 403 page not available errors".
Re: Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting by omon24(m): 10:34pm On Sep 13, 2013
Cronyy: Amaechi should come bak 2 his senses. Does he even tink dat he can destroy d president? He should learn 2 show some respect to those above him
young man, it is better to keep mute and not coment @ all on issues u kno notin abt than to talk just to impres who eva.read again wat u wrote. Destroy d president?... I reserv ma coment.

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting by Onasa22: 10:45pm On Sep 13, 2013
Ameachi is a lost sheep of the south-south. The earlier his family go in search of him the better

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting by PAT4HOT(m): 10:47pm On Sep 13, 2013
OdionOdion: Gov Amaechi the immature , lawless and arrogant confussionist is at it again. This time if he fails to stop the political war/fire he started with the governor forum election by backing down,he will certainly have himself to blame because ALL his folly and stupidity being celebrated by some lazy , inept and corrupt NiGERIN media men/women,are gradually being exposed and falling apart and the Nigeria masses are getting informed and wiser including FALANA his bossom friend by the day
Keep quiet if u dnt have anything to say.....u r among dos fools dat believes dat16 is greater than 19

5 Likes

Re: Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting by Pukkah: 10:48pm On Sep 13, 2013
Cronyy: Amaechi should come bak 2 his senses. Does he even tink dat he can destroy d president? He should learn 2 show some respect to those above him

Point of correction:

This is a federal system of government. The President is not above any of the Governors.

The President (or FG) exists because the Governors (or states) exist and not the other way round.

You should note this for your future comments.

This is why I smile at some people's ignorance when they say that some Governors (or Amaechi) are being rude because they're not towing the path of Mr President (their 'master').

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting by omon24(m): 10:54pm On Sep 13, 2013
TechRev: How does NGF benefit Nigerians?? Our leaders are shameless, yet those they lead kill themselves over them. Tell me who is worse?? The leaders or those being lead?
u nid ma sincere ansa? No one is beta.infact, d folowers ar even worse, We wil only see any meaningful changes in dis nation only if and only wen we change dis attitude of ours dat has bcom part of us, we celebrate mediocrity,evil, anytin bad and pay less attentn to good.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting by tit(f): 10:56pm On Sep 13, 2013
Kaaai!
ameshi is pointing at his father's compound with his left hand!
Re: Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting by Pukkah: 10:58pm On Sep 13, 2013
Onasa22: Ameachi is a lost sheep of the south-south. The earlier his family go in search of him the better

tit: Kaaai!
ameshi is pointing at his father's compound with his left hand!

You guys who peddle this type of argument have unabashedly sown agbada out of the garment of tribalism.

You say Amaechi is a 'lost sheep' while some people call him a traitor.

How would you describe the following Northerners that are supporting Jonathan:

Shema of Katsina, Yuguda of Bauchi, Wada of Kogi, Dakingari of Gombe, Yaro of Kaduna, Susam of Benue, Tukur of PDP, etc?

I think the SS should even be happy with Amaechi for daring to be different in order to give the impression that the entire SS or SS (or even the entire South) isn't a tribalistic or bigoted bunch.

You see nothing good in Northerners. You see nothing good in Southerners that work with Northerners. Yet you expect the Northerners to work for/support you. What do you call this?

Leave Amaechi alone. You shouldn't expect 100% support from everybody.

The path that Amaechi is treading might even become an unexpected fall-back option for Jonathan. Who knows?

5 Likes

Re: Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting by nikky5(m): 11:00pm On Sep 13, 2013
Pls can somebody tell me why he is call ROTIMI? That is a yoruba name or does he have any affinity with the yorubas?thanks.
Re: Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting by FindOut(m): 11:04pm On Sep 13, 2013
OdionOdion: If you were living in Port Harcourt,you certainly reason alike because things have fallen apart for Gov Amaechi,his propaganda of lies and deceits are working seriously against him and nobody can save him not the the APC nor the rebellious G-7

Look, we are not debating Amaechi's performance as governor here. Even if he is more incompetent than GEJ (if that is possible), the fact is that GEJ's crew are wrongly harrassing this man. the police issue, the 5 members attempted impeachment, the Governors forum issue. What is bad is bad, no matter who is concerned and we should learn to condemn it. If Amaechi is non-performing, or corrupt, by all means, crucify him FOR THAT if you will but do not use that as a reason to justify harrassment from a fellow elected public official (& his unelected overbearing wife) like himself who, if it counts for anything, grossly under-performed when he was a Governor of an equally rich (in terms of allocation) & much smaller state than Rivers and who is also currently grossly under-performing as President.

10 Likes

Re: Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting by henchamb(m): 11:28pm On Sep 13, 2013
chaloner: Eatin my indomie, na dere own wahala b dat.....wat match do we hav moro self ?
AMAECHI vs JANG live on end time tv
Re: Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting by karlmax2: 11:36pm On Sep 13, 2013
Finally. I hope this meeting holds .definately those who would attend the meeting are those who voted for him as their chairman.. We would see and count those who attended if they are are up to 19 Gov. And since this is their first meetingthey should all be in attendance
Re: Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting by OdionOdion: 11:38pm On Sep 13, 2013
PAT4HOT:
Keep quiet if u dnt have anything to say.....u r among dos fools dat believes dat16 is greater than 19
Truly you are a product of community primary/secondary schools with 3 credits in four sittings.Sorry
Re: Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting by MafiaMan: 12:08am On Sep 14, 2013
What is nairaland if this thread won't make front page?

https://www.nairaland.com/1438069/beware-carx-batu-bkyautos

Here is a guy crying for help after one of the scammers swindled him 270 thousand naira.

He bears the name, Abdulahi dikkoinde on Face book with mobile
no. 08037316489, 07060421850, edwinautos @ gmail.com

I Just Fell A VICTIM of This scammer for a 2004 corolla, I Paid In
270k As Advance Payment Today To His Account And He Did
connive with someone to make me understand that the car was
being delivered from Kebbi State to Enugu. Moderator Should Ban
This Guy From Nairaland. I Will Post The Bank Tellers Tomorrow.
This Guy Is Scam. Avoid Him Like A Plague. Buyers,
B...E...W...A...R...E! He will claim to live very far from your
destination as an alibi for more payments before the non-existing
car arrives.

Continue reading here. . . https://www.nairaland.com/1438069/beware-carx-batu-bkyautos

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting by atlwireles: 12:19am On Sep 14, 2013
Uteghe :

His responsibility as chair of NGF. Hope you are enlightened by the answer?

You have not enlightened me yet, what are his responsibilities as the chair of NGF. Please state the responsibility of NGF. I know the responsibility of House, Senate, local governments. They are all enshrined in the constitution, but I have seen such for the NGF.
Re: Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting by astricker: 12:29am On Sep 14, 2013
Over time I have been a quiet observer of the posts and comments members make on a wide range of topics here on nairaland. I have noticed that it seems to be impossible for an exchange of views between members with opposing opinions without descending into a trade of insults and rude gestures.

I'm just baffled by this trend and it doesn't show that we have the capability to engage each other in constructive arguments and placing opposing points of view on the table, in a civilized and respectful way. #mytwocents

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting by manny4life(m): 12:39am On Sep 14, 2013
Pukkah:

Point of correction:

This is a federal system of government. The President is not above any of the Governors.

The President (or FG) exists because the Governors (or states) exist and not the other way round.

This is why I smile at some people's ignorance when they say that some Governors (or Amaechi) are being rude because they're not towing the path of Mr President (their 'master').

Really Mr. Pukkah?

According to the different levels of government, which is higher? The federal, then the states, and finally the City or Local Government. To say the President isn't above the governors is a mischievous attempt at deceit. The president has enumerated powers higher than any governor, and in certain cases, like emergencies, he would override governors orders. Then again, it's you Mr. Pukkah, I expected something more, not this.

The president exist not because of the Governors, but because of our system of government - a system of democracy, a democratic states governing under the Constitutional principles, AND NOT because of state governors. Heck, whether it's grouped by states, or regions or whatever, our system of government which provides a Constitution demands a president. Also to add, if we're to go by your logic, then the states (governors) exist because of the LG, now I see why states vowed under the NGF not to grant autonomy to LG.
Re: Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting by ujoinme: 12:51am On Sep 14, 2013
Uteghe :

Am from Akwa ibom. See,Akpabio is Nija's worse governor! of the 21 LGA in aka ibom,he has only developed two uyo and ikot ekpene.

Oron is a ghost town. Akpabio does not love GEJ! He is only running errands for GEJ to evade arrest and prosecution for monumental stealing,assassination and kidnappings.

you are from akwa ibom yet you dont know the number of LGA in the state! lair

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting by PStacks(m): 1:00am On Sep 14, 2013
Amechi Impresses me everyday mehn!

Fearless Amechi..

His actions are calculated and he manages inactions very well forcing their hands into Forced errors..

Imagine Policemen Blocking front of Govt house and Barricading it such that Amechi a Democratically elected governor can't go into govt house.

Amechi has been vindicated in every way. You never catch Amechi playing Politics offensively even if he's a dirty player but the opponenets are playing dirty openly..

Oh My God! Amechi is a Prince..

Born Prince of Porthacourt!

I keep repeating it, in Ancient Rome, Sicily italy, even if Amechi courted with the Real Mafians, he'l out class them all.

Amechi, Born Prince next only to Niccolo Machiavelli.

Ride on Amechi, 2015 is around the corner, u'ld corner all of them.

#Amechi4Mankind...

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting by greggng: 1:41am On Sep 14, 2013
Must of you guys need to find something meaningful to do with your life. On what ground are you guys against amaechi? You lovers of impunity. So amaechi should give up his mandate cos of Gej. Untill you guys get the proper orientation, this country will not move forward...Gej puppets. If you feel pain, know that Mr B feels pain too. This selective justice will not help. How can you justify the fact that wike is still in office? A man that abandoned his job to become Gej foot soldier in rivers. How can you justify that 16 is greater than 19? How can you justify that 5 is greater than 27. A child that says his father will not rest will not find peace too,. How can you justify that only people against GEJ are the only once efcc are after.He has been saying no shaky but you and i know that the foundation is shaking. is just a matter of time for the house to fall. Amaechi cannot be intimidated. the worst that will happen is military coup and we will start afresh.

Untill all this issues are addressed, impeachment of Gej is inevitable.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting by Nobody: 2:00am On Sep 14, 2013
Kudos amaechi! Bring it on!

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting by danny301: 3:21am On Sep 14, 2013

How does calling a NGF meeting translate to destroying the President? ..... I don't know why everything in this country is based on sentiment, people don't want to see anything from the perspective from individual's right...... The chairman of NGF is calling a meeting of his colleagues of which the president is not one and its becomes a sin against Mr. President..... If any man nurses the ambition of contesting for presidency he automatically becomes a sinner. If any one dares to say he has a different opinion from that of Mr. President he becomes disrespectful..... Where exactly are we heading to with such mentality?......

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting by iwanchop(m): 3:28am On Sep 14, 2013
figment232: Mister Amaechi is a sturbborn GOAT
And what are you,a stubborn sheep?

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting by Raymond699: 3:45am On Sep 14, 2013
Stegomiah:

The Rivers State Governor and Chairman of the Nigeria Governors’ Forum, NGF, Chibuike Amaechi has scheduled a meeting of the forum for next week Tuesday to discuss crucial matters affecting it and the country.

Invitation to the meeting has also been extended to Jonah Jang and the 16 governors of his faction. A source closed to the Mr. Amaechi, who asked not to be named because he was not authorised to speak on the matter, said letters and text messages have been sent to all the 36 state governors urging them to attend.

The meeting will be the second since the forum split into two following disagreement over the May 24 election during which Mr. Amaechi was re-elected chairman after he beat his Plateau State counterpart, Jonah Jang, by 19 votes to 16.

According to the invitation to next week’s meeting obtained by PREMIUM TIMES, the forum which meets at the Rivers State Governors Lodge, Asokoro, Abuja, will discuss the disagreement that trailed its May 24 election, its strategic plan for 2013 – 2015, oil theft in the country, polio eradication initiative and others.

Also, Mr Amaechi, as chairman, the draft agenda for the meeting says, will give a brief opening remarks covering fresh and subsisting litigations, update on Federation Account Allocation committee, FAAC, Excess Crude Account, ECA, and Sovereign Wealth Fund, SWF, update on State Peer Review Mechanism, SPRIM, investment conferences in the US and Russia and other issues.

It was learnt that Mr Amaechi extended the invitation to all the 16 governors in the faction of the Forum led by Mr Jang.

The governors in the Jang faction are Emmanuel Uduaghan (Delta), Ibrahim Shema (Katsina), Isa Yuguda (Bauchi), Idris Wada (kogi) Theodore Orji (Abia), Sullivan Chime (Enugu), Liyel Imoke (Cross River), Godswill Akapbio (Akwa Ibom), Martin Elechi (Ebonyi), Peter Obi (Anambra), Gabriel Suswam (Benue), Ibrahim Dankwambo (Gombe), Garba Umar (Taraba), Saidu Dakingari (Kebbi), Ramalan Yero (Kaduna), and Olusegun Mimiko, who is the deputy chairman of the faction.

Those in the Amaechi faction are Musa Kwamkwaso (Kano), Aliyu Wamakko (Sokoto), Sule Lamido (Jigawa), Shettima Mustapha (Borno), Ibrahim Gaidam (Yobe), Babangida Aliyu (Niger), and Abdulaziz Yari (Zamfara), who is the chairman of the faction.

Others are Babatunde Fashola (Lagos), Abiola Ajimobi (Oyo), Rauf Aregbesola (Osun), Adams Oshiomhole (Edo), Rochas Okorocha (Imo), Ibikunle Amosun (Ogun), Murtala Nyako (Adamawa), Kayode Fayemi (Ekiti) and Tanko Al-Makura (Nasarawa).

Until last August 31 when he joined other members of the PDP to form the “New” PDP, the Kwara State Governor, Abdulfatah Ahmed was attending the meetings called by the Jang faction.

The Amaechi faction had planned to hold its first meeting two months ago but postponed it following their invitation to a dinner organised by President Goodluck Jonathan at the Presidential Villa.

Members of the faction moved from the Rivers State Governors Lodge venue of the meeting to the dinner. At the dinner, Mr Amaechi was prevented from moving close to the president to exchange greetings.

On its part, the Jang faction has met twice since the crisis broke out.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/144640-exclusive-amaechi-invites-jang-faction-governors-forum-meeting.html

Oakley Sunglasses

Re: Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting by camelus: 4:07am On Sep 14, 2013
Pukkah:

Point of correction:

@ Ops are u from Mars, Let Gov Amaechi go and assent Bills from National Assembly let me see how it becomes Law. That urrr Pro Amaechi should not make u loose ur senses.
Also note that Nigeria iss practising Federal cum Presidential System of Govt.
Then go and educate urself about "Executive Power"
Re: Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting by kabba7(m): 5:05am On Sep 14, 2013
[quote author=atlwireles]

You have not enlightened me yet, what are his responsibilities as the chair of NGF. Please state the responsibility of NGF. I know the responsibility of House, Senate, local governments. They are all enshrined in the constitution, but I have seen such for the NGF. [/quot

WhaT is the constitutional ROLE of the office of the FIRST LADY
Running around the globe in a FG owned privatre jet and attempting to boss state. Governors of the SS region plus
erecting hotels with stolen funds ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mohammed Bello Adoke: Tinubu’s Close Ally Engineered His CCT Trial / Oby Ezekwesili At WEF: Xenophobia Caused By African Politicians / Christian Iweka & Faith Obasuy Dump PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.