Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,379 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:21 AM

Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting (19114 Views)

Wike And Aregbesola's Funny Encounter At Governor's Forum Meeting / Photos From The Northern Governors' Forum Meeting In Kaduna Yesterday / Fayose To Governors: Cut Your Minimum Wives Not Wages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting by Kanwulia: 5:22am On Sep 14, 2013
*Deleted. . .Wrong Thread*! kiss
Re: Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting by lwise(m): 5:33am On Sep 14, 2013
Reuben Abati,
Tell his excellency to stop any meeting of any faction of governors forum anywhere in Nigeria.He should make a nationwide broadcast or make a press release that there is an intelligent report that some people/governors are planing to destabilize the already heated up nation due to their clear selfish interest.No governors forum meeting must hold till the differences between the warring factions of governors forum are resolved.He should see this as an attempt to divide Naigeria.

Ameshi is the most senseless governor that ever lived,GeJ now you have my support
Re: Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting by Nobody: 5:39am On Sep 14, 2013
figment232: Mister Amaechi is a sturbborn GOAT
excuse me!! So he shuld be crawling on all fours for whoeva. He is a democraticaly elected govnor. Pls wait until u bcom a leader then u bhave like mumu.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting by Bright2(m): 5:50am On Sep 14, 2013
I think this will be another opportunity for me to do proper counting of those 19 that voted him if they will boldly attend! cool
Re: Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting by Nobody: 5:51am On Sep 14, 2013
lwise: Reuben Abati,
Tell his excellency to stop any meeting of any faction of governors forum anywhere in Nigeria.He should make a nationwide broadcast or make a press release that there is an intelligent report that some people/governors are planing to destabilize the already heated up nation due to their clear selfish interest.No governors forum meeting must hold till the differences between the warring factions of governors forum are resolved.He should see this as an attempt to divide Naigeria.

Ameshi is the most senseless governor that ever lived,GeJ now you have my support
are u sure u are not senselessly and cluelessly condeming amechi. because he has stated the agenda of the meeting in black n white. PDP house of confusion, d greedy and thieves.
Re: Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting by Nobody: 5:58am On Sep 14, 2013
PAT4HOT:
Keep quiet if u dnt have anything to say.....u r among dos fools dat believes dat16 is greater than 19
i wonder o o
Re: Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting by Nobody: 6:08am On Sep 14, 2013
Pukkah:

Point of correction:

This is a federal system of government. The President is not above any of the Governors.

The President (or FG) exists because the Governors (or states) exist and not the other way round.

You should note this for your future comments.

This is why I smile at some people's ignorance when they say that some Governors (or Amaechi) are being rude because they're not towing the path of Mr President (their 'master').

I also laugh at their ignorancity and mumunity (sori 4 d vocab) hon pat i hale.
Re: Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting by musb92yahooco: 6:09am On Sep 14, 2013
Kai amaechi na strong man up amaechi no going back
Re: Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting by Donjazzy12(m): 6:12am On Sep 14, 2013
This is exactly why we may never advance politically as a country. A man won his forum elections, the president enthrones a stooge who lost to do his bidding and you all say the man that won the election should bow to the president! Nothing can be more silly! Amaechi continues to attract my respect. I am waiting for all those who support Jang to ever make comment about Nigeria and I will lambast them to hell. Bunch of hypocrites!

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting by Nobody: 6:30am On Sep 14, 2013
Find Out!:

Look, we are not debating Amaechi's performance as governor here. Even if he is more incompetent than GEJ (if that is possible), the fact is that GEJ's crew are wrongly harrassing this man. the police issue, the 5 members attempted impeachment, the Governors forum issue. What is bad is bad, no matter who is concerned and we should learn to condemn it. If Amaechi is non-performing, or corrupt, by all means, crucify him FOR THAT if you will but do not use that as a reason to justify harrassment from a fellow elected public official (& his unelected overbearing wife) like himself who, if it counts for anything, grossly under-performed when he was a Governor of an equally rich (in terms of allocation) & much smaller state than Rivers and who is also currently grossly under-performing as President.
God go BLESS u. This is the pure truth and some bad followers in this community of Nland of the bad rulers in this country must be told. D TRUTH.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting by Nobody: 6:39am On Sep 14, 2013
OdionOdion: Truly you are a product of community primary/secondary schools with 3 credits in four sittings.Sorry
so ur 16 > 19 ? Sori 4 ur self
Re: Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting by Nten: 6:58am On Sep 14, 2013
figment232: Mister Amaechi is a sturbborn GOAT
Amaechi? A very stubborn man.
Re: Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting by Abdone(m): 7:34am On Sep 14, 2013
dis guy (Amechi) is givin Mr president sleeples 9t. though am indiferent in their game but d guy is always ahead of presidency.
Re: Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting by musiwa1j: 7:47am On Sep 14, 2013
Re: Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting by assu2013(m): 7:56am On Sep 14, 2013
Kingspin: This man now operates like he has a personal country. The 7 Northern Govs is riding upon of Amaechi's head.. Becareful, so that you dnt become one abandon tool.
Amaechi is been man of himself not allowing himself to control by your boss GEJ D other governors are control by your boss GEJ that why they are always Yes sir.
Re: Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting by roxell120(m): 7:58am On Sep 14, 2013
so many drama everywhere.have our politicians turn movie actors and producers? dont even know which to watch
Re: Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting by nairaarea: 7:59am On Sep 14, 2013
CHIBUIKE ROTIMI AMAECHI IS THE BEST GOVERNOR RIVERS STATE EVER HAD.
Re: Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting by Agwoden(m): 8:05am On Sep 14, 2013
ujoinme:

you are from akwa ibom yet you dont know the number of LGA in the state! lair
leave him 2 show d world his ignorance.
Re: Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting by Omen100(m): 8:48am On Sep 14, 2013
Like I have said early when these whole political roforofo games started between President Jonathan & Gov. CHIBUIKE ROTIMI AMAECHI & I will keep saying it that if the president is not careful enough he will be consumed by his zeal to bring Gov. Amaechi down.
Re: Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting by Pukkah: 8:51am On Sep 14, 2013
manny4life:

Really Mr. Pukkah?

According to the different levels of government, which is higher? The federal, then the states, and finally the City or Local Government. To say the President isn't above the governors is a mischievous attempt at deceit. The president has enumerated powers higher than any governor, and in certain cases, like emergencies, he would override governors orders. Then again, it's you Mr. Pukkah, I expected something more, not this.

The president exist not because of the Governors, but because of our system of government - a system of democracy, a democratic states governing under the Constitutional principles, AND NOT because of state governors. Heck, whether it's grouped by states, or regions or whatever, our system of government which provides a Constitution demands a president. Also to add, if we're to go by your logic, then the states (governors) exist because of the LG, now I see why states vowed under the NGF not to grant autonomy to LG.

Thank you bro.

Let me attempt to be clearer.

In our federal system, the head of the state and executive is the President whereas the states which together make up the federation are headed by Governors. The President is not only the head of the state and the government; he is also the commander in chief of the armed forces.

On the other hand, a governor is the executive head of his state. A state is not a province but a semi-autonomous entity that has powers not automatically granted to the federal government. It should be noted that a state is not subordinate to the federation but have ample powers in themselves. This is my point.

Although the president heads the federal government, the state governors are not his subordinates. However, the President should be respected because he is the symbol of the country's leadership and the leader of the nation. It should also be noted that a Governor that thinks differently from or is not subservient to the President should not be accused of being rude or disrespectful.

On another note, in a federalism power devolves from the states to the centre and not the other way round. Each state is governed by its own laws and they have the powers not granted automatically to the FG. While the federal government can enact laws governing the entire country, its powers are enumerated, or limited; it only has the specific powers allotted to it in the Constitution.

The situation we have today in Nigeria between the Governor and the LG Chairmen is not what we have between the President and the Governors. The states are the federating units whereas the LGs are not.

Although you can list out the levels of government (Federal, State, Local), it does not mean that one is superior to or the boss of the other. Each one of them has constitutionally assigned roles. This is why it may be better to see them as 'orders' of government and not 'levels'. Well, with the way it's operated in Nigeria today, a Governor is superior to the LG Chairman.

It is the practice of federalism in Nigeria that is faulty and not federalism itself. The military mentality has also not helped matters. We have created a monstrosity in Abuja, denied states of control of their resources, denied states the power to create LGs, denied them of responsibility for internal security, created states for political patronage, etc and therefore given the impression that we are practising a unitary system of government.
Re: Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting by Pukkah: 9:00am On Sep 14, 2013
camelus:
@ Ops are u from Mars, Let Gov Amaechi go and assent Bills from National Assembly let me see how it becomes Law. That urrr Pro Amaechi should not make u loose ur senses.
Also note that Nigeria iss practising Federal cum Presidential System of Govt.
Then go and educate urself about "Executive Power"

This is a federalism and not a monarchy or military rule or a unitary system. The executive powers of a President do not make a Governor subordinate to him within the federation.

Let me try to give you another example. Although the Police have the powers to arrest, does that make them your boss or superior to other citizens? But it is strange to hear that in Nigeria because the powers of arrest have been abused or bastardized.

If you refuse to help a policeman carry a bag, does that give him the right to arrest you 'just to show you that he can lock you up'?

We should do things properly.

If you choose to reply this post, try and temper your language. Don't get carried away.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting by size38: 9:10am On Sep 14, 2013
All ye who calls Amaechi names are all living in fears and slef pity. We have been living in fears for so long in this country that who ever rise to talk is seen as being stubborn. Amaechi, in u I blive. No one can intimidate u. Not even GEJ. Nigeria lacks men wit dogged heart to ask for their rights. And that's why we will remain poor, slaves and perish gradually.
Re: Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting by nursedebbie(f): 10:07am On Sep 14, 2013
It was 19 ova 16 ! Amaechi won d election ! Free n fair ! It was just an act of intimidation by GEJ if he had a personal issue wit amaechi he would have find another way to purnish him dan d method he use ! Anyway only God wil help us democracy democracy
Re: Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting by Pattey(m): 10:58am On Sep 14, 2013
omojand: How desperate can one get?

I'm wasn't a fan of Jonathan until this idiot and his northern conspirators showed their hand. What a desperate, insolent, greedy, arrogant slowpoke.

Now I'm all for GEJ - he gets my vote and support over these irritating desperados

Who says your 'future vote' for GEJ will count?

If the vote of 19 against 16 didn't count, am tempted to ask; in future elections, why will votes of inconsequential commoners and potential ignoramus like those of you against Amaechi count?

#not saying you and the rest of your kind are potential ignoramus and inconsequential commoners. . . Just tempted
Re: Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting by genxris: 11:50am On Sep 14, 2013
Just funny how every APC member is now a lover of PDP's Amechi and defending him while down in the south ,Amechi is regarded as a outcast already
Re: Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting by shejane: 1:24pm On Sep 14, 2013
Caling gej a disappointment is understatement nd 4 dose claping 4 him, I wonda d kind of dance he's dancing 4 d clap

Som1 caled gej lost fowl nd I rebuked d person bt inside me I kw he's more dan dat bt caling him names makes us d same

Wot was d prize of garri, fuel, kerosine, even beans, house rent b4 gej? Everytin is so costly in dis co3, I thot tins suppose 2b beta bt tins ar gting worse, y?

Pple supporting gej is all abt sentiment nt his achievements,instead of a northerner let gej be der is beta 4 dem

If gej did nuffn in his 1st tenure, I only wonda hw his 2nd tenure wil b. Lyk some pple wil say End tym tins
Re: Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting by Nobody: 1:31pm On Sep 14, 2013
Onye fe Eze, Eze elo ya. If u respect the king, someday you'll become king. Amaechi, we all know GEJ is not a saint, but likewise you. Use your Tongue to count your teeth
Re: Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting by shejane: 2:08pm On Sep 14, 2013
Ameachi is doing more dan gej wen he was a gov of rich bayelsa nd even as a president

Bt I kw rite 4m d begining dat gej wil do nuffn 4 dis co3, cos he did nuffn 4 bayelsa as a gov bt 2 drink. A man his security guards regard as drunkard

Ameachi (who kws tomorrow) continue d gud work uar doing nd nt gej or akpabio or wike or patience wil determine ur tomorrow bt God, who eva said u didt win NGF let 16 be greater dan 19 in his or her election
Re: Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting by Wealthlex(m): 2:56pm On Sep 14, 2013
Amaichi let me honestly tell u d trust,u re d wastest bowbow in dis country,u we never rule dis country.anybody dat vote 4 u is a caward
Rochero: I think the sucess of this meeting will depend largely on d attendance of the governors drawn mainly from the Jang camp
Re: Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting by creativemusic: 7:43pm On Sep 14, 2013
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Amaechi Invites Jang Faction To Governors’ Forum Meeting by Lovysola: 10:57pm On Sep 14, 2013
Amaechi pls suspend this meeting for now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Is One Of Bisi Akande's Sons: Tinubu Celebrates Akande At 82 / Jonathan To Drop Maku, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle / President Jonathan Commissions 750MW Olorunsogo Power Plant (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.