Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,583 members, 7,812,908 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:01 PM

How To Become An Atheist - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Become An Atheist (22994 Views)

How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? / Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist / Why I Am Not An Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:16pm On Sep 24, 2013
Gombs:

Ok, lemme don't assume..pls furnish me with a detailed account of how the universe and man came about.

Lemme helep them. The theory of evolution - The Big bang theory.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/am/v8/n4/big-bang-evolution-of-theory

Re: How To Become An Atheist by Femmymata2(m): 9:24pm On Sep 24, 2013
God is Nothing? quite interesting. What more can i say...
Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:03am On Sep 25, 2013
Femmymata2:

God is Nothing? quite interesting. What more can i say...

I didn't say that, you did. cool
Re: How To Become An Atheist by Kay17: 1:59pm On Sep 25, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Through God's record of cause. He didn't leave us without a witness. As I said before, the infinite Omniscient God is outside of time, to Him a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. He sees time past, present and future in a stretch. He knows everything thing before it happens because He created time. He is not bound by time and He sees all life and history from start to finish simultaneously. The Holy Scriptures attests to this through the holy prophets who God used to let folks know what was to happen. He knows all things before it happens. He knows how the universe began and how it will end and He has recorded this in the Bible for His children to know. And I know that it is true because prophecy and true science confirms His Words.

Unfortunately you are a witness to what's overreached greater than your limited knowledge. It makes your witnessing untenable. How were you able to know God lives a second as a thousand years when your lifespan is miserably smaller. The problem with your kind, is you are too negligent and careless with lies!

The idea of God you espoused (as a fact) is well beyond your experience/witnessing, that only throws out your credibility!
Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:33pm On Sep 25, 2013
Kay 17:

Unfortunately you are a witness to what's overreached greater than your limited knowledge. It makes your witnessing untenable. How were you able to know God lives a second as a thousand years when your lifespan is miserably smaller. The problem with your kind, is you are too negligent and careless with lies!

With my limited knowledge and my physical senses I have the evidence of God's existence as I have said earlier. When I look at a building, how do I know that there was a builder? I couldn't want a better evidence that there was a builder than to have the building in front of me. I don't even need faith to know that there was a builder. All I need are eyes that can see and a brain that can think.

The same principle applies to the existence of God. When I look at creation, how can I know that there was a Creator? Creation reveals to me that there is a Creator. I couldn't want a better evidence that there is a Creator than to have the creation in front of me. I don't need faith to believe in a Creator, all I need are eyes that can see and a brain that can think.

"For the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse" (Romans 1:20).

But if I want the builder to do something for me, then I need to have faith in the builder. Likewise God, for

"Without faith it is impossible to please Him: for he that comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him" (Hebrews 11:6).

If you need to know more about God you need faith based on His Word and World.

Kay 17:

The idea of God you espoused (as a fact) is well beyond your experience/witnessing, that only throws out your credibility!

Turn the question around and lets whether you are dealing with facts here.

To be an atheist you must be certain that there is no God, are you certain? For you to be certain you must have absolute knowledge of everything. Let's say that you draw a circle which represents all the knowledge in the entire universe, to be certain that there is no God you must know how many hairs are upon every head, every thought of every human heart, every detail of history, every atom within every rock, and nothing is hidden from your eyes, you will be certain that you know the intimate details of the secret love-life of the fleas on the back of the black cat of Napolean's great-grandmother, you will be certain of what amount of gold or petroleum there is in China etc before you come to the conclusion that there is no God.
Re: How To Become An Atheist by Lordlexyy: 11:50pm On Sep 25, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

With my limited knowledge and my physical senses I have the evidence of God's existence as I have said earlier. When I look at a building, how do I know that there was a builder? I couldn't want a better evidence that there was a builder than to have the building in front of me. I don't even need faith to know that there was a builder. All I need are eyes that can see and a brain that can think.

The same principle applies to the existence of God. When I look at creation, how can I know that there was a Creator? Creation reveals to me that there is a Creator. I couldn't want a better evidence that there is a Creator than to have the creation in front of me. I don't need faith to believe in a Creator, all I need are eyes that can see and a brain that can think.

"For the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse" (Romans 1:20).

But if I want the builder to do something for me, then I need to have faith in the builder. Likewise God, for

"Without faith it is impossible to please Him: for he that comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him" (Hebrews 11:6).

To be an atheist you must be certain that there is no God, are you certain? For you to be certain you must have absolute knowledge of everything. Let's say that you draw a circle which represents all the knowledge in the entire universe, to be certain that there is no God you must know how many hairs are upon every head, every thought of every human heart, every detail of history, every atom within every rock, and nothing is hidden from your eyes, you will be certain that you know the intimate details of the secret love-life of the fleas on the back of the black cat of Napolean's great-grandmother, you will be certain of what amount of gold or petroleum there is in China etc before you come to the conclusion that there is no God.

OLA, once again, you have nailed it. There's absolutely no point engaging folks whose heart God has given to deception. Like you rightly said, absolute knowledge is what that is required to wholly accept anything as true or false. I can't stop thinking how somebody wakes up one day to claim that one unconfirmed big bang fallacy created everything; animals, humans, plants, even my precious thoughts and consciousness which is totally abstract. What beautiful nonesense! Any way, God has described them long b4 they surface, so i'm not surprise. This contention is obviously a fulfilment of God's prophecy in the bible. Good riddance. All the same, thanks for exposing their foolishness by schooling them on a suppose issue they claim to know much. This is God's wisdom working in you.
Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:31am On Sep 26, 2013
PJ Venneman Said: "2 Samuel 12:14-18. This is an evil practice. Undertaken by your omnipotent, omniscient god. Your god is downright evil thank goodness there's no evidence he exists."

Ray Comfort Answers: "You are an atheist, so for you it didn't happen and God didn't do anything wrong because He doesn't exist. It's like continually complaining that Cinderella's fairy Godmother turned her coach back into a pumpkin."

Watch -> www.EvolutionVsGod.com
Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:47am On Sep 26, 2013
Lordlexyy:

OLA, once again, you have nailed it. There's absolutely no point engaging folks whose heart God has given to deception. Like you rightly said, absolute knowledge is what that is required to wholly accept anything as true or false. I can't stop thinking how somebody wakes up one day to claim that one unconfirmed big bang fallacy created everything; animals, humans, plants, even my precious thoughts and consciousness which is totally abstract. What beautiful nonesense! Any way, God has described them long b4 they surface, so i'm not surprise. This contention is obviously a fulfilment of God's prophecy in the bible. Good riddance. All the same, thanks for exposing their foolishness by schooling them on a suppose issue they claim to know much. This is God's wisdom working in you.

God bless you brother, God is the only One who speaks with certainty and His Word are certain. It has all the answers of mankind. The Bible tells us that everything was created by God and nothing evolved. By reading the account of creation in the Bible we will see many historical events concerning the beginning of this world and through the application of science we can confirm that God's account of creation is true.

We see that every creature was given the ability to reproduce after its own kind, dogs only produce dogs, cats produce cats. They both don't produce what is called part cat and part dog together. Dogs began as dogs and still remain dogs even though they may vary in species and this is exactly what we observe in the real world today. God made apes as apes, and man as man, there are no shred of evidence that there were ape-like creatures. We observe that each creature brings forth after its own kind. It is Darwinian evolution that says that man comes from another kind which we do not observe. We are able to confirm all this through good science and logical reasoning.
Re: How To Become An Atheist by Femmymata2(m): 8:24am On Sep 26, 2013
Not every athiest believe the big b.ang theory. ATHIESM = Is the belief that God doesn't exist.shikena
Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:47am On Sep 26, 2013
Femmymata2:

Not every athiest believe the big b.ang theory. ATHIESM = Is the belief that God doesn't exist.shikena

God doesn't believe in atheists because they don't exist.
Re: How To Become An Atheist by Nobody: 8:53am On Sep 26, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

God doesn't believe in atheists because they don't exist.

But you do... wink
Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:03am On Sep 26, 2013
voltron:

But you do... wink

No. They don't exist.
Re: How To Become An Atheist by Femmymata2(m): 9:53am On Sep 26, 2013
Mr OLAADEGBU do not exist. Lol
Re: How To Become An Atheist by Kay17: 10:00am On Sep 26, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

You are either deceptive or indulging in self deceit.

The causal connection between a builder and a house, is that of experience. No man can claim as a result of a priori knowledge that houses are built by men, rather he acquires such knowledge by experience.

The deception you tried pulling is: a fallacy of over-generalization of claiming that all systems including the universe is created. When in actual fact you ought to establish an experiential causal link between the Universe and God.

2. As your second point, my stand as an atheist (quasi atheist) on a priori objections to the nature of God (as defined). You have claimed God is a contradiction. I need not provide all the knowledge in the world, to point that out.
Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:19am On Sep 26, 2013
Femmymata2:

Mr OLAADEGBU do not exist. Lol

I know he exists because he was looking at me the last time I checked the mirror. tongue

Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:59am On Sep 26, 2013
Kay 17:

You are either deceptive or indulging in self deceit.

I said the truth and I did not lie, by accusing me of lying you at least concede that you believe in moral absolutes (the 9th commandment) and that truth is not relative.

Kay 17:

The causal connection between a builder and a house, is that of experience. No man can claim as a result of a priori knowledge that houses are built by men, rather he acquires such knowledge by experience.

And which "priori knowledge" told you that metal, left to itself, would eventually form into engines, transmissions, wheels and all the other intricate parts needed to produce a car?

Kay 17:

The deception you tried pulling is: a fallacy of over-generalization of claiming that all systems including the universe is created. When in actual fact you ought to establish an experiential causal link between the Universe and God.

You need fresh glasses to read the scientific evidence that there had to be a God in the first page of this thread.

Kay 17:

2. As your second point, my stand as an atheist (quasi atheist) on a priori objections to the nature of God (as defined). You have claimed God is a contradiction. I need not provide all the knowledge in the world, to point that out.

For you to be an atheist you need all the knowledge in the world and since you don't you cannot call yourself an atheist.

The Almighty infinite Omniscient God has all knowledge. God who is immaterial (Spirit) knows all things through His Spirit and He has let me into part of this knowledge with the love letter He left for those who have faith in Him.

"For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knows all things" (1 John 3:20).

God even takes out time to attend to sparrows' funeral:

"Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father" (Matthew 10:29).

God knows the number of hairs on our head:

"But the very hairs of your head are all numbered" (Matthew 10:30).

Your inner thoughts sounds aloud in the corridors of heaven (see Psalm 139:1-7);

Verses 13-16 tells us that the Spirit of God permeates the whole earth. God began with the chemical substances in the earth before He came to use the dust to make us. We are truly fearfully and wonderfully made.
Re: How To Become An Atheist by jayriginal: 11:00am On Sep 26, 2013
Lordlexyy: Like you rightly said, absolute knowledge is what that is required to wholly accept anything as true or false.

Spot the irony. I doubt you can though.

Let me help. Given your statement above, and the fact that you accept your religion as true, then you claim absolute knowledge. Laughable.

By comparison, atheism does not claim absolute knowledge. It simply says when you can prove your point, we will accept.

Spot the difference!
Re: How To Become An Atheist by jayriginal: 11:03am On Sep 26, 2013
OLAADEGBU:
For you to be an atheist you need all the knowledge in the world and since you don't you cannot call yourself an atheist.

You persist knowingly in this falsehood because thats the only way you can convince yourself that you have anything worth saying.
Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:08am On Sep 26, 2013
jayriginal:

Spot the irony. I doubt you can though.

Let me help. Given your statement above, and the fact that you accept your religion as true, then you claim absolute knowledge. Laughable.

He did not claim absolute knowledge, we do have connection with the One who has absolute knowledge and that makes are faith certain.

jayriginal:

By comparison, atheism does not claim absolute knowledge. It simply says when you can prove your point, we will accept.

Spot the difference!

For you to be certain that there is no God you need to have absolute knowledge, and in the absence of this you are not qualified to be called an atheist.
Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:12am On Sep 26, 2013
jayriginal:

You persist knowingly in this falsehood because thats the only way you can convince yourself that you have anything worth saying.

Why is this falsehood? Oh you too believe in absolute morality. Do you have absolute knowledge? If not why do you say with certainty that there is no God?
Re: How To Become An Atheist by Kay17: 1:20pm On Sep 26, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

And which "priori knowledge" told you that metal, left to itself, would eventually form into engines, transmissions, wheels and all the other intricate parts needed to produce a car?

Good question! What if I said cars self assemble, how would you disprove that satisfactorily?
Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:03pm On Sep 26, 2013
Kay 17:

Good question! What if I said cars self assemble, how would you disprove that satisfactorily?

I don't answer hypothetical questions. Are you saying for sure that cars can self assemble without the input of human intelligence?
Re: How To Become An Atheist by Kay17: 7:58pm On Sep 26, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

I don't answer hypothetical questions. Are you saying for sure that cars can self assemble without the input of human intelligence?

What if I said so?! How would you disprove me? You will disprove me by referring me to the fact our knowledge of the causal connection btw a carmaker and a car is by experience. That would be the solid proof. However such proof can not be used in the case of God and the Universe.
Re: How To Become An Atheist by jayriginal: 9:38am On Sep 27, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Why is this falsehood? Oh you too believe in absolute morality. Do you have absolute knowledge? If not why do you say with certainty that there is no God?

I have never said anywhere that there is no God.
Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:38am On Sep 28, 2013
Kay 17:

What if I said so?! How would you disprove me? You will disprove me by referring me to the fact our knowledge of the causal connection btw a carmaker and a car is by experience. That would be the solid proof. However such proof can not be used in the case of God and the Universe.

What experience of yours makes you arrive at the conclusion that the theory of poo-to-you-via-the-zoo is solid proof?
Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:40am On Sep 28, 2013
jayriginal:

I have never said anywhere that there is no God.

Good. Do you believe in Darwinian evolution?
Re: How To Become An Atheist by jayriginal: 9:50am On Sep 28, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Good. Do you believe in Darwinian evolution?

Evolution is not something to be "believed". Theres no faith to it.

And what the hell is "Darwinian" evolution? What type of evolution do you "believe" in?
Re: How To Become An Atheist by Kay17: 11:04am On Sep 28, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

What experience of yours makes you arrive at the conclusion that the theory of poo-to-you-via-the-zoo is solid proof?

I don't understand what you said.
Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:21pm On Sep 28, 2013
jayriginal:

Evolution is not something to be "believed". Theres no faith to it.

And what the hell is "Darwinian" evolution? What type of evolution do you "believe" in?

So you don't know what is called Darwinian evolution?
Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:28pm On Sep 28, 2013
Kay 17:

I don't understand what you said.

I'm sorry, I meant the theory of goo-to-zoo-to-you
Re: How To Become An Atheist by ooman(m): 5:45pm On Sep 28, 2013
here reek of illiteracy

1 Like

Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:47am On Sep 30, 2013
ooman:

here reek of illiteracy

Are you also a wannabe atheist? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Worshipers Fight At AIPCA Church In Kenya Over Who Should Lead Day's Service / Pastor Loses Election In Anambra, Faints / 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.