Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,557 members, 7,812,783 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:17 PM

How To Become An Atheist - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Become An Atheist (22992 Views)

How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? / Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist / Why I Am Not An Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Become An Atheist by Lordlexyy: 11:36am On Oct 05, 2013
OLA, may the wisdom of God continue to guide you even as you revealed the eternal truth to them. After this, we shall leave them with no excuses. Thank you sir.
Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:37pm On Oct 07, 2013
Lordlexyy:

OLA, may the wisdom of God continue to guide you even as you revealed the eternal truth to them. After this, we shall leave them with no excuses. Thank you sir.

Amen and God bless you sir. They should know that the fear of God is the beginning of wisdom.
Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:36pm On Oct 07, 2013
Kay 17:

If the Omniscient God had knowledge of the Pharoah's mind, why did he bother hardening it, if it was hardened?!

In another breath, you said the Pharoah allowed God to harden his heart, and yet you insisting before that God didn't harden the pharoah's heart! Which are you saying?!

Going back to the analogy of the clay and the wax in the sun. The responsibility of the hardening and melting of the clay and wax lies soley in the hands of the substances (clay and wax). We as human beings are more responsible than these substances as we are free moral agents who can make proper choices. The only sense in which God hardened Pharaoh's heart was in giving him an opportunity to harden his own heart or obey. The Omnipotent, Omniscient and Omnipresent God gives everyone of us this opportunity to choose to obey or disobey. If we accept His mercy He will give it to us and if we will not accept mercy but choose to harden our hearts it can only be just and righteous for God to give us our just deserts.
Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:09pm On Oct 07, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0u3-2CGOMQ

I wish any of you wannabe "atheists" are courageous enough to answer the questions your professors couldn't in this videoclip.

This is a follow up on the Evoluton Vs God video. See how Ray Comfort responds to the Atheists' accusations (blackmail).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYnzu26ifYA
Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:00pm On Oct 07, 2013
ooman:

^^guy, you be mumu,

Thank God you're wrong. tongue

Re: How To Become An Atheist by wiegraf: 5:55pm On Oct 07, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Was that because I mentioned the "H" word?

Yes, but not in the way to think. It's simply nice to know that you would worship a god that dishes out punishments like hell fire because you are afraid of said god. It's a very noble cause.

1 Like

Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:27pm On Oct 07, 2013
wiegraf:

Yes, but not in the way to think. It's simply nice to know that you would worship a god that dishes out punishments like hell fire because you are afraid of said god. It's a very noble cause.

You atheists think alike. Read this conversation between an atheist and a Christian and see the answer to your question.

David Estes Said: "I wouldn't have a problem with Hell if we were punished in proportion to how we hurt others. But eternity in a lake of fire is way beyond that."

Ray: My advice would be to get right with God, then try and work out the concept of what the Bible calls “eternal punishment.” There are certain facts of which you are probably not aware and so they are not entering the equation--such as the absolute holiness of God (a concept beyond human understanding), and that “sin” isn’t primarily about hurting others. When we sin we violate God’s moral Law (the Ten Commandments) and sin against a morally perfect Creator. You are also probably not bringing the withdrawal of the dimension of time into your reckoning. In eternity, time will be withdrawn. It won’t exist. Such a state is beyond our comprehension.

If I rejected a belief in gravity because I thought it was overly harsh (it has killed millions), it doesn’t change its reality. The reality is that death exists, and the Scriptures warn that if you die in your sins you will be justly damned. You will end up in God’s prison, without parole. However, He is rich in mercy and offers you forgiveness. Take it before it’s too late. Repent of your sins and trust alone in Jesus, and you will know the truth and the truth will make you free.

Watch Evolution Vs God Free -> http:///19l86Ea
Re: How To Become An Atheist by wiegraf: 8:40pm On Oct 07, 2013
^^^

Has little to do with what I posted. Do you, or do you not fear this hell, a product of the 'absolutely holy' god of yours, and find this fear an acceptable reason to conform to your gods whims? Do you also accept that you are threatening us to conform with punishment, ie, extort?

OLAADEGBU:

You atheists think alike. Read this conversation between an atheist and a Christian and see the answer to your question.

David Estes Said: "I wouldn't have a problem with Hell if we were punished in proportion to how we hurt others. But eternity in a lake of fire is way beyond that."

Ray: My advice would be to get right with God, then try and work out the concept of what the Bible calls “eternal punishment.” There are certain facts of which you are probably not aware and so they are not entering the equation--such as the absolute holiness of God (a concept beyond human understanding), and that “sin” isn’t primarily about hurting others. When we sin we violate God’s moral Law (the Ten Commandments) and sin against a morally perfect Creator. You are also probably not bringing the withdrawal of the dimension of time into your reckoning. In eternity, time will be withdrawn. It won’t exist. Such a state is beyond our comprehension.

Conveniently, mysteriousnesneses. I have a bridge in lagos island I want to sell to you. How did I come to possess one and how could you possibly posses it as well? Don't worry about it, it is beyond your comprehensive abilities.

And how did your god become 'morally perfect'? Did he just create his a moral code then call it perfect as it fits his whims, or is he subject to some sort of objective laws, eg the laws of logic, and set out to become perfect by those standards?

OLAADEGBU:
If I rejected a belief in gravity because I thought it was overly harsh (it has killed millions), it doesn’t change its reality. The reality is that death exists, and the Scriptures warn that if you die in your sins you will be justly damned. You will end up in God’s prison, without parole. However, He is rich in mercy and offers you forgiveness. Take it before it’s too late. Repent of your sins and trust alone in Jesus, and you will know the truth and the truth will make you free.

Other realies include
-these are claims made by ignorant bronze age tribes, from a time when the round wheel was a novel invention and people thought the world flat.
-They come from a book that features talking snakes and fires.
-If these beliefs were not tagged with 'religion', considering your zealousness, you'd very likely be in a psychiatric ward at the moment.

1 Like

Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:37am On Oct 08, 2013
wiegraf:

^^^

Has little to do with what I posted. Do you, or do you not fear this hell, a product of the 'absolutely holy' god of yours, and find this fear an acceptable reason to conform to your gods whims? Do you also accept that you are threatening us to conform with punishment, ie, extort?

"And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell" (Matthew 10:28).

The fear of God is the beginning of wisdom. Do you fear this God?

wiegraf:

Conveniently, mysteriousnesneses. I have a bridge in lagos island I want to sell to you. How did I come to possess one and how could you possibly posses it as well? Don't worry about it, it is beyond your comprehensive abilities.

And how did your god become 'morally perfect'? Did he just create his a moral code then call it perfect as it fits his whims, or is he subject to some sort of objective laws, eg the laws of logic, and set out to become perfect by those standards?

Wrong analogy. Godisnothing.

In Christianity, we believe and know that God created us in His own image and that God has the right to set rules for our behaviour. In your atheistic worldview, How do you account for the existence and nature of laws? Such as the laws of morality, the laws of nature and the laws of logic?

wiegraf:

Other realies include
-these are claims made by ignorant bronze age tribes, from a time when the round wheel was a novel invention and people thought the world flat.

It was those ancient scientists that believed that the earth was flat. Prophet Isaiah said in Isa.40:22 that the earth was round and it only took the recent scientists 2,400 years to discover that indeed the earth was round (sphere).

wiegraf:

-They come from a book that features talking snakes and fires.

God is not subject to chemical reactions. He can suspend the laws of nature whenever the needs arise.

wiegraf:

-If these beliefs were not tagged with 'religion', considering your zealousness, you'd very likely be in a psychiatric ward at the moment.

Atheists are clinically intellectual schizophrenic. You believe in God but you are believing that you don't believe in God. If that is not a mental case I don't know what else is.
Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:15pm On Oct 09, 2013
To our atheist friends; Thank God you're wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYC7vZLQPWU
Re: How To Become An Atheist by ooman(m): 6:24pm On Oct 09, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

dumb, gravity doent threaten me with hell even if i refuse to believe in it. Dumb slave!

1 Like

Re: How To Become An Atheist by Joshthefirst(m): 6:30pm On Oct 09, 2013
ooman:

dumb, gravity doent threaten me with hell even if i refuse to believe in it. Dumb slave!
you call him a dumb slave and you can't even understand that simple illustration. Smh
Re: How To Become An Atheist by ooman(m): 6:39pm On Oct 09, 2013
Joshthefirst: you call him a dunb a dumb slave and you can't even understand that simple illustration. Smh

who did i quote and who is replying, or this the new deluded you?

anyway, there is nothing to understand up there, its just dumb
Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:30am On Oct 10, 2013
ooman:

We all know what happens to those who dare the law of gravity, most don't live to tell the story. At least you can't say that you don't believe in death, do you?

Re: How To Become An Atheist by ooman(m): 11:32am On Oct 10, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

We all know what happens to those who dare the law of gravity, most don't live to tell the story. At least you can't say that you don't believe in death, do you?

oh pls, are you now saying gravity to is conscious, conscious enough to punish disbelief?
Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:37am On Oct 10, 2013
Joshthefirst:

you call him a dumb slave and you can't even understand that simple illustration. Smh

What he doesn't know is that the dumb slave's got some solid rock on which he is standing on.

Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:50am On Oct 10, 2013
ooman:

oh pls, are you now saying gravity to is conscious, conscious enough to punish disbelief?

Let me describe my point again. Christians are not better than "atheists", but the Christian is infinitely better off. It is like two men on a plane, one of whom is wearing a parachute while the other disbelieves in it (the parachute) and thus doesn't put it on. Neither is better than the other, but the man with the parachute is certainly better off than the man who is not wearing a parachute. The difference will be seen when they jump from the plane at 30,000 feet. Our Lord Jesus Christ warned that if we jump into death without Him, we would perish.

Even harsher than the law of gravity is the law of an infinitely holy and just Creator. The Bible says that sinners are God's enemy (Romans 5:10) and that it is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God (Hebrews 10:31) The Evidence Bible.
Re: How To Become An Atheist by ooman(m): 1:38pm On Oct 10, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Let me describe my point again. Christians are not better than "atheists", but the Christian is infinitely better off. It is like two men on a plane, one of whom is wearing a parachute while the other disbelieves in it (the parachute) and thus doesn't put it on. Neither is better than the other, but the man with the parachute is certainly better off than the man who is not wearing a parachute. The difference will be seen when they jump from the plane at 30,000 feet. Our Lord Jesus Christ warned that if we jump into death without Him, we would perish.

Even harsher than the law of gravity is the law of an infinitely holy and just Creator. The Bible says that sinners are God's enemy (Romans 5:10) and that it is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God (Hebrews 10:31) The Evidence Bible.

Why would they wanna jumb? And if there is a plane crash, your parachute can't save you... One wonders how many people have survived plane crash by parachute? You won't have enough time to use it. So once again, you are only wasting your life worshiping a dead white guy.

1 Like

Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:26pm On Oct 10, 2013
ooman:

Why would they wanna jumb? And if there is a plane crash, your parachute can't save you... One wonders how many people have survived plane crash by parachute? You won't have enough time to use it. So once again, you are only wasting your life worshiping a dead white guy.

What is the probability that you're gonna die someday? The crux of my story is that if you have to jump out of a plane that has developed engines failure 30,000 ft in the air and you jump without putting on a parachute, your chance of surviving is between slim and none, and slim as long gone out of town. It is even harsher if you jump through the gates of death (which is inevitable) and you jump without putting on Jesus Christ, would lead to the second death, which is harsher than the first death.
Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:31pm On Oct 10, 2013
Job stated,

" made a decree for the rain, and a way for the lightning of the thunder" (Job 28:26).

Centuries later, scientists began to discern the "decrees [rules] for the rain." Rainfall is part of a process called the "water cycle." The sun evaporates water from the ocean. The water vapour then rises and becomes clouds. This water in the clouds falls back to earth as rain, and collects in streams and rivers, then makes its way back to the ocean. That process repeats itself again and again. About 300 years ago, Galileo discovered this cycle. But amazingly the Scriptures described it centuries before. The prophet Amos (9:6) wrote that God "calls for the water of the sea, and pours them out upon the face of the earth." Scientists are just beginning to fully understand God’s "decrees for the rain."

[From, The Evidence Bible] -> http:///1bEnd2s
Re: How To Become An Atheist by ooman(m): 6:13pm On Oct 10, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

What is the probability that you're gonna die someday? The crux of my story is that if you have to jump out of a plane that has developed engines failure 30,000 ft in the air and you jump without putting on a parachute, your chance of surviving is between slim and none, and slim as long gone out of town. It is even harsher if you jump through the gates of death (which is inevitable) and you jump without putting on Jesus Christ, would lead to the second death, which is harsher than the first death.

if i were to jump off a plane, you can be certain i ll have a parachute on

but when it comes to accepting a dead white guy as my lord and savior, i aint in on that tongue thats just too irrational sad

1 Like

Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:38pm On Oct 10, 2013
ooman:

if i were to jump off a plane, you can be certain i ll have a parachute on

but when it comes to accepting a dead white guy as my lord and savior, i aint in on that tongue thats just too irrational sad

You can't contradict yourself. If you know that it will be foolhardy to jump off a plane without a parachute, what makes you think it will be logical to jump through the gates of death without putting on Jesus Christ? Our Lord Jesus Christ is risen from the dead, He's risen and is alive to break your free fall into the abyss.

Re: How To Become An Atheist by UyiIredia(m): 12:30am On Oct 11, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

This is a follow up on the Evoluton Vs God video. See how Ray Comfort responds to the Atheists' accusations (blackmail).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYnzu26ifYA

Noted.
Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:58am On Oct 11, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Job stated,

" made a decree for the rain, and a way for the lightning of the thunder" (Job 28:26).

Centuries later, scientists began to discern the "decrees [rules] for the rain." Rainfall is part of a process called the "water cycle." The sun evaporates water from the ocean. The water vapour then rises and becomes clouds. This water in the clouds falls back to earth as rain, and collects in streams and rivers, then makes its way back to the ocean. That process repeats itself again and again. About 300 years ago, Galileo discovered this cycle. But amazingly the Scriptures described it centuries before. The prophet Amos (9:6) wrote that God "calls for the water of the sea, and pours them out upon the face of the earth." Scientists are just beginning to fully understand God’s "decrees for the rain."

You and I can only entertain one thought at a time. However, think for a moment about the infinitude of the thoughts of God. He doesn’t think as we do. He is omniscient—He knows all things. That means He never has an idea. If a concept suddenly came to Him, then He would be ignorant of the thought before it formed in His mind. However, God doesn’t have thoughts “come to His mind.” Because He is omniscient, His mind has all thoughts resident.
Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:05am On Oct 11, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Noted.

Dr. Colin Patterson, senior paleontologist, British Museum of Natural History, gave a keynote address at the American Museum of Natural History, New York City, in 1981. In it, he explains his sudden "anti-evolutionary" view:

"One morning I woke up and . . . it struck me that I had been working on this stuff for twenty years and there was not one thing I knew about it. That’s quite a shock to learn that one can be misled so long . . . I've tried putting a simple question to various people: ‘Can you tell me anything you know about evolution, any one thing, any one thing that is true?’ I tried that question on the geology staff at the Field Museum of Natural History and the only answer I got was silence. I tried it on the members of the Evolutionary Morphology Seminar in the University of Chicago, a very prestigious body of evolutionists, and all I got there was silence for a long time and eventually one person said, ‘I do know one thing—it ought not to be taught in high school.’"

See www.EvolutionVsGod.com and watch evolutionary scientists from UCLA and USC flounder like fish on a desert floor, as they try and think of evidence for evolution.
Re: How To Become An Atheist by ooman(m): 11:44am On Oct 11, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

You can't contradict yourself. If you know that it will be foolhardy to jump off a plane without a parachute, what makes you think it will be logical to jump through the gates of death without putting on Jesus Christ? Our Lord Jesus Christ is risen from the dead, He's risen and is alive to break your free fall into the abyss.

i already believe the Flying Pig is alive around me, and i have already put on the Flying Pig, i have no room for your dead man...
Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:45am On Oct 12, 2013
ooman:

i already believe the Flying Pig is alive around me, and i have already put on the Flying Pig, i have no room for your dead man...

Don't be intellectually schizophrenic. I've already presented the circumstantial evidence of the resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ on the first page and quoted here for you. Educate yourself and start being logical for once.

OLAADEGBU:

The fact that Abraham Lincoln was born, became president, or was assassinated cannot be proven using scientific methods.  To be scientific it must be repeatable (as in the testing of gravity).  The proofs that Lincoln did exist and was a historical figure are:

1. the written evidence,
2. eyewitness testimony,
3. physical evidence that remains to this day at the Ford Theatre, birth records and newspaper articles regarding his election.

All these facts are acceptable in a court of law as proof to a judge and jury.

Garry T. Ansdell (D.D.) made a case out of this when he stated that "The resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead is evidential:

1. the empty tomb still exists,
2. His birth record is documented all the way back to Adam and Eve,
3. the four Gospels record His death;
4. the location, even the names of the political leaders who sentenced Him are historically recorded;
5. there were more than five hundred eyewitnesses who saw Jesus after the resurrection, recorded by the New Testament writers;
6. the very existence of the Christian faith, based on His death and resurrection;
7. the cultural and political evidence at the time, including the Roman calender separating all of time into Before Christ (B.C.) and in the year of our Lord (A.D.)."

See -> www.needGod.com <-- Take the test!
Re: How To Become An Atheist by ooman(m): 9:08am On Oct 12, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Don't be intellectually schizophrenic. I've already presented the circumstantial evidence of the resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ on the first page and quoted here for you. Educate yourself and start being logical for once.

an empty tomb is not an evidence for a risen zombie, dont be intellectually dumb...

1 Like

Re: How To Become An Atheist by Emusan(m): 9:32am On Oct 12, 2013
OLAADEGBU: Job stated,

Even staying of water in atmosphere goes again the law of gravity. The vapour will be solidified before comes down as rain yet the ice won't fall down at once.

Job also provided us the answer in Job 26:8 "He boundeth up the waters in his thick clouds; and the cloud is not rent under them"
Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:15am On Oct 12, 2013
ooman:

an empty tomb is not an evidence for a risen zombie, dont be intellectually dumb...

Don't be mendacious. At least you believe that His empty tomb exists, you are getting there. grin
Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:17am On Oct 12, 2013
Emusan:

Even staying of water in atmosphere goes again the law of gravity. The vapour will be solidified before comes down as rain yet the ice won't fall down at once.

Job also provided us the answer in Job 26:8 "He boundeth up the waters in his thick clouds; and the cloud is not rent under them"

That's right. Science can only play catch up to the Scriptures.
Re: How To Become An Atheist by ooman(m): 10:41am On Oct 12, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Don't be mendacious. At least you believe that His empty tomb exists, you are getting there. grin

there are probably a billion and one empty tombs now that i believe are really empty, does that mean all the supposed dead in them arose?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Worshipers Fight At AIPCA Church In Kenya Over Who Should Lead Day's Service / Pastor Loses Election In Anambra, Faints / 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.