Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,330 members, 7,836,395 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:04 AM

Why Do People Trip In Their Dreams And Wake Up With A Jolt/twitch? Find Out... - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Do People Trip In Their Dreams And Wake Up With A Jolt/twitch? Find Out... (52339 Views)

Deadly Disease Hits Irele In Ondo, Victims Wake Up Blind, At Least 25 Dead / Reasons Why You Wake-up Feeling Tired After A Full Night's Rest / . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People Trip In Their Dreams And Wake Up With A Jolt/twitch? Find Out... by GorgeousReney(f): 9:11pm On Sep 15, 2013
I alwaaaayz experienx dis.....nd av bin lukin 4a reasonable explanatn 2 it...up till nw, av nt found any......
Most tymz wen am asleep(deeep sleep) nd am dreamin, weneva i fall, or jump dwn 4rm a high plaz, i alwaaaayz feel it in real lyf.....it's as if am bin givn an electric shock....ah donno y dis happenz....
Re: Why Do People Trip In Their Dreams And Wake Up With A Jolt/twitch? Find Out... by otijah(m): 9:21pm On Sep 15, 2013
Leobreezy: Yes, did you lose your glasses? I said MOVE not WALK. Read more carefully please.
u ar d one loosing ur glasses cause u dnt knw der ar similarities
btw move and walk
Re: Why Do People Trip In Their Dreams And Wake Up With A Jolt/twitch? Find Out... by badmeat(m): 9:36pm On Sep 15, 2013
I bleep too much in my dreams,and I don't wake until I'm done,abeg xplain am with science,smiley
Re: Why Do People Trip In Their Dreams And Wake Up With A Jolt/twitch? Find Out... by oluamid(m): 9:38pm On Sep 15, 2013
Mak'sjoy:
grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin were u known den as onikokol'ori?

You bet. grin
Re: Why Do People Trip In Their Dreams And Wake Up With A Jolt/twitch? Find Out... by rulegirl(f): 9:38pm On Sep 15, 2013
Sincere Bigot: .
wat is d need.
Re: Why Do People Trip In Their Dreams And Wake Up With A Jolt/twitch? Find Out... by demmy66: 9:43pm On Sep 15, 2013
Lagusta: I used to think I was attacked spiritually.....

Looks like everythng always has a scientific explanation
Lagusta I sight you, but you should be able to give us the medical explanation nah!!!. No matter how hard you try, you can't get who is behind this username.
Re: Why Do People Trip In Their Dreams And Wake Up With A Jolt/twitch? Find Out... by Infoay: 10:06pm On Sep 15, 2013
Ok! No wonder!
Re: Why Do People Trip In Their Dreams And Wake Up With A Jolt/twitch? Find Out... by Nobody: 10:11pm On Sep 15, 2013
musa ajebor: Mr Simon can u perform the art of inception? I need someone who is interested so that we can incept dangotes dream .seriously it works.
_

I actually can differentiate between fact and fiction.
Re: Why Do People Trip In Their Dreams And Wake Up With A Jolt/twitch? Find Out... by Jdesilentkiller(m): 10:18pm On Sep 15, 2013
bad meat: I bleep too much in my dreams,and I don't wake until I'm done,abeg xplain am with science,smiley

you may be a sex addict or some spirits are fooling around with you. pray hard.
Re: Why Do People Trip In Their Dreams And Wake Up With A Jolt/twitch? Find Out... by anthony500(m): 10:31pm On Sep 15, 2013
INCEPTION THE MOVIE
Re: Why Do People Trip In Their Dreams And Wake Up With A Jolt/twitch? Find Out... by kandiikane(m): 10:55pm On Sep 15, 2013
musa ajebor: Falling in dreams ican be traced back to our ancestors who slept on trees . Some people believe that if u dream that u are falling and then u land (ie drop to the ground), u will die in reality.how true is dat?

I was just about to mention this. My grandma told me too. She said when you're falling I.e from a cliff and you see yourself hit the ground you will die. She said if your time nor reach your body responses by jerking and waking you up.
Re: Why Do People Trip In Their Dreams And Wake Up With A Jolt/twitch? Find Out... by PStacks(m): 10:59pm On Sep 15, 2013
fr3do: Someone attacked me violently with deadly purpose,in the act of self defense,I moved back and returned with a flying kick,he fell to the ground.omo the guy felt the pain,as he was recovering I gave him another to the tummy,just as I was about to deliver one last blow I heard a voice,the voice was my sister's calling 'efe efe wake up u dey kick wall'.
Unfortunately for me in reality,I slept near a wall...

Oh! My God! Nairaland is full of Cruz mehn!
Re: Why Do People Trip In Their Dreams And Wake Up With A Jolt/twitch? Find Out... by twinstar210: 11:32pm On Sep 15, 2013

I don't know about any science explanation for this but I know mine stopped when I activated my prayer life. Just saying
Re: Why Do People Trip In Their Dreams And Wake Up With A Jolt/twitch? Find Out... by lorddarshwood(m): 12:39am On Sep 16, 2013
fr3do: Someone attacked me violently with deadly purpose,in the act of self defense,I moved back and returned with a flying kick,he fell to the ground.omo the guy felt the pain,as he was recovering I gave him another to the tummy,just as I was about to deliver one last blow I heard a voice,the voice was my sister's calling 'efe efe wake up u dey kick wall'.
This has happened to me several times but mine was kicking football but in reality I'm kicking the wall

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Trip In Their Dreams And Wake Up With A Jolt/twitch? Find Out... by Tobilexy: 12:41am On Sep 16, 2013

Re: Why Do People Trip In Their Dreams And Wake Up With A Jolt/twitch? Find Out... by Olive64(m): 3:06am On Sep 16, 2013
Wow! Nice to see my thread made it this far. My first Front page topic. I guess so many people experience this then... cool
Re: Why Do People Trip In Their Dreams And Wake Up With A Jolt/twitch? Find Out... by iamdsam: 4:14am On Sep 16, 2013
Funny. Very funny
Re: Why Do People Trip In Their Dreams And Wake Up With A Jolt/twitch? Find Out... by iamdsam: 4:18am On Sep 16, 2013
Noted
Re: Why Do People Trip In Their Dreams And Wake Up With A Jolt/twitch? Find Out... by Lilchilz(m): 7:05am On Sep 16, 2013
Ipheyemmy01:
which work are you doing.
jamb question enqlish lanquaqe no 42....mumu
Re: Why Do People Trip In Their Dreams And Wake Up With A Jolt/twitch? Find Out... by Lilchilz(m): 7:06am On Sep 16, 2013
Ipheyemmy01:
which work are you doing.
Re: Why Do People Trip In Their Dreams And Wake Up With A Jolt/twitch? Find Out... by rman: 8:37am On Sep 16, 2013
kandiikane:

I was just about to mention this. My grandma told me too. She said when you're falling I.e from a cliff and you see yourself hit the ground you will die. She said if your time nor reach your body responses by jerking and waking you up.

How did the your grandma figure out the kind of dream that kills?

Did the dead wake up to narrate what happened?
Re: Why Do People Trip In Their Dreams And Wake Up With A Jolt/twitch? Find Out... by Nobody: 9:11am On Sep 16, 2013
OP, you need to go and wash your Head at Bar Beach for midnite. Nigerian Airways are after you.
Re: Why Do People Trip In Their Dreams And Wake Up With A Jolt/twitch? Find Out... by seyijobi(m): 9:26am On Sep 16, 2013
Leobreezy: How about not being able to move in your dream, does that have a scientific explanation??

not been able to move in your dream or being conscious and not able to move your body, that occurence is called sleep paralysis.
Re: Why Do People Trip In Their Dreams And Wake Up With A Jolt/twitch? Find Out... by agohavivi(f): 9:50am On Sep 16, 2013
During a Christmas day church service as a teenager I was unfortunate to sit on the second row/pew during mass. I dosed off during the sermon and dreamt that I stepped on hot charcoal. I screamed and jerked only to wake up and see all eyes on me including the priest. I wished the ground could open and swallow me at that point. Worse still an old woman beside me asked in ibo, "nne o bu gini mere" "meaning what's wrong my dear" and in embarassment I answered "nothing" she turned to her busybody friends and told them I said nothing was wrong. The looks on their faces said, "we know your hands are not clean and the holy ghost fire is tormenting you". I couldn't look up till that service ended and till this day I don't go near the front seatt during church service.
Re: Why Do People Trip In Their Dreams And Wake Up With A Jolt/twitch? Find Out... by flavolar(f): 9:59am On Sep 16, 2013
What a relief...... @least nw i know its nt a spiritual attack.tanks a lot for d enlightenment
Re: Why Do People Trip In Their Dreams And Wake Up With A Jolt/twitch? Find Out... by Biolaolowo(f): 11:45am On Sep 16, 2013
I av been wondering seriously why dis jerk occurs cos my 3 siblings and myself experience dis jerk but thankz to dis post
Re: Why Do People Trip In Their Dreams And Wake Up With A Jolt/twitch? Find Out... by simdam500(m): 12:21pm On Sep 16, 2013
it happens, but i see it has things that are bound to happen in LIFE.... nothin else
Re: Why Do People Trip In Their Dreams And Wake Up With A Jolt/twitch? Find Out... by chieveboy(m): 12:42pm On Sep 16, 2013
For me its a recall of a situation whereby soul--the real person animating the flesh and blood, which neither sleeps and is a unit of awareness-- is returning from what we in Eckankar know and teach as a 'soul-travel' or perhaps a 'dream travel' experience. mostly it happens to adventurous persons; but that's not definitive--it happens to all-- cos when someone sleeps, they travel to other heavens( astral,causal,mental or 1st,2nd,3rd heavens etc) to have experiences or meet their departed loved ones. Its a natural phenomenon which science of course will discover more and more about so...people will have their own opinion about it, its OK. But their are people who developed that knack and could travel to these places for research, enjoying heavenly bliss, adventure etc...boldness and love are the primary requirements. chances are one is being trained by a teacher or guide. Therefore weather its a dream or a soul-travel experience, one actually was in a real destination and if one can be conscious enough, he or she can solve a lot of personal issues their...its strictly not a religious issue and doesn't matter your religion just as contact with air is not. Although one's religion may be of help in case one wonders what it is., and if not thought in your religion, one can look to science or wait for science. Good thing is in time, science will discover other phenomena and spiritual laws hitherto termed mystical or occultic (in nollywood sense of it) just as back in the days people like Galileo,Columbus, Einstein etc refuted popular belief and superstition. All is well though no matter what happens! Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Coin Removed From A Russian Man’s Nose After Being Stuck For More Than 50 Years / 10 Important Places To Note When Having Your Bath. / Aba Girls Start Having Sex & Regular Boyfriends At The Age Of 10 - Godwin Uwaoma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.