Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,299 members, 7,860,732 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 03:08 PM

DAILY MANNA Feeding On His Word Daily - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / DAILY MANNA Feeding On His Word Daily (424 Views)

Bishop (dr) Chris Kwakpovwe Of Our Daily Manna Sets Lagos Ablaze With Miracles / Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 / Feed On His Word By Pastor Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

DAILY MANNA Feeding On His Word Daily by hisableplc(m): 10:34am On Sep 14, 2013
Daily Manna: Selfless Love

Saturday 14, September 2013

TEXT: SONG OF SOLOMON 6:1-13

KEY VERSE: “I am my beloved’s, and my beloved is mine: he feedeth among the lilies” (Song of Solomon 6:3).

Princess Alice of the United Kingdom expressed her self-sacrificing love for her child with her life. William Gladstone who related the touching story of her death to the House of Commons noted that doctors had warned her never to kiss her little daughter who had diphtheria, as it could endanger her life by breathing the child’s breath.

When Alice got to her child’s bed and saw her struggling to breathe, she entirely forgot herself and took the little child into her arms to keep her from choking to death. While struggling for her life, the child said: “Momma, kiss me.” Alice, without thinking of herself, tenderly kissed her daughter. Immediately, she contracted the diphtheria and a few days later, she died. The Princess, therefore, became the first child of her mother, Queen Victoria, to die. Her mother outlived her by 20 years. But her death aroused a lot of emotions, as it espoused her real love for the child, which revealed that real love forgets self; real love knows no danger and real love does not count the cost.

Alice’s self-sacrificing love clearly explained the type of love we should have for God. Our text equally epitomised this. Sometimes, some people might misconstrue our depth of love and confidence in God. They might nickname us fanatics and offer to assist us seek the right way to God, particularly in our moments of challenges. The gullible might fall victim and become misled. But we should remain passionate in our love for Christ, the Bridegroom of the Church.

God created all men, but He has sincerely born again Christians as the apple of His eyes. So, we should develop a deep love for God so that we might live a life that is well pleasing to Him.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Many waters cannot quench love.

***Share your thoughts and what you've just learnt in the comments section below. Don't forget to SHARE.

(1) (Reply)

Did They Truly Go To Heaven? / A Prayer For Nigeria. / The Right Attitude – Winning Each Day Devotional

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.