Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,269 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:09 AM

D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times (16317 Views)

Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York / Video: Lets Get This Party STARted - Wizkid, D’Banj, M.I, 2face, Tiwa Savage / Mercury Records In The UK Signs D’banj (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times by strangest(m): 11:45am On Sep 15, 2013
"The flash of last year’s excellent smash hit “Oliver Twist.”. "

That's his best so far... Its Don Jazzy Again

1 Like

Re: D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times by Nonybb: 11:49am On Sep 15, 2013
Jesus is coming
Re: D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times by Lilchilz(m): 11:53am On Sep 15, 2013
webincomeplus:
What is this one saying?
shey na so book hard for u reach ni common enqlish u knw fit read na wa o...assu pls i fink is time for u to call off dis stupid srike....some people ar now qein worse day bi day

1 Like

Re: D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times by Pumpy: 12:07pm On Sep 15, 2013
Dbanj and Don Jazzy r better together. Its more of a synergy thing.

1 Like

Re: D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times by kaze4blues(m): 12:08pm On Sep 15, 2013
Its better we don't reply to the don jazy asslickers.

They can't see anything good in dbanj.

We also don't expect positive comments from them.

Some even said the two of them should come back again....its going to be a retrogressive move for dbanj.

Dbanj is going places...haters can hate

4 Likes

Re: D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times by Nobody: 12:10pm On Sep 15, 2013
A bloody paid review, of course. This guy should stop wasting money on yeye publicity and release hit tracks for us abeg. His career will die sooner than later if he continues this nonsensical style of using too much hype to cover his musical emptiness.

Wizkid/Starboy don release Caro wey dey burst our brain for club. . .in addition to his countless other recent hits
Wande Coal dey burst our brain with Rotate and The Kick
Davido dey terrorise dance floors with Skelewu and Gobe
Olamide dey kill us with Durosoke et al. . .

These small boys have been releasing hit after hit, yet agbaya like D'Banj is still deceiving himself with useless hype and telling us nonsense. Anyone that knows him should tell him to get back to the studio and release hit songs or die trying.

7 Likes

Re: D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times by manuelzz(m): 12:22pm On Sep 15, 2013
pro01: A bloody paid review, of course. This guy should stop wasting money on yeye publicity and release hit tracks for us abeg. His career will die sooner than later if he continues this nonsensical style of using too much hype to cover his musical emptiness.

Wizkid/Starboy don release Caro wey dey burst our brain for club. . .in addition to his countless other recent hits

These small boys have been releasing hit after hit, yet agbaya like D'Banj is still deceiving himself with useless hype and telling us nonsense. Anyone that knows him should tell him to get back to the studio and release hit songs or die trying.

Are u really sure it's the same oxygen we take in that u do...or have u started tryin' out other gases like nitrogen? undecided How can ur brain produce this much crap? u dey try o bros. angry

5 Likes

Re: D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times by dejai99: 12:25pm On Sep 15, 2013
pro01: A bloody paid review, of course. This guy should stop wasting money on yeye publicity and release hit tracks for us abeg. His career will die sooner than later if he continues this nonsensical style of using too much hype to cover his musical emptiness.

Gush..full of hatred for Dbanj
Anyway, I forgive u - hate no more!

1 Like

Re: D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times by manuelzz(m): 12:30pm On Sep 15, 2013
Yungwizzzy: piece of shitt sponsored by kanye mtceeew

Oh it's now sponsored by kanye? i thot u haters said that kanye dropped him? eja nla dey put u haters for confusion o cheesy

1 Like

Re: D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times by striker9(m): 12:51pm On Sep 15, 2013
Haters will always find excuse to another man success,awon oponu jati jati.
Re: D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times by ENDTIMES: 12:52pm On Sep 15, 2013
I like D'banj as much as I like Don Jazzy.

No one can prove if this review of dkm was paid for, the only reason one can suggest that may be because of the quality of the album.

With due respect to Dbanj, it just didn't measure up and hence the speculation.

Any fan of Dbanj that loves good music will definitely regret spending a whole N100 to buy d cd. Dbanj should hurry back to the studio for a better deal and trust me, the fans are waiting.
Re: D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times by omajali2003(m): 12:52pm On Sep 15, 2013
If you have got the cash, splash it. Why should we break our heads if the dude paid for the article. It is not unusual to pay for a piece of writing that promotes you or your work. There is so much envy in this nation.

1 Like

Re: D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times by mooregan(m): 12:55pm On Sep 15, 2013
The last time I checked Forbes rating, d man una d call milk seller is more banakable than d so called Eja nla. Ofcourse he knows he is a fish.

1 Like

Re: D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times by nickz(m): 12:57pm On Sep 15, 2013
Good Feat..........but his music is still wack undecided
Re: D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times by RedCard1(m): 12:58pm On Sep 15, 2013
JMOI: Paid review. Publicity stunt.
yeah but it's not bad. My fear is that D'banj can't sing to keep the review alive. That his "don't tell me nonsense" track is on my list of worst Naija songs of 2013. I still like him sha
Re: D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times by striker9(m): 1:02pm On Sep 15, 2013
manuelzz:

Are u really sure it's the same oxygen we take in that u do...or have u started tryin' out other gases like nitrogen? undecided How can ur brain produce this much crap? u dey try o bros. angry
Some people should be ignored,they are not worth replying.There entire lives is full of hatred.
Re: D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times by Nobody: 1:10pm On Sep 15, 2013
kaze4blues: Paid review?

That's what pathetic souls will say.

Even if dbanj wins grammy, some folks here will say its paid for.

If its paid, why can't don jazy pay for any of his artistes to be nominated or win an award category at the NEA. Not even tiwa savage?

It is certain dbanj is going places.

Haterz can hate

the mighty R Kelly that you know, how many grammys did he win?

yes, these things are payed for or simply politicized.... the very year Kelly released "Worlds greatest", the R and B king was conspicuously ignored by nominations and awards panel, yet the whole world was reeling at this great hit of all times. if a track like ' Oliver twist ' was released by a black american singer, it would definitely clinch two Grammy awards...

D Banj's best songs: Igwe, scape goat, oliver twist, tongolo, name them are all Don Jazzy's production...

so don't cry more than the berieved.
Re: D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times by Orikinla(m): 1:12pm On Sep 15, 2013
Good PR.
But it will not attract the mainstream of American consumers.
Re: D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times by tintingz(m): 1:21pm On Sep 15, 2013

keep hating...D'banj is still the best artiste topping africa and known very well in abroad. You said His career will die sooner?? People have been saying these since he left mo'hit but he's aiming high instead, what has don jazzy done so far?

And I wonder why all those artistes you mentioned didn't pay for any article(if he truly did) even "don" jazzy that's given out bananas and Loyal milk can't afford to pay a single article grin

Stop hating cuz Eja nla the bangaLee is out there balling reping Africa/Naija while you're here hating smiley

gringrin

2 Likes

Re: D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times by Jamji: 1:27pm On Sep 15, 2013
has the album sold platinum or even gold?

1 Like

Re: D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times by ajasa4link: 1:37pm On Sep 15, 2013
I see Dbanj and kswitch on this thread using like 4 different monikers and trying hard to convince us this is not a paid review

5 Likes

Re: D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times by Nobody: 1:37pm On Sep 15, 2013
nex: As if you all don’t know that these things are paid for. Before you come here to start showing unfounded support, did you buy the original DKM album (Enhanced Deluxe: N4000; Plain Audio: N2500) when it came out?

You waited for the Alaba N100 pirate copy, proving that even you all thought less of that DKM crap!

Now, you're here with virtual support and fanaticism because of an article that was paid for in the New York Times. In the words of D'Banj, please DON’T TELL ME NONSENSE!
and how much did u buy the marvin records album?infact add all the albums that all the marvin records artiste have is not even up to 1000 naira because an album cd in naija is not up to 200 naira,so get that into ur big dust bin u call head
Re: D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times by adeleks: 1:40pm On Sep 15, 2013
Eja Nla himself!

1 Like

Re: D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times by LBT: 1:42pm On Sep 15, 2013
nex: As if you all don’t know that these things are paid for. Before you come here to start showing unfounded support, did you buy the original DKM album (Enhanced Deluxe: N4000; Plain Audio: N2500) when it came out?

You waited for the Alaba N100 pirate copy, proving that even you all thought less of that DKM crap!

Now, you're here with virtual support and fanaticism because of an article that was paid for in the New York Times. In the words of D'Banj, please DON’T TELL ME NONSENSE!
Then jazzy paid channel o and forbes to be placed on 2nd on the list of top 10 africa bankable celebrities; his new record label have not. Been successful, cheap endorsements, how many successful investment?, how many shows?, how many musical tours? Awards? Etc. Abeg let stop hating and only be objective; because someone don't like you don't mean all that you do is trash or crap! D'banj has moved on let's do the same and stop hating on an achiever.

3 Likes

Re: D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times by Nobody: 1:48pm On Sep 15, 2013
weather paid or not paid. dbanj is in his climax of his career. big up to him

2 Likes

Re: D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times by Nobody: 1:55pm On Sep 15, 2013
EdesonNews: weather paid or not paid. dbanj is in his climax of his career. big up to him
abi ooo,leave them let them keep hating,but the funny thing is the person they are hating do not even know if they have eaten today ir not,like m.I said have you eaten today

1 Like

Re: D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times by Shaadey: 1:56pm On Sep 15, 2013
I care nt
Re: D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times by webincomeplus(m): 2:04pm On Sep 15, 2013
Lil chilz: shey na so book hard for u reach ni common enqlish u knw fit read na wa o...assu pls i fink is time for u to call off dis stupid srike....some people ar now qein worse day bi day
So your brain is just so underdeveloped that you couldn't comprehend what my words implied?
Ok, let me help you. What I really meant is "what rubbish is this one spewing?"
Re: D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times by oneeast: 2:28pm On Sep 15, 2013
Dband has always been a huge flop. There is no song of his that makes any sense. He is actually forcing himself to be a singer of which he is not one. He should try another line of trade because he is gradually going broke due his musical incoherency.
Re: D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times by spade: 2:28pm On Sep 15, 2013
LOL!

DKM was bullshhiitt biko! Wack in all ramifications!

The only thing I liked about it was the Album Art (as in, that design picture wey dey for the CD cover). Simple!
Re: D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times by kaze4blues(m): 2:53pm On Sep 15, 2013

You and your likes have repeated this over and over...get new lines.

When the artistes u mentioned cum wizkid, wande coal, olamide, davido spend more than a decade and they still wax stronger than they are now, then u can talk.

U think its easy?

Dominating the industry for a decade and beyond is not an easy feat. Only few artistes in nigeria achieve that.

That's why u are a fool for comparing dbanj with new generation artistes. Some of them have not even spend three years.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Don Jazzy's Rising Star Awards / Download Godwin Remix By Korede Bello And All Stars / Photos From Nigeria Music Video Awards NMVA 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.