Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,084 members, 7,818,246 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:10 AM

D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times (16325 Views)

Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York / Video: Lets Get This Party STARted - Wizkid, D’Banj, M.I, 2face, Tiwa Savage / Mercury Records In The UK Signs D’banj (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times by safarigirl(f): 3:07pm On Sep 15, 2013
kaze4blues:

You and your likes have repeated this over and over...get new lines.

When the artistes u mentioned cum wizkid, wande coal, olamide, davido spend more than a decade and they still wax stronger than they are now, then u can talk.

U think its easy?

Dominating the industry for a decade and beyond is not an easy feat. Only few artistes in nigeria achieve that.

That's why u are a fool for comparing dbanj with new generation artistes. Some of them have not even spend three years.

we should compare him to old artistes? Like P-square that started a year before him and have waxed stronger? The 'Don't Tell Me Nonsense' has garnered just over 200 thousand views on youtube since it's release, meanwhile 'Personally' that came out same day has over 5 million views, even Wande Coal's 'The Kick' that was released weeks after has over 400 thousand views. D'banj na wash abeg, a review can NEVER translate to anything substantial, wack music is WACK music. Shikena!

5 Likes

Re: D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times by kaze4blues(m): 3:08pm On Sep 15, 2013
one.east:
Dband has always been a huge flop. There is no song of his that makes any sense. He is actually forcing himself to be a singer of which he is not one. He should try another line of trade because he is gradually going broke due his musical incoherency.

U are the greatest fool on planet earth.

Dbanj is getting broke? That must be a joke from u.

I won't argue with u on that cos am definitely sure u are not in your right senses when u typed those shits.

Dbanj going broke......smh for u

2 Likes

Re: D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times by oneeast: 3:11pm On Sep 15, 2013
kaze4blues:

When the artistes u mentioned cum wizkid, wande coal, olamide, davido spend more than a decade and they still wax stronger than they are now, then u can talk.

U think its easy?

Dominating the industry for a decade and beyond is not an easy feat. Only few artistes in nigeria achieve that.

That's why u are a fool for comparing dbanj with new generation artistes. Some of them have not even spend three years.

Dband is a boy when it comes to music industry in Nigeria. He has been dominating space and not the music industry. Dband is rated alongside junior singers as flavor, davido, 9ice, wande coal.

There is one world class singer in Nigeria and Africa and that is only Psquare. Psquare is the only reason Africa and the world is talking about Nigeria musically.
Re: D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times by kaze4blues(m): 3:12pm On Sep 15, 2013
safarigirl: we should compare him to old artistes? Like P-square that started a year before him and have waxed stronger? The 'Don't Tell Me Nonsense' has garnered just over 200 thousand views on youtube since it's release, meanwhile 'Personally' that came out same day has over 5 million views, even Wande Coal's 'The Kick' that was released weeks after has over 400 thousand views. D'banj na wash abeg, a review can NEVER translate to anything substantial, wack music is WACK music. Shikena!

I don't know which village u are from. Don't tell me nonsense is a regularly aired song on naija stations.
That it doesn't garner large views on youtube doesn't mean it is not raving at the moment.

2 Likes

Re: D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times by oneeast: 3:14pm On Sep 15, 2013
safarigirl: we should compare him to old artistes? Like P-square that started a year before him and have waxed stronger? The 'Don't Tell Me Nonsense' has garnered just over 200 thousand views on youtube since it's release, meanwhile 'Personally' that came out same day has over 5 million views, even Wande Coal's 'The Kick' that was released weeks after has over 400 thousand views. D'banj na wash abeg, a review can NEVER translate to anything substantial, wack music is WACK music. Shikena!

Thank you nwann.

Dband is a wack
Re: D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times by kaze4blues(m): 3:18pm On Sep 15, 2013
one.east:

Dband is a boy when it comes to music industry in Nigeria. He has been dominating space and not the music industry. Dband is rated alongside junior singers as flavor, davido, 9ice, wande coal.

There is one world class singer in Nigeria and Africa and that is only Psquare. Psquare is the only reason Africa and the world is talking about Nigeria musically.

Dbanj is a boy in naija music industry? That is the peak of foolishness from you.

Psquare is the only reason the world is talking about naija music? U must be high on wet weed for spewing this trash.

There are dozens of more popular artistes in nigeria music industry than psquare. Psquare conquest in majorly in the uncivilized african countries like zimbabwe, congo.

Talk about the big fish of naija music...dbanj readily comes to mind.

2 Likes

Re: D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times by Nobody: 3:19pm On Sep 15, 2013
kaze4blues:

U are the greatest fool on planet earth.

Dbanj is getting broke? That must be a joke from u.

I won't argue with u on that cos am definitely sure u are not in your right senses when u typed those shits.

Dbanj going broke......smh for u
After all d don't tell me nonsense dm go gan dy beg for money,he should better wise up and invest in good business and stop paying for good reviews.
the people are the ones that listen to your songs and judge it and i dont care what anyone has to say,these are not the kings men,they are slave songs.
Re: D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times by Nobody: 3:21pm On Sep 15, 2013
one.east:

haba habatically....
Re: D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times by kaze4blues(m): 3:22pm On Sep 15, 2013
one.east:

Dbanj is a boy in naija music industry? That is the peak of foolishness from you.

Psquare is the only reason the world is talking about naija music? U must be high on wet weed for spewing this trash.

There are dozens of more popular artistes in nigeria music industry than psquare. Psquare conquest in majorly in the uncivilized african countries like zimbabwe, congo.

Its obvious u are a fool when u said psquare is the reason naija is been reckoned with internationally.

Check this out from youtube: www.bellanaija.com/2012/03/20/over-200-million-views-the-top-15-nigerian-artistes-of-youtube-but-whos-on-top-naeto-c-m-i-banky-w-2face-don-jazzy-find-out/

Dbanj is 2nd to only 2face in the list of the most viewed naija artistes with more the 42million views.

Psquare in the the distant 4th with 19million views even less than MI in the 3rd position with 28million views.

Get ur facts right

3 Likes

Re: D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times by oneeast: 3:26pm On Sep 15, 2013
kaze4blues:

Was it not the same crap dbad can to UK to show last time that the hall was empty? Face the fact dband is a flop. There is no way u can place him side by side with the giant Psquare.

Any Psquare show in UK is alwys packed out.

Dband is a huge joke and a wack when u compare him to Psquare. Psquare is the father of modern African music.

Dband can strugle for position with flavor, wande coal, 9ice, davido etc.
Re: D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times by DAXTACY(m): 3:34pm On Sep 15, 2013
Paid review full stop
Re: D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times by kunlesehan(m): 3:34pm On Sep 15, 2013
0key: it's definitely a paid review. Wishing him d best.

envy kills slowly.

1 Like

Re: D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times by Nobody: 3:37pm On Sep 15, 2013
I would have taken this review more seriously if the reviewer was not Nigerian
Re: D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times by striker9(m): 3:59pm On Sep 15, 2013
Even some peeps that knows nothing about music self dey shout,haters get a life.Hating won't do you any good,it will only draw you backward.
Re: D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times by felifeli: 4:19pm On Sep 15, 2013
kaze4blues: D’banj’s Album “D’Kings Men” Reviewed on The New York Times
Posted on Saturday, September 14th, 2013 at 2:21 PM
By Damilare Aiki

D’banj a.k.a Bangalee is making waves.

The Nigerian pop star’s latest album D’King’s Men was reviewed on The New York Times yesterday Friday 13th September 2013.

Read the Review;

D’Banj is one of the great African pop stars of the past decade, a charming singer but, more important, a savvy showman. For years, this Nigerian singer was at the center of the Mo’ Hits Records stable, but now he’s struck out on his own with a new label and the compilation “D’Banj Presents DKM (D’ King’s Men)” (DB/G.O.O.D./Sony).

It’s an alluring contemporary pop album with an emphasis on king-size dance music, like the militarily efficient “Don’t Tell Me Nonsense” and the flash of last year’s excellent smash hit “Oliver Twist.” D’Banj is also a savvy synthesizer of the old and new Africa, as on “Nous les Meilleurs (We the Best),” a duet with the Congolese singer Fally Ipupa. But really, D’Banj has his eye on the world; he’s signed to Kanye West’s G.O.O.D. Music imprint, and the lovely “Scape Goat (The Fix)” features what’s certainly the most cheerful version of Mr. West you’ll hear this year, or any year.

http://www.bellanaija.com/2013/09/14/dbanjs-album-dkings-men-reviewed-on-the-new-york-times/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook

Any "review" that can not find a single fault in the work being reviewed is a PAID review. Just an advertisement. Trust me. grin
This one is a good example. It is not a "review" at all , it is an advertisement shouting "hey people, I want to tell you about Dbanj". Poorly done I am afraid.

2 Likes

Re: D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times by Nobody: 4:42pm On Sep 15, 2013
kaze4blues: Paid review?

That's what pathetic souls will say.

Even if dbanj wins grammy, some folks here will say its paid for.

If its paid, why can't don jazy pay for any of his artistes to be nominated or win an award category at the NEA. Not even tiwa savage?

It is certain dbanj is going places.

Haterz can hate

if d banj ever win grammy make i die
Re: D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times by dammytosh: 4:51pm On Sep 15, 2013
Aifey: Truth b told, this album DKM is a wak. Don baba plenus solar na wak.
Both shud com back 2gether.
I miss "Is mo hits records"
Its don jazzy again.
D"banj n don jazzy are dyin slowly.
Proud remains a sickness.

But you will agree with me that Plenuz is wakker. I bought both with my money and i can tell you which of them last longer in the arrays of cd in my 6 loader.
Re: D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times by spade: 4:56pm On Sep 15, 2013

SafariGirrrrrrrrl!

What if I told you I've missed you so much?
Re: D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times by Nobody: 5:02pm On Sep 15, 2013
felifeli:

Any "review" that can not find a single fault in the work being reviewed is a PAID review. Just an advertisement. Trust me. grin
This one is a good example. It is not a "review" at all , it is an advertisement shouting "hey people, I want to tell you about Dbanj". Poorly done I am afraid.

You obviously know your onions.
Re: D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times by safarigirl(f): 5:52pm On Sep 15, 2013
kaze4blues:

Its obvious u are a fool when u said psquare is the reason naija is been reckoned with internationally.

Check this out from youtube: www.bellanaija.com/2012/03/20/over-200-million-views-the-top-15-nigerian-artistes-of-youtube-but-whos-on-top-naeto-c-m-i-banky-w-2face-don-jazzy-find-out/

Dbanj is 2nd to only 2face in the list of the most viewed naija artistes with more the 42million views.

Psquare in the the distant 4th with 19million views even less than MI in the 3rd position with 28million views.

Get ur facts right
haha, bros this shayt is older than world war II. I read it years ago, go check youtube now, if you smell 2face name make I hear, even Iyanya is bigger than your Koko Master as of now. I'm talking recent stuff, you're going to dust up ancient stats. Berra advice D'banj to rebrand or he'll soon be selling Iyanya's albums on third mainland bridge. P-square reigns in uncivilized countries? Go see where SA babes dey faint for P-square, even for yankee sef, P-square have been interviewed by Wendy Williams, sans Kanye or whatever D'banj has hyping him. Peeps in Dubai, Japan, Canada be jamming to P-square, ALL of their songs, not just ONE söng like uncle eja nla. Bros just park well abeg, shioor! @spade, long time, how you dey?

3 Likes

Re: D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times by normaljenny(m): 6:07pm On Sep 15, 2013
manuelzz: Hmmmm...Some brodas are out there ballin' while some are here sharing cards on twitter and beggin' atiku for money lipsrsealed God bless eja nla's huzzle. smiley

You are a fool. You will never never never never get to the level of these two (don. Jazzy & D'Banj) very close friends that have been making us proud out there in whole wide war and you there praying they turn on themselves. You are a fool. And they fooled you. Sorry to inform ur natty brain, don jazzy and d'banj never quarreled, they only fooled people like you to reach for the skies. Biatch.
Re: D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times by Peterwizzy: 6:13pm On Sep 15, 2013
i don't think it's a paid review Okay see when u sign up with a promotion company they help you write press release so stfu haters
Re: D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times by 4C2215131: 6:22pm On Sep 15, 2013
0key: it's definitely a paid review. Wishing him d best.

A truer word has never been said.
Re: D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times by 4C2215131: 6:26pm On Sep 15, 2013
Peterwizzy: i don't think it's a paid review Okay see when u sign up with a promotion company they help you write press release so stfu haters

Then the word 'review' is contextually wrong the way its been used in the post.

A review is usually more like a critique,it examines the pros and cons of the subject matter being addresses. The article I just read doesn't do that,it reads more like an advert in my opinion.
Re: D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times by babakb: 6:36pm On Sep 15, 2013
why are u peeps hatin on dbanj, like it or not its a win win situation for him, if its a paid review then it means the nigga is very heavy in the game, if its not a paid review then he is making a serious impact in america.

besides dbanj is tired of making hit tracks in naija, so he needs something new. u haters are so quick to forget when u were dancing to tongolo, soco, why me, close to u, i love that booty, falling in love, gbono feli feli, pere, suddenly, move your body, mr endowed, scape goat, oliver twist shit i'm tired of counting.

davido, wizkid, wande coal, flavour, iyanya all these guys can never attain what dbanj is achieving.
talking about psquare, they're copy cats, pls they cant rep africa, everyone is shouting personally, why did they copy micheal jackson in the video, if you need original music contact 2face and dbang.

another misunderstanding, don jazzy did not make dbanj, dbanj made don jazzy, see what marvin records is now?

dbanj has said it all, "i'm not sorry i'm rich, i'm sorry u broke, nigga dont blame me, blame it on the money"
so dont tell me nonsense.

1 Like

Re: D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times by 4C2215131: 6:36pm On Sep 15, 2013
Truth be told,D Banj and Don Jazzy need each other. Both their games are getting weak. It transcends how much is in your bank account,true artistry involves the respect you get from your peers involved in the same game as you and how much your work pleases your customers and once that starts going it's just a matter of time the bank balance follows suit.

The world is dynamic and nobody has time for 'has been's'. A rebanding is desperately needed by both dudes.

1 Like

Re: D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times by 45AY(m): 6:47pm On Sep 15, 2013
Dbanj is a top act.....his music was trend setting....erryone always waited to hear wah he will drop next....buh lately he has lost abit/or more of dat trend setting sound...he needs dat afro-pop beat dat Don J used to churn out for him....nd d atmosphere in wic D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ both created magic.....his new productn crew must v not yet being able to recreate dat environment nd get him relaxed nd doin d music d way he wants....buh he is a top act....wateva he might lack in music his charisma nd personality cloak quite well....top of ma hat to one of naijas greatest doin it big mkin mega bucks nd reppn naija....buh d album wasn't it for M̶̲̅ε̲̣̣̣̥....it needed to be stronger...especially wif al dese fresh blood around.
Re: D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times by iamdsam: 6:50pm On Sep 15, 2013
Like someone posted earlier, even though he wins a grammy, they still gonna say he paid for it. Haters still gonna hate no matter what but he keeps making his money and becoming more famous

1 Like

Re: D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times by iamdsam: 6:53pm On Sep 15, 2013
Pumpy: Dbanj and Don Jazzy r better together. Its more of a synergy thing.
You're right
Re: D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times by iamdsam: 7:09pm On Sep 15, 2013
kaze4blues:

U think its easy?

Nor mind the mumu
Re: D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times by iamdsam: 7:14pm On Sep 15, 2013
Oliver Twist video by D'banj is the most watched music video on youtube in Africa. Stop fooling yourself. You got no clue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Download Godwin Remix By Korede Bello And All Stars / Don Jazzy's Rising Star Awards / Photos From Nigeria Music Video Awards NMVA 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.