Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:45 AM

Nba Starts For Heat Lovers Only - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nba Starts For Heat Lovers Only (5473 Views)

Angelo Ogbonna Starts For Italy Against The Us Soccer Team. / Mikel Obi Starts For Chelsea But Turned Down Super Eagles Call / Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nba Starts For Heat Lovers Only by millco88(f): 9:31pm On Jun 19, 2008
Draft night on the 26th. If Miami drafts Beasley, that could be a dangerous tandem in the future w/ Wade. Not to mention Marion.

Are the Heat instantly contenders next season?
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Lovers Only by gabelogan(m): 2:27am On Jun 20, 2008
BESIDES WADE AND MARION, THE HEAT DONT HAVE SOLID PLAYERS. THEY'LL NEED MORE THAN BEASELY TO BE CONTENDERS. I STILL FANCY BOSTON WINNING THE TITLE NEXT SEASON.

WATCH OUT FOR MY TEAM, THE NEW YORK KNICKS NEXT SEASON UNDER NEW COACH MIKE D'ANTONI (THEY SHOULD HAVE FIRED ISAIAH EARLIER). AND WATCH OUT FOR MY BOY EDDY (BIG ED, EDDY PICANTE, MR ED) CURRY.
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Lovers Only by SeanT21(f): 3:19am On Jun 20, 2008
New york knicks will always suck. They wanna pick fight, they dont wanna play ball.
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Lovers Only by gabelogan(m): 10:30am On Jun 20, 2008
the knicks only sucked cos isaiah didnt know what he was doing, he was always picking fights with the players plus they were saddled with many bad contracts (jerome james, malik rose, jared jeffries).
i bet with a new coach and a couple of good trades and acquisitions, they will be a very good team.

starting line-up

pg stephon "starbury" marbury

sg jamaal "potential all star" crawford

sf quentin "mr brandy" richardson

pf zach "mr double-double" randolph

and my favourite c eddy "big ed" curry

supporting cast, nate robinson, david lee, renaldo balkman, danilo gallinari(prospective draft pick), and a couple of fresh faces. this team aint short of talent.
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Lovers Only by millco88(f): 3:04pm On Jun 20, 2008
gabe_logan:

BESIDES WADE AND MARION, THE HEAT DONT HAVE SOLID PLAYERS. THEY'LL NEED MORE THAN BEASELY TO BE CONTENDERS. I STILL FANCY BOSTON WINNING THE TITLE NEXT SEASON.

WATCH OUT FOR MY TEAM, THE NEW YORK KNICKS NEXT SEASON UNDER NEW COACH MIKE D'ANTONI (THEY SHOULD HAVE FIRED ISAIAH EARLIER). AND WATCH OUT FOR MY BOY EDDY (BIG ED, EDDY PICANTE, MR ED) CURRY.

Haslem isn't solid? a 14-10 PF that plays great defense. What more could you ask for?
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Lovers Only by gabelogan(m): 3:25pm On Jun 20, 2008
millco88:

Haslem isn't solid? a 14-10 PF that plays great defense. What more could you ask for?

haslem is not a star player. he is good, no doubt, but not a SOLID power foward. and besides he was averaging 12ppg and 9 rpg, less than 1 block a game (0.4)!!! he was turning over the ball almost as much as he dished out assists.

i can count about 20 power fowards that i think are better than haslem. he's a decent player.
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Lovers Only by A40(m): 6:29pm On Jun 21, 2008
@gabe_logan
The Knicks suck they are not better than Dodan Warriors first and foremost Zach Randolph could lose some weight go for a gastric bypass or something.
There are still many good teams in the East so i wouldnt gamble on them neither will i write them off they have Shawn Marion and a couple good trades and a good training camp can work wonders just ask the Celtics
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Lovers Only by jgirl3: 12:58am On Jun 22, 2008
With this draft, the Knicks need Jesus in their team to come back from their horrible performance last season.
I don't see how they are going to do this.
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Lovers Only by thando(f): 5:54am On Jun 22, 2008
sorry to go off topic but if u can wud u please give me pointers that wud convience me otherwise if i said its the most overrated sport in the world how is different from netball
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Lovers Only by gabelogan(m): 9:29am On Jun 22, 2008
j-girl:

With this draft, the Knicks need Jesus in their team to come back from their horrible performance last season.

i dont think so. the knicks have already done the right thing by firing isaiah and getting a coach that has an up-tempo mentality. the type that would definately suit the youthful knicks (except for jerome james whos is overweight).
mark my words and watch out for the knicks next season

and why would anyone compare dodan warriors with the new york knicks? i dont understand.
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Lovers Only by A40(m): 4:36pm On Jun 22, 2008
@gabe_logan
Because they suck like that.D'Antoni had quality in their roster
Lets compare
Nash - Marbury
Barbosa - Crawford
Amare - Curry
You guys dont have a chance yall need a major trade or something and i will be interested to know which big player will be keen on coming over to the Knicks
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Lovers Only by gabelogan(m): 7:38pm On Jun 22, 2008
A-40:

@gabe_logan
Because they suck like that.D'Antoni had quality in their roster
Lets compare
Nash - Marbury
Barbosa - Crawford
Amare - Curry
You guys don't have a chance yall need a major trade or something and i will be interested to know which big player will be keen on coming over to the Knicks

nash is better than starbury, yes, and amare is better than big ed. but i dont think barbosa is better than crawford. crawford is a potential all-star and he had a higher ppg than barbosa last season (he averaged over 20ppg)
and c'mon, the knicks have a deep roster.
nate robinson, zach randolph (averaged a double-double last season), renaldo balkman, quentin richardson, wilson chandler.
i dont expect them to win the playoffs, but they might make it to the playoffs. one thing is guaranteed though, they will improve.
at least they had a better record than the heat last season.
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Lovers Only by JeSoul(f): 11:43pm On Jun 23, 2008
j-girl:

LOL, word to that!

Gabe,
gabe_logan:

nash is better than starbury, yes, and amare is better than big ed. but i don't think barbosa is better than crawford. crawford is a potential all-star and he had a higher ppg than barbosa last season (he averaged over 20ppg)
and c'mon, the knicks have a deep roster.
nate robinson, zach randolph (averaged a double-double last season), renaldo balkman, quentin richardson, wilson chandler.
i don't expect them to win the playoffs, but they might make it to the playoffs. one thing is guaranteed though, they will improve.
at least they had a better record than the heat last season.
of course they'll be better than last season! last season was horrible that anything will be an improvement. And did you say the knicks have a "deep" roster? could you please name these deep players? Majority of them lack discipline, need to lose weight, don't play with heart etc. . .

I'm with A-40 in that[b] NY needs a major blockbuster trade to rise back from the grave[/b]. And the problem is that the other 29 teams in the NBA are not exactly coveting any of the players on the knicks right now so I'm not holing my breath for such a deal to go down. I do feel bad for the NY fans, becos it was the knick organization that brought this on themselves. And James Dolan didn't exactly fire Isiah, he was "re-assigned" to another position within the knicks - hissess - to me that suggests the management is not ready to move progress.
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Lovers Only by JeSoul(f): 11:47pm On Jun 23, 2008
millco88:

Draft night on the 26th. If Miami drafts Beasley, that could be a dangerous tandem in the future w/ Wade. Not to mention Marion.

Are the Heat instantly contenders next season?
Not necessarily. Unless they trade the pick and get a seasoned veteran to play alongside Wade. Becos as we've seen you need to have a solid supporting cast to have any success and Miami cannot expect injury-prone Wade to carry the team by himself.

If they draft Bease, expect it to take some time before the they see the return on the dividends. Several teams in the east are on the rise ex. Orlando, Atlanta.
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Lovers Only by millco88(f): 12:40am On Jun 24, 2008
gabe_logan:

haslem is not a star player. he is good, no doubt, but not a SOLID power foward. and besides he was averaging 12ppg and 9 rpg, less than 1 block a game (0.4)!!! he was turning over the ball almost as much as he dished out assists.

i can count about 20 power fowards that i think are better than haslem. he's a decent player.

Haslem is a very solid PF. He gets rebounds and plays good defense. Also has a surprising offensive game where he can score if you need him to or if a team leaves him open he can knock down a 15 footer. He plays his role great as a hustle player. He played great on the Heat championship run fit in and played his role awsome.

I would like you name 20 better PFs.
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Lovers Only by gabelogan(m): 1:50am On Jun 25, 2008
millco88:

Haslem is a very solid PF. He gets rebounds and plays good defense. Also has a surprising offensive game where he can score if you need him to or if a team leaves him open he can knock down a 15 footer. He plays his role great as a hustle player. He played great on the Heat championship run fit in and played his role awsome.

I would like you name 20 better PFs.

1. tim duncan
2. dwight howard
3. carlos boozer
4. amare stoudemire
5. lamarcus aldridge
6. zach randolph
7. emeka okafor
8. pau gasol
9. kevin garnett
10. rasheed wallace
11. elton brand
12. chris bosh
13. david west
14. boris diaw
15. al horford
16. kenyon martin
17. al jefferson
18. jason maxiell
19. jermaine o'neal
20. tyrus thomas
21. charlie villanueva
22. mehmet okur 

need i say more??
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Lovers Only by A40(m): 7:16pm On Jun 25, 2008
@millco
gabe has just named 20 better PF'S grin

@gabe_logan
You do know your basketball lol you didnt add Dirk Nowitzki? somewhere between Duncan and Howard
You guys simply dont have any chips to trade with and thats the truth who wants Zach Randolph and Marbury on their team hmm maybe the Grizzlies grin and maybe they could give you Rudy Gay.Besides Barbosa will easily walk into your squads starting lineup

@Jesoul
I agree with you on Orlando all they need is some more playoff experience they are getting close they could also use a good PG too Reddick and Nelson have been let downs
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Lovers Only by JeSoul(f): 8:31pm On Jun 25, 2008
A-40:

@gabe_logan
You do know your basketball lol you didnt add Dirk Nowitzki? somewhere between Duncan and Howard
You guys simply don't have any chips to trade with and thats the truth who wants Zach Randolph and Marbury on their team hmm maybe the Grizzlies grin and maybe they could give you Rudy Gay.Besides Barbosa will easily walk into your squads starting lineup
EXACTLY! that's the problem the knicks have and that's why they won't be seeing any real success anytime soon. And they don't even have the money to go after quality free agents after giving lucrative contracts to useless players - very bad business planning. They can only hope to make the most of their #6 draft pick.

@Jesoul
I agree with you on Orlando all they need is some more playoff experience they are getting close they could also use a good PG too Reddick and Nelson have been let downs
Yeah Orlando I think will be a force to reckon with next season. The rate at which Howards guns are growing is scary, lol. . .
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Lovers Only by gabelogan(m): 12:28am On Jun 26, 2008
@ a-40

made a mistake ommiting dirk, how could i have forgotten. guess u remembered dirk cos u r a mavericks fan?
meanwhile, i dont think trading either stephon or zach would be a good idea. stephon is past his prime, but he's still a very decent point guard and zach randolph is a guaranteed double-double player.
the knicks team is youthful (except for malik rose, jerome "big snacks" james) and with the right coach and a decent draft pick (brooke lopez, danilo gallinari) they'll definately improve. who knows, they might make the playoffs.
you cant doubt that the starting five is talented.

pg marbury
sg crawford
sf richardson quentin
pf randolph
c curry
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Lovers Only by onyinye2(f): 12:31am On Jun 26, 2008
HOUSTON ROCKETS RULE!!!!
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Lovers Only by doyin13(m): 8:00am On Jun 26, 2008
i actually agree with gabe logan. The Knicks roster isn't half bad. There are some good players onif
that team, and in spurts, they showed all they needed was good coaching which Isiah wasn't able to provide.

Zach Thomas is indeed a double double player, but for his impatience, the Blazers would have been better for it
if he had stayed.

Jamal Crawford is a bit hit and miss, but so is 90 per cent of the NBA.

Nate Robinson is not a true point guard but he is mad athletic and willing to run. A gem in D'antoni's system.

Mr Brandy has also played with D'antoni so the run and gun style should come naturally to him.

David Lee has hustle, especially on the glass, and he is good trade bait if the Knicks ever decide to go down that route.

Obviously there are some duds on this team, not least Marbury, the former And 1king or Malik Rose, guys with oversized contracts.
Or bone headed decisions like taking Renaldo Belkman seventh in the draft. shocked

On D'antoni's appointment, I think Donnie Walsh is trying to buy time. D'antoni at least offers prospects of a fun and gun style to keep
the faithfuls entertained while he overhauls the roster.

Anything above qualifying for the playoffs would be a bonus.

By the way @Gabe Logan. . . . .Is there another Gabe Logan in the States I should know of.

The Gabby Logan I know is at the BBC, and I sure love me some Gabby baby. . . . . . . .
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Lovers Only by gabelogan(m): 11:20am On Jun 26, 2008
@ doyin
at least someone is backing me up and u are the only one who sees something good in the new york knicks. your analysis of their roster was spot on except for jamaal crawford. he is not a hit and miss player like u said, he was the star of the team last season, he averaged over 20ppg last season and he is on his way to becoming an all-star. nate robinson is also decent. he can pass and will score and renaldo balkman has hustle. good analysis.

meanwhile, i aint named after the british gabby logan (she's the presenter right?)
the gabe logan i am named after is the one in the states, my alter-ego. do a search on google and u'll know who im talking bout.

bye for now, on my way to the draft.
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Lovers Only by JeSoul(f): 2:11pm On Jun 26, 2008
doyin13:

i actually agree with gabe logan. The Knicks roster isn't half bad. There are some good players onif
that team, and in spurts, they showed all they needed was good coaching which Isiah wasn't able to provide.
  Of course there are some "good players" on the team why else will they be in the NBA? Even if you want to say their roster is decent, compare the strength of their line-up with the rest of the east alone and they come in last place.

Zach Thomas is indeed a double double player, but for his impatience, the Blazers would have been better for it
if he had stayed.   

Jamal Crawford is a bit hit and miss, but so is 90 per cent of the NBA.

Nate Robinson is not a true point guard but he is mad athletic and willing to run. A gem in D'antoni's system.

Mr Brandy has also played with D'antoni so the run and gun style should come naturally to him.

David Lee has hustle, especially on the glass, and he is good trade bait if the Knicks ever decide to go down that route.

Obviously there are some duds on this team, not least Marbury, the former And 1king or Malik Rose, guys with oversized contracts.
Or bone headed decisions like taking Renaldo Belkman seventh in the draft. shocked
   Perhaps decent players BUT too many (to steal a word from Stern) rogue players on the team, and very undisciplined, and I have not seen any exhibit that they have a handle on basketball fundamentals. Losing is already a tradition there and it won't change overnight unless they get a KG and Allen. We can't expect they'll have a damascus road experience and change for D'antoni. I'll believe it when I see it.

On D'antoni's appointment, I think Donnie Walsh is trying to buy time. D'antoni at least offers prospects of a fun and gun style to keep
the faithfuls entertained while he overhauls the roster.
Anything above qualifying for the playoffs would be a bonus.
  you're right in that the knicks are at rock bottom, the very scrapes of the barrel, they can only go up (hopefully) - and that's the plus. BUT it'll take a couple of years and so I expect "stankness" from them next season - unless they somehow pull off a blockbuster trade. Those poor faithfuls, they've been outside MSG picketing for ages  grin
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Lovers Only by doyin13(m): 3:50pm On Jun 26, 2008
@Gabe Logan

Oh that Gabe Logan. . . . .Pop culture sure is difficult to keep up with nowadays.

I still maintain Jamal Crawford is a bit hit and miss. Takes so many off balance shots.
And his handle is not good enough at the guard position, and a bit undersized for the forward position.
But he can be hot as a pure shooter.

Belkman provides hustle for sure.  . . . . . . . , but jeez, not seventh pick in the draft mehn.

@Jesoul

I see, the KG and Allen trade is now the template for all struggling franchises eh?

Well, na who win dey get mouth abi. Lets just see how long that trio's geriartric legs can keep up.

Don't underestimate the D'antoni though. We are talking about the East after all.

Yeye Boston did it abi.
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Lovers Only by JeSoul(f): 4:08pm On Jun 26, 2008
doyin13:

@Jesoul

I see, the KG and Allen trade is now the template for all struggling franchises eh?

Well, na who win dey get mouth abi. Lets just see how long that trio's geriartric legs can keep up.

Don't underestimate the D'antoni though. We are talking about the East after all.

Yeye Boston did it abi.

and why can't Boston be the template? it worked didn't it?  grin
But not every struggling franchise needs a blockbuster, they just need some help, need some new blood, couple players here n there, BUT NY needs a major and complete blood transfusion - a big trade. You can't just change a few players here n there and expect them to become well.
  I hold Lebron will succumb to pleadings from Jay-z and move to NY in a few seasons - then things will get really intresting.

You're right though in saying that it is the east, it's easier to succeed here than out west. But don't forget the other teams on the rise such as Orl, Atl, and Tor is promising to come back better. It will not even be a cakewalk for Boston to repeat.
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Lovers Only by gabelogan(m): 7:21pm On Jun 26, 2008
doyin13:

@Gabe Logan

Oh that Gabe Logan. . . . .Pop culture sure is difficult to keep up with nowadays.

I still maintain Jamal Crawford is a bit hit and miss. Takes so many off balance shots.
And his handle is not good enough at the guard position, and a bit undersized for the forward position.
But he can be hot as a pure shooter.

Belkman provides hustle for sure. . . . . . . . , but jeez, not seventh pick in the draft mehn.

c'mon, how can u say that bout jamaal crawford, he has mad handles. when he was at the bulls he played the point guard position. of course he's undersized for the power foward position. he's just 6'5 and plus he dont play at the foward psoition. he's either a pg or sg.
and balkman was the 20th pick and not the 7th.
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Lovers Only by doyin13(m): 6:56pm On Jun 27, 2008
My bad. I don't know why I thought he was picked 7th. I remember the seventh pick
got booed in that years draft, and naturally my mind went to Isiah.

Well I have seen Garnett play the point before so Crawford playing it is no real surprise.

I am not saying he is a crap player, he just ain't marque.

How do you see the draft? I gues Hinrich is finished in Chicago now. I still think they should have
taken Beasley and traded Deng instead. Beasley is quite a talent and will provide more points if not now, then in
subsequent seasons, than Deng ever will.
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Lovers Only by millco88(f): 7:08pm On Jun 27, 2008
chalmers + wade + marion + beasley + mle center = dynasty
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Lovers Only by A40(m): 8:10pm On Jun 27, 2008
I heard the Bulls picked Rose the Heat went for Beasley and OJ Mayo was drafted to Minnesota i hope that dude can focus on his basketball lol

@Jesoul
The Knicks need a trade like Zach Randolph needs a gastric bypass i look at that roster and its nothing to write home about D'antoni should have gone to the Bulls but i guess the Dollar bills where impairing his vison

@gabe_logan
Crawford is decent so is Randolph thats when he is not shooting bricks Richardson left his best days behind at Phoenix and if you compare the material D'Antoni had at the Suns to what you Knickerbockers have then you wont be so optimistic maybe yall can make 35 wins and in the east you never know it might be enough to land you on 8th spot but with teams like Milwaukee,NJ and Atl around the chances are very slim

@doyin13
Deng is a swingman and with all swingmen inconsistency is a common denominator but Hinrich has been disappointing if you ask me
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Lovers Only by JeSoul(f): 9:06pm On Jun 27, 2008
millco88:

chalmers + wade + marion + beasley + mle center = dynasty
  chalmers + wade + marion + beasley + mle center = dynasty  = dreaming  grin

A starting line-up with 2 rookies up front, neither named Michael Jordan, and you hope for a dynasty? that's a very big word. At best 2nd tier playoffs standing between 6-8 next 1-2 years. Wade will soon relocate as soon as that contract expires in '10 depending on who shows him the money.
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Lovers Only by JeSoul(f): 9:13pm On Jun 27, 2008
A-40:

I heard the Bulls picked Rose the Heat went for Beasley and OJ Mayo was drafted to Minnesota i hope that dude can focus on his basketball lol
  I'm feeling MIN will make some noise next yr with all this young talent. I don't know about playoff chances though, west is dog eat dog right now.

@Jesoul
The Knicks need a trade like Zach Randolph needs a gastric bypass i look at that roster and its nothing to write home about D'antoni should have gone to the Bulls but i guess the Dollar bills where impairing his vison
  Lol . . . ooh thats cold brotha, just cold, lol.  grin See him last night at the draft? looks like he's already putting on some extras. Not to worry, he'll lose it real quick as soon as the season and pressure starts - no be NY? he will taste it.

@gabe_logan
Crawford is decent so is Randolph thats when he is not shooting bricks Richardson left his best days behind at Phoenix and if you compare the material D'Antoni had at the Suns to what you Knickerbockers have then you wont be so optimistic maybe yall can make 35 wins and in the east you never know it might be enough to land you on 8th spot but with teams like Milwaukee,NJ and Atl around the chances are very slim
  Speaking of NJ I was suprised to see them trade off Richard Jefferson.    the player they need to rid themselves of is Vince Carter. He has done absolutely nuthin for them since arriving. Not that long ago NJ was a force in the east with JKidd and Jefferson.
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Lovers Only by millco88(f): 9:19pm On Jun 27, 2008
JeSoul:

chalmers + wade + marion + beasley + mle center = dynasty = dreaming grin

A starting line-up with 2 rookies up front, neither named Michael Jordan, and you hope for a dynasty? that's a very big word. At best 2nd tier playoffs standing between 6-8 next couple years. Wade will soon relocate as soon as that contract expires in '10 depending on who shows him the money.

You have a superstar, another potential superstar, the perfect PG to complement Wade and a top 25 player in Marion. If we add a MLE center a la Diop, we can compete w/ the Big 3.

And I didn't even mention Haslem.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigeria's Squad In AYC Maurituis 93 / UPDATED" How Do I Fund My Bet9ja,1960bet,nairabet,1xbet Account / Kanu And Okocha In The Transfer Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.