Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,076 members, 7,825,397 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

Lord Lugard Created Nigeria To Last For 100 Years Only -ibb - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lord Lugard Created Nigeria To Last For 100 Years Only -ibb (3548 Views)

House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS / Lord Lugard Created Nigeria To Last For 100 Years Only-ibb / Lord Lugard And His Impression Of Nigerians And Africans In General (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lord Lugard Created Nigeria To Last For 100 Years Only -ibb by Revolva(m): 12:29am On Sep 15, 2013
From former military President, Ibrahim Babangida came a shocker yesterday when he revealed that Lord Lugard created Nigeria to last for only a 100 years.
The self-acclaimed Evil Genius said this in Lagos yesterday September 13, 2013 at the presentation of 2 books in honor of foreign affairs minister during his regim, Bolaji Akinyemi.
Speaking yesterday Babangida had said “As Nigerians, we are aware of the great doubts that have been cast about what 2014 portends for the continuing existence of our nation. I am aware that Nigerians have taken great umbrage at these predictions. Even Lord Lugard who founded what has been called Nigeria gave it a life-span of 100 years.
I regard it as a challenge to our intelligence to ensure that these portends and prophesies do not become self-fulfilling.
“We should engage these predictions on an intellectual level, testing whether the facts justify the conclusions.
“But on a practical and public policy level, we must import honesty into our public policy assessment. First, we must identify the problems that need to be addressed. Secondly, we must address these problems honestly. Thirdly, we must identify the most current and the most appropriate mechanism for addressing these issues.
“Let me make this clear. My position is not dictated by the fact that foreigners are making these predictions. We don’t even need foreigner sources as a reference point. The Nigerian media is awash with alarming news about our problems.
“My position is dictated by my conviction that Nigeria is precious enough to be saved. It deserves an investment of our time and resources to make Project Nigeria a success. But the starting point has to be an admission that we need to fix things.”
Babangida also stated that mistakes of past administrations are putting pressure on the country today though he refused to identify the mistakes or the past administrations that made them.
Said he “Some of the mistakes of the past have now come to haunt us. But let me make one thing clear. Not all these mistakes were made out of callousness or bad faith or malice.
“Most people in office do their best. They act to the best of their ability. Unless we think that our leaders have divine ability, we have to admit that even with all the best of their abilities and even with the best faith and with the best of all intentions, human beings will still make mistakes,” In his own comments, Professor Akinyemi called for a national dialogue saying “Zoning, federal character, rotation, marginalization of the brightest and the best will only make the much prophesied collapse of Nigeria in 2014 a self- fulfilling prophecy.
We cannot build a nation on a system that takes care of the few while condemning the many to penury. A system that cannot take care of the many that are poor cannot save the few who are rich.”

http://2rootsentng..com/2013/09/gist-lord-lugard-created-nigeria-to.html
Re: Lord Lugard Created Nigeria To Last For 100 Years Only -ibb by Lamasta(m): 12:41am On Sep 15, 2013
I will comment later let me check ma *history book* for some info
Re: Lord Lugard Created Nigeria To Last For 100 Years Only -ibb by lertee(f): 12:53am On Sep 15, 2013
undecided undecidedImagine this annoying man,mtchew.. “Mistakes of the past administrations” who the F are the past administrators,is he not one of them? Bloody hypocrite.

1 Like

Re: Lord Lugard Created Nigeria To Last For 100 Years Only -ibb by jhydebaba(m): 1:17am On Sep 15, 2013
That's what u get when some zombie (in fela's voice) seize power with coercion and direct the country on green and black bottles.

Unity we stand, divided we fall. 1Nija4life.
Re: Lord Lugard Created Nigeria To Last For 100 Years Only -ibb by LMAyedun(m): 1:28am On Sep 15, 2013
See who is talking fa shocked
God created Nigeria not Lord Lugard.
Lugard was only a vessel used.
Nigeria isn't a factory product.. Nigeria will remain ONE even long after IBB is dead & gone.

Long live Federal Republic of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Lord Lugard Created Nigeria To Last For 100 Years Only -ibb by Nobody: 2:05am On Sep 15, 2013
L.M Ayedun..:
Nigeria isn't a factory product.. Nigeria will remain ONE even long after IBB is dead & gone.

Did you read and peruse the post at all. The old man is calling for concerted effort to move the country forward, did you understand something else
Re: Lord Lugard Created Nigeria To Last For 100 Years Only -ibb by Longeria(m): 2:15am On Sep 15, 2013
Babangida, so you're afraid of
imminent stoppage of

oil MONEY abi?
Re: Lord Lugard Created Nigeria To Last For 100 Years Only -ibb by LMAyedun(m): 2:23am On Sep 15, 2013
Idi Amin: Did you read and peruse the post at all. The old man is cailing for concerted effort to move the country forward, did you understand something else
Sir Idi Amin, I didn't peruse the post and pardon me to say I stopped reading just after " former military President, Ibrahim Babangida came a shocker yesterday when he revealed that Lord Lugard created Nigeria to last for only a 100 years." With that intro, I hissed and concluded IBB also stands for the divided Nigeria.Sorry, My bad. Many thanks.

1 Like

Re: Lord Lugard Created Nigeria To Last For 100 Years Only -ibb by SaintChukz(m): 2:59am On Sep 15, 2013
I'll comment properly when this gets to the frontpage. :/
Re: Lord Lugard Created Nigeria To Last For 100 Years Only -ibb by Nobody: 3:05am On Sep 15, 2013
Let me confirm from one of my Baby Mamas, Cynthia Lugard-she is the Great Grand Daughter of Lord Lugard.
Re: Lord Lugard Created Nigeria To Last For 100 Years Only -ibb by fr3do(m): 4:15am On Sep 15, 2013
100 year exactly
this is politics not nuclear science
how can one be so sure
lugard wasnt a god
why is Ibb so hungry for change now that he is out of power?
Re: Lord Lugard Created Nigeria To Last For 100 Years Only -ibb by godello: 5:34am On Sep 15, 2013
Prophecy is my calling. So until you all hear from me,make no mistake.
Re: Lord Lugard Created Nigeria To Last For 100 Years Only -ibb by Realdeals(m): 6:17am On Sep 15, 2013
Easier said than done
Re: Lord Lugard Created Nigeria To Last For 100 Years Only -ibb by ebamma(m): 6:22am On Sep 15, 2013
Hey you mr man, whatever u call yourself, if u want nigeria to really last for 100yrs call your boys that want to divide PDP, and are causing problems for my brother jonathan to order, or else Na this 99yrs were nigeria go expire oh

2 Likes

Re: Lord Lugard Created Nigeria To Last For 100 Years Only -ibb by Nobody: 6:33am On Sep 15, 2013
IBB?Anyway sha is hard to but i think i'v forgiven him as a Believer of forgiveness but will not forget their mal-administrative leadership.
-Am i afraid of disintegrgtion? No
-Am i eager for disintegreation? No
- Are we too much to be one? No
-Are we too disunited to be one? Yes
-Is disintegration an option to Nigerer?Yes.(especially when some ppl feel they are superior and must have it their way always).
Re: Lord Lugard Created Nigeria To Last For 100 Years Only -ibb by Nobody: 6:43am On Sep 15, 2013
If Northern Nigeria and Southern Nigeria was created to last for an experimental tenure of 100 yrs renewable, then we all sincerely know that at 100yrs, we can deduce that project Nigeria has not worked. So its best for all colonies to go back to their respective sovereignty.

What baffles me is why career politicians work too hard to keep a unity that amounts to tribalism, hate, intra-country depotations, nepotistic injustices and regional malapropisms just to maintain their grip on the spoils of war - the black oil.

Personally, my opinion is, if there is a way that this union can be abrogated without a single spill of blood, then its better we go back to pre-1914 quo, but if it will require sacrifice of blood, which should not be, then we should proceed with this rotting experiment and vote GEJ come 2015 cos I need this electricity to stabilize before he leaves Aso Rock, thats all I need from Nigeria, I can take care of myself.

2 Likes

Re: Lord Lugard Created Nigeria To Last For 100 Years Only -ibb by gratiaeo(m): 6:43am On Sep 15, 2013
We have many critical issue to tackle before this country can move forward, things like corruption, issue of state creation, Marginalization, federal character/Qouta system and true federalism
Re: Lord Lugard Created Nigeria To Last For 100 Years Only -ibb by gratiaeo(m): 6:53am On Sep 15, 2013
Billyonaire: If Northern Nigeria and Southern Nigeria was created to last for an experimental tenure of 100 yrs renewable, then we all sincerely know that at 100yrs, we can deduce that project Nigeria has not worked. So its best for all colonies to go back to their respective sovereignty.

What baffles me is why career politicians work too hard to keep a unity that amounts to tribalism, hate, intra-country depotations, nepotistic injustices and regional malapropisms just to maintain their grip on the spoils of war - the black oil.

Personally, my opinion is, if there is a way that this union can be abrogated without a single spill of blood, then its better we go back to pre-1914 quo, but if it will require sacrifice of blood, which should not be, then we should proceed with this rotting experiment and vote GEJ come 2015 cos I need this electricity to stabilize before he leaves Aso Rock, thats all I need from Nigeria, I can take care of myself.
Country of hate, animosity, back biting, deportation, nepotism, agony, suffering, motor accident, plane crash, darkness, roadless, hunger etc
God please can you take away this agony from your people

1 Like

Re: Lord Lugard Created Nigeria To Last For 100 Years Only -ibb by Danhumprey: 7:18am On Sep 15, 2013
Jamji:

even the mods are tired of these childish display. please tell us if you earn royalties or commercial endorsements for being first to comment. you people should group up!
Abeg,tell them oooo. Sometimes,such comment is annoying,at other time,it's funny.
Re: Lord Lugard Created Nigeria To Last For 100 Years Only -ibb by oneeast3: 8:22am On Sep 15, 2013
IBB is a clown. Why didn't he say this when he was Head of State?
Re: Lord Lugard Created Nigeria To Last For 100 Years Only -ibb by gbanikiti(m): 8:38am On Sep 15, 2013
If Nigeria disintegrate in 2014,better for all of us. This unholy union of different ethnic groups is no longer working. Make everybody answer im papa name. angry
Re: Lord Lugard Created Nigeria To Last For 100 Years Only -ibb by Nobody: 8:43am On Sep 15, 2013
the biggest mistake ever made by man known as Lord Lugard is the amalgamation of Nigeria..history has shown that the aimagamation is a union of people with difference in virtually everything....the so called union must fail for each of us to move forward..
Re: Lord Lugard Created Nigeria To Last For 100 Years Only -ibb by talk2hb1(m): 9:05am On Sep 15, 2013
Good to Know this undecided undecided undecided
Re: Lord Lugard Created Nigeria To Last For 100 Years Only -ibb by Nobody: 9:18am On Sep 15, 2013
welcome development, hopefully it will all be over soon
Re: Lord Lugard Created Nigeria To Last For 100 Years Only -ibb by ketoprofen(m): 10:22am On Sep 15, 2013
L.M Ayedun..:

lord Lugard created Nigeria, lets get some tnz straight
Re: Lord Lugard Created Nigeria To Last For 100 Years Only -ibb by juman(m): 11:10am On Sep 15, 2013
Babangida also stated that mistakes of past administrations are putting pressure on the country today though he refused to identify the mistakes or the past administrations that made them.
Said he “Some of the mistakes of the past have now come to haunt us. But let me make one thing clear. Not all these mistakes were made out of callousness or bad faith or malice.
“Most people in office do their best. They act to the best of their ability
. Unless we think that our leaders have divine ability, we have to admit that even with all the best of their abilities and even with the best faith and with the best of all intentions, human beings will still make mistakes,”

They were not mistake. They were deliberate act. They build their pockets instead of building the nation.

Which leaders among them didn't/don't know that the country need infrastructure like 24/7 electricity, rail services, good airports, good rood, good hospitals, good housing facility etc.

Above all the so called leaders pass their indiscipline way of life to the masses and totally destroyed the system. An indiscipline country is a dead country. I remember "egunje dey for everywhere" during IBB time.
The "leaders" were/are not sincere and our problem is majorly one nigeria. Eight years was enough for IBB to make significant changes and development, but he failed woefully. No to one nigeria.
Re: Lord Lugard Created Nigeria To Last For 100 Years Only -ibb by LMAyedun(m): 11:20am On Sep 15, 2013
ketoprofen:

lord Lugard created Nigeria, lets get some tnz straight
Nobody is disputing the fact that Lord Lugard created Nigeria, but who created Lord Lugard, the creator(God). So God was involved inthe idea that brought about a country called Nigeria.
Same God will pull Nigeria out of all this, that has turned our country into darkness cuz our problems in Nigeria are now more than ordinary, we need something supernatural to help us.
Re: Lord Lugard Created Nigeria To Last For 100 Years Only -ibb by juman(m): 11:29am On Sep 15, 2013
If the "leaders" perform well, we suppose to be celebrating the creation of nigeria instead of talking of separation. What a country!

But failure of people like IBB and others keep nigeria on its knee instead of becoming a great and proudly nation.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gov. Fashola Lift The Ban On Okada Riders In Lagos / Which Nigerian State Would You "DELETE" ?? / Why FG Is Against Devaluation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.