Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,243 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. (31683 Views)

President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable / An Open Letter To Senator Adetumbi - 'Enugu Is Not Bankrupt' / Enugu Is Flooded (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:34am On Sep 15, 2013
Ibadan is the most overhyped village in nigeria.That place is just a glorified village.I lived there for 3 weeks in 2008.The people ther are so poor and local.They hardly speak english.if you are not conversant with yoruba language you will find it hard .

Comparing Ibadan with Enugu is an insult to human intelligence.Aside Lagos Enugu is far finer than any other SW city

8 Likes

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Kairoseki77: 7:36am On Sep 15, 2013
Ikengawo: Finest cities in Nigeria
1. Abuja
2. Lagos
3. Calabar
4. Enugu
5. Uyo

[size=16pt]Cities with the most unicorns, dragons, and faeries.

1. Borno
2. Jos
3. Iseyin
4. Ikare[/size]

[img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTUa7Fb3fnUs2avebKMkT80jaNJxzqTItw6_6YNt5dWy06_TwJ0hw[/img]

[img]http://www.komar.de/fileadmin/media/Fototapeten_Bilder/8-466_Fairies_Meadow_m.jpg[/img]

[size=18pt]Pictures are sentiments, not facts.[/size]
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Kairoseki77: 7:36am On Sep 15, 2013
chukwudi44: Ibadan is the most overhyped village in nigeria.That place is just a glorified village.I lived there for 3 weeks in 2008.The people ther are so poor and local.They hardly speak english.if you are not conversant with yoruba language you will find it hard .

Comparing Ibadan with Enugu is an insult to human intelligence. Aside Lagos Enugu is far finer than any other SW city

Here it is again! Still patiently waiting for you to provide facts and figures.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Ikengawo: 7:38am On Sep 15, 2013
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by obitwo: 7:38am On Sep 15, 2013
See scanty shopping mall

I've never seen any picture of the mall with massive shoppers even on a Saturday and I've been to the mall on a weekend

This mall in Enugu is the one with low sales, no shoppers, no patronage

You bet it will close ten times over before a section of Shoprite in Ibadan shuts down

5 Likes

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by FreeGlobe(f): 7:38am On Sep 15, 2013
obitwo:

And who says that Shoprite isn't planning to open another outlet following impressive sales?

KFC has opened two outlets already in Ibadan and has none yet in the SE

The SW has the least unemployment rate and its no wonder they keep trooping in daily to flee from the stark poverty ravaging towns and villages built on what is left of eroded barren land

Anambra has lowest rate of unemployment – Minister

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/07/anambra-has-lowest-rate-of-unemployment-minister/
bloody liars

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Ikengawo: 7:39am On Sep 15, 2013
obitwo: See scanty shopping mall

I've never seen any picture of the mall with massive shoppers even on a Saturday and I've been to the mall on a weekend

You bet it will close ten times over before a section of Shoprite in Ibadan shuts down
try again

7 Likes

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Adaviruqu: 7:39am On Sep 15, 2013
I am surprise at the way the people across niger river assumed that Enugu is more developed than Oyo state. Apart from Enugu town which other area in Enugu state that you can compare with either oyo town or ogbomoso.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Stunner1(f): 7:39am On Sep 15, 2013
@OP u r a bigot
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Ikengawo: 7:41am On Sep 15, 2013
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by FreeGlobe(f): 7:42am On Sep 15, 2013
Ranking Nigerian cities. Top Cities
Abuja
Lagos
Enugu
Port Harcourt

Top Slums and Villages
Ibadan
Abeokuta
Osogbo
Ekiti
Kogi

6 Likes

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by passion007: 7:44am On Sep 15, 2013
Adaviruqu: I am surprise at the way the people across niger river assumed that Enugu is more developed than Oyo state. Apart from Enugu town which other area in Enugu state that you can compare with either oyo town or ogbomoso.
Oh now you admit Enugu city is finer than your Oyo. I've no doubt that when we're done showing pictures of Nsukka and Agbani, you'll realize that Ogbomoso is just another slum as well.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Ikengawo: 7:44am On Sep 15, 2013
Adaviruqu: I am surprise at the way the people across niger river assumed that Enugu is more developed than Oyo state. Apart from Enugu town which other area in Enugu state that you can compare with either oyo town or ogbomoso.
Nnsuka

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1284401_uni_nigeria_nsukka_jpg8d2da1a3834b880ce7c42d723dbf97e6

home of the first indigenous university in nigeria and largest library in west africa

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by obitwo: 7:45am On Sep 15, 2013
Ikengawo:
try again

Your picture has a time stamp which is September 2011 when it was opened

As I speak, no one goes there anymore

Only to window shop

The poverty there is extreme

4 Likes

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:46am On Sep 15, 2013
Kairoseki77:

Kairoseki77:

Bros abeg try and travel outside the SW ejoor.I was very dispointed the first time I came to ibadan in 2008.That place is simply a glorified village.it is not fit to be called a city
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by FreeGlobe(f): 7:46am On Sep 15, 2013
obitwo: See scanty shopping mall

The only time we saw a massive crowd in the Ibadan shoprite was during the commissioning when the whole Oyo state trooped out to perform the function after that it has been turned to a ghost mall with a trickle of visits and student excursions here and there. lmaoooo

4 Likes

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Ikengawo: 7:48am On Sep 15, 2013
obitwo:

Only to window shop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTivAOPOXBQ
2 months ago

4 Likes

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by FreeGlobe(f): 7:50am On Sep 15, 2013
obitwo:

Only to window shop

I just returned from Enugu this week and during my visit there earlier in the week to buy a couple things I had to queue in a long line to buy bread, something that is impossible in Ibadan shoprite. lmaooooo

3 Likes

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Kingspin(m): 7:52am On Sep 15, 2013
obitwo:

People who brandish pictures on this forum never cease to amaze me

Aren't there neighborhoods in Lagos that are prettier than some areas in New York?

Does that make Lagos richer than New York?

I can decide to post pictures selectively. Enugu is one of the smallest and the poorest, not only in GDP but in per capita
Your GDP is the highest but dnt have the cash to spend or to feed wel. No better environment than Enugu. How is the money circulating in your state na one man show.. Lagos aside nø SW state come close to Eungu.. Some of you never visit any other zone so people like us who enter SW except Lagos can tell more. The last hope of a Yoruba man is Lagos. If u can describe Calabar than your not far from how well the town look.. Ask ur neighbour.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:53am On Sep 15, 2013
Why anybody would compare any SW state, including the stench filled Lagos State, to Enugu is beyond me.

It is inconceivable, odd and down right laughable.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Ikengawo: 7:53am On Sep 15, 2013
Low patronage hits newly opened Ibadan shoprite
The first day it opened it was like a tourist site, but the Ibadan people have since found their way back to their local markets...
http://lindaikeji..com/2013/07/low-patronage-hits-newly-opened-ibadan.html

3 Likes

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Kairoseki77: 7:54am On Sep 15, 2013
chukwudi44:

Bros abeg try and travel outside the SW ejoor.I was very dispointed the first time I came to ibadan in 2008.That place is simply a glorified village.it is not fit to be called a city

So no facts, or figures, just chest beating?
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Ucheosefoh(m): 7:57am On Sep 15, 2013
Nawa na so some piple will fabricate a fake stat without a credible source and the gullible and bigots head will believe it

3 Likes

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Kairoseki77: 8:00am On Sep 15, 2013
Ucheosefoh: Nawa na so some piple will fabricate a fake stat without a credible source and the gullible and bigots head will believe it

Bros I provided my source. Where is yours?

1 Like

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by passion007: 8:00am On Sep 15, 2013
Ikengawo: Low patronage hits newly opened Ibadan shoprite

Ikengawo, I always thought this was hearsay; I never knew it was so true. And these Ibadan peeps be like "We got Shoprite". What a shame! The kain chronic severe poverty in Oyo no get part 2.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by ihimami: 8:00am On Sep 15, 2013
Ikengawo:
Nnsuka

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1284401_uni_nigeria_nsukka_jpg8d2da1a3834b880ce7c42d723dbf97e6

home of the first indigenous university in nigeria and largest library in west africa

I have lived and work in Enugu, and I know all the towns in Enugu state, there is no way you can compare it with Oyo state. Oyo state is more developed and you post a pictures university environments in Nsuka to reflect how developed the town is, please give us a break. Some one else can equally post a beautiful pictures of the University campus in Ogbomoso to counter you.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Ikengawo: 8:00am On Sep 15, 2013
There are parts of lagos that out rank enugu, but as a whole, enugu is better. No slums, ghettos, beggars, makoko, go slow, odor, agbero, crime, pollution, noise, chaos, uncivilized thugs,

4 Likes

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Kairoseki77: 8:01am On Sep 15, 2013
passion007: Ikengawo, I always thought this was hearsay; I never knew it was so true. And these Ibadan peeps be like "We got Shoprite". What a shame!

It IS hearsay. Linda Ikeji is the only source and the Shoprite is STILL in Ibadan till date.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by obitwo: 8:03am On Sep 15, 2013
Ikengawo: Low patronage hits newly opened Ibadan shoprite

Why am I not surprised? It's Linda Ikeji
FreeGlobe:
Anambra has lowest rate of unemployment – Minister

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/07/anambra-has-lowest-rate-of-unemployment-minister/
bloody liars

Your lie of a link is a 2012 report. Mine is 2013 and Osun State has the lowest unemployment rate
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Ikengawo: 8:03am On Sep 15, 2013
You can't watch this vid and say Enugu and the SW are on the same path of operation. Enugu is what the SW will look like if good governance prevails for the next 3 decades there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUP9U2Gj3-Q

7 Likes

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Ucheosefoh(m): 8:04am On Sep 15, 2013
Kairoseki77:

Bros I provided my source. Where is yours?
I cant open the source with my browser
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by FreeGlobe(f): 8:04am On Sep 15, 2013
Meanwhile because of it success in Enugu, Shoprite is expanding to the whole of south east with 3 centers in Anambra (Nnewi, Awka and Onitsha) and Owerri in the offing.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Rauf Aregbesola Celebrates His 60th Birthday By Walking On The Streets (Photos) / Photo Of Atiku Having A Light Dinner At Home / The Warning Message Ikeja Electric Sent To Their Customers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.