Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,292 members, 7,829,664 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

Did Our Languages Come From The "TOWER OF BABEL"? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did Our Languages Come From The "TOWER OF BABEL"? (966 Views)

The Mystery Of The Tower Of Babel / Where Did Our Forefathers Go? / The Evil Spirit That Corrupted Lucifer (satan's) Mind; Where Did It Come From? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Our Languages Come From The "TOWER OF BABEL"? by Chimaritoponcho: 9:32am On Sep 15, 2013
"jehovah scattered them from there over all the surface of the earth,and they gradually left off building the city.That is why its name was called Babel,because there jehovah had confused the language of all the earth."-Genesis 11:8,9.
Did that event recorded in the bible really happen?Did people start speaking different languages all at once,as described?
While some believe the babel account others reject it."others believe that several original languages developed independently,advancing from simple grunts to complex speech.These and other conflicting theories have caused many to agree with professor W.T.Fitch,who wrote in his book 'The Evolution of language:"We do not yet have fully convincing answers."
So,my fellow Nairalanders,what do you believe?
Re: Did Our Languages Come From The "TOWER OF BABEL"? by taiocol: 9:42am On Sep 15, 2013
whch of our language? Pigin or wat
Re: Did Our Languages Come From The "TOWER OF BABEL"? by Nobody: 9:43am On Sep 15, 2013
No. God doesn't understand Igbo or Hausa.
Re: Did Our Languages Come From The "TOWER OF BABEL"? by johnwizey: 9:57am On Sep 15, 2013
aManFromMars: No. God doesn't understand Igbo or Hausa.
and who told you God doesn't understand Igbo or Hausa? Don't dey pray †Φ God or God does nt communicate wit dem? U are an atheist, no wonder you are saying rubbish.
@OP ℓ̊ don't knw either,dats wat we were thought †Φ believe

1 Like

Re: Did Our Languages Come From The "TOWER OF BABEL"? by Nobody: 9:58am On Sep 15, 2013
johnwizey: and who told you God doesn't understand Igbo or Hausa? Don't dey pray †Φ God or God does nt communicate wit dem? U are an atheist, no wonder you are saying rubbish.
Has God ever told you he understands Igbo or Hausa? No Bible verse, but I trust faith.. somehow you know he does... smiley
Re: Did Our Languages Come From The "TOWER OF BABEL"? by johnwizey: 10:00am On Sep 15, 2013
aManFromMars:
Has God ever told you he understands Igbo or Hausa? No Bible verse, but I trust faith.. somehow you know he does... smiley
hw come God relate wit my Ibo folks if he did nt understand their language?

1 Like

Re: Did Our Languages Come From The "TOWER OF BABEL"? by texanomaly(f): 10:03am On Sep 15, 2013
aManFromMars:
Double take don give me whiplash...huh? shocked
Re: Did Our Languages Come From The "TOWER OF BABEL"? by Nobody: 10:04am On Sep 15, 2013
johnwizey: hw come God relate wit my Ibo folks if he did nt understand their language?
Chukwu related with your Igbo folks, cause he was part of them, much closer to them than they thought, for he dwelt in their minds, their heads, like ideas. Chukwu wasn't alone, Anyanwu, Ekwensu and a host of others.

Yahweh comes along, the jealous Hebrew God. Along with his companion, Satan/Lucifer.. they don't understand your language, so they study you.Then they teach you their ways, and give you their names.

TBC. smiley
Re: Did Our Languages Come From The "TOWER OF BABEL"? by johnwizey: 10:11am On Sep 15, 2013
aManFromMars:
Chukwu related with your Igbo folks, cause he was part of them, much closer to them than they thought, for he dwelt in their minds, their heads, like ideas. Chukwu wasn't alone, Anyanwu, Ekwensu and a host of others.

Yahweh comes along, the jealous Hebrew God. Along with his companion, Satan/Lucifer.. they don't understand your language, so they study you.Then they teach you their ways, and give you their names.

TBC. smiley
See another lost soul,u've been brainwashed by different ideas. U are just so confused. The ibo believe dat Chukwu is †ђξ same as Yahweh u are talking abt, hw many of dem do u see running after Ekwensi in dis modern day?
Re: Did Our Languages Come From The "TOWER OF BABEL"? by Nobody: 10:26am On Sep 15, 2013
johnwizey: See another lost soul,u've been brainwashed by different ideas. U are just so confused. The ibo believe dat Chukwu is †ђξ same as Yahweh u are talking abt, hw many of dem do u see running after Ekwensi in dis modern day?

Is Ekwensu the same deity as Lucifer?
Re: Did Our Languages Come From The "TOWER OF BABEL"? by scaler345: 10:41am On Sep 15, 2013
Nah. Our languages come from the Empire State Building or the Eiffel Tower. I'm very sure. You can't convince me otherwise because I read it in my sacred book.
Re: Did Our Languages Come From The "TOWER OF BABEL"? by Chimaritoponcho: 11:11am On Sep 15, 2013
scaler345: Nah. Our languages come from the Empire State Building or the Eiffel Tower. I'm very sure. You can't convince me otherwise because I read it in my sacred book.
sacred book? What sacred book are u talking about and what the hell is an eiffel tower?
Re: Did Our Languages Come From The "TOWER OF BABEL"? by Chimaritoponcho: 11:12am On Sep 15, 2013
taiocol: whch of our language? Pigin or wat
All languages na..dont you know how many languages we hav in nigeria? Smh
Re: Did Our Languages Come From The "TOWER OF BABEL"? by Chimaritoponcho: 11:14am On Sep 15, 2013
johnwizey: and who told you God doesn't understand Igbo or Hausa? Don't dey pray †Φ God or God does nt communicate wit dem? U are an atheist, no wonder you are saying rubbish.
you took the words out of my bro.believe me you are on point
Re: Did Our Languages Come From The "TOWER OF BABEL"? by Chimaritoponcho: 11:17am On Sep 15, 2013
texanomaly:
Double take don give me whiplash...huh? shocked
if i say i understand what you said, i'd be lying so could you please mak me understand? *asks politely*
Re: Did Our Languages Come From The "TOWER OF BABEL"? by Chimaritoponcho: 11:21am On Sep 15, 2013
@amanfrommars are you are an atheist? If yes,then perhaps you can tell how our languages came about the atheist way
Re: Did Our Languages Come From The "TOWER OF BABEL"? by scaler345: 11:52am On Sep 15, 2013
Chimaritoponcho:
sacred book? What sacred book are u talking about?
Dang! You just nailed it.
Re: Did Our Languages Come From The "TOWER OF BABEL"? by scaler345: 11:55am On Sep 15, 2013
Well, about Eiffel Tower? ' I'm feeling lucky'. LoL
Re: Did Our Languages Come From The "TOWER OF BABEL"? by Delafruita(m): 11:56am On Sep 15, 2013
and you believe everything you're taught no matter how silly and ridiculous it sounds?
Re: Did Our Languages Come From The "TOWER OF BABEL"? by Delafruita(m): 11:58am On Sep 15, 2013
scaler345: Nah. Our languages come from the Empire State Building or the Eiffel Tower. I'm very sure. You can't convince me otherwise because I read it in my sacred book.
you missed the burj al khalifah
Re: Did Our Languages Come From The "TOWER OF BABEL"? by scaler345: 12:02pm On Sep 15, 2013
Delafruita: you missed the burj al khalifah
Lol. It was delibrate. The guy didn't even know Eiffel Tower. We give up!
Re: Did Our Languages Come From The "TOWER OF BABEL"? by Nobody: 12:04pm On Sep 15, 2013
scaler345: Lol. It was delibrate. The guy didn't even know Eiffel Tower. We give up!

LOL/
Re: Did Our Languages Come From The "TOWER OF BABEL"? by scaler345: 12:09pm On Sep 15, 2013
aManFromMars:

LOL/
Mate, I'm actually having a great time here. LoL indeed!
Re: Did Our Languages Come From The "TOWER OF BABEL"? by Chimaritoponcho: 12:21pm On Sep 15, 2013
scaler345: Lol. It was delibrate. The guy didn't even know Eiffel Tower. We give up!
uhhhhm...not like i dont know eiffel tower jus dat i wanted to be certain if it was the particular one i was thinkingp#blv#
Re: Did Our Languages Come From The "TOWER OF BABEL"? by Chimaritoponcho: 12:23pm On Sep 15, 2013
aManFromMars:

LOL/
And whats so funny?huh
Re: Did Our Languages Come From The "TOWER OF BABEL"? by scaler345: 12:25pm On Sep 15, 2013
Chimaritoponcho:
uhhhhm...not like i dont know eiffel tower jus dat i wanted to be certain if it was the particular one i was thinkingp#blv#
Oops, I'm sorry. My bad! I was referring to the one in Minsk.
Re: Did Our Languages Come From The "TOWER OF BABEL"? by Chimaritoponcho: 12:54pm On Sep 15, 2013
scaler345: Oops, I'm sorry. My bad! I was referring to the one in Minsk.
whatever
Re: Did Our Languages Come From The "TOWER OF BABEL"? by MrTroll(m): 1:34pm On Sep 15, 2013
Chimaritoponcho:
grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Yahweh, Elohim, Adonai's Covenant Of Peace For We The Children Of Y'istraeli / Why Haven't All Alfa Sulaimon's Prohecies Come To Pass? / Wow Its 2015,come In And Say Thank U JESUS For Allown Me 2 C Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.