Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,345 members, 7,867,998 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 08:38 AM

2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference (14695 Views)

Prof. Wole Soyinka To Buhari, Convene An Emergency Economic Conference / Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date / Jonathan Okays Sovereign National Conference, SNC To Take Off Next Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by ukemilia(f): 11:40am On Sep 15, 2013
Oya nah lets go there!!!
Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by suwailad(f): 11:46am On Sep 15, 2013
So nigeria is actually breaking to pieces.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by Rooneyboy(m): 12:04pm On Sep 15, 2013
Nigeria breaking up ! Omo , thank God ooo , all man to his tent, let's see who laughs last cool

#i di ok cool

1 Like

Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by omonnakoda: 12:04pm On Sep 15, 2013
Jonathan has neither the mandate nor power to convene any such thing.Any President that wishes to do so should contest election on that manifesto

1 Like

Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by Wily1Wily: 12:06pm On Sep 15, 2013
suwailad: So nigeria is actually breaking to pieces.
That is nice, Yorubas love to have their Republic of Ooduduwa, we should support them and wish them best of luck.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by skyfall: 12:06pm On Sep 15, 2013
This has to be a joke. I don't believe he has the capacity to pull that off. He'll most likely be consumed by it, due to his selfish reasons. I wish to be proved wrong though.

And children...who told you that an SNC means Nigeria is breaking up?
Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by ichidodo: 12:07pm On Sep 15, 2013
I see fear in the eyes of the lazy ones.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by Awoofawo(m): 12:08pm On Sep 15, 2013
toothpaste: SNC or no SNC, we support GEJ 2015-2019

Igbo President 2019 - 2027

Igbos - World Power 2027 - 3027

Am going to church to pray for this now.

SEE THE AD BELOW:

job opportunity:urgently need at yaba left, resource-personal manager, apply for immediately employment!
requirement: you must be lover of craz tinz grin cool

seems you need this job seriously!

MIND YOU I NO ABUSE YOU O!

am only being by brother keeper\helper o! eundo

1 Like

Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by ichidodo: 12:13pm On Sep 15, 2013
Wily1Wily:
That is nice, Yorubas love to have their Republic of Ooduduwa, we should support them and wish them best of luck.
Don't forget to organize a send forth 'Mother of all' Owambe for 'em

1 Like

Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by gsainttrinity(m): 12:27pm On Sep 15, 2013
I see many separatists, oduduwa, biafra ND, all being happy but what you people don't know is that SNC if it ever holds would only be advisory nothing like breaking the country would result.
so you expect GEJ to sign a memorandum of break aways... After the break what else? he will fold his hands and go home?
SNC may be a welcome development but it will change little or nothing except some few laws nothing more or less.
Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by mars123(m): 12:29pm On Sep 15, 2013
SNC doesn't mean Nigeria will break...its to strenghten the unity of the people of Nigeria,and share ideas and opinion on how to move d Nation forward...
Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by Nobody: 12:31pm On Sep 15, 2013
Gbawe: I hope, for the sake of the President, this is not true. If it is, then his opponents everywhere will be ready to highlight his hypocrisy and characteristic desperation to actualise a 2015 win to the extent he now cynically turns towards hijacking something he had denied Nigerians the opportunity of exploring in the past as a veritable tool of negotiating a way forward.

Now that the world is collapsing around him, he wants to cynically and divisively rope Nigerians into his desperate fight to stay in office using the same SNC he firmly and uncompromisingly outlawed. Analysts will also not fail to highlight how this is entirely similar to how a desperate OBJ sought to use a fake SNC to rubber stamp his third term ambition.We all saw OBJ desperately spending a fortune trying to fake "the people's backing" for his effort to stay in office longer than is constitutionally allowed.

If GEJ embarks on this desperate journey, a rocket scientist will not be needed to predict that his critics will have a field day showing GEJ to be "more of the same" and worse ala African 'sit-tight' leaders who want to die in power despite being terrible leaders.

President Jonathan, stick to your words for once. Be principled. If Nigeria had "gone beyond" SNC in 2011, after you had just won and felt untouchable, then the same SNC cannot now be needed today simply because you are desperate to stay in office despite blowing the goodwill Nigerians vested in you to become a monumental disappointment behind the worsening of Nigeria's most serious problems. You have unravelled to become exactly the same as the leaders you claimed you were a departure from with your "fresh air" and "transformation" ruse.

http://ipledge2nigeria.com/index.php/articles/news/editorial-weekly/614-president-rules-out-sovereign-national-conference-.html

Why are you so afraid of SNC ?

Let me guess, you are not in support of SNC because GEJ is Pro-SNC and if GEJ was anti-SNC, you would have automatically become pro-SNC. You need to re-evaluate your moral compass and bolster your principles in rational unbias. Your psychological volatility is becoming unbecoming.

Let it be known that the Bank of Justice, can never go bankrupt, every one will earn interest in what they commit to the saving hands of nature's Gods.

This country was amalgamated for a 100 yrs period expiring 2014, so we need to review our history and utilize it as a yardstick to weighing our continuous existence as a nation or restoration to Pre-1914 quo.

Let the Oil Money not be the only binder, let's decide our fate as a people, it is either now in peace or later at war (Gods forbid).

I support SNC and every right thinking Nigerian knows this truth.

16 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by Wily1Wily: 12:34pm On Sep 15, 2013
mars123: SNC doesn't mean Nigeria will break...its to strenghten the unity of the people of Nigeria,and share ideas and opinion on how to move d Nation forward...
Every thing is going to be on table, those that wish to leave the union will be free to do so, and those that want to continue with Nigeria will go on, people have to make Choice and move on with their lives.

7 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by swedbase(m): 1:02pm On Sep 15, 2013
God bless Biafra and Biafrans all over the world

5 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by Nobody: 1:03pm On Sep 15, 2013
I will support him if he truly have genuine intention .....and not trying to force the hands of the Northerners.....
Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by swedbase(m): 1:09pm On Sep 15, 2013
ilugunboy: I will support him if he truly have genuine intention .....and not trying to force the hands of the Northerners.....

Genuine intention like:-?
Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by huptin(m): 1:13pm On Sep 15, 2013
I support SNC whole heartedly, this nation needs retooling if it must develop. And speaking frankly there is no need to be afraid of separation with the declining fortunes of oil in the world market there is need for a total revamp of the nation's economy, if we dony do this now, we might live to regret it.
Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by mikey2fin: 1:30pm On Sep 15, 2013
The land of the rising Sun BIAFRA!!

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by atlwireles: 1:33pm On Sep 15, 2013
ilugunboy: I will support him if he truly have genuine intention .....and not trying to force the hands of the Northerners.....

Why worry about other people. What do you want from this country I was hoping most of you from the SW will jumping for joy.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by cjrane: 1:35pm On Sep 15, 2013
Jonathan should not convoke any National Conference. He should learn from history. Those who try to save Nigeria,often die before their time.

Let Nigeria continue to grope around, those that destroyed it will later find out that they need to fix it.

GEJ DROP THIS BAD IDEA OF A CONFERENCE!
Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by Nobody: 1:38pm On Sep 15, 2013
Yipeeee!(jump up so high my head touch the ceilings) This is long over due. But wait o. Can someone remind me what happen at the end of that cartoon- Tom, Jerry and Spike trying to divide a meat among themselves?
Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by atlwireles: 1:41pm On Sep 15, 2013
Gbawe: I hope, for the sake of the President, this is not true. If it is, then his opponents everywhere will be ready to highlight his hypocrisy and characteristic desperation to actualise a 2015 win to the extent he now cynically turns towards hijacking something he had denied Nigerians the opportunity of exploring in the past as a veritable tool of negotiating a way forward.

Now that the world is collapsing around him, he wants to cynically and divisively rope Nigerians into his desperate fight to stay in office using the same SNC he firmly and uncompromisingly outlawed. Analysts will also not fail to highlight how this is entirely similar to how a desperate OBJ sought to use a fake SNC to rubber stamp his third term ambition.We all saw OBJ desperately spending a fortune trying to fake "the people's backing" for his effort to stay in office longer than is constitutionally allowed.

If GEJ embarks on this desperate journey, a rocket scientist will not be needed to predict that his critics will have a field day showing GEJ to be "more of the same" and worse ala African 'sit-tight' leaders who want to die in power despite being terrible leaders.

President Jonathan, stick to your words for once. Be principled. If Nigeria had "gone beyond" SNC in 2011, after you had just won and felt untouchable, then the same SNC cannot now be needed today simply because you are desperate to stay in office despite blowing the goodwill Nigerians vested in you to become a monumental disappointment behind the worsening of Nigeria's most serious problems. You have unravelled to become exactly the same as the leaders you claimed you were a departure from with your "fresh air" and "transformation" ruse.

http://ipledge2nigeria.com/index.php/articles/news/editorial-weekly/614-president-rules-out-sovereign-national-conference-.html

Which world is collapsing around Jonah Some of you just live in a dream world. I thought most of you from the SW wanted SNC abi your minds have changed

7 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by Nobody: 1:47pm On Sep 15, 2013
atlwireles:

Why worry about other people. What do you want from this country I was hoping most of you from the SW will jumping for joy.

Because I know GEJ want to play the usual desperate politics that have come to define his desperation towards 2015.

Why is he now contemplating on the idea....the same idea he once totally rubbished at a meeting with some Southerners. undecided
Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by AreaFada2: 1:48pm On Sep 15, 2013
gsaint trinity: I see many separatists, oduduwa, biafra ND, all being happy but what you people don't know is that SNC if it evebagidar holds would only be advisory nothing like breaking the country would result.
so you expect GEJ to sign a memorandum of break aways... After the break what else? he will fold his hands and go home?
SNC may be a welcome development but it will change little or nothing except some few laws nothing more or less.

Well except Babangida, Buhari, Atiku and co plan a coup before then, we would at least have the chance to seat down and discuss. Only parasites are afraid of SNC, and they are mostly Northern elites. To the Almajiris it won't make any difference. The Northern elites have oil blocks and easy money at stake.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by Gbawe: 1:51pm On Sep 15, 2013
ilugunboy:

Because I know GEJ want to play the usual desperate politics that have come to define his desperation towards 2015.

Why is he now contemplating on the idea....the same idea he once totally rubbished at a meeting with some Southerners. undecided

This is the bottom line. More self-serving antics from a desperate President.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by Emperor007: 1:59pm On Sep 15, 2013
SNC is long over due.

Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by atlwireles: 1:59pm On Sep 15, 2013
ilugunboy:

So you have a timing problem Desperation towards 2015 is out in the open for the whole world to see. Jonah is not the one pushing that card. Let's find a way to avert the blood letting coming in 2015. The sooner the better.

4 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by Akpaife(m): 2:01pm On Sep 15, 2013
Wily1Wily: Very very Good, thank God Yorubas are going to declare their Republic of Ooduduwa soon.
Why nt now what are u piple waiting 4
Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by Wily1Wily: 2:02pm On Sep 15, 2013
Area-Fada:
Only parasites are afraid of SNC, and they are mostly Northern elites. To the Almajiris it won't make any difference. The Northern elites have oil blocks and easy money at stake.
North only Co-North, Yorubas are afraid too, but i don't know the reason why they are afraid to have Ooduduwa Republic which is a good thing.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by Akpaife(m): 2:02pm On Sep 15, 2013
Realdeals: who is afraid of SNC?
U n ur followers
Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by Emperor007: 2:05pm On Sep 15, 2013
Realdeals: who is afraid of SNC?

^^^

Ask them...

Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by Nobody: 2:09pm On Sep 15, 2013
atlwireles:

So you have a timing problem Desperation towards 2015 is out in the open for the whole world to see. Jonah is not the one pushing that card. Let's find a way to avert the blood letting coming in 2015. The sooner the better.

Let me attempt to burst your bubble and a bit of your naïveté ....

GEJ cannot with a stroke of pen put life into an SNC....

He need majority support of the NASS to suspend some part of the constitution ...and ensure that the outcome of the constitution can be enshrined into law.

I am not one of those that believe that the SNC is predetermined to balkanize Nigeria....but rather a means to strengthen the union and put the Federalism into proper context....if you think SNC will divide Nigeria....am sorry to tell you that may not happen.

So what am I saying? GEJ need NASS support and currently I doubt if he can muster such political will.

I won't be jumping like a kid with candies in his hand the way you are....if you truly understand the nitty-gritty involved

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

5 In Prison For Disgracing Abubakar Bello / Economic Diversification: All State Capitals To Enjoy Railway Services – Amaechi / Osun Gov Election: Oyetola Closes Defence At Tribunal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.