Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,713 members, 7,831,247 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:04 PM

What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? (30716 Views)

A Cheating Husband Is Not The Worst Thing That Can Happen In Marriage. / The Little Things That Determine The Success Of A Marriage. / Whats The Worst Thing A Friend Has Done To You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by bellong: 10:02am On Oct 24, 2013
Sagamite:
shocked

Carefree. You think I need to be married before I, a whole Sagamite from Sagamu, will not tolerate such rubbish? undecided

Have you ever met a man from Sagamu before? tongue

Where in Sagamu are you from, Sabo, Epe, Mosimi, Ijokun etc............
Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by Sagamite(m): 10:05am On Oct 24, 2013
bellong:

Where in Sagamu are you from, Sabo, Epe, Mosimi, Ijokun etc............

Soyindo.

The area with the highest babalawo per capita.
Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by Nobody: 10:06am On Oct 24, 2013
Sagamite:

shocked

Carefree. You think I need to be married before I, a whole Sagamite from Sagamu, will not tolerate such rubbish? undecided

Have you ever met a man from Sagamu before? tongue

Saga, you know I like talking to you very much but sometimes I would also like to slap you tongue

Sometimes we need to experience some things to understand them. Even the toughest of people with very strong principles can change and do things they never thought they would be doing when in love. I am sorry but I don't think you know what it is like to be deeply in love, marry for this reason and then to be trying to do anything to save the person and the marriage.
Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by bellong: 10:12am On Oct 24, 2013
Sagamite:

Soyindo.

The area with the highest babalawo per capita.

You know and admit it......... Sagamu people sef fear Soyindo people die...

My mum is from Sagamu (Epe).
Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by Sagamite(m): 10:18am On Oct 24, 2013
carefreewannabe:

Saga, you know I like talking to you very much but sometimes I would also like to slap you tongue

Sometimes we need to experience some things to understand them. Even the toughest of people with very strong principles can change and do things they never thought they would be doing when in love. I am sorry but I don't think you know what it is like to be deeply in love, marry for this reason and then to be trying to do anything to save the person and the marriage.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Maybe when I was younger, you can be talking about changing principles. grin

That was when I was nurtured to think marriage and women were infallible. That was when I could love without conditions.

Now at a more advanced age. It really, really, really, really, really is impossible.

I have life experiences, a clarity of thought processing, an understanding of human behaviours and the indefatigable personality to have independent thoughts/assessment (instead of following the crowd or being populist) that my love is conditional.

If someone fails on the conditions, fck love.

Even my love for my kids when they reach age of reasoning is conditional.

I am not one of those people that fall for widely held populist platitudes like "unconditional love", hence lose all my senses.

Love aint blind in my world. I love with my eyes wide open like someone high on crystal meth.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by Sagamite(m): 10:19am On Oct 24, 2013
bellong:

You know and admit it......... Sagamu people sef fear Soyindo people die...

My mum is from Sagamu (Epe).

Wah sheyree!

You mum has passed you great blood.
Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by Alfoasegh: 10:32am On Oct 24, 2013
Sagamite:

That was when I was nurtured to think marriage and women were infallible. That was when I could love without conditions.

Now at a more advanced age. It really, really, really, really, really is impossible.

I have life experiences, a clarity of thought processing and the indefatigable personality to have independent thoughts/assessment (instead of following the crowd or being populist) that my love is conditional.

I am not one of those people that fall for widely held populist platitudes like "unconditional love", hence lose all my senses.

Love aint blind in my world. I love with my eyes wide open like someone high on crystal meth.
You just decribed me with the bolded. Thanks mate.
Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by Sagamite(m): 10:34am On Oct 24, 2013
Alfoasegh:
You just decribed me with the bolded. Thanks mate.

O' boy, chop knuckle.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by Nobody: 10:38am On Oct 24, 2013
Sagamite:

I have life experiences, a clarity of thought processing and the indefatigable personality to have independent thoughts/assessment (instead of following the crowd or being populist) that my love is conditional.

You have read too much into my post.
I didn't talk about unconditional love. I just said that people tend to accept and forgive more when they're in love. It doesn't include accepting everything forever. I wouldn't take everything either because I also love myself and when it comes to the point that a relationship constantly puts me down and takes too much of my energy, I would quit it, so it's NOT about unconditional love.

However, once you decided to marry someone, you should first try to solve the problems before letting go too easily. The man you commented on did whatever he thought was right and necessary and got disappointed, that's life. But there is no need to put him down with snappish remarks. In fact, I admire what he went through for his marriage. It takes a lot of strength to fight for love. It's far easier to play this "I don't take any rubbish card." It's also easier to NOT let anyone come close to your heart because love makes us vulnerable!

I have the feeling that the image of the man you try to live up to is one of the factors that make you so aggressive.
It's not my business and I don't complain 'cause I have never had a problem with you but even the blind can see that you have problems with your anger management and that you treat people in a way you actually have no right to.

Wishing you a lovely day though.
Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by Ishilove: 10:43am On Oct 24, 2013
Okija_juju:

bet why?! grin
You dey ask? grin
Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by Ishilove: 10:47am On Oct 24, 2013
Sagamite:

I have life experiences, a clarity of thought processing, an understanding of human behaviours and the indefatigable personality to have independent thoughts/assessment (instead of following the crowd or being populist) that my love is conditional.

Lwkmd!!! I don learn new one cheesy cheesy
Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by Ishilove: 10:48am On Oct 24, 2013
Sagamite:

Wah sheyree!

You're the male version of Idowuogbo grin
Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by Sagamite(m): 10:54am On Oct 24, 2013
carefreewannabe:

You have read too much into my post.
I didn't talk about unconditional love. I just said that people tend to accept and forgive more when they're in love. It doesn't include accepting everything forever. I wouldn't take everything either because I also love myself and when it comes to the point that a relationship constantly puts me down and takes too much of my energy, I would quit it, so it's NOT about unconditional love.

However, once you decided to marry someone, you should first try to solve the problems before letting go too easily. The man you commented on did whatever he thought was right and necessary and got disappointed, that's life. But there is no need to put him down with snappish remarks. In fact, I admire what he went through for his marriage. It takes a lot of strength to fight for love. It's far easier to play this "I don't take any rubbish card." It's also easier to NOT let anyone come close to your heart because love makes us vulnerable!

I have the feeling that the image of the man you try to live up to is one of the factors that make you so aggressive.
It's not my business and I don't complain 'cause I have never had a problem with you but even the blind can see that you have problems with your anger management and that you treat people in a way you actually have no right to.

Wishing you a lovely day though.

I can accept and forgive. Afterall that is part of the rubbish relationships come with.

But there are things that don't warrant acceptance and forgiveness, especially ones that anyone with a brain can easily allocate sinister ulterior motives to.

A woman telling me she has a child after marriage is one that would not be getting acceptance and forgiveness.

Worse still when she leaves the country after 2 months and decides not to come back and she is a super flirt in front of your eyes.

Accept and forgive me freaking arsse.

Sack letter straight!

I would rather shyt on love than have love shyt on me.

Love is not that important to existence except in Hollywood movies and women's minds.

I have problems with anger management? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You think the Sagamite you see on NL is the one you would see in real life?

And I would still be good looking after all the blows sent my way? grin
Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by Ishilove: 11:04am On Oct 24, 2013
Sagamite:

I can accept and forgive. Afterall that is part of the rubbish relationships come with.

But there are things that don't warrant acceptance and forgiveness, especially ones that anyone with a brain can easily allocate sinister ulterior motives to.

A woman telling me she has a child after marriage is one that would not be getting acceptance and forgiveness.

Worse still when she leaves the country after 2 months and decides not to come back and she is a super flirt in front of your eyes.

Sack letter straight!

Love is not that important to existence except in Hollywood movies and women's minds.

I have problems with anger management? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You get mouth. O l'enu bi nuclear bomb
Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by Ishilove: 11:04am On Oct 24, 2013
Sagamite:

Sack letter straight!

Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by Nobody: 11:06am On Oct 24, 2013
Sagamite:

Sack letter straight!

I didn't intend to send any blows, I am sorry though. I just think it's not fair to make snappish remarks at someone who made a bad experience and who decided to share it. You could have said it in a better way with the same result. He was punished enough with this kind of wife, don't you think?

Love is not everything but everything is nothing without love wink
Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by Sagamite(m): 11:16am On Oct 24, 2013
carefreewannabe:

I didn't intend to send any blows, I am sorry though. I just think it's not fair to make snappish remarks at someone who made a bad experience and who decided to share it. You could have said it in a better way with the same result. He was punished enough with this kind of wife, don't you think?

Love is not everything but everything is nothing without love wink

If you noted, he never said he was the person that faced that, hence I felt I was entitled to be more brutal.

If he had explicitly said he faced that, then I would have held my tongue as I have frequently done on NL.

Come on, I am not that emotionally reetarded!
Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by Sagamite(m): 11:17am On Oct 24, 2013
Ishilove:

Yes ke. grin
Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by Nobody: 11:21am On Oct 24, 2013
Sagamite:

If you noted, he never said he was the person that faced that, hence I felt I was entitled to be more brutal.

If he had explicitly said he was faced that, then I would have held my tongue as I have frequently done on NL.

Come on, I am not that emotionally reetarded!

smiley grin smiley grin smiley

You are better than you sometimes appear to be. That's my impression so far.
Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by Sagamite(m): 12:14pm On Oct 24, 2013
carefreewannabe:

smiley grin smiley grin smiley

You are better than you sometimes appear to be. That's my impression so far.

Many NLers have met me in real life and I am sure none would say I even come across as agree. grin

https://www.nairaland.com/813260/racist-british-woman-captured-videotape/2#9662092

My first few encounters on Nairaland with El Razur was to exchange insults.

https://www.nairaland.com/247564/south-africa-gangs-using-molestation#3595421

Nowadays, we are frequently at each other's house chilling or talking on the phone virtually every week and we still have differing views. tongue

1 Like

Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by Idowuogbo(f): 12:47pm On Oct 24, 2013
Sagamite:

Wah sheyree!

Omo britico, it's "WASERE" not "Wah shey-ree".tongue grin
Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by Sike(m): 12:58pm On Oct 24, 2013
Woged2005: Pls get enof background info about som1 b4 marrying. Don't jump into marriage bc ur mates are married. Only patience can hold a marriage.

It depends on why your husband is not with you. I pray you are not a 'green card wife'. For example, I see many men abroad with just student visas and green cards coming home to marry and getting girls pregnant, and our girls being what they, are tumbling over another to marry a man abroad just to travel, without understanding the immigration rules for these countries. Now how in the whole world will the wife join her husband with a student visa? Spouses of green card holders take close to 5-6yrs b4 joining their spouses. There's no bribery in some developed countries. So no matter what pressure you put don't make any difference to Oyinbo.

Other things that can cause that are:

1.Security situation where ur hubby lives: don't tell me u wan to join a hubby working at Maidugiri at this time.. grin.
2.Accommodation: If the man is just patching in a 1 room, where will u stay with ur kids? some women will say "I've no prblm with that", but will be the 1st to raise hell for a bigger house after 6 months.
3.Demanding Job: If the man's job is such that he's always traveling out like truck drivers and salesmen, you'll still be lonely even if u join him
4.If he's only separated with an ex-wife and not yet legally divorced in a court, try moving in and regret it grin. Allow the process to finish first.

Patience is the key. You knew before you married him abi?
Well Posted.
Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by Idowuogbo(f): 12:58pm On Oct 24, 2013
Ishilove:
You're the male version of Idowuogbo grin
Laye! Saga is craaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy!

I'm semi-madt. grin
Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by Sagamite(m): 1:09pm On Oct 24, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Omo britico, it's "WASERE" not "Wah shey-ree".tongue grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I was trying to be funky na.

You know me. I am as razz as they come with my lovely tribal marks. cheesy
Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by Amari(f): 2:13pm On Oct 24, 2013
Personally,it's where either or both partners marry under false pretences or marry for the wrong reasons. Breeze go blow one day.................
Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by Ishilove: 2:13pm On Oct 24, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Laye! Saga is craaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy!

I'm semi-madt. grin
You are way too humble grin
Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by kunlemaciver(m): 2:57pm On Oct 24, 2013
I don't no what has get into marreid waman thisday.if do this there will say no.if u do that there will no.what do therewhat.is only a god faery waman.that will no how thing are going with men thisdays.the hubs are carring to.
Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by Sagamite(m): 3:25pm On Oct 24, 2013
kunle maciver: I don't no what has get into marreid waman thisday.if do this there will say no.if u do that there will no.what do therewhat.is only a god faery waman.that will no how thing are going with men thisdays.the hubs are carring to.

No min dem. Stewpid things.

This whole westernisation don dabaru dem head, dem no dey listen to a whole MAN anymore.

I go say enter bedroom, dem go say "No".

I go say take off your pant, dem go say "No".

I go say spread your legs, dem go say "No".

I go say touch your toes, dem go say "No".

Which kin tin be dis for God sake? undecided

What has this yeye world turned into? angry

E no go better for 21st century. angry
Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by Drone007: 11:32pm On Feb 14, 2015
Sagamite:

Worst thing that can happen to a marriage is a reetarded man that tolerates all this!

Shallow conclusion. No, such a man is certainly not reetarded(sic). Of course, marriage is at once intricate and complex. Are you married yourself?
Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by Drone007: 11:49pm On Feb 14, 2015
Gudintent:

Oh wow are those from personal experiences?

Personal experiences of clients on counsel!
Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by Sagamite(m): 12:32pm On Mar 26, 2015
Drone007:

Shallow conclusion. No, such a man is certainly not reetarded(sic). Of course, marriage is at once intricate and complex. Are you married yourself?

I am not married as I don't allow something simple become complex, no matter how intricate it is.
Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by Drone007: 11:01am On Mar 29, 2015
Sagamite:

I am not married as I don't allow something simple become complex, no matter how intricate it is.

When (1) you've grown the courage to marry, (2) have actually married, and (3) been in marriage for at least one year, only then will you be given serious thought when you make a statement like the 2nd part of your post!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour / 12 Ways A Nigerian Mother Reacts When You Are Not Ready For Marriage / Wife Of Nigerian Man In UK Dies At 6 Months Pregnancy, Baby Survives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.