Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,613 members, 7,813,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:38 AM

What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? (30686 Views)

A Cheating Husband Is Not The Worst Thing That Can Happen In Marriage. / The Little Things That Determine The Success Of A Marriage. / Whats The Worst Thing A Friend Has Done To You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by ona2: 11:51am On Sep 16, 2013
I found myself recently thinking and wondering what I will do if my husband finally did not fulfill the promise he made almost a year ago this month, that by month ending he will reunite the family. I am really getting fed up with living like a spinster again and I was telling myself that if that promise was broken, he had better prepare for the worst. Now, what is the worst that can ever happen to a marriage?

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by pickabeau1: 12:10pm On Sep 16, 2013
so why dont you go and live with your hubby.. take a career break or study leave or sth instead of thinking of worst case scenarios

7 Likes

Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by bellong: 12:12pm On Sep 16, 2013
Why not focus on the positive for now than thinking about negative in the marriage. At least you knew prior to the marriage that he would not be with you for a time pending when process to be with him is complete. Direct your energy and strength working towards getting together where he is, it will do you more good than feeding your mind with negative thinking.

7 Likes

Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by ona2: 11:25am On Sep 17, 2013
@bellong @peak... U guys got it wrong. Not that am thinking about something bad happening to my marriage. But there are thousands of stories out there of how marriages have turned out. Was hoping stories could be shared here to help married nairalanders. I mean i have an aunt who used to say she can never marry a man who beats up his wife until her husband started tongue lashing her with strong words which was more painful than physical batterning. as in he was attacking her emotions. she suffered until she found a means and started speaking to his reasoning. it was not easy. every little thing she did, the man just took pride at saying different hurting words which cut her deeply. coupled with prayer, the situation changed.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by LewsTherin: 4:44pm On Sep 17, 2013
So why can you not move to where your husband is? Is there any extenuating circumstance preventing that?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by ona2: 11:30am On Oct 22, 2013
[quote author=LewsTherin]So why can you not move to where your husband is? Is there any extenuating circumstance preventing that?[/qu
yes, he is in abuja and i am in Lagos. and you know living in Abuja with you family is not beans.
Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by Woged2005(f): 12:07pm On Oct 22, 2013
Pls get enof background info about som1 b4 marrying. Don't jump into marriage bc ur mates are married. Only patience can hold a marriage.

It depends on why your husband is not with you. I pray you are not a 'green card wife'. For example, I see many men abroad with just student visas and green cards coming home to marry and getting girls pregnant, and our girls being what they, are tumbling over another to marry a man abroad just to travel, without understanding the immigration rules for these countries. Now how in the whole world will the wife join her husband with a student visa? Spouses of green card holders take close to 5-6yrs b4 joining their spouses. There's no bribery in some developed countries. So no matter what pressure you put don't make any difference to Oyinbo.

Other things that can cause that are:

1.Security situation where ur hubby lives: don't tell me u wan to join a hubby working at Maidugiri at this time.. grin.
2.Accommodation: If the man is just patching in a 1 room, where will u stay with ur kids? some women will say "I've no prblm with that", but will be the 1st to raise hell for a bigger house after 6 months.
3.Demanding Job: If the man's job is such that he's always traveling out like truck drivers and salesmen, you'll still be lonely even if u join him
4.If he's only separated with an ex-wife and not yet legally divorced in a court, try moving in and regret it grin. Allow the process to finish first.

Patience is the key. You knew before you married him abi?

14 Likes

Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by ona2: 12:20pm On Oct 22, 2013
background information you say like u are not in naija. things spring up and happen unexpectedly. we were together in lagos before he got a better offer in Abuja. but i agree with u on patience.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by Woged2005(f): 1:09pm On Oct 22, 2013
ona2: background information you say like u are not in naija. things spring up and happen unexpectedly. we were together in lagos before he got a better offer in Abuja. but i agree with u on patience.

Yep there're background info in naija: The way he treated his ex gfs warn us, his friends warn us, people from his villa warn us, his neigbours warn us, even his lifestyle when we're dating us warn too (they use money to woo us, they spread money & gifts on us like typical womanizers but we smile and collect, they slap other girls at parties, they yell at neighbor's children & complain about children, they hang out with questionable men & comeback late, all his Exs took in for him and aborted, they claim to be international biz men traveling abroad, their job title is veeeeeeery looooooong, he buys only cheap fairly used items, he has no good relationship with is parents and neigbors, etc). We naija ladies see all this signs and still go ahead bc we want to be married & answer Mrs. What other background information do we need, sisters?

back on ur case. try and keep urself usefully busy at Lagos. As long as u can visit him at Abuja (unannounced sometimes) and spend quality time with him, you'll be fine. Use BB, FB chat, texts, Skype to keep ur marriage warm. time will heal. but if u start trouble and threats now, why will a man invite trouble to Abuja to live with? grin.

Please be aware that most free counselors on nairaland like me are either naive teenagers, never married before, or have broken homes. Be careful of Nairaland counselors. Talk to ur family rather cheesy

27 Likes

Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by Fhemmmy: 1:37pm On Oct 22, 2013
The worse that could happen to a marriage is growing apart . . .

8 Likes

Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by Nobody: 6:32am On Oct 23, 2013
I dont understand the problem here and i dont know why you are so paranoid.

Babes think positive and positive stuffs will happen to you.moreover you are what you think says the holy book
Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by Sagamite(m): 11:58am On Oct 23, 2013
Worst thing that could happen?

A woman finds out her husband is a poof. An arsse-bastardiser! grin

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by 9jahubcom(m): 4:52pm On Oct 23, 2013
Fhemmmy: The worse that could happen to a marriage is growing apart . . .
ur right
Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Oct 23, 2013
*fear* *fear* *fear*... I've got less than 1 year cry
Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by unmask: 4:55pm On Oct 23, 2013
trying to wrap my head around the question, but the worst that can happen in a marriage is for the s3x to stop......

S3x can be used for anything.....make up, bonding, love etc...

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by Lilimax(f): 4:55pm On Oct 23, 2013
The worst thing that can happen in a marriage is the death of a partner sad
You can have control over every other thing if you choose to undecided

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by israel007: 4:55pm On Oct 23, 2013
[size=25pt]DEATH[/size]

1 Like

Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by unmask: 4:55pm On Oct 23, 2013
trying to wrap my head around the question, but the worst that can happen in a marriage is for the s3x to stop......

S3x can be used for anything.....make up, bonding, love etc...

But my advice is still don't get married....partnership works better
Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by nairaarea: 4:57pm On Oct 23, 2013
MISUNDERSTANDING
Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by Sagamite(m): 4:57pm On Oct 23, 2013
Lilimax: The worst thing that can happen in a marriage is the death of a partner sad
You can have control over every other thing if you choose to undecided

If im dey beat the woman nko and the life insurance payout is huge? grin
Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Oct 23, 2013
undecided
Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Oct 23, 2013
when you get to know that ur wife was once a man.
that she did some surgery to earn those female organs#

8 Likes

Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Oct 23, 2013
'Na my own'

1 Like

Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by eluquenson(m): 4:58pm On Oct 23, 2013
The worst that can happen in a marriage is Divorce

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by yankyone(m): 5:00pm On Oct 23, 2013
In ma opinion, d worst tin z ur hubby hvin an accident wit his spinal cord gettin damaged two mnths afta marriage

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by kingk(m): 5:02pm On Oct 23, 2013
Flytefalls: *fear* *fear* *fear*... I've got less than 1 year cry

Why *fear*? Give your best and you will receive the best too.
Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by Sermwell(m): 5:04pm On Oct 23, 2013
I think women that are too concious about the problems of marriage often got it wrong! The truth is that if a man doesn't want you to know some certain things no matter how hard you try to find out you will never knw! For instance if a man knows that if his wife to be knows that he will not have time for her due to his job, he will often find a way of talking her into believing that's no problem. Ladies always want to rely on their wisdom to choose a better husband but what they don't know is that a lot of things are beyond their understanding and they can only know what their husband to be wants them to know! So my dear ladies just pray to God for the ability to discern the right from the wrong husband..... And pls if you guyz are already fornicating and praying to God for a problem free marriage, you guyz are just another bunch of time wasters!

7 Likes

Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by Victosin09(f): 5:05pm On Oct 23, 2013
The worst thing that can happen in a marriage is lack of communication. This kills faster than a grenade.
@OP, ur marriage is what you make of it. Goodluck babey!

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Oct 23, 2013
kingk:

Why *fear*? Give your best and you will receive the best too.
If only that were the absolute rule sad. But I have placed my heart well, so should be fun smiley
Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by everyday: 5:06pm On Oct 23, 2013
Impregnating your sister in-law or raping your mother in-law.i guess that could be the worse
Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by Okijajuju1(m): 5:11pm On Oct 23, 2013
ona2: I found myself recently thinking and wondering what I will do if my husband finally did not fulfill the promise he made almost a year ago this month, that by month ending he will reunite the family. I am really getting fed up with living like a spinster again and I was telling myself that if that promise was broken, he had better prepare for the worst. Now, what is the worst that can ever happen to a marriage?

The worst that can happen is that you die (without him using you for Ogwu ego)..

Thats is equivalent to bad investment

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by kevoh(m): 5:11pm On Oct 23, 2013
Death of the breadwinner of the family is the worst that can happen every other instances mentioned can be taken care of if common sense is applied but death is irreversible.
@OP
Abuja to Lagos is not far na with flight you don land abuja under 1 hour, stop searching for negative things that might happen and start doing positive things that will help your marriage.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Husband Of Egopersonified / Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? / I Will Share Her Husband Till I Get Mine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.