Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,488 members, 7,836,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:26 PM

Lasu Hospital In Shambles: Fasola Is Working - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lasu Hospital In Shambles: Fasola Is Working (1476 Views)

Nairalander Attacked Fasola's Aide 'Lateef Raji' And Aregbesola's SSA [TWEET] / Fasola's First-class Schools In Lagos / The Looting Of Lagos By Tinubu And Fasola Exposed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lasu Hospital In Shambles: Fasola Is Working by Francis5: 2:21pm On Sep 16, 2013
MY EXPERIENCE AT LAGOS STATE UNIVERSITY TEACHING HOSPITAL - By Bello Isiaka

I am not going to say this to attract sympathy but to let you know how dilapidated and worst our hospital is...June 5th to be precise,my Wife gave birth to a baby boy and in the process of delivery, something went wrong between the 7 matrons who took the delivery of my wife...i had spent close to 122,000 to administer drugs and what have you within 3 days in the same hospital..

After 3 days,we were referred to LASUTH for further treatments,but to my greatest shock,we were referred again just because of lack of SPACE at about 11:10pm to Idi-Araba.

When we got there,no space as well,but i was made to sign an undertaking for the space that was available.

What is the space?OFFICE TABLE before my baby could be admitted,i have no choice than to accept which i did...They discovered the baby had to be placed on Oxygen,but not available at that moment. i was told to follow one of the nurse to the gas centre which i did but i had to plead and bribe before gas could be provided.

To cut my story short,You all need to visit the hospital and see how patient are suffering in the hands of this doctors because of the condition they are working..I saw a lot of patients coming with plastic chairs,sitting on it instead of lying comfortably for check up and treatments and you will made to sign an undertaking before you could be admitted to use the chair.

Different tests alone gulped about 62k where they say it is free.

What baffles me most is that where to buy drugs is a lot of distance to where you will collect drugs and even payments.

They would nail wall to hang a drip for a patient because there is no space.

There were no equipment to take care of the baby and in the process, the baby DIED.

When they say LUTH is free,it is not so and the condition with which doctors and patients are working is deplorable but these stupid leaders take themselves and their family abroad for treatment and neglect which is ours....

I just say this to show you how they have neglected our hospital and this is what they used as campaign to deceive Nigerians..2015 is closer..We all need to WAKE UP !!

!- BELLO ISIAKA

http://naijahomeandaway..com/2013/09/my-experience-at-lagos-state-university.html#.UjcGGj_pdGo

1 Like

Re: Lasu Hospital In Shambles: Fasola Is Working by ProfOgogoro: 2:52pm On Sep 16, 2013
Mr. Bello I'm sorry for you loss. May the the Good lord strengthen you and your family and may the gentle soul of your innocent baby rest in piece.

However I have some comments...

1. From the article I think the major problem is that the Hospitals in Lagos are Over-Crowded. A lot of work needs to be done in expanding the capacity of the health facilities in the State to accommodate the growing population of the state.

2. Your reference to 2015 might make one to believe that you wish to use this sad event to score a political point. You shouldn't do that as the issue on ground is about the poor state of health care in the country and that should be the underlying message instead of a 2015 tacit campaign message.

3. I don't know if the 1st hospital you went to is Private or also Govt owned but I think that's where the real damage was done. It might be that when the case was taken to LASUTH it was already too late. I be sure on this as details available are sketchy to say the least.

4. I believe LASG should investigate this with a view to improving service delivery in the health sector.

God Bless Lagos State...

cool

1 Like

Re: Lasu Hospital In Shambles: Fasola Is Working by bloggernaija: 5:31pm On Sep 16, 2013
Same thing everywhere all over the world
.pressure on healthcare especially as regards capacity.
Manpower is another issue because we consistently lose our best doctors to other countries.
You can expect worse in a place like nigeria where you have
Lagos
35 laggards states with 3 exceptions
and an absolutely useless federal government.
Imagine a situation where Lagos has to cope with only the influx from neighbouring states and with other states pulling their weight.
That is why countries are strict with their immigration policy.
Nobody want pressure on infrastructure and social services .
By the way,who do you want to replace ACN with.
FEEDEEFEE?

MEANWHILE BELLO ISIAKA SOUNDS LIKE THE NAME OF AN IMPOSTOR OR PEEDEEPEE HACK

1 Like

Re: Lasu Hospital In Shambles: Fasola Is Working by gratiaeo(m): 6:51pm On Sep 16, 2013
bloggernaija: Same thing everywhere all over the world
.pressure on healthcare especially as regards capacity.
Manpower is another issue because we consistently lose our best doctors to other countries.
You can expect worse in a place like nigeria where you have
Lagos
35 laggards states with 3 exceptions
and an absolutely useless federal government.
Imagine a situation where Lagos has to cope with only the influx from neighbouring states and with other states pulling their weight.
That is why countries are strict with their immigration policy.
Nobody want pressure on infrastructure and social services .
By the way,who do you want to replace ACN with.
FEEDEEFEE?

MEANWHILE BELLO ISIAKA SOUNDS LIKE THE NAME OF AN IMPOSTOR OR PEEDEEPEE HACK
Crap for your self
Old same story
Re: Lasu Hospital In Shambles: Fasola Is Working by emiye(m): 10:47pm On Sep 16, 2013
This is a sad incident . May God comfort that man and his wife. The man's description of rot was of Luth, Idi-araba (federal) and not Lasuth , Ikeja (state)

Currently, Lasuth, the state university teaching hospital is well maintained than Luth the federal teaching hospital
Re: Lasu Hospital In Shambles: Fasola Is Working by Francis5: 8:17pm On Sep 17, 2013
emiye: This is a sad incident . May God comfort that man and his wife. The man's description of rot was of Luth, Idi-araba (federal) and not Lasuth , Ikeja (state)

Currently, Lasuth, the state university teaching hospital is well maintained than Luth the federal teaching hospital

You guys are always ridiculous. What is the difference between B and 2?
Re: Lasu Hospital In Shambles: Fasola Is Working by biafranqueen: 8:28pm On Sep 17, 2013
Wow I hope mother and child are doing fine at least cry Every pli thief should be fired if they leave the country for healthcare. If you see the teaching hospital in Nnewi you will faint. My Governor is busy building a new one in Akwa while the old ones are deteriorating under funded and the workers not paid. So we will not asking anything of our leaders!
Re: Lasu Hospital In Shambles: Fasola Is Working by emiye(m): 3:32am On Sep 18, 2013
Francis-1:

You guys are always ridiculous. What is the difference between B and 2?

Because, i pointed our your lies, you said i am ridiculous. Is LUTH the same as LASUTH?, Mr Ignoramus

Your intent was to ridicule Lasuth, the Lagos state governed teaching hospital, and Fashola for very dense reasons, but the hospital in discourse is a federal government teaching hospital.
Re: Lasu Hospital In Shambles: Fasola Is Working by Adelaide2: 5:08am On Sep 18, 2013
emiye:

Because, i pointed our your lies, you said i am ridiculous. Is LUTH the same as LASUTH?, Mr Ignoramus

Your intent was to ridicule Lasuth, the Lagos state governed teaching hospital, and Fashola for very dense reasons, but the hospital in discourse is a federal government teaching hospital.

Topic says LASUTH not LUTH. LASUTH is state-owned and it is dilapidated as the article indicates. Quit being blind and/or shifty.

Re: Lasu Hospital In Shambles: Fasola Is Working by emiye(m): 11:01am On Sep 18, 2013
Adelaide2:

Topic says LASUTH not LUTH. LASUTH is state-owned and it is dilapidated as the article indicates. Quit being blind and/or shifty.

Whatever the topic says is inconsequential, the reporter was talking about teaching hospital in Idi-Araba.

Some dundees like you call LASUTH as LUTH, or viceversa.
Re: Lasu Hospital In Shambles: Fasola Is Working by DisGuy: 11:29am On Sep 18, 2013
RiP

but i was made to sign an undertaking for the space that was available.

and you will made to sign an undertaking before you could be admitted to use the chair.

can anyone explain what this means?
Re: Lasu Hospital In Shambles: Fasola Is Working by Nobody: 12:59pm On Sep 18, 2013
Adelaide2:

A 7 yr old would look at your comment and call you names that will almost make an adult commit suicide.

Where is LASUTH & LUTH located may i ask?....and which did d ISIAKA regret to have been admitted to?

Im sure u dont know...since all u know as an ibo is just come to Lagos & feel one sense of disgraceful "belonging" with d natives under the umbrella of ur sinking hopes called Nigeria . !
Re: Lasu Hospital In Shambles: Fasola Is Working by mycoolsteve: 1:13pm On Sep 18, 2013
Francis-1:

I am not going to say this to attract sympathy but to let you know how dilapidated and worst our hospital is...June 5th to be precise,my Wife gave birth to a baby boy and in the process of delivery, something went wrong between the 7 matrons who took the delivery of my wife...i had spent close to 122,000 to administer drugs and what have you within 3 days in the same hospital..

After 3 days,[b]we were referred to LASUTH fo[/b]r further treatments,but to my greatest shock,we were referred again just because of lack of SPACE at about 11:10pm to Idi-Araba.

When we got there,no space as well,but i was made to sign an undertaking for the space that was available.

What is the space?OFFICE TABLE before my baby could be admitted,i have no choice than to accept which i did...They discovered the baby had to be placed on Oxygen,but not available at that moment. i was told to follow one of the nurse to the gas centre which i did but i had to plead and bribe before gas could be provided.

To cut my story short,You all need to visit the hospital and see how patient are suffering in the hands of this doctors because of the condition they are working..I saw a lot of patients coming with plastic chairs,sitting on it instead of lying comfortably for check up and treatments and you will made to sign an undertaking before you could be admitted to use the chair.

Different tests alone gulped about 62k where they say it is free.

What baffles me most is that where to buy drugs is a lot of distance to where you will collect drugs and even payments.

They would nail wall to hang a drip for a patient because there is no space.

There were no equipment to take care of the baby and in the process, the baby DIED.

[b]When they say LUTH is free,[/b]it is not so and the condition with which doctors and patients are working is deplorable but these stupid leaders take themselves and their family abroad for treatment and neglect which is ours....

I just say this to show you how they have neglected our hospital and this is what they used as campaign to deceive Nigerians..2015 is closer..We all need to WAKE UP !!

!- BELLO ISIAKA

http://naijahomeandaway..com/2013/09/my-experience-at-lagos-state-university.html#.UjcGGj_pdGo
Re: Lasu Hospital In Shambles: Fasola Is Working by Codedeben: 1:38pm On Sep 18, 2013
Las-UTH, L-UTH, op abeg which one? I understand both of them start with l and end with th but you shouldn't confuse your reader cos you mentioned both and they're not the same.

Its like someone didn't do his assignment well.

(1) (Reply)

Nasarawa Crisis: We Were Left At Mercy Of Ombatse - Survivors / ASUU Strike: Why I Am Angry With Union – Jonathan / Impeachment: PDP, APC Clash Over Nyako

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.