Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,578 members, 7,812,878 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:11 PM

NLC And Trade Unions To Embark On strike On Tuesday. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NLC And Trade Unions To Embark On strike On Tuesday. (28952 Views)

Buhari Returns To Nigeria,to Embark On Three-nation Tour Of Egypt, Saudi Arabia / How NLC And TUC Betrayed #occupynigeria: An Insider Account / NLC And TUC REPLIES President Goodluck Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NLC And Trade Unions To Embark On strike On Tuesday. by Nobody: 7:36pm On Sep 16, 2013
Hw doez dis affect d price of garri in the market? mtscheww!!!
Re: NLC And Trade Unions To Embark On strike On Tuesday. by 4reigningqueen: 7:47pm On Sep 16, 2013
Here we go again! >:
Re: NLC And Trade Unions To Embark On strike On Tuesday. by dartsidius7(m): 7:52pm On Sep 16, 2013
you have got to be F**king kidding me. The same f**king NLC that made peeps come out to protest over subsidy removal only to go and snitch on us behind our backs. I say f**k NLC, they can eat a big black D**k for all I care. Bloody whankers.
Plus, won't this law mean that states would be able to determine their minimum wages and thereby make it competitve and aid migration to other parts of the country. If lagos wants to pay me 5mill per annum and cost of living will eat 3mill and ebonyi state is willing to pay 6mill and cost of living will eat 1mill, I think I will be willing to relocate.just saying.

1 Like

Re: NLC And Trade Unions To Embark On strike On Tuesday. by sanandreas(m): 7:56pm On Sep 16, 2013
na wa for this country
Re: NLC And Trade Unions To Embark On strike On Tuesday. by Nobody: 8:14pm On Sep 16, 2013
strike, strike, strike. Make govt just give everybody one month break so that we no go strike again.
Re: NLC And Trade Unions To Embark On strike On Tuesday. by baby124: 8:26pm On Sep 16, 2013
If i was a union member i will deunionize myself. Was it not this useless union that sabotaged the "Occupy Nigeria" protest? I guess the settlement they got that time has been squandered. Please Nigerian's as much as a strike is probably good, dont waste your time following these ones. Let the NLC leadership go on strike by themselves. So that they can realize they are inconsequential and dead in the scheme of things.

2 Likes

Re: NLC And Trade Unions To Embark On strike On Tuesday. by enny09: 8:27pm On Sep 16, 2013
myads890: Unfortunuately, in Nigeria we are governed by idiots. They always seem to come up with an idea that's more stupid than the previous one.
guy, guy chai dis one na true talk
Re: NLC And Trade Unions To Embark On strike On Tuesday. by enny09: 8:28pm On Sep 16, 2013
myads890: Unfortunuately, in Nigeria we are governed by idiots. They always seem to come up with an idea that's more stupid than the previous one.
guy, guy truth dey bitter
Re: NLC And Trade Unions To Embark On strike On Tuesday. by nokingasgod: 8:29pm On Sep 16, 2013
utumunta: NLC should concentrate on better things cos that is a good law. You do not legislate for viable states like Lagos and Akwa-Ibom to pay the same salary with poor states like Zamfara and Ebonyi. I believe Nigerian workers everywhere are under paid and they deserve more, but the viable states should not pay at per with the less viable.
NLC is only embarking on this protest to save themselves from going out of reckoning. The national body uses strikes and protest as bargaining tools to enrich themselves while pretending to be working for the masses.
Many Nigerians will not see beyond the pretence of NLC, buy why does Oshiomhole who used to champion this type of course have a turn around? It is not because he is a governor today! He had always known this to be true but exploited the ignorance of the people. He is now affected by the lies he sold and helped sustain to the populace.
We need every state to legislate on their own wages and in the event they shortchange the people, let the NLC in such states confront the state governments. Let the national body of NLC concentrate on national matters like fuel price hike( though the court in Oshiomhole v FGN , held that fuel price hike ought not to give rise to strike cos it is not a working condition).

God Bless you for this comment. Nigeria is a federation and until we all realized that the better for us all. Its either we want to remain a federation or we adopt another system. This is the basic problem we have to solve as it is our major one. There cannot be and there should not be enforced uniform minimum wage across the federating units it would be unfair to the workforce. One of the beauties of federalism is that the units are allowed to grow at their own pace and it allows for healthy competition among the progressive states.

Albeit, who says minimum wage in a state like Rivers or Lagos should not double that of Kebbi or Sokoto or Ekiti?
Re: NLC And Trade Unions To Embark On strike On Tuesday. by pmc01(m): 8:31pm On Sep 16, 2013
ICAN ATS Exam dey tomorrow.
Re: NLC And Trade Unions To Embark On strike On Tuesday. by phredy: 8:38pm On Sep 16, 2013
am bittered About the Nigeria Leaders For thier Selfish Interest in Any decision that has to do wit the Masses...God Let ur will be Done..I don Tire Abegam bittered About the Nigeria Leaders For thier Selfish Interest in Any decision that has to do wit the Masses...God Let ur will be Done..I don Tire Abegam bittered About the Nigeria Leaders For thier Selfish Interest in Any decision that has to do wit the Masses...God Let ur will be Done..I don Tire Abeg
Re: NLC And Trade Unions To Embark On strike On Tuesday. by loorah(f): 8:50pm On Sep 16, 2013
ASUU,doct,tuc,nlc .....which oda is joining d strike? Now God's intervention is needed. Switching to praying mood.
Re: NLC And Trade Unions To Embark On strike On Tuesday. by chris4sure89: 9:10pm On Sep 16, 2013
I dont believe in strike because NLC and TUC leaders are funny set of people.Corruption cant make strike work Nigeria

1 Like

Re: NLC And Trade Unions To Embark On strike On Tuesday. by Memyselfu2009(m): 9:27pm On Sep 16, 2013
ASUU asup now tuc NLC Nigeria heading for destruction
Re: NLC And Trade Unions To Embark On strike On Tuesday. by FAVBABS(m): 9:40pm On Sep 16, 2013
I told you guys the other time that revolution is comming ahead of us. pls all we need is to prepare well for it. very soon the whole country will paralyse.
Re: NLC And Trade Unions To Embark On strike On Tuesday. by ignis: 9:40pm On Sep 16, 2013
Tolexander: any difference?
You dey fear?
There is a lot of difference...
Re: NLC And Trade Unions To Embark On strike On Tuesday. by kozykid(m): 9:45pm On Sep 16, 2013
TUNEX89: I think revolution is the answer to all of this shittttt.
small Boy who has not seen war b4 calls Himself a man! Do you know what they call revolution? Ask egyptians and Libyans ..

1 Like

Re: NLC And Trade Unions To Embark On strike On Tuesday. by grandstar(m): 9:45pm On Sep 16, 2013
salaries should be determined by market forces and not by unions or the government. if minimum wage is above market rates, it discourages hiring as have occured in spain,france, greece etc. in u.k and u.s wages are closer to market realities.
Re: NLC And Trade Unions To Embark On strike On Tuesday. by dammytosh: 9:55pm On Sep 16, 2013
Bunch of greedy and self centered people. shocked shocked shocked

Their children have been at home since only God knows, they are busy fighting for minimum wage. angry angry angry

Bunch of retards, collect the minimum wage and watch your future waste away at home at the expense of cup of garri (minimum wage)

They will only occupy nigeria only when it affects their pocket and day to day livelyhood.

No wahala, protest against minimum wage and leave your children's future unattended to. angry angry

As usual, you will queue and faint on pension queue. SHORT SIGHTED OLD FOLKS.

1 Like

Re: NLC And Trade Unions To Embark On strike On Tuesday. by chris4sure89: 9:55pm On Sep 16, 2013
My friends things will be ok soon
Re: NLC And Trade Unions To Embark On strike On Tuesday. by boladez(m): 10:26pm On Sep 16, 2013
Gej should treat these opportunists as thieves. Tell them to go suck a lemon.

Most of their members are in government service. They are the ones that brought the country and the government to its knees. many of them are richer than the departments and units they work for.

I will organise people and stop any protests in my area. I will go about my business, if they have the liver let them try to stop me!!

Bloody union thieves.

GEJ, now that your cannons are getting bigger and stronger please let those SSS and POLICE wey be like demons deal with them
Re: NLC And Trade Unions To Embark On strike On Tuesday. by Danieltskaa: 11:03pm On Sep 16, 2013
Let they continue to settle new PDP crisis...go on NLC
Re: NLC And Trade Unions To Embark On strike On Tuesday. by Judek2(m): 11:12pm On Sep 16, 2013
Nigeria is a joke..

I think the spirits of our fore-fathers who died during the war are at war against this country.

Let us pray for Nigeria, the war is not physical, but against principalities and powers..

1 Like

Re: NLC And Trade Unions To Embark On strike On Tuesday. by Omotolaaraujo(f): 11:26pm On Sep 16, 2013
Everyone should strike and shut down the country. Then you'd see how quickly the government would start working to get things fixed. wink
Re: NLC And Trade Unions To Embark On strike On Tuesday. by jiz: 12:03am On Sep 17, 2013
Is o.k ... All will be well...
Re: NLC And Trade Unions To Embark On strike On Tuesday. by anitank(f): 12:35am On Sep 17, 2013
Strikes don't make things better in this country, they only put everything on hold. In the end we still embrace things the way they are and continue living like nothing ever happened.

All is indeed well!
Re: NLC And Trade Unions To Embark On strike On Tuesday. by NorseGod: 12:48am On Sep 17, 2013
See scam.
NLC don dey hungry again. grin
Please my fellow Nigerians dont be fooled by NLC's trickery. We go soon hear say last minute it was called off.
Mschewwwwww.
Re: NLC And Trade Unions To Embark On strike On Tuesday. by Nobody: 3:05am On Sep 17, 2013
It means Jonathan used the platter of signing minimum wage into law to deceive the masses to vote for him. What platfom is he going to use again now that he is completetely exposed? I laugh in Spanish because you cannot deceive all the peoole all the time.
Re: NLC And Trade Unions To Embark On strike On Tuesday. by Nobody: 3:42am On Sep 17, 2013
nokingasgod:

God Bless you for this comment. Nigeria is a federation and until we all realized that the better for us all. Its either we want to remain a federation or we adopt another system. This is the basic problem we have to solve as it is our major one. There cannot be and there should not be enforced uniform minimum wage across the federating units it would be unfair to the workforce. One of the beauties of federalism is that the units are allowed to grow at their own pace and it allows for healthy competition among the progressive states.

Albeit, who says minimum wage in a state like Rivers or Lagos should not double that of Kebbi or Sokoto or Ekiti?
Are you serious? Do you mean federation is only about state determination of its minimum wage? Are those states not supposed TO CONTROL THEIR RESOURCES? You are rather one sided in your assertion. The federal government who brings up this idea trembles at the mentioning of true federalism.
Re: NLC And Trade Unions To Embark On strike On Tuesday. by phranco(m): 4:09am On Sep 17, 2013
Nigeria, good people great nation.
Re: NLC And Trade Unions To Embark On strike On Tuesday. by unmask: 4:44am On Sep 17, 2013
nlc and tuc have exhausted their subsidy largesse....

They need more
Re: NLC And Trade Unions To Embark On strike On Tuesday. by kinguwem: 5:18am On Sep 17, 2013
Most states & local government employees are unproductive. Why must they be paid as federal workers? Minimum wage should be removed from the exclusive to the concurrent legislative list.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Approved N640Bn Oil Contracts From His Sick Bed In London- Baru indicates / Peter Obi Explains Why He Was Mentioned In Pandora Papers / We Won’t Tell Efcc To Arrest Jonathan – Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.