Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,270 members, 7,818,929 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:22 AM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (1057) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3487644 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1054) (1055) (1056) (1057) (1058) (1059) (1060) ... (1581) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by millybushy: 5:14pm On Jul 17, 2019
Phiheywhy1:
Pls, like how many minutes is allocated to each students for project defence?
--Lagos address for the defence?
--StartingTime ?
Is there a particular dress-code?
I am coming from Ado-Ekiti

Hi did the project defense still hold today?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Rogersmith(m): 5:28pm On Jul 17, 2019
millybushy:

Hi did the project defense still hold today?
Yes. No specific time. It depends on the external supervisor and what he noted from your work.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 6:45pm On Jul 17, 2019
Dozieson:

Hi Anthonyo15. i tried it today but i did not open. I am in health faculty. i have used mozila, google crome, internet explorer, puffin browsers but the same results. what can i do again. please assist. My network is 9 mobile and MTN
Try it now, its working!
Puffin or Google Chrome
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 6:50pm On Jul 17, 2019
I funded 70k in my wallet then did 35k semester registration. To do course registrations, it is saying insufficient balance even when my wallet is having 35k left. Is anyone else experiencing this?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by fishguide(m): 7:21pm On Jul 17, 2019
Demystifying the P value

If you have anything to do with an inferential analysis then you would have heard about a P-value. Its fine if you don't understand what it means before now. I hope this post helps.

Just like a suspect will remains a suspect until proven otherwise by the judge. An hypothesis remains null until proven otherwise by the P value. You can say that again the P value is the Judge for inferential analysis.

P value differs with studies but most frequently used value is 0.05. Don't be surprised if you come across those of 0.1 or those of 0.01. just check the study.
Assessment
Every null hypothesis bears the 'not' until proven otherwise so how does the P value judge. Once P value is less than or equal to the benchmark. We reject the null hypothesis but if it's greater than the benchmark we accept the null hypothesis.

Hypothetical Example
In a study with a null hypothesis stating that there is not significant association between meal consumed and weight gain. A P value that equals to or is less than 0.05 tells us to reject the null which leave us with the alternative that states that there is a significant association between meal consumed and weight gained.
However if the reverse is the case and the P value is greater than the Pvalue we uphold the null hypothesis.

I hope this helps
Need help with you analysis
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by professorgome: 9:04pm On Jul 17, 2019
Breathtaker:

You are probably using glo Network.
They are so many reasons why this is happening, switch to MTN or Airtel.

Cheers

Thanks. It was actually the glo network I was using. When i used airtel it worked

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Betap: 10:12pm On Jul 17, 2019
Breathtaker:

You don't have to

Ok, Thank you
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Betap: 10:13pm On Jul 17, 2019
Anthonyo15:

Dont register again!

Alright,
Thank you.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 5:49am On Jul 18, 2019
PORTAL SCHEDULED
Portal scheduled for Thursday, today is for Science and Law.. You can login into your portal to Generate remita for payment, Registration of courses and view Results.

The portal is active and the network is as fast as you wish now

1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Dozieson(m): 8:14am On Jul 18, 2019
Anthonyo15:

Try it now, its working!
Puffin or Google Chrome

thanks Bro.. i have done it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Breathtaker(m): 8:39am On Jul 18, 2019
Enskynelson:
I funded 70k in my wallet then did 35k semester registration. To do course registrations, it is saying insufficient balance even when my wallet is having 35k left. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Hey, is there any negative sign showing in the minus?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by jawwad3(f): 12:14pm On Jul 18, 2019
Good morning house.I am a new student and will need you to enlighten me please.
So,it happens that I registered about eleven courses this semester but I woudnt be writing all the exams this semester.Will I be required to register the courses I wont be writing their exams again?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 2:10pm On Jul 18, 2019
Breathtaker:

Hey, is there any negative sign showing in the minus?

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by sambless2013: 2:39pm On Jul 18, 2019
Good afternoon all, please i just enrolled for the first time to open university for PGdiploma, i saw on the internet that my compulsory fee is 35,000 and also i saw that it cost 2,000 to register a course, please my question is that, will i pay the 2,000 immediately, as in now or i can pay the 35,000 first and pay the course registration fee later?
secondly i went to the head office in lagos and i met people doing registration, a man check on the system for me how much i'm to pay and he said 35,000+9,000+22,500. He did not tell me what for, please who can help me. i have 9 courses this semester.

Thanks fam.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ade2291(m): 3:40pm On Jul 18, 2019
sambless2013:
Good afternoon all, please i just enrolled for the first time to open university for PGdiploma, i saw on the internet that my compulsory fee is 35,000 and also i saw that it cost 2,000 to register a course, please my question is that, will i pay the 2,000 immediately, as in now or i can pay the 35,000 first and pay the course registration fee later?
secondly i went to the head office in lagos and i met people doing registration, a man check on the system for me how much i'm to pay and he said 35,000+9,000+22,500. He did not tell me what for, please who can help me. i have 9 courses this semester.

Thanks fam.

There is a closing date for semester and exam registration. If you pay the 35k now which is for semester registration, you must ensure to pay other necessary fees which would be used for both courses and exams registration before the semester closing date.

From your description you were offered 9 courses, registration of each courses will cost 2k per a 2 unit course and 2.5k per a 3 unit course, calculate it and see if your sum corresponds with the 22.5k you were told to pay. To register each courses for exam is 1k which is the equivalent of the 9k you are required to pay.

Success!

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by sambless2013: 3:53pm On Jul 18, 2019
Thank you very much, now i understand the 9k but my 9 courses are 2 units so i should be 18k not 22,5k as stated. Please who knows the closing date for course registration and exam. Is it 3rd August as I heard?

There is a closing date for semester and exam registration. If you pay the 35k now which is for semester registration, you must ensure to pay other necessary fees which would be used for both courses and exams registration before the semester closing date.

From your description you were offered 9 courses, registration of each courses will cost 2k per a 2 unit course and 2.5k per a 3 unit course, calculate it and see if your sum corresponds with the 22.5k you were told to pay. To register each courses for exam is 1k which is the equivalent of the 9k you are required to pay.

Success![/quote]
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by AliEsq(m): 5:14pm On Jul 18, 2019
Pls i failed to register project for exam while doing first semester registration and now i cant register it as exam.how do i register project for exam?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jul 18, 2019
AliEsq:
Pls i failed to register project for exam while doing first semester registration and now i cant register it as exam.how do i register project for exam?

Project is NOT registered for exam

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Breathtaker(m): 6:01pm On Jul 18, 2019
sambless2013:
Thank you very much, now i understand the 9k but my 9 courses are 2 units so i should be 18k not 22,5k as stated. Please who knows the closing date for course registration and exam. Is it 3rd August as I heard?

Success!

Ur balance will always be in ur wallet
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Breathtaker(m): 6:05pm On Jul 18, 2019

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by AliEsq(m): 8:00pm On Jul 18, 2019
pyruvateluv:

Project is NOT registered for exam
actually i was told to my face by my counsellor i have to register it for exam 1000 if not i cant graduate.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by AliEsq(m): 8:32pm On Jul 18, 2019
Pls help with the procedure to retrieve portal balance as i over paid.can the money be transfered to my account.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jul 18, 2019
AliEsq:
actually i was told to my face by my counsellor i have to register it for exam 1000 if not i cant graduate.
It's a lie.

I have finished and submitted my project waiting for it to be released. However, you can go ahead
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 8:49pm On Jul 18, 2019
Breathtaker:

Chat me up 0903653698four
Thanks so much. I tried it again this night and it finally allowed me to register. I appreciate. God bless you.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Barbieadol: 9:03pm On Jul 18, 2019
i was not aware of this, is it the same materials we download online or different one
Anthonyo15:

COLLECTION OF COURSE MATERIALS SCHEDULE:

Monday
(Faculty of Science, Technology and Agricultural science)

Tuesday
(Faculty of Management Science)

Wednesday
(Faculty of Art and Social Science)

Thursday
(Faculty of Law and Education)
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by AliEsq(m): 9:13pm On Jul 18, 2019
pyruvateluv:

It's a lie.

I have finished and submitted my project waiting for it to be released. However, you can go ahead
ok thanks thats noun for you.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 5:32am On Jul 19, 2019
PORTAL SCHEDULED
Portal scheduled for Weekends, All Student Have Access To Their Portal.. You can login into your portal to Generate remita for payment, Registration of courses and view Results.

The portal is active and the network is as fast as you wish now

Macharthony Solutions
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Olamilite: 7:24am On Jul 19, 2019
pyruvateluv:

It's a lie.

Pease, are we to register Seminar for Exam?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by nkem1992: 8:10am On Jul 19, 2019
Please someone should help me with Bsc Chemistry 300l first semester POP past questions...
Contact me on. fpnsetchet782@gmail.com
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 8:13am On Jul 19, 2019
Olamilite:

Pease, are we to register Seminar for Exam?
I sincerely don't know as i did Pgd(we don't do seminar)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1054) (1055) (1056) (1057) (1058) (1059) (1060) ... (1581) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.