Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,297 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:26 AM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (1158) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3474922 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1155) (1156) (1157) (1158) (1159) (1160) (1161) ... (1579) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by nounonline: 12:16pm On Feb 12, 2020
NEW INFO !!

A study isn’t just for the night before the Tutor-marked assignment’s due or the night before an exam.

Studying at the National Open University of Nigeria gives you the unique opportunity to study while you are engaged in work or other activities. It is therefore important for you to note that this new mode of learning requires a different approach to studying.

So, Here are the 7 study tips for getting the most out of the National Open University of Nigeria programmes.

=> https://nationalopenuniversity.com.ng/study-tips/
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by potosky: 2:16pm On Feb 12, 2020
Enskynelson:

Abuja for North. Defense is never at the Study Centre.
ok. Thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ev4real(m): 4:50pm On Feb 12, 2020
ev4real:
Hello all, please can someone help me list out all the centres in Lagos ? also the procedure for transfer of study centre. Thanks in anticipation.
Anthonyo15 kindly assist
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by yak(m): 4:53pm On Feb 12, 2020
Olamilite:

Check https://nou.edu.ng/registerable_admin/M.Ed%20Guidance%20and%20Counselling?field_faculty_name_value=Education

This is quite helpful...
Thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Phiheywhy1: 5:13pm On Feb 12, 2020
Anthonyo15:
WHY STUDENTS HAVE DIFFERENT GRADES IN PROJECT WHICH IS DIFFERENT FROM THE ONE THEIR SUPERVISOR GAVE THEM.

Many students have often complain that their project result decreases from what they saw in their score sheet however, they forget to know that whatever they input in their Project gives mark to them positively or negatively and their supervisor score does not count at all cos there will be moderation on each projects.

According to the NOUN moderation markings

Your Abstract to table of contents 05 marks

Your introduction 15marks

Your review of related literature 10marks

Research Methods 20marks

Analysis and Interpretation 20marks

Summary, findings, implication and recommendations 10marks

Bibliography 10marks

Presentation of Project, good typing, formatting, good English grammar and research language with a good binding 10marks

All this marks are tallied to 100marks but some students dont take note of this Project is nothing to rush about you take your time and do the needful, you don't copy other people research works you fend for yourself. Quick submission does not amount to getting a good grade your supervisor might award you all these scores because of the well openness and your ability to heed to corrections but you can't take the fact away that Moderation will be done by NOUN. I will advice those that failed their Project to start again and pick up the pieces and get it right doing your project is an eye opener and to test ur intelligence in your research.

Thank you

l thought only Msc alone go for defence and moderation, do undergraduate project undergo moderation too?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 5:29pm On Feb 12, 2020
Phiheywhy1:

l thought only Msc alone go for defence and moderation, do undergraduate project undergo moderation too?
Research projects for undergraduates are graded by the project supervisor, and subjected to internal moderation in the Faculty.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 5:40pm On Feb 12, 2020
PRESENTATION OF THE DEAN, SCHOOL OF POSTGRADUATE STUDIES, AT THE 40TH OPERATIONAL MEETING OF SENATE OF THE NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA, HELD AT THE UNIVERSITY HEADQUARTERS, JABI, ABUJA ON TUESDAY, 11TH FEBRUARY, 2020

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 5:41pm On Feb 12, 2020
PRESENTATION OF THE DEAN, SCHOOL OF POSTGRADUATE STUDIES, AT THE 40TH OPERATIONAL MEETING OF SENATE OF THE NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA, HELD AT THE UNIVERSITY HEADQUARTERS, JABI, ABUJA ON TUESDAY, 11TH FEBRUARY, 2020 CONTINUATION

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 7:14pm On Feb 12, 2020
UYO STUDY CENTRE!!!

1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by jman77(m): 9:39pm On Feb 12, 2020
Anthonyo15:
UNDERGRADUATE NEW STUDENT
FIRST SEMESTER FEE
I successfully registered for semester, courses and exam but I noticed that some fees were not deducted from my wallet but it kept semester registration successful and showed #18000 charged while the remaining amount in the wallet

2. should I print out the the slips?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 9:46pm On Feb 12, 2020
jman77:
I successfully registered for semester, courses and exam but I noticed that some fees were not deducted from my wallet but it kept semester registration successful and showed #18000 charged while the remaining amount in the wallet

2. should I print out the the slips?
Print out but keep all receipts of payments. Audit will be carried out later and everything will be as it supposed to.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 10:37pm On Feb 12, 2020
Good evening everyone, please I'll like to know how long it takes money to reflect on portal wallet cause since yesterday I paid its yet to reflect in my portal why?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 11:10pm On Feb 12, 2020
Dwayne22:
Good evening everyone, please I'll like to know how long it takes money to reflect on portal wallet cause since yesterday I paid its yet to reflect in my portal why?
After payment, login and click E-Wallet, then click CREDIT RRR... Enter the RRR number without the - - -. Then submit.
Let's say u just purchased a recharge card. U need to load it to your wallet.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 11:16pm On Feb 12, 2020
Enskynelson:

After payment, login and click E-Wallet, then click CREDIT RRR... Enter the RRR number without the - - -. Then submit.
Let's say u just purchased a recharge card. U need to load it to your wallet.

Oh thank you very much
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 11:40pm On Feb 12, 2020
'First Class' Manual by Saleh Babayo

Please share it with university newcomers and prospective students, they may benefit from it.

https://neptuneprime.com.ng/first-class-manual-by-saleh-babayo/
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by nuhu(m): 6:34am On Feb 13, 2020
Good day all. Please which one is Post teaching reports? Is it applicable to PGDE? I have not done anything like in last semester. Could that be the reason my TP result is not released? What do I do now? I need your kind advice
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Olasodiq888(m): 8:20am On Feb 13, 2020
Please house, can anyone explain the process I can follow to change the email and phone number on my portal. A wicked fellow I asked to help me update my portal changed the info to his email and phone. Kindly help with valuable suggestions
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by rrreer: 9:19am On Feb 13, 2020
Olasodiq888:
Please house, can anyone explain the process I can follow to change the email and phone number on my portal. A wicked fellow I asked to help me update my portal changed the info to his email and phone. Kindly help with valuable suggestions

Once dropping of Course/Form commence then you can visit the IT department they will do just that

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by HumorMe(m): 9:26am On Feb 13, 2020
VACANCY FOR A TUTOR

If you are good with science x computer courses, contact me 07085777245

note : only for those in Abuja
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 9:52am On Feb 13, 2020
UPDATE!!!

All registrations are active and functional let do the needful, don't forget registration closes on the 11th of March.

REGISTRATION;

Registration of Course/Exams ends 11th of March

TMA

1st Tma: (9th-29th) March

2nd Tma: (30th-19th) March-April

3rd Tma: (1st- 20th) April.

➡When you are trying to register for carry over you will see some courses you have passed just ignore and register the one you know you fail, or you didn't do or had imcomplete result in.

➡If you are doing project, seminar, practical or IT(TP) this semester you ought to have been to your study centre to know the necessary things you need to do by now, because some of these things have short period of time, they mobilise students for it and once the time is over you will have to wait till next coming semester.

➡If you know anyone that want to enrol into NOUN, Let them do the needful ASAP!!! Cus once registration closes for this semester they will have to wait till next semester.

You can chat me up for any assistance, information or clarification.
Have a nice day kiss

MISHA CARES

1 Like 1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by SisiLolo(f): 10:24am On Feb 13, 2020
HumorMe
Okay thank you
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by SisiLolo(f): 10:26am On Feb 13, 2020
Anthonyo15:
PRESENTATION OF THE DEAN, SCHOOL OF POSTGRADUATE STUDIES, AT THE 40TH OPERATIONAL MEETING OF SENATE OF THE NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA, HELD AT THE UNIVERSITY HEADQUARTERS, JABI, ABUJA ON TUESDAY, 11TH FEBRUARY, 2020
Nothing on graduation list?Na wa for NOUN o
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 10:28am On Feb 13, 2020
Olasodiq888:
Go to your study centre and tell them you want to change the email associated with your portal. You will provide your name, matriculation number, phone number, programme and the new email address which they will forward to MIS. It normally take less than a day for it to be updated. Next time, you do it yourself. I am sure you did not provide the fellow who assisted you with your email and phone number yet you expected the fellow to do portal registration fro you. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 10:31am On Feb 13, 2020
nuhu:
Good day all. Please which one is Post teaching reports? Is it applicable to PGDE? I have not done anything like in last semester. Could that be the reason my TP result is not released? What do I do now? I need your kind advice
Post Teaching practice (EDU336) is Post Teaching Practice for Teaching Practice feedback and evaluation. It is course for those doing Undergraduate Education programmes only. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by rrreer: 12:43pm On Feb 13, 2020
Studying at the National Open University of Nigeria gives you the unique opportunity to study while you are engaged in work or other activities. It is therefore important for you to note that this new mode of learning requires a different approach to studying.

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by michaelbills(m): 1:52pm On Feb 13, 2020
What is tma? After payment of school fees when does lectures start? Where are tutorial centres for management science courses for business admin located on the mainland?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 3:23pm On Feb 13, 2020
michaelbills:
What is tma? After payment of school fees when does lectures start? Where are tutorial centres for management science courses for business admin located on the mainland?
You really need orientation. Don't miss it at your Study Centre.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by nounonline: 4:05pm On Feb 13, 2020

1 Like 1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 5:16pm On Feb 13, 2020
DETAILS REQUIRED TO CORRECT EMAIL ADDRESS

➡SUBMIT TO THE SCHOOL ICT PERSONNEL

1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by michaelbills(m): 5:42pm On Feb 13, 2020
Can someone list courses for bus. Admin 100lvl? Don't take me to a link just help me post it here. Thank you.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 6:35pm On Feb 13, 2020
UPDATE!!!

CONVOCATION LIST IS OUT

smiley

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by lowsugar: 6:57pm On Feb 13, 2020
Please will there be another convocation list? since they are still uploading Projects and my study Centre said they just uploaded the teaching practice evaluation last week

(1) (2) (3) ... (1155) (1156) (1157) (1158) (1159) (1160) (1161) ... (1579) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: honey001(m), Lionsempire and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.