Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,557 members, 7,812,780 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:14 PM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (1579) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3478799 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1576) (1577) (1578) (1579) (1580) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Buzzgal: 11:19am On Apr 16
Enskynelson:

Yes. It's compulsory.
Check this link later
https://deags.nou.edu.ng/ceags/faqs-gst/

You are so much help Enskynelson. Please can you provide me with information on how to go about registering for Masters Degree in Guidance and Counselling, the courses, the cost implication and how many semesters (plus any extra info I may need).

I really appreciate. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Didito(f): 11:33am On Apr 16
Good morning all,
I need an advise on how to go about this.
I want to go for my physical clearance for my master's course. But I was told I need to carry along my original WAEC certificate, which I have yet to collect. Is it okay to take my WAEC printout and scratch card instead? Would this be accepted?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by popweezy(m): 12:02pm On Apr 16
Pls how much does NOUN take for masters fee??
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by popweezy(m): 12:03pm On Apr 16
Didito:
Good morning all,
I need an advise on how to go about this.
I want to go for my physical clearance for my master's course. But I was told I need to carry along my original WAEC certificate, which I have yet to collect. Is it okay to take my WAEC printout and scratch card instead? Would this be accepted?
do we need physical clearance to study masters??
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Didito(f): 12:33pm On Apr 16
On the website I was told to bring the documents I uploaded so I can complete my application and get my matric number afterwards

popweezy:
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by samneutron1: 4:22pm On Apr 16
Good evening, must you be available for all your practicals of cit 104
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ttomexy(f): 4:51pm On Apr 16
Please is the POP exam timetable out
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by popweezy(m): 5:30pm On Apr 16
Didito:
On the website I was told to bring the documents I uploaded so I can complete my application and get my matric number afterwards

so you have to travel down to Abuja??
Or do they have branches all over the 36 states?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 9:30pm On Apr 16
popweezy:
Yes, you do.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 9:31pm On Apr 16
popweezy:
so you have to travel down to Abuja??
Or do they have branches all over the 36 states?
Study Centres are in every state of the federation. Some States have more than 4 Study Centres.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 9:36pm On Apr 16
Buzzgal:

You are so much help Enskynelson. Please can you provide me with information on how to go about registering for Masters Degree in Guidance and Counselling, the courses, the cost implication and how many semesters (plus any extra info I may need).

I really appreciate. God bless you.
The programme is currently 4 semesters.
Application fees 7500
1st semester registration about 121,000
Attached are the expected courses.

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Buzzgal: 8:27am On Apr 17
Enskynelson:

The programme is currently 4 semesters.
Application fees 7500
1st semester registration about 121,000
Attached are the expected courses.

Thanks a lot.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by JayDee001: 10:19am On Apr 17
Good morning. Please does anyone know when Wuse 2 study centre will do their next seminar presentation for MBA students? I submitted in January 2024
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by MeGt: 5:07pm On Apr 17
Hello. Any idea if admission into PhD programme is still on pls
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 9:37pm On Apr 17
Anthonyo15:
Notice! Notice!! ⚠️

Graduates are hereby informed that certificates will be ready and distributed from Monday, 22nd to Friday 26 April. 2024 at the various State Capital Study Centres ONLY

We congratulate all Graduates

Oladipo A. Ajayi
Registrar

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 9:39pm On Apr 17
Tinubu directs Ministry of Education to include NOUN graduates into NYSC, Law School
By Joy Akiga
April 16, 2024

The Visitor's speech, delivered by his representative at the ceremony

The President, Federal Republic of Nigeria and Visitor to the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN), His Excellency, Bola Ahmed Tinubu, GCFR, has disclosed that he has directed the Federal Ministry of Education (FME), to formulate the necessary modalities for the inclusion of NOUN graduates within the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) framework, particularly those within the service age bracket as allowed by the law.

“With the changing demographics of our great nation the government has recognised the importance of allowing NOUN graduates to participate in the NYSC scheme,” he said.

The President gave the directive in his speech at the 13th Convocation Ceremony of the university on Saturday, April 13, 2024 at the university’s convocation arena, university headquarters, Jabi, Abuja.

Represented by the Deputy Executive Secretary, National Universities Commission (NUC), Dr. Biodun Saliu,, president Tinubu also disclosed the positive resolution of the longstanding issue regarding the attendance of NOUN law graduates at the Law School.

“The doors of the Law School are now open to the graduates, ensuring equal opportunities for all. Any remaining concerns or uncertainties should be promptly addressed by the Federal Ministry of Education,” he said.

The President said the gathering signified not only the academic achievement of the graduates but also underscored the pivotal role Open and Distance Education (ODL) plays in the nation’s educational landscape.

The visitor said his administration will continue to promote Open and Distance Learning (ODL) to improve access to higher education in the country, stressing that the deployment of the ODL is a key to achieving the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).

“We will continue to do this in order to improve quality, access and affordability.

“Government is, therefore, committed through the Federal Ministry of Education and the NUC to provide the enabling environment to ensure a good delivery of this mode of education in Nigeria,” Tinubu added.

Deputy Executive Secretary, National Universities Commission (NUC), Dr. Biodun Saliu

While expressing his enthusiasm with the fact that the university, which was initially conceived as a means of providing education for the working class, has evolved through persistence and focus, and has now emerged to be providing education access for the teeming youth population.

The president stated that he was not unaware that a large number of school leavers are unable to secure admissions into conventional universities, as a result there was need for research efforts in technology to be enhanced for NOUN to increase its admission of young school leavers, and enhance improved social safety nets of the people.

According to the president, he was elated that NOUN has become the main pivot driving government’s resolve in the attainment of those learning deliverables through ICT and the timelines in the next six months, NOUN will begin to provide access to government functionaries to be admitted into the various ICT programmes most especially the postgraduate programmes in ACETEL.

He encouraged NOUN to admit qualified government functionaries into postgraduate programmes offered by the Centre of Excellence, as government is embarking on a transformative journey with the deployment of Artificial Intelligence (AI), in all Ministries, Departments, and Agencies, to enhance decision-making processes and efficiency in government operations.

Tinubu also tasked the World Bank-sponsored Centre of Excellence on Technology Enhanced Learning (ACETEL), hosted by NOUN, to engage in research outcome that will be enhance the use of ICT tools for improved learning in Nigeria.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 9:52pm On Apr 17
New Development on Course Registration for all 300 Level Students

1 Like 1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 9:46am On Apr 18
NOTICE: DEADLINE FOR CHANGE OF STUDY CENTRE

1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by BERNIMOORE: 1:20am On Apr 21
Good day sirs, please i want to do my PGD Accounting in NOUN, it seems that the registration has closed already, can I still register? if not, when will new registration be opened for next year? (2) how many years is PGD Accounting in NOUN? i am curious...i will appreciate your prompt response
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by apeelewuetu1: 7:31pm On Apr 21
BERNIMOORE:
Good day sirs, please i want to do my PGD Accounting in NOUN, it seems that the registration has closed already, can I still register? if not, when will new registration be opened for next year? (2) how many years is PGD Accounting in NOUN? i am curious...i will appreciate your prompt response
The Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting is currently unavailable at the National Open University. However, other PGD courses are available, including Entrepreneurship, Public Administration, and Business Administration. For more details, you can contact me at 07066369302.https://legiit.com/ExcellentWriter/professional-article-writing-1713664522

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by BERNIMOORE: 10:37pm On Apr 21
apeelewuetu1:
The Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting is currently unavailable at the National Open University. However, other PGD courses are available, including Entrepreneurship, Public Administration, and Business Administration. For more details, you can contact me at 07066369302.https://legiit.com/ExcellentWriter/professional-article-writing-1713664522
thanks for your advice, i am an Auditor with fcta and i think accounting will be the best course for my pgd because i have HND and wanted to do masters later..thanks again
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 6:44am On Apr 22
Update!!!

2024_1 Exam Registration Closed
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 2:15pm On Apr 23
APPROVAL FOR EXTENSION OF COURSES AND EXAMINATIONS REGISTRATION FOR 2024_1 SEMESTER

1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by EmmyEdu: 9:04am On Apr 25
TMA 1-3 SUBMISSION IS STILL ONGOING

We are still taking TMA booking.
Worry less about your TMA and focus on your reading for the exams. We got you covered. Let's give you the best course this semester

Agents with more than 10 students can bring their jobs.

_NOTE:_ CONTACT US FOR YOUR EXAM SUMMARY TODAY

To join the group, click on the following link: https:///IMo3UxJs4Jn4l5UEPzjcao

Thank you for your usual patronage.

EMMY EDUCATIONAL CONSULT

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Xxxylxxxx: 1:04pm On Apr 25
BSc in Law 😁😁😁
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by soccerlover: 6:46pm On Apr 25
Good day, I just got admitted to noun,and am unable to upload my credentials despite the document less than 2mb
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Blessedarethepe(m): 6:51pm On Apr 25
Enskynelson:

The change of Study centre, u apply at your current study Centre. Upload a copy of the signed form to support.nou.edu.ng under the appropriate ticket. You keep checking your portal nouonline.net to see if it's effected.
Do that before payment of fees because you cannot say how long this will take and if they will change it or not. Many students have missed exams due to the fact that they applied for the change and it was not done. For such student, the fees for that semester is a waste. Since u have spent much that your application fees, wait and see if they will effect the change before you go ahead with payment of fees.
Pls sir, which of the fees will be wasted? Semester, course or exam ? Or did you mean all?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 7:28pm On Apr 25
Blessedarethepe:

Pls sir, which of the fees will be wasted? Semester, course or exam ? Or did you mean all?

These will be wasted:
Semester registration fee
Exams registration fee

Course registration will not be wasted as the following semester, you will not need to pay to register those courses again.
But you will pay for semester registration as well as exams registration.

If you are in this situation, go to your study centre and write to drop semester registration (only MIS can do this), course registration and exams registration (possible at the Study Centre).
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 7:34pm On Apr 25
soccerlover:
Good day, I just got admitted to noun,and am unable to upload my credentials despite the document less than 2mb
What error do you get? The requirement is the files should be less than 1mb.
Use ilovepdf.com to compress it.
Please it should be in pdf format.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by soccerlover: 9:22pm On Apr 25
Successful uploaded, please what next
Enskynelson:

What error do you get? The requirement is the files should be less than 1mb.
Use ilovepdf.com to compress it.
Please it should be in pdf format.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 10:30pm On Apr 25
soccerlover:
Successful uploaded, please what next
Go to the chosen study centre with the original and photocopies all those documents you uploaded for physical verification.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 10:34pm On Apr 25
2024_1 VIRTUAL EXAMINATION            REGISTRATION

This is to inform all students that the Virtual Examination Registration for the 2024_1 examination is now open online.

Students who are interested in taking the Virtual Examination are advised to register through this link

https://dea.nou.edu.ng/virtualexamapplication

Kindly NOTE that only Students outside Nigeria with genuine proof and those who have a critical health condition are eligible for this examination.  The scheduled registration has started today, 25th April 2024.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (1576) (1577) (1578) (1579) (1580) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.