Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:26 AM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (1199) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3486105 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1196) (1197) (1198) (1199) (1200) (1201) (1202) ... (1580) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 12:16pm On Apr 28, 2020
Update!!!

➡TMA 1 closes today

➡GST courses are not closing soon

➡Business Plan (GST 302) Submission closes 14th Of May

➡TMA 2 should open tomorrow

You can also chat me up for any other Assistance...

Thanks

MACHARTHONY SOLUTIONS
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Bekind33(m): 12:20pm On Apr 28, 2020
Enskynelson:

Check your GST portal and look for GST103. Both courses are supposed to be the same.
what is the portal for gst
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by imagrg(m): 1:56pm On Apr 28, 2020
I have a question sir.
My children stopped their studies at the institution in 2015 because of their poor performance in the course I chosed for them.
Please can they continue and change their courses?
Please reply via WhatsApp Chat: 07084793078
Samisha500:
NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA (NOUN)

Press Release on Alleged Shutting Down of Portal

The Management of the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) is aware of murmurings this week, especially in the social media, that the University's portal has been shut down, thereby hampering efforts by students and candidates for admission to conduct their registration.

The Management hastens to categorically state that the assertion is a mere rumour created by some idle minds.

The portal of the University remains open.

However, Management wishes to indicate that the students and candidates seeking admission will definitely encounter a hitch in the second leg of the registration process these days which has nothing to do with the University portal.

There are two steps in completing registration at NOUN. The first is the one on the University portal and the second is the one at the study centre of one's choice. Whilst the first can be successfully done from any location, a student or candidate for admission is required to go to his or her chosen study centre to complete the registration.

Understandably, it has become impossible to finish one's registration in the second and final leg due to the ongoing lockdown occasioned by the coronavirus pandemic.

However, students should take note that if one has not been able to complete one's registration in this semester, he or she can do so in the next semester. This shows that we are flexible, unlike the conventional universities.

Management calls on all NOUN students to strictly adhere to the stay at home order and other safety protocols in order to curtail the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic and survive to continue with their educational pursuits in the near future.

Signed:

IBRAHIM SHEME
Director of Media and Publicity, NOUN

Regards
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Appswheel(m): 2:24pm On Apr 28, 2020
Given the current lockdown and its implication on face to face learning; school owners, teachers and facilitators are seeking stop-gap measures to offer online training before schools resume.

Below Video describes how to use Zoom to record an online course

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh6qvMjeP_k

Smart teachers are already looking at the bright side of the Pandemic. What opportunities do you see?

A teacher can learn how to deploy virtual learning softwares and provide training to schools and other teachers.

Teachers can position for homeschooling, create e-learning content and distribute them online.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Appswheel(m): 2:28pm On Apr 28, 2020
Attention: NOUN Students

-NOUN Course materials are available for FREE on Q and A App

-NOUN Past Questions for all Faculties/departments are available on Q and A App

-CIT Past Questions and Answers (100L - 800L) are available on Q and A App.

Install Q and A App from Playstore
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tolu.qanda
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 2:34pm On Apr 28, 2020
Bekind33:
what is the portal for gst
elearn.nouedu2.net/login/index.php
Initial login
Username: matriculation (lowercase)
Password: same as above
You will be prompted to change your password. Then continue from there.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Appswheel(m): 2:35pm On Apr 28, 2020
ade2291:

In other credible institutions like Uniben for example, whether you present ND, HND or you are applying for a PG program, you must get the DE/PG form and sit for a test. That test is an important part of all admissions which all good institutions handles thoroughly.

For the aspect of online facilitation, the school should do more by making it an essential process for all students. More qualified tutors should be employed to handle the different courses, and there should be a way to detect defaulters who wouldn't participate in it, plus setting a penalty for not taking part. These are some of the things the conventional institutions are doing which gives them all the hype.

If this is implemented, people can no longer bash the school for not holding physical classes to teach the students. Naturally, Nigeria isn't used to this kinda system of studying, and this is another reason the public still look down on the school. Nigerians always want things to come hard, and yes, the harder it is the more valuable it would be for them. This is the mentality of most Nigerians.

I just need something to shun all blabbers up, and let them know that NOUN also produces good graduates like other conventional institutions.
Sound mind. Well done. It is great to know that you and a few others are products of NOUN.

However, the quality of engagement you will find on some NOUN groups on Facebook makes one almost conclude that the University breeds poorly trained students. There are exemptions...

2 Likes

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 2:38pm On Apr 28, 2020
imagrg:
I have a question sir.
My children stopped their studies at the institution in 2015 because of their poor performance in the course I chosed for them.
Please can they continue and change their courses?
Please reply via WhatsApp Chat: 07084793078
If they have not gone far and indeed their performance was poor (it depends on how poor), I will suggest they should begin the new programme. If it's not so poor and maybe they have gone far like, more than two semesters, they can continue but changing of course depends on how close both courses are. More details will help anyone give u a more precise advice.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 3:47pm On Apr 28, 2020
ATTENTION ALL 300L STUDENTS!!!

This is to notify all 300L students who registered for GST302 Business Creation and Growth that; deadline submission of Business Plan which was stated to end by April, 30th 2020 has been shifted till May, 14th 2020.

We urge everyone to ensure the finish up on writing their business plan and submit on or before 14th of May, 2020.

MISHA CARES
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by compreyus: 5:31pm On Apr 28, 2020
IMPROVE YOURSELF DURING LOCKDOWN.
LEARN ANALYSIS & INTERPRETATION OF DATA ONLINE.
Do you know that with as low as 1500 naira, you can learn a skill that will benefit you a lifetime. statistical
analysis is a skill that is indispensable in every tertiary institution & acquiring the skill does not only put you ahead of others, but fetches extra income as it is a well sought out skill.*
We are actually running the training to help students especially undergraduate students in their penultimate and final year, and postgraduate students.
You can benefit by not only acquiring an invaluable skill for yourself alone but can also make some extra money from colleagues who don't have the skill.
Single statistical analysis of project may cost students btw 5-20k depending on location and volume of work done.
The packages have been splitted to allow all categories benefit.
TEXT OR CHAT 08039244808 TO REGISTER

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Bekind33(m): 6:49pm On Apr 28, 2020
Enskynelson:

Initial login
no Cit101
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 7:30pm On Apr 28, 2020
Bekind33:
no Cit101
And no GST103?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Bekind33(m): 10:22am On Apr 29, 2020
Enskynelson:

Initial login
yes no GST103
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 3:19pm On Apr 29, 2020
BREAKING NEWS!!!

TMA2 IS NOW ACTIVE ON THE PORTAL

CHEERS wink

MISHA CARES

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by emmasolves101(m): 4:03pm On Apr 29, 2020
TMA is closed... TMA 2 will soon be out!

Did you miss TMA1?
Chat me up: 09040114876
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Idiataqueen(f): 5:52pm On Apr 29, 2020
Pls who was able to do this course (BFN207)it was showing TMA not yet ready, although I checked it this morning still showing the same thing,I just want to be sure that I wasn't the only one affected,pls help a disturb mind.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Idiataqueen(f): 5:56pm On Apr 29, 2020
Samisha500:

BFN207 (NOT YET READY)
ITS GENERAL, YOU'RE ADVISED TO KEEP CHECKING THE TMA BEFORE THE CLOSURE...
I tried doing that,I also checked it this morning but still the same problem,my question is this,is it going to re open?and hope it won't affect my marks?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by yak(m): 8:46pm On Apr 29, 2020
ade2291:

In other credible institutions like Uniben for example, whether you present ND, HND or you are applying for a PG program, you must get the DE/PG form and sit for a test. That test is an important part of all admissions which all good institutions handles thoroughly.

For the aspect of online facilitation, the school should do more by making it an essential process for all students. More qualified tutors should be employed to handle the different courses, and there should be a way to detect defaulters who wouldn't participate in it, plus setting a penalty for not taking part. These are some of the things the conventional institutions are doing which gives them all the hype.

If this is implemented, people can no longer bash the school for not holding physical classes to teach the students. Naturally, Nigeria isn't used to this kinda system of studying, and this is another reason the public still look down on the school. Nigerians always want things to come hard, and yes, the harder it is the more valuable it would be for them. This is the mentality of most Nigerians.

I just need something to shun all blabbers up, and let them know that NOUN also produces good graduates like other conventional institutions.

those institutions were not conducting tests from the word go. they only started those when the number of applicants outnumbered the spaces available so as to prune the numbers.

5 Likes

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by rrreer: 10:52pm On Apr 29, 2020
NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY: WE'RE SOLUTION PROVIDER, THEREFORE TELL US WHAT'S YOUR CHALLENGES ARE AND WE'LL ASSIST YOU!...

Fresh Admission & Application process

Portal Analysis

Minus Sign Removal

Project & Seminar writing.

TMA 30/30 GUARANTEED ,.

PAST QUESTIONS 2014-2019 (BSC/ PGD & MSC)

Remita(RRR)

Business plan (GST302)

IT/SIWES (REPORT)//..

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 7:03am On Apr 30, 2020
NOW AVAILABLE!!!

1.NOUN PAST QUESTIONS 100L-800L (B.Sc, PGD, Msc &MBA)

2. COURSE MATERIALS ALSO AVAILABLE FOR ALL PROGRAMMEs )WE DELIVER TO YOUR DOOR STEP..

3. WE JUST HAVE 19DAYS TO SUBMIT OUR TMA2 WHICH CLOSES ON THE 21ST OF MAY ...

4. OTHER NOUN RELATED ISSUES.

DISTANCE IS NOT A BARRIER......

CHAT US ON WHATSAPP OR CALL ☎

MISHA CARES
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ade2291(m): 11:12am On Apr 30, 2020
yak:

those institutions were not conducting tests from the word go. they only started those when the number of applicants outnumbered the spaces available so as to prune the numbers.

Truly, Jamb was established to coordinate and ensure a uniform national standard of university education due to a sudden surge in the population of admission seekers. 

However, before the establishment of JAMB, university admission seekers either gained admission directly through presentation of the General Certificate of Education (GCE A/L) or through concessional entrance examination which could qualify them for admission into Preliminary Level. This means that without presenting the GCE A/L, applicants were accessed through the entrance test. Admitting applicants by only accessing their waec/neco presentation was not in any way used as the only requirement in the early education system. However, if you think the First Generation Universities in Nigeria admitted students with only waec or neco certificates, please endeavor to educate me by presenting the source to such claims. 

Again, PUTME has a history in Nigeria. Pruning the number of applicants based on school's capacity wasn't the direct purpose for the invention (Jamb already addressed that). It was learnt that the earliest utme formally called ume, had a high number of impersonations. This was what brought post-utme into existence. The PUTME was aimed at getting qualified/quality candidates into our tertiary institutions, so as to earn the respect of other climes in the country’s education system. Like I earlier stated, please tender your sources if you stand on the contrary.

https://dailypost.ng/2016/07/12/how-we-started-post-ume-ex-nuc-boss-okebukola/
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Idiataqueen(f): 11:39am On Apr 30, 2020
Noun is not a school,infact am starting to regret obtaining the form,BFN (207)TMA1 was not uploaded before it was closed, infact I still checked in the morning before it was closed it was still showing not yet ready,I was told that it has gone,I will be marked 0 in that TMA,infact am considering obtaining ui dlc form and stop noun,it pained me,and who knows the worst thing they may done.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Yem0350: 12:16pm On Apr 30, 2020
Idiataqueen:
Noun is not a school,infact am starting to regret obtaining the form,BFN (207)TMA1 was not uploaded before it was closed, infact I still checked in the morning before it was closed it was still showing not yet ready,I was told that it has gone,I will be marked 0 in that TMA,infact am considering obtaining ui dlc form and stop noun,it pained me,and who knows the worst thing they may done.

As usual, any course without TMA, implies the exam will be based on 100%
This is not new.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Idiataqueen(f): 12:49pm On Apr 30, 2020
Yem0350:

As usual, any course without TMA, implies the exam will be based on 100%
This is not new.
Jesus!!!,anyways thanks for the reply.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 12:52pm On Apr 30, 2020
Idiataqueen:
Who told u you will be marked Zero? If your lecturer did not give you test, he either use a certain formula to give a general score for the test or mark the exams over 100. I can tell you that last semester, courses without TMAs like that were given certain scores based on a derived Formula. That complain you just raised shouldn't count yet. Cheers.

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Idiataqueen(f): 1:45pm On Apr 30, 2020
Enskynelson:

Who told u you will be marked Zero? If your lecturer did not give you test, he either use a certain formula to give a general score for the test or mark the exams over 100. I can tell you that last semester, courses without TMAs like that were given certain scores based on a derived Formula. That complain you just raised shouldn't count yet. Cheers.
Thanks,for the enlightenment.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Funkybabee(f): 2:47pm On Apr 30, 2020
Idiataqueen:

It's a lie, the mark will be added to ur score. 10marks, that's ur bonus
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ricy20(f): 5:06pm On Apr 30, 2020
*BREAKING NEWS!!!!!*

TMA2 IS NOW ACTIVE ON THE PORTAL.

If you want me to handle your TMA 2 and 3 you can chat me up now and other related NOUN issues.

Thanks

*COUNTDOWN TO TMA2 CLOSURE*

```WE JUST HAVE 19DAYS FOR TMA2 TO CLOSE```
Call us on : 08021095356
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 7:51pm On Apr 30, 2020
THIS INFORMATION IS FOR SOUTH WEST ONLY.

Good evening everyone. Hopefully we’re keeping safe and healthy. Find below the steps to Join zoom Meeting for GST302 Presentation

1. Go through https://elearn.nouedu2.net.
2. Type in your username and password.
3. On the dashboard, click on GST302.
4. On the GST302 course page, Scroll down to incubation centre briefings/presentation.
5. Below incubation centre briefings/presentation, chick on the zone you belong to.
6. On the zone meeting page, click on the Green Button ‘Join Meeting’ (if you are using your phone to join the presentation session, you have to download the zoom application).

Also below is schedule for presentation according to study centres. Students are expected to adhere strictly to their dates.

Presentation starts by 8am to 5pm each day.

1. Lagos 4th, 5th and 28th
2. Abeokuta 12th, 13th and 29th
3. McCarthy 23rd, 25th and 30th
4. Mushin 6th and 7th
5. Iwo 19th and 20th
6. Ibadan 21st and 22nd
7. Apapa 14th and 15th
8. Akure 8th and 9th
9. Osogbo 16th and 18th
10. Awa-Ijebu 27th
11. Ado-Ekiti 11th
12. Otan-Ayiegbju 26th

Share widely with your colleagues.
Students will be penalized for coming online on day not scheduled for their study centres.

MISHA CARES
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by yak(m): 9:10pm On Apr 30, 2020
ade2291:

Truly, Jamb was established to coordinate and ensure a uniform national standard of university education due to a sudden surge in the population of admission seekers. 

However, before the establishment of JAMB, university admission seekers either gained admission directly through presentation of the General Certificate of Education (GCE A/L) or through concessional entrance examination which could qualify them for admission into Preliminary Level. This means that without presenting the GCE A/L, applicants were accessed through the entrance test. Admitting applicants by only accessing their waec/neco presentation was not in any way used as the only requirement in the early education system. However, if you think the First Generation Universities in Nigeria admitted students with only waec or neco certificates, please endeavor to educate me by presenting the source to such claims. 

Again, PUTME has a history in Nigeria. Pruning the number of applicants based on school's capacity wasn't the direct purpose for the invention (Jamb already addressed that). It was learnt that the earliest utme formally called ume, had a high number of impersonations. This was what brought post-utme into existence. The PUTME was aimed at getting qualified/quality candidates into our tertiary institutions, so as to earn the respect of other climes in the country’s education system. Like I earlier stated, please tender your sources if you stand on the contrary.

https://dailypost.ng/2016/07/12/how-we-started-post-ume-ex-nuc-boss-okebukola/

the content I quoted talked abt Direct Entry and PG. I have 4coursemates who joined at 200 n 300l. they didn't write any form of qualifying exams. my dad started and completed his masters degree without doing any exams

meanwhile, do u know that some Universities don't conduct any post Jamb till date but choose to do certificate verification in lieu

2 Likes

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ade2291(m): 11:08pm On Apr 30, 2020
yak:

the content I quoted talked abt Direct Entry and PG. I have 4coursemates who joined at 200 n 300l. they didn't write any form of qualifying exams. my dad started and completed his masters degree without doing any exams

meanwhile, do u know that some Universities don't conduct any post Jamb till date but choose to do certificate verification in lieu

The content says DE/PG in Uniben. Perhaps, my focus point isn't on DE/PG only. So if you think other institutions gives admission without testing its applicants, then that's up to you, but definitely that isn't possible in Uniben. The only exception is on some irrelevant PT programs. It seem you didn't get the full direction of the discussion. Accessing the school on overall standard (100-800L), we are talking on the aspect of discrimination, and are viewing some of the things which made noun undervalued by most Nigerians. My input is, if they must tackle discrimination, they must start from the base level.

And as for your second claim, some institutions uses only utme and don't conduct putme. At least they set a certain criteria on a specific cutoff in utme (my earliest post has this suggestion). This is different from just checking only waec or neco, whereas most SSCE holders in Nigeria actually got their certification through various degree of malpractice. There should be a way to prune these lazy students who wouldn't wanna read but want a degree. Just like the guy I first quoted complained about TMA 30/30 being bought by some noun students. These set of students will still disgrace the school in the future, because they are not ready to learn. An entry test or a specific jamb cutoff will reduce the inflation of such students to the school.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1196) (1197) (1198) (1199) (1200) (1201) (1202) ... (1580) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: zico730(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.