Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,894 members, 7,824,745 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:35 PM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (174) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3493421 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) ... (1581) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by zanga3(f): 11:17pm On Jan 07, 2014
essienbest: was told to go get waec original copy of my result.

U mean the coloured one
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by essienbest(m): 2:07am On Jan 08, 2014
zanga3:

U mean the coloured one
yeah that one, do you have an inkling on the price?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by zanga3(f): 2:17am On Jan 08, 2014
essienbest:
yeah that one, do you have an inkling on the price?

Get a waec scratch card, then proceed to a cyber cafe for colour printing.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by essienbest(m): 4:43am On Jan 08, 2014
zanga3:

Get a waec scratch card, then proceed to a cyber cafe for colour printing.
not that one i did that!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Takoro13(m): 7:02am On Jan 08, 2014
essienbest: not that one i did that!
go to your sku or waec centre there you collect original copy of result.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 7:16am On Jan 08, 2014
essienbest: not that one i did that!

Which year's edition? Go to d school u did it if it is May/June or to WAEC office in d state u did it if it's Nov/Dec.Without that certificate no clearance.

The cost not price of getting it @ WAEC office is @ most N2,000 if it is Nov/Dec and have like N5,000 if it is the May/June's.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Aghagba(f): 9:21am On Jan 08, 2014
I would love 2 apply 4 sociology in noun, what are d requirements?and hw much is d form?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by essienbest(m): 9:39am On Jan 08, 2014
ferdimako:

Which year's edition? Go to d school u did it if it is May/June or to WAEC office in d state u did it if it's Nov/Dec.Without that certificate no clearance.

The cost not price of getting it @ WAEC office is @ most N2,000 if it is Nov/Dec and have like N5,000 if it is the May/June's.
thank u nd thank u for the correction.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by mysteko(m): 9:56am On Jan 08, 2014
Dahunsi K: Hello house want 2 know correct info. About Computer science and other dept. In Noun ask am ready 2 answer u correctly....one have 2 be inform inorder nt do be lost. Am in 300level CSC.

I just applied for CSC.. Anyway you can help me? I'm on facebook.com/mysteko you can drop me a message anytime. Thanks.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Spencerpnf(m): 9:57am On Jan 08, 2014
is dere any news about graduatn students list
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 10:14am On Jan 08, 2014
please any CSS student in abk centrr
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jan 08, 2014
Pls, is there any communication tech. Student here? I nid help
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jan 08, 2014
Spencerpnf: is dere any news about graduatn students list

Go to ur SC to hear what d outcome of d yesterday's senate meeting is.I know I shld know much on Friday.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by seansifo(m): 9:01pm On Jan 08, 2014
I need help on SC materials for 100L
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by erul: 10:49pm On Jan 08, 2014
i am planning to do my 1st degree programme (Bsc) in National Open
University of Nigeria (NOUN) but i dont know if at the end of programme i will be able to use my NOUN bsc degree to apply for Msc in another university(precisely-unilag/lasu) .pls NOUN 1st degree graduates on nairalands and as well as others that have a vital info on this issue should help out,because i am
afraid of discrimination from other universities.thanks.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 7:18am On Jan 09, 2014
seansifo: I need help on SC materials for 100L

What are SC materials? SC means Study Center.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 7:22am On Jan 09, 2014
erul: i am planning to do my 1st degree programme (Bsc) in National Open
University of Nigeria (NOUN) but i dont know if at the end of programme i will be able to use my NOUN bsc degree to apply for Msc in another university(precisely-unilag/lasu) .pls NOUN 1st degree graduates on nairalands and as well as others that have a vital info on this issue should help out,because i am
afraid of discrimination from other universities.thanks.

Naturally u can do Masters with NOUN and schools abroad even up to PhD but with coventional Nigerian universities like Unilag or LASU....I don't have any idea.Who wants to run into brickwalls anyway? Open and online education systems are d way forward, people. Brace up for this wave! Study with d works of d best brains at ur own pace and enjoy current inputs.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 7:26am On Jan 09, 2014
Aghagba: I would love 2 apply 4 sociology in noun, what are d requirements?and hw much is d form?

NOUN doesn't have Sociology yet.Check www.noun.edu.ng for their courses and choose another or go to ur intended study center for advice.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 7:31am On Jan 09, 2014
Spencerpnf: is dere any news about graduatn students list

I'm in Jos now, we are awaiting d arrival of our Director from d senate meeting today,so I will be at my SC Friday for details and news on that and on results. Not everyone will make d list-those that didn't submit their projects on time, those that don't have up to d required credit units, those with lots of carry-overs and those that owe.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by jmoore(m): 8:42am On Jan 09, 2014
@ferdimako, how can a student owe NOUN? Please explain.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 9:08am On Jan 09, 2014
jmoore: @ferdimako, how can a student owe NOUN? Please explain.

Like u did a co without payment or u didn't pay exam fees for ur projects,it or seminar.

Yesterday, I was able to notice that one of my 7 missing results has been accounted for (no official grade though) as my SC IT guy populated 123 units without those of my projects,it and seminar.I'm just gathering question papers for Msc. I don't wanna start making unecessary friendships at Apapa SC.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by jmoore(m): 9:25am On Jan 09, 2014
ferdimako:

Like u did a co without payment or u didn't pay exam fees for ur projects,it or seminar.

I didn't pay exam fees for project and seminar. They are not examinable.
They want to stress us out.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 10:30am On Jan 09, 2014
jmoore:
I didn't pay exam fees for project and seminar. They are not examinable.
They want to stress us out.

U may get away with it. Remember this is not official but if they will ever hold one they will tell the reason. My pal was told yesterday that if after waiving his COs and he doesn't get to 120 units...he may be required to pass them or do more fresh ones.He has 4 COs and his JUN/JUL 2013 results are not known yet.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by jmoore(m): 10:44am On Jan 09, 2014
ferdimako:

U may get away with it. Remember this is not official but if they will ever hold one they will tell the reason. My pal was told yesterday that if after waiving his COs and he doesn't get to 120 units...he may be required to pass them or do more fresh ones.He has 4 COs and his JUN/JUL 2013 results are not known yet.
I pray the exam fees for seminar and project won't affect me.

I have not been to my study centre since last Dec.
Have you seen your June/July 2013 results?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 10:50am On Jan 09, 2014
jmoore:
I pray the exam fees for seminar and project won't affect me.

I have not been to my study centre since last Dec.
Have you seen your June/July 2013 results?

I didn't do that semester.I did a lot d semester before it (Jan/Feb 2013) and did only two exams with all d non-examinables in Oct/Nov 2013.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Prinzoladimeji(m): 12:50pm On Jan 09, 2014
Can sum1 register some 2nd semester course when still in first semester
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Ejaay: 12:52pm On Jan 09, 2014
kcstyle40:
thanks this is encouraging...
Pls where is your study centre as mine is apapa lagos.
Thanks a whole lot....
I still need ur contact if you dont mind...( #olivertwist) *smiles*. smiley

Welcome. Lokoja study centre. 08077523713.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jan 09, 2014
Prinzoladimeji: Can sum1 register some 2nd semester course when still in first semester

It's now illegal & NOUN frowns upon it.We did it during our time because d calendar wasn't in order as schedules were not adhered to.Now that things run well,no need but if u are hellbent....what d heck!

On the other hand,NOUN welcomes it when u pick up ur backlogs.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Prinzoladimeji(m): 2:26pm On Jan 09, 2014
SAVE YOUR STUDENTS FROM PSYCHOLOGICAL TRAUMAS.

The lofty dreams of the authorities of National Open University of Nigeria can come to fruition even in less years than projected. But this is not without a true dedication to service by the school.
Although the school has done so much in improving its image and academic standard, more still need to be done. NOUN students are thirsty of consoling and heartwarming information from the school to release themselves from their apprehension over many issues but they have been receiving no answers from the appropriate authority.
Students are like sheep without a shepherd. There is no direction, no purpose, no meaning, no hope and no sense of fulfilment among them. They wallow in doubt and uncertainty having no one to add spirit to their courageous move to achieve their life goals through NOUN.
It is my honest advice to the authorities of National Open University of Nigeria to save our ambitious students from psychological traumas by clearing the air through providing updates about certain key issues such as the latest tidbits about the Law School palaver, the NYSC mirage and other crucial information. I wish you the best.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Takoro13(m): 2:37pm On Jan 09, 2014
ferdimako:

It's now illegal & NOUN frowns upon it.We did it during our time because d calendar wasn't in order as schedules were not adhered to.Now that things run well,no need but if u are hellbent....what d heck!
On the other hand,NOUN welcomes it when u pick up ur backlogs.
Is not illegal but you shld advice them for easy going and safety. And doing that may cause you some challenges when you are preparing for exams and is likely you face multiple papers in exam days
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by obrien28(m): 3:06pm On Jan 09, 2014
plz i want to ask the requirements of students who want to study law in NOUN. And plz íf i buy d form now nd apply to the skul, when shall I be expecting d skul to give me admission into the skul? Thank you, I wil b grateful if any1 replies me
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Takoro13(m): 3:22pm On Jan 09, 2014
obrien28: plz i want to ask the requirements of students who want to study law in NOUN. And plz íf i buy d form now nd apply to the skul, when shall I be expecting d skul to give me admission into the skul? Thank you, I wil b grateful if any1 replies me
You will have your admission letter immidiate you finish filling the form and you are admitted. The main issue is your o'level. Go to www.nou.edu.ng and www.noun.edu.ng for official infor and support it with posts on this forum

(1) (2) (3) ... (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) ... (1581) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.