Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,245 members, 7,836,168 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:53 PM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (181) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3503647 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) ... (1582) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Takoro13(m): 9:59pm On Jul 03, 2014
ferdimako:
Congratulations!
Thanks man.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by SONKOko(m): 10:25pm On Jul 03, 2014
Please guys I am a bit confuse

I'm supposed to be in 300level second semester but because I want to use only 2 more semesters, I changed from 300level to 400level to enable me register some 400level first semester courses.

Now have registered both 300level second semester courses and some 400level first semester Courses. My problem is that I don't know whether to change my level back to 300level or leave it at 400level
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by godstino2002: 12:00am On Jul 04, 2014
SONKOko: Please guys I am a bit confuse

I'm supposed to be in 300level second semester but because I want to use only 2 more semesters, I changed from 300level to 400level to enable me register some 400level first semester courses.

Now have registered both 300level second semester courses and some 400level first semester Courses. My problem is that I don't know whether to change my level back to 300level or leave it at 400level

I will suggest u register for 300level since is ur present level. Because, if u register for 400level, there will be a gap (300level second semester) which may create some difficulty for u doing final clearance.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Takoro13(m): 5:26am On Jul 04, 2014
SONKOko: Please guys I am a bit confuse

you dont need to change it again as it has no effect on your activities. do you notice you were charge #5000 as you change it, if not, maybe you dont have much there if yes changing it back to 300lv now and want to change it back to 400lv later would required another #5000. This money is the money we are to pay at the graduation year. am stand to be corrected. love for all, hatred for none. peace!

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by bastien: 7:38am On Jul 04, 2014
jpmorgan003: I visited ikeja sc today to pick up my course materials for CSS, and I was given a tie & profile. and asked to check back for the materials in 3 weeks time. However, can I buy them elsewhere? Moreso, the orientation was conducted yesterday 2nd July. On the portal matric is slated for 12th July, where will it be held? I trust I can rely on this forum for guidance. Many thanks in advance.
what is tie n profile, I wasn't given that, and they didn't collect my 3files.did dey collect urs?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by professorgome: 8:02am On Jul 04, 2014
Takoro13:
you dont need to change it again as it has no effect on your activities. do you notice Did you notice if you were charge charged #5000 as you change changed it, ? if If not, maybe you dont have much there if yes changing it back to 300lv now and want to change it back to 400lv later would required require another #5000. This money is the money we are to pay at the graduation year. am I stand to be corrected. love for all, hatred for none. peace!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by zionsamuel: 8:45am On Jul 04, 2014
Good morning pals,
When is the clearance for post graduate students coming to a close? I am a new MBA student and yet to begin clearance.

Thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by professorgome: 8:46am On Jul 04, 2014
zionsamuel: Good morning pals,
When is the clearance for post graduate students coming to a close? I am a new MBA student and yet to do begin clearance.

Thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 9:17am On Jul 04, 2014
godstino2002:

I will suggest u register for 300level since is ur present level. Because, if u register for 400level, there will be a gap (300level second semester) which may create some difficulty for u doing final clearance.
No need to be confused. He is in order so long as the units are within 24! He should leave it @ 400L.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 9:24am On Jul 04, 2014
Takoro13:
you dont need to change it again as it has no effect on your activities. do you notice you were charge #5000 as you change it, if not, maybe you dont have much there if yes changing it back to 300lv now and want to change it back to 400lv later would required another #5000. This money is the money we are to pay at the graduation year. am stand to be corrected. love for all, hatred for none. peace!
That is d result verification fee...if portal didn't pick it...d final screening on that, alumni fee (N5,000) + project fee (N10K or N12K) will be checked @ d convocation ground and u pay cash if not no cert for u that day. The good thing is u can negotiate....I have only my fare back to Uyo...haha.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by zionsamuel: 9:44am On Jul 04, 2014
[quote author=professorgome][/quote]
Thanks for the correction
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by SONKOko(m): 10:30am On Jul 04, 2014
godstino2002:

That's what I am thinking too. But won't there be difficulty in my final clearance as there won't be 400level second semester too?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by SONKOko(m): 10:41am On Jul 04, 2014
Takoro13:

ferdimako:
No need to be confused. He is in order so long as the units are within 24! He should leave it @ 400L.

Thanks guys I will leave it @400level. And yes 5000 naira was deducted from my account for result verification fee.

One more thing, should I write 300level on the question paper when I sit for the 300level exams or I should just write the current level on my portal which is 400level? Thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Takoro13(m): 11:05am On Jul 04, 2014
SONKOko:

Thanks guys I will leave it @400level. And yes 5000 naira was deducted from my account for result verification fee.

One more thing, should I write 300level on the question paper when I sit for the 300level exams or I should just write the current level on my portal which is 400level? Thanks
when you are sitting for 300lv course write 300lv if 400lv write 400lv
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Takoro13(m): 11:12am On Jul 04, 2014
ferdimako:
That is d result verification fee...if portal didn't pick it...d final screening on that, alumni fee (N5,000) + project fee (N10K or N12K) will be checked @ d convocation ground and u pay cash if not no cert for u that day. The good thing is u can negotiate....I have only my fare back to Uyo...haha.
yes, it is result verification. i paid #10000 right from my first payment while degree students pay at graduation year. so no one can escape this alumni fee. what of gown fee?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jul 04, 2014
Takoro13:
yes, it is result verification. i paid #10000 right from my first payment while degree students pay at graduation year. so no one can escape this alumni fee. what of gown fee?
Gown is optional. Alumni fee is compulsory... u pay in d bank in January or u come with d cash. They want to charge me twice.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jul 04, 2014
Takoro13:
when you are sitting for 300lv course write 300lv if 400lv write 400lv
Write 400L...NOUN don't stick to d level dat much... d transcript carries only d time u did d exams eg 2013_1, 2013_2, 2013_3, 2014_1 and 2014_2 etc.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jul 04, 2014
@SONKOko
No be u dey ask me roads to Apapa SC? U don reach yr4 courses there? Still dey ask abi u transferred recently? I'm confused here!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jul 04, 2014
SONKOko:

That's what I am thinking too. But won't there be difficulty in my final clearance as there won't be 400level second semester too?
No, u graduate once u reach 120 units no matter how u did it.I almost used 5 semesters for my B.Sc program of 4years. Skipped almost 3 semesters. Now unit limiter has come to NOUN rescue... more cash to them.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by sluvy4tune(m): 12:36pm On Jul 04, 2014
ferdimako:
Write 400L...NOUN don't stick to d level dat much... d transcript carries only d time u did d exams eg 2013_1, 2013_2, 2013_3, 2014_1 and 2014_2 etc.

Are u guys saying one can finish in 3years?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by sluvy4tune(m): 12:37pm On Jul 04, 2014
ferdimako:
No, u graduate once u reach 120 units no matter how u did it.I almost used 5 semesters for my B.Sc program of 4years. Skipped almost 3 semesters. Now unit limiter has come to NOUN rescue... more cash to them.

Are u saying one can graduate in 3years
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Takoro13(m): 1:24pm On Jul 04, 2014
ferdimako:
Gown is optional. Alumni fee is compulsory... u pay in d bank in January or u come with d cash. They want to charge me twice.
here in my SC they want to see everything before they clear you.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by jpmorgan003: 1:37pm On Jul 04, 2014
bastien: what is tie n profile, I wasn't given that, and they didn't collect my 3files.did dey collect urs?
Tie for shirts n d skool profile-manual. My files weren't collected....
@godstino, I have downloaded all my course manuals. Many thanks, indeed.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 1:49pm On Jul 04, 2014
ferdimako:
Is 24 the highest no of units one czn register in semester?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 2:01pm On Jul 04, 2014
jpmorgan003:
Tie for shirts n d skool profile-manual. My files weren't collected....
@godstino, I have downloaded all my course manuals. Many thanks, indeed.
Is giving of tie meant for some departments? Were you charged for downloading the course materials?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by SONKOko(m): 3:00pm On Jul 04, 2014
ferdimako: @SONKOko
No be dey ask me roads to Apapa SC? U don reach yr4 courses there? Still dey ask abi u transferred recently? I'm confused here!

No get confused jare. My SC is ikeja. A friend asked me to help him do clearance @Apapa for his MBA.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jul 04, 2014
Takoro13:
here in my SC they want to see everything before they clear you.
Okay...mainly there is plenty of time. When it is few days to convocation... NOUN relies on staff on ground. All d best with d clearance.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jul 04, 2014
Kazrem:
Is 24 the highest no of units one czn register in semester?
yep...go master ur portal oh.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jul 04, 2014
sluvy4tune:

Are u saying one can graduate in 3years
Yep...24units each semester, 2 semesters in one year..u can focus on 6 semesters. Ur SC fit no agree oh....no go dey fight them say I tok so.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jul 04, 2014
SONKOko:

No get confused jare. My SC is ikeja. A friend asked me to help him do clearance @Apapa for his MBA.
U see ur life...u no come dey ask d MBA pesin...na u go write exams for am. I sure say na woman.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by SONKOko(m): 3:10pm On Jul 04, 2014
Thanks guys you are really helpful. ferdimako any help on project topic? I'm studying a similar course with yours -communication technology.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by SONKOko(m): 3:14pm On Jul 04, 2014
ferdimako:

The guy in my SC said am good with 90units. I gained admission through DE

(1) (2) (3) ... (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) ... (1582) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Hojuholape and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.