Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,164 members, 7,829,161 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (450) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3496880 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) ... (1581) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 9:22am On Oct 27, 2015
Hiploko:
what then do we do? Can we collectively report to NUC and do a media hype about it so that they take it serious? Can we have lalasticlala and seun do us that favor of front page so that they would address this issue before it gets outta hand?

Sir, any approach that can be adopted to get this guyz act right is so welcomed. NOUN rakes in hell of billions, they should invest it...They should stop using us to increase their bank statement. Any special thanks to TSA to steal has to be official but in the interest of all we must adopt any approach possible to get them to stop this. In Taraba for example the cheapest distance to the study centre if you don't stay in the capital is 1k so imagine spending such on transportation that was already spent for 8 exams.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 9:28am On Oct 27, 2015
stevohdee:
I'm still expecting my MGS 714 result, is der anyone waiting 4 d same result?

Lucky you just one result. Pls, try rewrite and forget the excuse of release in batches they claimed. But we all have to lean our voice to fight aganist this dread monster else it will be a regular thing maybe delibrate to ensure more funds are generated.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Hiploko(m): 9:41am On Oct 27, 2015
ejibaba:

Sir, any approach that can be adopted to get this guyz act right is so welcomed. NOUN rakes in hell of billions, they should invest it...They should stop using us to increase their bank statement. Any special thanks to TSA to steal has to be official but in the interest of all we must adopt any approach possible to get them to stop this. In Taraba for example the cheapest distance to the study centre if you don't stay in the capital is 1k so imagine spending such on transportation that was already spent for 8 exams.
let's start by creating a thread for that. I hope all NOUN students would buzz the thread so that it makes FP and we go from there

3 Likes

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 9:42am On Oct 27, 2015
Hi everyone!

I've been following one Elias Ozikpu, a Mass Communication student, and his claims on some of these issues as it affects the rest of us. He got the University to actually respond, which of course is a significant achievement in and of itself, even though they refuted his claims. I'd like to know how it all went with this guy if I could contact him, but my guess is the University resolved the issues behind the scenes and still went on to deny them outright.

This is a link to his publication on SaharaReporters! http://saharareporters.com/2015/08/07/corruption-denial-national-open-university-nigeria-let-facts-speak-elias-ozikpu

So, my point is that you, trying to do what you've been doing (sending mails, raising complaints through your SCs and all that), you might not get what you're looking for. Instead, try Elias's approach and make a public statement signed by each and everyone of you involved with proof and you'll get a different and better result. They know it doesn't look any good for their business if students keep coming up with these negative reports online...

cc:
ejibaba
mimihans
stevohdee
hiploko

*Edit 1
--------------------
There are other aspects you guys are not talking about, like inconsistencies in some of the course fees (Industrial Attachment, Project, Seminar). Are you knowingly avoiding them or you're ignorant of what's been going on?

Take Industrial attachment for instance; last two semesters it was N7,5K, the last one it got altered to N10K and now it has been again increased to N15K. Sharp practices like these should not be ignored. They've got to explain to us how they came about these changes, if they were at all necessary.

*Edit 2
--------------------
Sonkoko, I do not own a facebook account, would've been nice. That said, I hope some of you can get him to really comment on the progress he's made, seeing that he's been silent for a while now. Of course, I still do believe some of the issues he mentioned were quietly resolved.

Do not give up people, you can do this!

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by SONKOko(m): 10:04am On Oct 27, 2015
^^^^^^^^Elias Ozikpu is still in the struggle. He is one of the admins in this NOUN group

https://m./346177985458918?ref=bookmarks

You can contact him there.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 10:28am On Oct 27, 2015
NixowL:
Hi everyone!

I've been following one Elias Ozikpu, a Mass Communication student, and his claims on some of these issues as it affects the rest of us. He got the University to actually respond, which of course is a significant achievement in and of itself, even though they refuted his claims. I'd like to know how it all went with this guy if I could contact him, but my guess is the University resolved the issues behind the scenes and still went on to deny them outright.

This is a link to his publication on SaharaReporters! http://saharareporters.com/2015/08/07/corruption-denial-national-open-university-nigeria-let-facts-speak-elias-ozikpu

So, my point is that you, trying to do what you've been doing (sending mails, raising complaints through your SCs and all that), you might not get what you're looking for. Instead, try Elias's approach and make a public statement signed by each and everyone of you involved with proof and you'll get a different and better result. They know it doesn't look any good for their business if students keep coming up with these negative reports online...

cc:
ejibaba
mimihans
stevohdee
hiploko

*Edit
--------------------
There are other aspects you guys are not talking about, like inconsistencies in some of the course fees (Industrial Attachment, Project, Seminar). Are you knowingly avoiding them or you're ignorant of what's been going on?

Take Industrial attachment for instance; last two semesters it was N7,5K, the last one it got altered to N10K and now it has been again increased to N15K. Sharp practices like these should not be ignored. They've got to explain to us how they came about these changes, if they were at all necessary.
Nice one bros, however, on the sharp practices issues i personally won't want to go that angle even when i quiet disagree with the prepostrous hike. My reason is simple they will always refer to their policy of reserving the right to change policy without ur consent so i won't want to debate that with them cos thats a struggle for another day. But not when i struggle to raise the stupendious fees, create time, read and not have to see my performance. Its psychologically discouraging and unethical. So i feel like when we can put a stop on this the rest won't be an issue.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 10:30am On Oct 27, 2015
Hiploko:
let's start by creating a thread for that. I hope all NOUN students would buzz the thread so that it makes FP and we go from there

sure
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 10:36am On Oct 27, 2015
ejibaba:

Nice one bros, however, on the sharp practices issues i personally won't want to go that angle even when i quiet disagree with the prepostrous hike. My reason is simple they will always refer to their policy of reserving the right to change policy without ur consent so i won't want to debate that with them cos thats a struggle for another day. But not when i struggle to raise the stupendious fees, create time, read and not have to see my performance. Its psychologically discouraging and unethical. So i feel like when we can put a stop on this the rest won't be an issue.
I see what you mean. Yeah, take it one step a time.
Hiploko, in addition to creating a thread, do a publication on SaharaReporters too. It attracts a fair share of traffic daily.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Obinoscopy(m): 11:07am On Oct 27, 2015
Hiploko:
what then do we do? Can we collectively report to NUC and do a media hype about it so that they take it serious? Can we have lalasticlala and seun do us that favor of front page so that they would address this issue before it gets outta hand?
Yes you can
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Obinoscopy(m): 11:12am On Oct 27, 2015
Hiploko:
Saw your thread. I don't think such thread would attract comments or frontpage. You need to post a well constructed essay that will attract comments and views.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Obinoscopy(m): 11:15am On Oct 27, 2015
lexdino:
Hello fellow NOUN students. I am a Political Science student(fresher) here in benin study center. Please I need someone who have experienced my current predicament to answer me. I just did Pol126 e-exam today and my score was 69/120 which is equal to 40.25/70. Added to my tma score of 29.5, it gives a total score of 69.75/100. My question is; Does noun round up exam scores before collating the results or are they simply going to give me a B? I finished my first semester with 9 straight As and it pains me to be commencing my second semester exam with a B.
No approximation is done. Rather what is done is truncation. Thus scores like 69.9 or 69.5 or 69.4 or 69.1 will be truncated to become 69.

However, don't be discouraged. You've got great results.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Hiploko(m): 12:53pm On Oct 27, 2015
Obinoscopy:
Saw your thread. I don't think such thread would attract comments or frontpage. You need to post a well constructed essay that will attract comments and views.
ok... But is subject OK?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Obinoscopy(m): 12:55pm On Oct 27, 2015
Hiploko:
ok... But is subject OK?
Yes
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Hiploko(m): 1:14pm On Oct 27, 2015
Obinoscopy:
Yes
write up modified. Let others students visit the thread and comment so that this ill will be addressed.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by hiswords7: 1:32pm On Oct 27, 2015
Obinoscopy:
No approximation is done. Rather what is done is truncation. Thus scores like 69.9 or 69.5 or 69.4 or 69.1 will be truncated to become 69.

However, don't be discouraged. You've got great results.

My brother......NOUN don't approximate. I had a similar experience in 100l. Got 69.something and I was so hopeful it will turn to A,but I was given B

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by MimiHANS(m): 2:56pm On Oct 27, 2015
Hiploko:

Sorry for the awfully late response. I was busy due to some logistic reasons. We can literally start from this kind of avenue.

However, I will implore all NOUN students to bombard the thread en mass with productive and reasonable comments, so as to draw the Public and NOUN scrutiny.

Moreover, you don't need to be a victim before you start commenting. We've gatz to cry out now because it can be your turn next. Though, I've never experienced such, but I have friends who are victims of this menace.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by MimiHANS(m): 3:03pm On Oct 27, 2015
lexdino:
Hello fellow NOUN students. I am a Political Science student(fresher) here in benin study center. Please I need someone who have experienced my current predicament to answer me. I just did Pol126 e-exam today and my score was 69/120 which is equal to 40.25/70. Added to my tma score of 29.5, it gives a total score of 69.75/100. My question is; Does noun round up exam scores before collating the results or are they simply going to give me a B? I finished my first semester with 9 straight As and it pains me to be commencing my second semester exam with a B.

It is not done anywhere, even in Conventional Universities.

It is like someone currently having a 3.49CGPA and hoping they will 'round it up' to 3.50CGPA(Second Class Upper Division).

May God continue to grant you a retentive memory!

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Obinoscopy(m): 6:50pm On Oct 27, 2015
Hiploko:
write up modified. Let others students visit the thread and comment so that this ill will be addressed.
It's now on the homepage. Welldone!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 8:26pm On Oct 27, 2015
ejibaba:

Imagine 8 courses!!! What rubbish!!! So what was the need for the attendance sheet? It's not Nigeria my brother. We have to speak up and have it end. We can't continue like this oooh. If nothing matters time does. A friend was to graduate and collect his result before the last election when his uncle was on sit but this same issue affected him now the result is out no one to help him. Time is of great essence. For some of us who have done online foreign programmes this issues are not a part of the issues faced. I've a little privilege to know how much NOUN makes ao year and guyz you will be shocked so it bothers me why they won't invest so much in the success of the institution. We all have to speak up now cos today's silent of evil is tomorrow's regret
Ironically he is a staff member. He was boasting they would retrieve the raw scores and for d fact he majors in computer science made sense that it is all theory here.

How could he have boasted when he should have known that if u did not back up at different locations or media or both when submission happens, you are not gonna retrieve jack?

I can see you are making some noise and a folk is saying everyone affected failed to put down correct matric number. hahaha.

Why don't they go back to d envelopes that contain the scripts? Hold markers accountable. Are E-exam papers that are missing because of improper inputting of mat.numbers too!? Ha!

NOUN has bitten off more they can chew but that is not our problem. They won't care or sit up if you can't sue them...there should be class actions.

But which judge will agree to have d jurisdiction? They prefer cases that spin cash.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 8:34pm On Oct 27, 2015
ejibaba:

Uncle, redo is not the issue na, haba!!! It's time and money. For someone who is expecting to graduate and leave you're forced to start a new semester n pay compulsory fees for that semester. A 3 semester programme becomes 4 or more...with the person paying the compulsory fees each semester and delayed in time and resources.We all have to cry out now cos it can be your turn next. A postgraduate student is currently repeating a course for the 3rd time and another B.sc student for the 4th time. I've never experienced such but worried that if they can have missing results and deceive its students that result are released in batches it speaks volume of their integrity and leaves room for possible fear or worry of results been manipulated. Silent today is defeat tomorrow
I'm not a staff member...I was a victim twice. When I said it is a Nigerian thingy..sb here called for my head. If u know u can't drag them to court and get a redress in a reasonable time...redo! But change must involve stopping suffering and smiling!

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by MimiHANS(m): 9:11pm On Oct 27, 2015
Hiploko:

Right now, an austere and fruitful demonstration/movement is in progress on that thread.
Kudos!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by laspalmas231: 10:07pm On Oct 27, 2015
tmapark:
PHY132 solved and tested in buytma.com
ENG122 SOLVED AND TESTED IN BUYTMA
MAC116 SOLVED AND TESTED
PHY111 SOLVED AND TESTED
And many other courses.....

check out www.buytma.com

www.buytma.com is a scam and its a sham itself, i was scammed by them... pls avoid this website .... as much as their offers look very tantalizing/inviting/too-good-to-be-true, do not fall victim... awon werrey
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by laspalmas231: 10:08pm On Oct 27, 2015
tmapark:
GST105 TMa1 to TMa4 Solved and posted on www.buytma.com

10/10 in all

Check out TMa1 Here >> (http://buytma.com/index.php/topic,2.0.html)

Submit and thank me later grin

www.buytma.com is a scam and its a sham itself, i was scammed by them... pls avoid this website .... as much as their offers look very tantalizing/inviting/too-good-to-be-true, do not fall victim... awon werrey
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by pastorhen: 11:43pm On Oct 27, 2015
Good evening house. Please i need assistance on how to get admission form for national open university. I was directed to www.remita.net. But no further information. Need help. Thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by laspalmas231: 12:10am On Oct 28, 2015
i just came here to let everybody know that www.buytma.com is a scam and its a sham itself, i was scammed by them... pls avoid this website .... as much as their offers look very tantalizing/inviting/too-good-to-be-true, do not fall victim... i was lucky enough to lwt go of just 400 naira mtn airtime... pls do not fall victim, they say they have tma's solved and ready but the moment you pay them, they block you off their website... pls do not fall victim, i am only trying to look out for everybody... anybody can be a victim

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by pastorhen: 5:50am On Oct 28, 2015
Good morning house. Please i need assistance on how to get admission form for national open university. Have been told to go online to www.remita.net. But pls I need further information. Thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Deyinka007: 6:05am On Oct 28, 2015
Does anyone know the e exam venues for Lagos sciences please help
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by pastorhen: 6:43am On Oct 28, 2015
SOMEBODY PLS HELP
Good morning house. Please i need assistance on how to get admission form for national open university. Have been told to go online to www.remita.net. But pls I need further information. Thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by pastorhen: 8:08am On Oct 28, 2015
Prospective and Old Students - New
Payment Process
For Payment of Fees for New and Current Students
click on the links below: New or
Prospective Students - [http://nou.edu.ng/page/
prospective] Current Students - [http://nou.edu.ng/
page/current-students-information-for-payment-of-
school-fees
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 12:43pm On Oct 28, 2015
laspalmas231:
i just came here to let everybody know that www.buytma.com is a scam and its a sham itself, i was scammed by them... pls avoid this website .... as much as their offers look very tantalizing/inviting/too-good-to-be-true, do not fall victim... i was lucky enough to lwt go of just 400 naira mtn airtime... pls do not fall victim, they say they have tma's solved and ready but the moment you pay them, they block you off their website... pls do not fall victim, i am only trying to look out for everybody... anybody can be a victim
Haha.

(1) (2) (3) ... (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) ... (1581) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.