Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,516 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (480) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3498367 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) ... (1581) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by jpmorgan003: 2:37pm On Jan 05, 2016
SunnyBlaze1:

which online platform did u use
GTBank.. but you can use any of the other banks in as much you have registered for internet banking with your bank.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 3:24pm On Jan 05, 2016
jpmorgan003:
Hi folks, I generated RRR on remita n I used internet banking to pay into NOUN acct. I logged into my student portal 30 mins later and checked my wallet n it has already reflected. This info is for those who may want to use internet banking.
Long time bro. How did you generate RRR code?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jan 05, 2016
jpmorgan003:

GTBank.. but you can use any of the other banks in as much you have registered for internet banking with your bank.
thank bro..its easier now. no more queueing in banks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by damiliano(m): 6:03pm On Jan 05, 2016
Please, when will the graduating list be out ?? ?? ??
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Makpel: 6:25pm On Jan 05, 2016
please when is screening going to start at Ibadan study centre?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by afangide(m): 6:31pm On Jan 05, 2016
jpmorgan003:
Hi folks, I generated RRR on remita n I used internet banking to pay into NOUN acct. I logged into my student portal 30 mins later and checked my wallet n it has already reflected. This info is for those who may want to use internet banking.
Pls did you use the RRR code as the account number, hw about the bank?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by jpmorgan003: 6:47pm On Jan 05, 2016
Kazrem:

Long time bro. How did you generate RRR code?
yeah longtime indeed. From your portal click on remita and follow the instruction. its easy and direct. you will have to type in the amount you intend to pay, thereafter, click on generate reference number. you write down the code generated. you will either use d code at the bank or internet banking.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by jpmorgan003: 6:49pm On Jan 05, 2016
SunnyBlaze1:
thank bro..its easier now. no more queueing in banks
anytime! kudos to noun for that.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by jpmorgan003: 6:53pm On Jan 05, 2016
afangide:
Pls did you use the RRR code as the account number, hw about the bank?
log into ur internet banking platform, go to payments of bills, etc. click on remita and follow the instruction.
any commercial bank i suppose, so far u have an internet banking account.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 7:18pm On Jan 05, 2016
jpmorgan003:

yeah longtime indeed. From your portal click on remita and follow the instruction. its easy and direct. you will have to type in the amount you intend to pay, thereafter, click on generate reference number. you write down the code generated. you will either use d code at the bank or internet banking.
OK thanks bro. What about a new applicant? How does he generate it to buy application form?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by jpmorgan003: 7:30pm On Jan 05, 2016
Kazrem:

OK thanks bro. What about a new applicant? How does he generate it to buy application form?
more info on that from noun website.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by maekhel(m): 7:56pm On Jan 05, 2016
Icekyng:

like hw do I start d registration process and hw do we meet fellow coursemates, mode of lecture
and resumption etc
How do I start the registration
Visit http://nou.edu.ng/page/application-for-admission for instructions on how to apply.
How do we meet fellow coursemates
I don't know either.
Mode of lectures
Self studying

Hope I have been able to answer your questions in the liltle way I can.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kokopos(m): 8:30pm On Jan 05, 2016
damiliano:
Please, when will the graduating list be out ?? ?? ??

HOPEFULLY ON THURSDAY SINCE SENATE WILL BE MEETING ON WEDNESDAY (TOMORROW)

2 Likes

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by fhranchez(m): 10:02pm On Jan 05, 2016
Pls what is remitta ?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by JDelight(m): 1:09am On Jan 06, 2016
NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA
14/16 Ahmadu Bello Way, Victoria Island, Lagos
(OFFICE OF THE REGISTRAR)
NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA (NOUN)

5th CONVOCATION CEREMONY
The National Open University of Nigeria is pleased to announce its 5th Convocation Ceremony holding on Friday, 15th and Saturday, 16th January, 2016 for the information of graduands, their parents/guardians, friends of the University and the general public.
PROGRAMME OF EVENTS:
Friday, 15th January, 2016
Convocation Lecture by : Professor Nuhu Omeiza Yaqub, OFR, FSPSP, FNIIA, FSSAN, MNIM
Vice-Chancellor
Sokoto State University
Sokoto
Theme: “Open and Distance Education and Socio-Economic Development”
Chairman : Professor Suleiman Elias Bogoro
Executive Secretary
Tertiary Education Trust Fund (TETFUND)
Venue : University Village,
National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN),
Plot 91, Cadastral Zone,
Nnamdi Azikiwe Expressway,
Jabi, Abuja, FCT.
Time : 10.00 a.m.
Saturday, 16th January, 2016
i) Investiture of the Chancellor
ii) Awards of Certificates, Diplomas, Bachelor Degrees, Post-Graduate Diplomas, Masters, Honorary Degree and Award of Prizes.
Venue : University Village,
National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN),
Plot 91, Cadastral Zone,
Nnamdi Azikiwe Expressway,
Jabi, Abuja, FCT.
Time : 10.00 a.m.
Information to Graduands
A) All those who have completed their programmes and have been cleared for convocation are to sign for and receive academic gowns and guest invitation cards from their respective Study Centres with effect from Tuesday, 5th January, 2016. The accompanying hoods are to be collected from the NOUN Study Centre, Dutse-Alhaji Junction Kubwa Expressway, Abuja from 10.00 a.m. on Monday, 11th January, 2016.
They are required to present the following for sighting at the points of collection of the items:
i) the receipt of the payment of a fee of Fifteen Thousand (N15,000.00) for the use of Academic gowns. This is payable at their respective Study Centres.
ii) an evidence of payment of Alumni fees of Five Thousand (N5,000.00) which is payable at any branch of Zenith Bank Plc.; Account No. 1014150406
iii) a duly completed and authenticated clearance form issued at the Study Centre.
The sum of Five Thousand (N5,000.00) Naira will be refunded on the return of the Academic gowns and hoods to the respective points of collection.
Please note that both items must be returned not later than Tuesday, 19th January, 2016 from 9.00 a.m. Failure to return the gowns and hoods by the prescribed date shall attract a fine of N1, 000.00 per day.
B) Graduands are requested to assemble at designated location(s) at the Convocation Arena on Saturday the 16th of January, 2016 between
6.30a.m. and 8.00 a.m. They must be fully robed and on a queue according to their Schools.
NO ONE, INCLUDING GRADUANDS AND THEIR PARENTS/ GUARDIANS, WILL BE ADMITTED INTO THE VENUE, AFTER 9:00A.M.
C) Commercial Photographers/Video Operators are requested to register to obtain clearance for operation. They are to register at the following locations between 9.00a.m. and 3.00p.m. from Monday, 11th January, 2016.
Lagos: NOUN Headquarters
(Bursary Department)
14/16 Ahmadu Bello Way
Victoria Island, Lagos.
Abuja: NOUN Planning Office
No. 5 Dar-E-Salaam,
Off Amino Kano Crescent,
Wuse II, Abuja.
D) I. All Graduating Students must wear the prescribed academic gowns. The Security Officers will strictly enforce the “No gown, No entry” policy
II. No form of luggage or handbags will be allowed at the arena. Graduands are advised, without exception, to comply with this information.
III. To access the Convocation Arena, each graduand is required to present a tally which bears his/her School name and a number. The tally will be distributed at the entrance on a “first-come- first-served” basis
IV. It is a breach of Security to find a graduand seated in the Arena without a tally assigned to him/her.
All guests of the University (properly identified with their Invitation cards) are to be seated not later than 9.30 a.m.
V. Three (3) parking lots have been provided for use at the Convocation Venue. Guests are to park their cars in areas indicated in their Invitation Cards.
GRADUANDS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO LEAVE THE CONVOCATION VENUE BEFORE THE END OF THE CEREMONY. GRADUANDS ARE STRONGLY ADVISED TO COMPLY WITH THESE ARRANGEMENTS.
We congratulate all graduands and wish them journey mercies to and from their destinations.
Signed:
Josephine O. Akinyemi (Mrs.)FAUA
Registrar

2 Likes

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by damiliano(m): 8:19am On Jan 06, 2016
Is the graduating list out yet?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by maekhel(m): 9:18am On Jan 06, 2016
Mrng guys, when I went for my screening last month, I was told that they going to open files for us. My question now is, is the file opening process before or after we have paid the compulsory and done course registration?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by maekhel(m): 11:39am On Jan 06, 2016
Is there any deadline as to when to pay compulsory fee and course registration.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by kcboy34(m): 3:09pm On Jan 06, 2016
ave screened nd ave been given matric number at d schl cafe but all my files re still with me, dey didn't collect any file frm me, dey said i should go nd pay my fees first and d guy at d schl cafe said i shouldn't pay nw till maybe two to three weeks time. my question is re dey nt going to collect d file(photocopies of my documents) nd wen will schl resume if payments has nt started yet? thanks.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Meriekriss: 3:47pm On Jan 06, 2016
Hello house.

Please what is the estimated amount an undergraduate entrant is required to pay including school fees nd course nd exam registration.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jan 06, 2016
kcboy34:
ave screened nd ave been given matric number at d schl cafe but all my files re still with me, dey didn't collect any file frm me, dey said i should go nd pay my fees first and d guy at d schl cafe said i shouldn't pay nw till maybe two to three weeks time. my question is re dey nt going to collect d file(photocopies of my documents) nd wen will schl resume if payments has nt started yet? thanks.

the cyber cafe guy told u that because sometimes NOUN change/update courses but dont bother about d file submission, just make sure u submit before exams
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jan 06, 2016
Meriekriss:
Hello house.

Please what is the estimated amount an undergraduate entrant is required to pay including school fees nd course nd exam registration.

budget 70k
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by hiswords7: 8:13pm On Jan 06, 2016
kcboy34:

I don't agree with the guy's idea,if u have d money right now with you,go ahead and pay. U don't need to wait till d last minute rushing sir. Once u have paid,u can go back to school to obtain other things & by then they will collect your file from you. Do have a nice experience studying in NOUN
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by kcboy34(m): 8:21pm On Jan 06, 2016
SunnyBlaze1:

the cyber cafe guy told u that because sometimes NOUN change/update courses but dont bother about d file submission, just make sure u submit before exams
who am i going to submit my file to nd wen can i pay my compulsory fee + course registration. am seeing 2014/15 session on my portal nd i just started, wat can be done to rectify d issue on my portal plz. thanks.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by kcboy34(m): 8:24pm On Jan 06, 2016
hiswords7:

I don't agree with the guy's idea,if u have d money right now with you,go ahead and pay. U don't need to wait till d last minute rushing sir. Once u have paid,u can go back to school to obtain other things & by then they will collect your file from you. Do have a nice experience studying in NOUN
oh thanks sir. but am seeing 2014/15 session on my portal instead if 2015/16 . i just registered o
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Simcha: 12:01am On Jan 07, 2016
MimiHANS:

YES!
Do NOUN chemistry, biology, etc students do practical? I heared they learn online.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Bodmas15(m): 6:50am On Jan 07, 2016
16 Most Important Question And Answers About National Open University Of Nigeria

Question 1: I need to know the Payment breakdown?

To know the payment breakdown of the institution, we’ll advice you visit the portal at http://www.nou.edu.ng , Click on Fees Schedule.

Question 2: How do I apply for a programme in NOUN?

Read procedure for application by logging on to http://www.noun.edu.ng and click on Procedure for Online Application or Click Here

Question 3: I want to know the admission requirements for me to study a course in NOUN?

Read admission requirements on this link:
Approved Admission Advert for 2014-2015

Question 4: Which Bank do I make payment? And what are the account numbers?

• Bank Name: Zenith Bank;
Account Number: 8080100669

• Bank Name: Oceanic Bank;
Account Number: 0011201014775

• Bank Name: Skye Bank Plc;
Account Number: 1361790017208

• Bank Name: First City Monument Bank;
Account No: 0692050676806001

Continue here : http://nounites.com/forums/topic/16-most-important-questions-and-answers-about-national-open-university-of-nigeri/

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by kcboy34(m): 8:31am On Jan 07, 2016
kcboy34:
who am i going to submit my file to nd wen can i pay my compulsory fee + course registration. am seeing 2014/15 session on my portal nd i just started, wat can be done to rectify d issue on my portal plz. thanks.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Philipsdael(m): 8:33am On Jan 07, 2016
MimiHANS:

Nevertheless, the basic requirement for a DE admission:
-OND (Upper Credit) from a well recognised/sanctioned institution in Nigeria.
Thanks MiniHans
I wasn't the Nairalander that asked that question but pls, in reference to what you said. Will noun accept a University diploma certificate with Distinction from a recognised sch like Unilag.
The reason why I'm skeptical, is because , there is a disparity between Uni-diploma and Poly-diploma.
Thanks in advance.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 10:03am On Jan 07, 2016
kcboy34:

1. u will submit to your study center (probably the directors secretary) ask around
2. u can start paying immediately
3. the date on ur portal is not an issue
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by hiswords7: 11:15am On Jan 07, 2016
kcboy34:
oh thanks sir. but am seeing 2014/15 session on my portal instead if 2015/16 . i just registered o
The date doesn't matter bro,just go ahead with your registration
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by richtubor: 11:19am On Jan 07, 2016
Imagine-

A chatroom where you can meet other NOUNITES, your coursemates, NOUNITES from your center, and other centres, NOUNITES from your department at your centre and other centres.

A Chatroom where you can ask all the questions about anything from other NOUNITES

A chatroom full of NOUNITES and intending NOUNITES

A chatroom without limits in numbers and possibilities

A chatroom that even allows you to form your own clique

A chatroom that is well moderated

And on any device.

Be part of it, it is going to be fun

join @ http://nounites.com/chat/

(1) (2) (3) ... (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) ... (1581) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.