Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,190 members, 7,815,149 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:13 AM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (664) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3482516 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (661) (662) (663) (664) (665) (666) (667) ... (1580) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 9:12pm On Feb 23, 2017
The result is indeed out. The only problem is that there might be a lot of traffic (I'm not very sure), which thus makes it difficult to get through to the page. I checked mine an hour ago, and tried checking again thirty minutes later, but wasn't able to get through. I don't think they added marks like they said, or at least it didn't reflect in mine. Maybe they did for other folks, but it didn't reflect in mine sha. The result page is also very different from the former- Your CGPA and other stuffs are included, so it's much better than the former. Regardless of the improvement, I expected more from the grading at my end; not a very satisfactory result for me.

By the way, there are some inconsistencies in the way the total units and total grade point are presented. If you notice these inconsistencies, please make an effort to second.

Added info
At this point, the result page is blank... Not sure why.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by life4rent: 9:26pm On Feb 23, 2017
I came in through direct entry into communication technology department which is just 6 semester and total required unit as I read is 90units but to my surprise checking the results now it was stated that I need 120units whereas I did 109 units. Please it's that a mistakes or what?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by josh4christ(m): 9:41pm On Feb 23, 2017
Wana register for the semester but there is no ikeja study center on the study center drop down menu.
Only lagos study center,mushin and mcarthy for the ones in lagos. and my student profile says akoka study center but thats not on the list also. what to do pls urgent
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 9:41pm On Feb 23, 2017
life4rent:
I came in through direct entry into communication technology department which is just 6 semester and total required unit as I read is 90units but to my surprise checking the results now it was stated that I need 120units whereas I did 109 units. Please it's that a mistakes or what?

I believe the results are still being worked on. Sure, it is a mistake. There are too many errors to count.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 9:50pm On Feb 23, 2017
Anthonyo15:
If you check your result and it is poor, that means that your exam score is poor

25marks was added

Scoring 15 or 20marks in your exams will not make your result to be good.
But scoring 25 or 30 will definitely make your result to be good

Thanks for your co-operation

25 marks added? It doesn't seem so to me. On the contrary, it looks as though marks were deducted from three courses of mine. I am strongly hoping that something will be done about this. For example, seeing 80% after taking an E-exam and then on checking the result, getting a grade 'C'. Ha!!!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by life4rent: 9:57pm On Feb 23, 2017
Ribasandez:

I believe the results are still being worked on. Sure, it is a mistake. There are too many errors to count.

I hope so because I did all courses required to be done
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by donplus1: 10:25pm On Feb 23, 2017
life4rent:
it's definitely a mistake, u know its been programmed cos of people who started from 100l as d required unit for dem is 120units so d system wasn't coded to differentiate from D. E students and others.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by donplus1: 10:28pm On Feb 23, 2017
Ribasandez:
The result is indeed out. The only problem is that there might be a lot of traffic (I'm not very sure), which thus makes it difficult to get through to the page. I checked mine an hour ago, and tried checking again thirty minutes later, but wasn't able to get through. I don't think they added marks like they said, or at least it didn't reflect in mine. Maybe they did for other folks, but it didn't reflect in mine sha. The result page is also very different from the former- Your CGPA and other stuffs are included, so it's much better than the former. Regardless of the improvement, I expected more from the grading at my end; not a very satisfactory result for me.

By the way, there are some inconsistencies in the way the total units and total grade point are presented. If you notice these inconsistencies, please make an effort to second.

Added info
At this point, the result page is blank... Not sure why.
what inconsistencies did u notice sir?
Avnt been able to access mine Dats y am asking
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by martins022: 11:24pm On Feb 23, 2017
pls oo....my wallet balance HV not change and HV paid since last Friday..
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 11:29pm On Feb 23, 2017
martins022:
pls oo....my wallet balance HV not change and HV paid since last Friday..
You had better go to the bank
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 11:34pm On Feb 23, 2017
Please house, how long it take the fund to reflect on e-wallet
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by optimisttayo(m): 11:51pm On Feb 23, 2017
Will someone using 13/09/1989 as date of birth given admission in 2017 /2018 academic session go for NYSC.
Can i use NCE in computer science /mathematics to study communication technology in noun into 200 level?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by fejeerow(f): 12:50am On Feb 24, 2017
my result has few errors, 2 courses from yeAR 1 were not awarded scores and it reduced my cgpa... also one courses was listed twice with 2 different grade C and F. I know i cant fail that course. hope it gets rectified?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 4:12am On Feb 24, 2017
Thinking of Completing my programme this semi but just saw 33 Outstanding units after showing 42 Registered courses. How possible can I complete my course just this semi? Thou IT,Seminar & Projects have not been recorded.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by drkay(m): 5:19am On Feb 24, 2017
Anthonyo15:
Join Attend Vantage Study Centre (AVSC) Today For The Best Noun Tutorials @ No.45 Akobi Crescent,off Caxton Street, Ojuelegba, Surulere, Lagos or call 08185025045,08119855931 For More Information...
please I need clarification on this: I paid to apply for a post graduate course through remita but the course was removed from the portal and the course code is not available anymore. can I use this to register for another course? can I apply for masters in public administration with my mbbs without any pgd in management? am also interested in Med guidance and counseling, can I make use of my mbbs Cert?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by life4rent: 6:19am On Feb 24, 2017
Please I noticed that my IT result wasn't released can it be due to the fact that I didn't register it as an exam and if yes, please how do I go about it? Thanks.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by djlawex02(m): 6:34am On Feb 24, 2017
life4rent:
Please I noticed that my IT result wasn't released can it be due to the fact that I didn't register it as an exam and if yes, please how do I go about it? Thanks.
please, did you noticed any additional marks on your result?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by dungas30(m): 6:47am On Feb 24, 2017
PLS IS THERE ANY LAW STUDENT THAT HAS PAID AN HIS MONEY REFLECTED? OR HE HAS SEEN HIS RESULT OR STARTED HIS TMA PLS UGENT RESPOND
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 6:53am On Feb 24, 2017
Students who have submitted their IT/SIWES letters back to school (but have not done their oral presentations) and those who are yet to submit are to send their names, matric no, phone no, program to this e-mail address nounapapaitsiwes@yahoo.com

Deadline: Feb 28, 2017.

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 6:57am On Feb 24, 2017
Students of the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN), have raised eyebrows, registering their disappointments over a cream of suspended courses and poor results recently released.

The result released on Thursday is believed to be poor and a representation of the programming error of computers, and not a true representation of students' performance.

On the other hand, for undisclosed reasons, courses such as Mass-communication, Public Administration, Accounting, Banking and Finance, Law, Marketing, Business Administration, Community Health and a host of others have been suspended.

Returning students are said to be still eligible to continue studying the courses while prospective students and newly admitted ones who are aspiring to choose or have chosen any of the Suspended courses are advised to switch to other courses or request for a refund of their Five Thousand naira application fees.

Recall that last semester, the school website, www.noun.edu.ng was shut down as a result of some fracas between the website host, Cyberspace, and NOUN management.

This led to students not being able to submit their continuous assessment tests, Tutor Marked Assignment (TMA) which comprises 30% of their exam grades.

Sequel to that, students were required to register their exams manually and equally write them via the improvised e-platform which resulted to massive poor E-exam results reportedly caused by erroneous programming of answers in the computers.

According to Prof. Abdalla Adamu, the Vice-Chancellor of the institution, about 70% of the income accruing into the institution is channeled to Cyberspace for the maintenance of the site.

This, Abdalla said, was exorbitant and therefore harnessed the services of in-house Industrial Training (IT) personnel to create a new website, www.nouonline.com recently launched for the institution.

To compensate the students for suffering as a result of the wrong programming, our whistle blower garnered that the institution had purportedly promised to add 25 marks to each students score, but on releasing the results, the promise seems to have been eroded. Students say the promised marks are not reflecting.

Decrying the poor grading system, a 200L student, John Umar (not real name) told us: '' I am highly disappointed in this school. We studied hard to pass our exams but their computers erroneously programmed, graded us poorly. In courses I was supposed to get A's, I had C's, in the ones I was supposed to have C's, I had D's or E's. It's so wicked of them ''.

Commenting on the issue, Joel, another student said that although some students' scores were upgraded, his was not.

'' NOUN should not play with our future. How can they just suspend those all those courses? Also, they promised to add 25 marks to our grades and now, the promise is not reflecting. Although some students were graded quite higher than what they scored during the e-examinations, but the 25 marks were not added to my scores. They should please do something about this '', he said.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 7:02am On Feb 24, 2017
Last semester results are been release in batch by batch .

Here are the steps for checking ur result.

Login to ur portal.. ...
Navigate through the menu button.

1. Go to *Menu*
2.Click on *course*
3.Then click on *My result*

And u will see your result if it has been release......
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by life4rent: 7:23am On Feb 24, 2017
djlawex02:

please, did you noticed any additional marks on your result?

No I don't really know
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by josh4christ(m): 7:35am On Feb 24, 2017
Wana register for the semester but there is no ikeja study center on the study center drop down menu. Only lagos study center,mushin and mcarthy for the ones in lagos. and my student profile says akoka study center but thats not on the list also. what to do pls urgent
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by bashdecash(m): 10:36am On Feb 24, 2017
oyegbe:
please i will like to know if TMAs were added in our result

I don't think so...a guy got 30/30 in TMA but got F in the course.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 12:40pm On Feb 24, 2017
donplus1:
what inconsistencies did u notice sir?
Avnt been able to access mine Dats y am asking

The cumulation of the CGPA is not done properly. Some three-unit courses carry zero-unit instead. And I am not just talking about one or two courses. It could be as many as twenty courses, depending on what level you are at the institution. So, the CGPA posted may not actually be your real CGPA.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by josh4christ(m): 12:45pm On Feb 24, 2017
TRUEPATRIOTLOVE:
Please house, how long it take the fund to reflect on e-wallet
. mine took a day or so.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by martins022: 1:36pm On Feb 24, 2017
Kazrem:

You had better go to the bank
the transaction was confirmed and successful...the portal stated. but my wallet balance didn't change.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by martins022: 2:31pm On Feb 24, 2017
josh4christ:
. mine took a day or so.
mine has bin a week now yet not reflecting....
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Oluwasolayimika(f): 3:02pm On Feb 24, 2017
Has any Second semester 200l Accounting student checked his/her result? cause my younger sis can only see 2 of her First semester result and all of her 100l result in her portal. I don't know if the result is being released in batches
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by donplus1: 3:46pm On Feb 24, 2017
Ribasandez:

The cumulation of the CGPA is not done properly. Some three-unit courses carry zero-unit instead. And I am not just talking about one or two courses. It could be as many as twenty courses, depending on what level you are at the institution. So, the CGPA posted may not actually be your real CGPA.
I noticed it also, some courses I wrote in 300l dat happens to be 2unit nw read 0unit in d released results, whereas I already had d print out b4 and it reads 2unit dia, ...All together I had 5 courses that were 2unit b4 nw 0 unit
This has shattered my CGPA, why would they change courses unit for no reason, they must rectify it. This is too much, noun is confused
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 4:23pm On Feb 24, 2017
martins022:
the transaction was confirmed and successful...the portal stated. but my wallet balance didn't change.
Have you tried to do RRR check on your portal?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by lexrichy(m): 4:32pm On Feb 24, 2017
Someone pls help when I try to log in it says username or password incorrect.

(1) (2) (3) ... (661) (662) (663) (664) (665) (666) (667) ... (1580) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.