Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,248 members, 7,815,366 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:20 AM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (762) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3482679 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (759) (760) (761) (762) (763) (764) (765) ... (1580) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by bashdecash(m): 5:09pm On Oct 04, 2017
Project fee: 15k for undergraduate and 40k MSc...for what?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by lexrichy(m): 6:28pm On Oct 04, 2017
I heard IT results are out but mine isn't showing anyone else experiencing this.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by jacko007(m): 7:50pm On Oct 04, 2017
lexrichy:
I heard IT results are out but mine isn't showing anyone else experiencing this.

I am...
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by adespecial: 8:35pm On Oct 04, 2017
Kazrem:

Tma is not ready yet, when it does you will know

pls what is the total fees a pgde student will pay
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by gpercuxionz(m): 8:48pm On Oct 04, 2017
Please have they start verification exercise for pgde at lagos study centre
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 9:20pm On Oct 04, 2017
adespecial:

pls what is the total fees a pgde student will pay
What semester?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 9:24pm On Oct 04, 2017
Thebrightest:
Please i need help
I want to apply for computer science undergraduate program and start From 100 Level...
1. Can i still do that this month?

2. What are the requirements?

3. How can i apply and how will i get admission letter?
1. Yes you can.
2. Visit nounedu.net for requirements
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by adespecial: 5:45am On Oct 05, 2017
Kazrem:
What semester?
a new student....1st semester
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 7:25am On Oct 05, 2017
adespecial:

a new student....1st semester
Prepare 75k. You may spend less though
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Thebrightest(m): 8:12am On Oct 05, 2017
Kazrem:

1. Yes you can.
2. Visit nounedu.net for requirements
Thanks for replying i really appreciate.
1. When will application end for 100level new students?
2. How will i get admission letter?
3. How will i take lectures? How will i write exams?
4. Will i need to go to their headquarter in Abuja for anything?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by shezy(f): 10:01am On Oct 05, 2017
fabour8312:

Thank u but d remaining course for my level I.e 300 (2) is elective and I v registered one elective already.
choose another elective that has materials.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by shezy(f): 10:02am On Oct 05, 2017
fabour8312:

Pls how many months is the siwes supposed to last?

Thank u.
6months.with report to present at the end
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nounitesportal(m): 11:34am On Oct 05, 2017
Court stops move by NOUN graduates to be admitted into law school

By Davies Iheamnachor, Amarachi Uzoma and Isioma Ananaba

PORT HARCOURT – A Federal High Court sitting in Port Harcourt Wednesday squashed a suit by law graduates of the National Open University of Nigeria, NOUN, seeking to be admitted into the Nigerian Law School, NLS.

Cross section of graduating students at the National Open University of Nigeria. Inset: former President of Nigeria, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo during his graduation.
Some graduates of the Law Department of NOUN had on the 12 May, 2015, instituted a legal action against the Council of Legal Education, CLE, National University Commission, NUC, Attorney General of the Federation, AGF, and National Open University of Nigeria, NOUN, over their refusal to allow them admission into the law school.

The graduates in their suit wanted the court to compel the relevant authorities to make provisions to include graduates of the NOUN in the Nigerian Law School as benefiting by law graduates from other institutions.

The legal counsel to the graduates, Prof Abiodun Amuda-Kannika, SAN, had in court prayed the court to deliver judgement in favour of his plaintiffs based on the relief sort by the affected graduates.

Meanwhile, counsel for CLE and the others, Mark Agwu, told the court to strike out the matter, noting that part-time and correspondent graduates are not qualified for admission into the NLS.

However, Justice Hilary Oshomah, in his judgement held: “The power to admit students into law school is intrinsic and since the first defendant (CLE) does not share its power with any other person, that on issue of who to admit students and criteria of admitting that student is a matter of the domestic confines of council of Legal Education.”

Oshomah while explaining that academic matters should be left in the hands of the academicians ruled: “This court cannot decide to order University Commission or Council of Legal Education to admit students from National Open University of Nigeria into law school for reasons being that they obtained their law degree by part-time or distance education.”

“This is the decision of the Court, that the reliefs sort by the plaintiff are totally misconceived, unmeriterous and not granted. On this decision, this honourable court dismiss this suit.”

Meantime, counsel to the plaintiffs, Amuda-Kannika, expressed hope that the judgement of the court would be annulled on appeal, saying: “The decision has been given by the court, we believe in God and I believe that administratively it can be strengthened out. But it all depends on my client they might have a second thought at to the next line of action.

“We believe that we ought to have won, but haven lost, we believe in God that their LLB certificate cannot just be LLB alone, we will have BL at the end of the day because I believe that the Attorney General still have power to override the decision of the council of legal education under Section 4 of the Council of Legal Education Act, to allow the decision of the council to be set aside and allow them to go to law school.”

SOURCE
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Globaby01: 11:54am On Oct 05, 2017
In my 100 level second semester as an entrepreneurial student, what will be my courses. Or how do I know the courses I will be doing in this semester as a 100 level student?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by fabour8312: 1:48pm On Oct 05, 2017
shezy:
6months.with report to present at the end

Thank you
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by starz100: 7:49pm On Oct 05, 2017
Someone should please help. I cannot log in to my portal, the noun Websites cannot recognise my password. This is the same password I have been using since last semester. I want to know what the problem is.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ayungmony15(m): 8:07pm On Oct 05, 2017
starz100:
Someone should please help. I cannot log in to my portal, the noun Websites cannot recognise my password. This is the same password I have been using since last semester. I want to know what the problem is.
RE-REGISTER ON THE PORTAL
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ayungmony15(m): 8:07pm On Oct 05, 2017
FORM FOR CHANGE OF PROGRAM 

Kindly follow the steps below if you need to change your programme.

Download pdf form for change of programGenerate 5000 naira remita from remita.netPay in the nearest bankSubmit the form printed out with the remita print out from bank, and necessary credential to the study center.

Thanks

Relevant File

Form for Change of Program
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ayungmony15(m): 8:09pm On Oct 05, 2017
Kindly take note of the following information;

Applicants from last semester should refill the application form provided the form is still open.Applicants who wish to change programme should return to the form and refill application form. They should select the new programme. Applicants can have access to their application form provided matric number have not being issued. Applicants/Students who have matric number and wish to change programme should apply for the change of programme. There is a change of programme fee of 5000 Naira. The procedure for programme change can be assessed at http://nouedu.net/announcements/procedure-change-programStudents who have registered for 2017_2 but are unable to login should have their student login reset at the study centre
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by starz100: 10:58pm On Oct 05, 2017
ayungmony15:
RE-REGISTER ON THE PORTAL
Okay, thanks.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by starz100: 12:57am On Oct 06, 2017
Helo Nairalanders, I am finding it still difficult to access my portal. When I try to re-register it shows the message "this matric number has been registered earlier" and then on trying to log in it says "you have not registered for second semester 2017" taking me back and forth. Please house what should I do cause I am just tired.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by NokiaN8(m): 8:07am On Oct 06, 2017
Can a M.sc graduate from national open university be employed as a lecturer in any university in nigeria...
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by onulakak(m): 8:49am On Oct 06, 2017
NokiaN8:
Can a M.sc graduate from national open university be employed as a lecturer in any university in nigeria...

JAMB question...

undecided embarassed sad

NOUN is certified by NUC

my friend i a banker today with NOUN undergraduate certiifcate

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ayungmony15(m): 11:04am On Oct 06, 2017
Pls note that the school has withdrawn the result window from the portal.
We believe that the school is working on uploading the last semester result.

We shall notify you at any development.

Thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ayungmony15(m): 11:04am On Oct 06, 2017
starz100:
Helo Nairalanders, I am finding it still difficult to access my portal. When I try to re-register it shows the message "this matric number has been registered earlier" and then on trying to log in it says "you have not registered for second semester 2017" taking me back and forth. Please house what should I do cause I am just tired.
TRY AND GO TO UR STUDY CENTRE MEET THE ICT OFFICER FOR ASSISTANCE
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ananne: 2:57pm On Oct 06, 2017
ananne:

I have a problem. I have registered and gotten my admission letter. When I went for my clearance, they couldn't generate my matric number because the system was saying I haven't been offered admission. I have my admission letter as proof and I met all the requirements for the course.

Pls someone should answer
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by starz100: 3:06pm On Oct 06, 2017
ayungmony15:
TRY AND GO TO UR STUDY CENTRE MEET THE ICT OFFICER FOR ASSISTANCE
Thanks once again
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by SaintUlot: 3:07pm On Oct 06, 2017
I paid 15k for project in the old portal, how do i rectify this in the new portal
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by shezy(f): 5:06pm On Oct 06, 2017
Pls when is pop exam for Dis semester starting

(1) (2) (3) ... (759) (760) (761) (762) (763) (764) (765) ... (1580) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.