Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,548 members, 7,819,947 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:16 AM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (777) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3488907 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (774) (775) (776) (777) (778) (779) (780) ... (1581) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by thaddeus12(m): 11:58pm On Nov 05, 2017
Mikeshine:

Well, my own IT result wasn't released until I registered it as an exam.

No you don't need to register it as exam . course registration is enough. Myself both project and IT I did not add it in my exam .but results they came out. That y their price is different. But to have rest of mind u can add it in ur exam if u have little money left in ur account
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by dapotemi: 12:11am On Nov 06, 2017
Kazrem:
Last semester result is out.

3 Steps to check your result.

1. Visit nouonline.net
2. Log in with your matric and password
3. Click on Your Courses, then on View Your Result.

The result will be automatically downloaded in PDF format. Open it and see your result.

Note: If you had not done portal registration this semester, you cannot log in let alone check your result.

Boss i did portal reg just now, but i can find the just released result. All am seeing is my previous result. Please what could be wrong?

Best of luck.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by dapotemi: 12:17am On Nov 06, 2017
NokiaN8:
But last semester results didnt reflect, any1 who has the same issue of PAD813

me sef i never see any of my last semester result o, na the previous result still dey there. All PAD courses

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ayungmony15(m): 5:26am On Nov 06, 2017
First Class (70-100) CGPA (4.5-5)

Second Class Upper (60-69) CGPA(3.5-4.49)

Second Class Lower (50-59) CGPA (2.4-3.49)

Third Class (45-49) CGPA(1.5-2.39)
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by NokiaN8(m): 5:53am On Nov 06, 2017
dapotemi:

me sef i never see any of my last semester result o, na the previous result still dey there. All PAD courses
Please which study center, let me know ur outcome, i also going to my study centrr ilorin to complain today
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by dapotemi: 6:47am On Nov 06, 2017
NokiaN8:

Please which study center, let me know ur outcome, i also going to my study centrr ilorin to complain today

Am in obalende, Lagos. pls brief me on your outcome, i cant go today.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by xmileeasy: 9:25am On Nov 06, 2017
dapotemi:

All of my courses are reflecting.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Mikeshine(m): 10:56am On Nov 06, 2017
thaddeus12:

No you don't need to register it as exam . course registration is enough. Myself both project and IT I did not add it in my exam .but results they came out. That y their price is different. But to have rest of mind u can add it in ur exam if u have little money left in ur account

Well, that you didn't register for yours means you are few of the lucky ones. I was told at my SC that it has to be registered before result can come. Though, I've graduated now but that's what happened during my time at NOUN.. Thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 5:58pm On Nov 06, 2017
*ATTENTION*

This is to inform all IT/SIWES students, who have completed and submitted their Training Logbook, that the ORAL PRESENTATION is slated to hold as follows :10am DATE:7th - 10th November, 2017.
Thanks
NOUN ILORIN
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by 4reigningqueen: 7:27pm On Nov 06, 2017
Anthonyo15:
*ATTENTION*

This is to inform all IT/SIWES students, who have completed and submitted their Training Logbook, that the ORAL PRESENTATION is slated to hold as follows :10am DATE:7th - 10th November, 2017.
Thanks
NOUN ILORIN

please, I am yet to submit my IT letter at school cos the company i intend to work with said i should start the IT by january and will do it for just 3months instead of 6 but will help me fill the necessary things for the 6 months period. is there a deadline for the submission of letter back at school?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Henrydboss: 10:48pm On Nov 06, 2017
Hello peeps
Pls can one be admitted to study criminology and security studies with this waec result?
Maths B2
English C4
Biology B2
Physics C4
Chemistry B3
Geography A1
Civic education A1
Agric B3
Fisheries C5
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by jonnm: 1:47am On Nov 07, 2017
See here for all programmes offered in noun
hermondew:
Please can anyone post me the details of the followings about NOUN:
1.what NOUN programmes actually looks like.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by jonnm: 1:52am On Nov 07, 2017
Thank you kazrem for your Tip. Though i used these Noun guidelines to check my result. I feel its more explanatory - https://nationalopenuniversity.com.ng/check-noun-result/ [quote author=dapotemi post=62110912][/quote]
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by jonnm: 2:03am On Nov 07, 2017
Follow this instruction here I used it a few months ago and it worked. Try it
Ribasandez:
Hi, house. I paid into my E-wallet yesterday (22nd September, 2017), but I can't see my payment reflect on my NOUN portal. Should I be worried? How does it work?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by jonnm: 2:12am On Nov 07, 2017
About National Open University of Nigeria

The National Open University of Nigeria is an ODL institution renowned for providing functional, flexible, accessible, cost-effective education adequate for flourishing in the 21st century and beyond. Right from our first inception in July 1983, our mandate has remained to deliver university education at the doorstep of every interested Nigerian.

The founding president, Alhaji Shehu Shagari, the first executive president of Nigeria, envisioned a university with the capacity to admit and meet the education and skill needs of citizens no matter their status and circumstances. This vision was predicated on the realization that a sustainable democracy, functional economy, happy and prosperous people, all depend on knowledgeable citizens. Meeting the educational needs of such citizens in a highly populous country like' Nigeria was beyond the capacity of Nigeria's conventional higher institutions.

Despite its suspension in 1984 by the Federal Military Government that succeded Alhaji Shehu Shagari, the resuscitation of NOUN in 2002 by the civilian regime of Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, went side by side with the awakening of the vision that informed the initial establishment of the university. As a faithful trustee of the Nigerian people, NOUN leverages on Information and Computer Technologies to deliver an education tailored towards the globalised economy. The University offers exceptional academic programmes that meet the specific needs of all sectors of the global economy, in the Arts; Health; Law; Physical, Social, Agricultural and Management Sciences.

As an ODL institution, we are an equal opportunity university determined to meet the following objectives that necessitated the establishment of open and distance education in Nigeria:
Provision of Education for All and promotion of lifelong learning
Filling the gap created by the closure of outreaches/satellite campuses
Cost effectiveness
Improved economies of scale
Flexibility of delivery system
Maximum utilisation of academic personnel
On the job teacher training
Poverty eradication, vocational and lifelong education
Provision of non-formal education
Reaching the unreached
Propagation of national orientation

Source: NOUN Portal site
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Namesake2409: 3:17am On Nov 07, 2017
Are you an undergraduate student (full-time or part-time)? Having little or major difficulties with your projects, questionnaire design and distribution, assignments and SPSS analysis.

Are you within Lagos, Ibadan and Ogun state and you are interested in learning SPSS analysis.

Kindly send a PM or send me a mail at:- consultalex2000@gmail.com.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ayungmony15(m): 9:52am On Nov 07, 2017
Henrydboss:
Hello peeps
Pls can one be admitted to study criminology and security studies with this waec result?
Maths B2
English C4
Biology B2
Physics C4
Chemistry B3
Geography A1
Civic education A1
Agric B3
Fisheries C5

http://nouedu.net/programmes/bsc-criminology-and-security-studies
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Henrydboss: 10:11am On Nov 07, 2017
ayungmony15:

http://nouedu.net/programmes/bsc-criminology-and-security-studies
Compulsory subjects needed are maths and English only does that mean that anyone can study criminology irrespective of whether you are a science, art or social science student?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by schicbanj: 10:42am On Nov 07, 2017
dont ask me pls. just go sort ur life. Graduation list is out

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Lekz: 11:50am On Nov 07, 2017
schicbanj:
dont ask me pls. just go sort ur life

Please what list is this?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nounitesportal(m): 12:25pm On Nov 07, 2017
If you have been asking why your CGPA Dropped, Click the below link to see the reasons

Why Some NOUN Students CGPA Dropped
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by fashionlily9ja(f): 1:27pm On Nov 07, 2017
I sent you a mail. Please reply
apeelewuetu:
Now, let me give u a practical example, so that u can understand better. I did M.Ed. Admin & Planning in which NOUN stipulated that 30 credits units is require to graduate and i did 49 credits unit and pass all and asked them what remain. U can see that nobody can challenge me whether i have finished or not. Another example Diploma programme will take 4 semester according to NOUN but a serious minded person like one of my student break the courses to 2 which means he will spend 2 semester provided he can read and pass all compulsory course.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by fashionlily9ja(f): 1:50pm On Nov 07, 2017
Guess you have graduated. I just registered and I need past questions plss
Thanks
jezsie:
Yes I did n it's 10k not 2,500 like others.

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 1:59pm On Nov 07, 2017
Guys can one use Neco gce to Study Law in noun.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobleden: 2:10pm On Nov 07, 2017
Hello, Please what is the total Unit needed to graduate from Msc. Infotech. i need to know pls...
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by mustashfa(m): 2:11pm On Nov 07, 2017
Pls can anyone help me on how long it takes for money paid through bank to be acknowledged by NOUN because I've paid since 3rd of oct but each tym I try to cont with registration, i keep getting d message

NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA

University Village, Plot 91, Cadastral Zone, Nnamdi Azikwe Express Way Jabi-Abuja.

Tuesday, 07 November 2017
Payment not yet effected. Please run Check RRR first and try again!
Back...
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by timmyoj(m): 3:11pm On Nov 07, 2017
I just returned now from the former NOUN head office, the SC in V.I, Lagos, and there was no graduation list pasted anywhere. I also asked from some of the staff there and they all said there is no graduation list out yet and if its out, its usually pasted for all to see.

Please could you clarify the source of this list? and can anyone here reliably proof that there is a graduation list out?

Thanks in advance!

schicbanj:
dont ask me pls. just go sort ur life. Graduation list is out
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Okitam: 3:47pm On Nov 07, 2017
32units
cc Nobleden
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nounitesportal(m): 3:52pm On Nov 07, 2017
mustashfa:
Pls can anyone help me on how long it takes for money paid through bank to be acknowledged by NOUN because I've paid since 3rd of oct but each tym I try to cont with registration, i keep getting d message

NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA

University Village, Plot 91, Cadastral Zone, Nnamdi Azikwe Express Way Jabi-Abuja.

Tuesday, 07 November 2017
Payment not yet effected. Please run Check RRR first and try again!
Back...

Follow this Step by Step Guide What You Should Do If You Make Payment And Is Not Reflecting On Your Portal
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nounitesportal(m): 3:56pm On Nov 07, 2017
National Open University Nigeria NOUN School Fees For New And Returning Students 2017/2018 Session

Click Here
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by shezy(f): 4:20pm On Nov 07, 2017
Mikeshine:

Yes you have to.
i have confirmed, they say I don't have to.that it was because I finished it last semester so d result will come out with dis semester result. My course mate that finished last semester didn't register both siwes and project for exam and they released both for her and she did her siwes two semesters ago.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by OKANGPRECIOUS(m): 5:32pm On Nov 07, 2017
Please with the upgrading of courses the levels I have passed and courses are upgraded do I need to write those courses since u have passed the level?

(1) (2) (3) ... (774) (775) (776) (777) (778) (779) (780) ... (1581) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.