Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,637 members, 7,809,392 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:44 AM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (824) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3474979 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (821) (822) (823) (824) (825) (826) (827) ... (1579) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by code101: 10:58am On Mar 04, 2018
Please is there any body from ILORIN study center, please I need the address and direction of the center when coming through Ogbomoso. If possible help me with your Phone number. Thank you
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by kokoboy(m): 12:03pm On Mar 04, 2018
Hello guys. I have completed and printed my admission letter online. When is the registration going to start?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Abiolabalogun(m): 12:34pm On Mar 04, 2018
kokoboy:
Hello guys. I have completed and printed my admission letter online. When is the registration going to start?
Pls is it 2017 first semester u choose or 2018 first semester in printing ur admission letter?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by faisalcan(m): 5:52pm On Mar 04, 2018
First week of April
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 9:56pm On Mar 04, 2018
Evening news

This is to inform you that more TMA are loaded

Am so sure of ECE121

You can check for others

Thanks

Macharthony

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by walexzee11(m): 1:20am On Mar 05, 2018
code101:
Please is there any body from ILORIN study center, please I need the address and direction of the center when coming through Ogbomoso. If possible help me with your Phone number. Thank you
From Queen's School At General Roundabout which is where you should alight.Take cab #50 to post office, from post office take a bike at most #100 to Open University.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by gozie112(m): 12:36pm On Mar 05, 2018
Kazrem:

Send me a pm
good morning bro,,I want to chart with u on WhatsApp,plz kindly gv me ur contact
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by emmaclue: 4:11pm On Mar 05, 2018
dave121:

There can't be a carry over if one does not have an "F" grade in a particular course, grade "F" has an "0" contribution to the weighing score of a student. In other words, grade "F" is 0 point multiply by the number of units assigned to the course. This would have affected the student's CGPA or GPA (for a new entrant) at that first attempt. The second attempt will be independent on the outcome of the previous result and therefore be treated as a different entity. For illustration purpose, if Mr. Adam (personified) had a carry over in a 3-unit course among other courses namely: ABC112-A, ABC113-C and ABC114-F each of 3 units, Graded Point Average will be calculated as:
ABC112 - A....... 5 x 3 = 15 (Grade A is assigned 5 points, multiplied by the number of units (3))
ABC113 - C .......3 x 3 = 9 (Grade C is assigned 3 points, multiplied by the number of units (3))
ABC114 - F .......0 x 3 = 0 (Grade F is assigned 0 point, multiplied by the number of units (3))
GPA for semester1 will be : Total points acquired (15 + 9 + 0 )/total units available (9) = 2.67 out of 5 possible points.
Assuming Mr. Adam wrote his carry over course (ABC114) the following semester and had grade B among other new courses (of 3 units each) namely: BCD121- A, BCD123-C and his carry over course ABC114-B. His Cumulative Graded Point Average (CGPA) will be calculated as:
(i) GPA for semester2: (5 x 3) + (3 x 3 ) + (4 x 3)/9 = 4 (just as it was calculated above)
(ii) Mr. Adam's CGPA will therefore be: Total point acquired for the 2 semesters/ total number of units for the 2 semesters
= (24 + 36)/(9 +9) = 60/18 = 3.33
As you have seen in the illustration above, the different grades obtained in both semesters were used independently to obtain the GPA for each semester.

Thanks.. God bless .
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 7:04pm On Mar 05, 2018
gozie112:
good morning bro,,I want to chart with u on WhatsApp,plz kindly gv me ur contact
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by kokoboy(m): 6:03am On Mar 06, 2018
Abiolabalogun:
Pls is it 2017 first semester u choose or 2018 first semester in printing ur admission letter?

It is 2018
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by osic(m): 4:29pm On Mar 06, 2018
Can anyone confirm if this is the grading system used by the school, I saw this few minutes ago and was wondering if it is real

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 6:43pm On Mar 06, 2018
No it's not the grading system
This is the grading system
4.5 - 5.0 First class 3.5 - 4.49 Second class upper 2.4 - 3.49 Second class lower 1.5 - 2.39 Third class Lower than 1.5 - Pass
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 6:43pm On Mar 06, 2018
4.5 - 5.0 First class 3.5 - 4.49 Second class upper 2.4 - 3.49 Second class lower 1.5 - 2.39 Third class Lower than 1.5 - Pass
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 6:46pm On Mar 06, 2018
Hi guys. I want to start my final year project but don't know how to go about it. I have four unique project topics and enough money on my e-wallet. How should I go about it?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Validcode: 7:47pm On Mar 06, 2018
Abiolabalogun:
Pls can I choose 2017/2018 first semester to print my admission letter because d website is keeping on displaying my unique id is meant for 2017/2018

Yes, that is the current one.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Meek3445(f): 9:58pm On Mar 06, 2018
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by stanvesco(m): 1:37am On Mar 07, 2018
Anthonyo15:
Evening news

This is to inform you that more TMA are loaded

Am so sure of ECE121

You can check for others

Thanks

Macharthony

Hello dear,
Kudos on your good work so far.
Please can I still apply for masters programme in 2018.
Thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by pinkgems(f): 10:10am On Mar 07, 2018
If you’re preparing to write or rewrite an exam and you need that extra boost/ideas to ACE♠ it grin or you just want to hear me rant about my struggles then please head over to my youtube channel....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCjzkCbA_eA

Please Watch, Like and don’t forget to Subscribe.

��New videos every Tuesday��

Besos!�
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by missyojo(f): 11:00am On Mar 07, 2018
code101:
Hello! I'm an Ex student from Ilorin study centre but I can help you with direction. From ogbomoso the bus will drop al the passengers at queens school. From queens school take a taxi to post office , it's 50# From post office take another taxi to San go and tell the taxi man you will highlight at kulende junction or estate junction which is 50# too. When you highlight at the junction ask anyone around that you are going to NOUN study centre you will be directed there. You can send me a p.m in other to seek for more clarifications. I hope this helps.
Cheers
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by yesorno: 8:20pm On Mar 07, 2018
For Recently Graduated students, who else received this text Message?

Pls b informed that d scheduled date 4 collectn of certificate 4 2018 NOUN graduands hs bn postponed. New date will b sent later. Apologies 4 inconvenience.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Galaxyroyp(m): 8:28pm On Mar 07, 2018
Is there anyone here who knows the number of students that bagged 1st class in NOUN— at the last convocation precisely?

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by missyojo(f): 10:42am On Mar 08, 2018
yesorno:
For Recently Graduated students, who else received this text Message?

Pls b informed that d scheduled date 4 collectn of certificate 4 2018 NOUN graduands hs bn postponed. New date will b sent later. Apologies 4 inconvenience.
Ohhhh! Really? ?? I didn't receive any text message from them.Please kindly let us know the new date for collection when next you receive their message. Thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by osic(m): 8:51pm On Mar 08, 2018
Can anyone who has graduated tell us the CORRECT grading system used by NOUN PLEASE, just for clarification purpose. Thanks.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by osic(m): 8:52pm On Mar 08, 2018
Ribasandez:

4.5 - 5.0 First class
3.5 - 4.49 Second class upper
2.4 - 3.49 Second class lower
1.5 - 2.39 Third class
Lower than 1.5 - Pass

Can you please PROVIDE EVIDENCE about the above-mentioned grading system. Just for Clarification purpose. Thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 7:17am On Mar 09, 2018
Good morning all

I hope the exam is going on fine, believe in God and yourself all will be well

On TMA please make sure you finish your TMA if you have not, also try to check the condition of your TMA

On calculating the final score I will urge you all to just take it easy, until you see your result before you know what your grade is a lot of misunderstanding has been flying around

You can chat me up if you need any information or having difficulties.

Note: If you don't do the TMA of a course you will fail the course not minding what you score in exam

Macharthony
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nounitesportal(m): 10:45am On Mar 09, 2018
osic:
Can anyone who has graduated tell us the CORRECT grading system used by NOUN PLEASE, just for clarification purpose. Thanks.

NOUN GRADING SYSTEM

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by oNj(m): 1:53pm On Mar 09, 2018

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 9:41pm On Mar 09, 2018
NOUN CERTIFICATES READY FOR DISTRIBUTION

In keeping with the promise of making available certificates to NOUN graduants, Vice-chancellor NOUN, Prof Abdalla Uba Adamu has approved the distribution of certificates to graduates of the 7th convocation ceremony of the institute.

The distribution NOUNnews gathered will commence Monday 12th March 2018 according to Director Academic Registry NOUN Tayo Olowola.

To meet with the Vice-chancellor's target of distributing certificates to the over 14,771 graduates, Olowola said staff of Academic Registry are working without weekends to actualize the directive.

The exercise, the Director said will be on faculty by faculty bases and will start with the faculty of management sciences monday.

It will be recall, for some logistics reasons students were unable to receive their certificates at the last convocation ceremony which took place January.

This the Vice-chancellor directed all efforts must be on deck for graduants to receive their certificates latest March this year.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 9:48pm On Mar 09, 2018
COURSE AND EXAM REGISTRATION FOR BOTH OLD AND INTENDING STUDENTS

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by drealsheggs: 11:46am On Mar 10, 2018
Good day House,

Please how can i enroll back as a returning student after about three years break from studies at NOUN. Would i need to start afresh as a new student again? thanks in anticipation of your response.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Dface2: 12:40pm On Mar 10, 2018
Work As A Campus/Sales Rep And Earn Massive Income Daily!

See full details here: https://www.nairaland.com/4390565/work-campus-sales-rep-earn
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Yem0350: 6:42pm On Mar 10, 2018
drealsheggs:
Good day House,

Please how can i enroll back as a returning student after about three years break from studies at NOUN. Would i need to start afresh as a new student again? thanks in anticipation of your response.
Continue from where you stopped

(1) (2) (3) ... (821) (822) (823) (824) (825) (826) (827) ... (1579) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.