Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:28 PM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (950) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3475709 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (947) (948) (949) (950) (951) (952) (953) ... (1580) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nounitesportal(m): 9:32am On Dec 10, 2018
Important Notice To All IT/SIWES Students

THIS IS TO NOTIFY ALL STUDENTS WHO COMMENCED IT/SIWES IN JUNE 2018 TILL DATE THAT AN ORAL PRESENTATION WILL HOLD ON

READ MORE. . .
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Francejaik(m): 10:06am On Dec 10, 2018
NOUNPortal:

Check Here

@Nounitesportal, please when will the Faculty of Arts list be uploaded?

Thanks.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by gloriaunobi(f): 10:16am On Dec 10, 2018
Nounitesportal:
Important Notice To All IT/SIWES Students

THIS IS TO NOTIFY ALL STUDENTS WHO COMMENCED IT/SIWES IN JUNE 2018 TILL DATE THAT AN ORAL PRESENTATION WILL HOLD ON

READ MORE. . .

Please how much for MBA exam registration fee per course?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 1:06pm On Dec 10, 2018
ASESI LAUDS BUHARI OVER APPROVAL OF NYSC, LAW SCHOOL FOR NOUN

The African Students Education Support Initiative (ASESI) has applauded President Muhammadu Buhari over the approval granted the graduates of National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) to enrol for the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) and the Nigerian Law School.

Presidential Assistant on National Assembly (Senate), Sen. Ita Enang, had announced the assent of the President while addressing State House correspondents on Friday.

ASESI’s Executive Director, Mr Chinonso Obasi, in a statement on Saturday, in Abuja, said that the journey to the amendment of the NOUN Act commenced on May 3, 2017.

He said that the House of Representatives Committee on Tertiary Education and Service under the leadership of Aminu Suleiman invited him for the presentation of Memoranda on a call for the council of legal Education and body of benchers to allow law graduates of the National Open University of Nigeria Enrollment into Nigerian Law school (HR. 165/2016) “We thank President Buhari for harkening to our prayers as contained in our memoranda especially at the moment that hopes were almost lost. “Undoubtedly, NOUN graduates are refined and NOUN has given great opportunity for Nigerians to gain tertiary education as it stands as the most populated tertiary institution in Nigeria today with a population size of over half a million. “Consequently it is imperative for the Federal Government to also expedite plans/actions to establish more law schools and NYSC camps across the geopolitical zones in the country to accommodate the high influx of NOUN graduates. “We are grateful to Buhari as this will go a long way to clear the dichotomy and misconceptions faced by the NOUN graduates as majority of her students study with fears of acceptability in the society upon graduation,’’ he said. Obasi appealed to Buhari to assent to other assent to other bills like the Bill for an Act to Make it Mandatory for the Immediate Issuance and Release of Certificates to Graduating Students in all Tertiary institutions in Nigeria and for other Related Matters (HB. 56 & HB. 439).

He also made a case for the Bill for an Act to Amend the Students’ Union Activities ( Control and regulation) Act. CAP. S14, LFN 2004 to Remove the Restrictions on Student Unionism; and for other Related Matters(HB. 236)

The Executive Director of ASESI also called on the Student Union leaders in Nigeria to devote more time to legislative matters in the National Assembly that could improve, strengthen and protect the general well-being of Nigerian Students.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Thanks2God: 8:54pm On Dec 10, 2018
On the issue of NOUN participation in NYSC scheme
What's the fate of the under 30yrs students who are currently working with govt/cooperate organization. Should dey resign their job to participate in NYSC scheme after graduation. Or will dey be issued exclusion/exception letter.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Olohunjedalo(m): 9:05pm On Dec 10, 2018
NOUNPortal:

Check Here
How come there are no Bsc information technology on that list ?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by donbrowser(m): 9:12pm On Dec 10, 2018
Thanks2God:
What's the fate of the under 30yrs students who are currently working with govt/cooperate organization. Should dey resign their job to participate in NYSC scheme after graduation. Or will dey be issued exclusion/exception letter.
The plan on ground according to what I eavesdropped is that people in that category will be given option to serve in their respective states and place of work.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by yak(m): 11:50pm On Dec 10, 2018
Thanks2God:

the practice has always been to get exempt
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Olohunjedalo(m): 1:53am On Dec 11, 2018
yak:

the practice has always been to get exempt
You’re probably not updated. Sir
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ananne: 5:09am On Dec 11, 2018
Did the project defence and moderation commence yesterday in Lagos?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 5:30am On Dec 11, 2018
JUST IN

Project Defense for masters and PGD students is on which started yesterday, visit your various study centre to clarify (10th - 15th of this month)

Thank you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 7:25am On Dec 11, 2018
Good morning all

Complement Of The Season, most students are done with exams I guess I wish you all the best has you await results.

As at this hour some students have not done their GST TMA in the new portal please I will strongly advise you do your GST TMA in the new portal and even if you paid someone to help you try and check yourself and if you can't check yourself tell the person that helped you send the screenshot as evidence its important.

I will wait till exams are finally over till i bring up some issues affecting students from graduating from the school, on several occasions I do tell people that Higher Institution is an individualistic school and not a community education whereby you have people that monitor your progress. You need to make sure that you know where you stand each semester and where you need to buckle up in the new one, a new semester will soon start and we will be seeing the common post " please I need the courses we registering this semester" my dear it doesn't work that way go into your portal and see what you ought to do this semester.

What will be your gain if after you rounded up in 400 level and you discover that a course in your previous level is holding you down.

I will stop here and wait till exams are over before I talk more on managing your portal best base on your performance and not base on what is happening in the level/semester you are.
Thanks and watch out from next week

Macharnthony Solutions

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Olohunjedalo(m): 7:39am On Dec 11, 2018
Lol
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 11:01am On Dec 11, 2018
Wrote on my exam slip
Lewismartins69:
wetin be ur main crime?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Foolsparadise(m): 1:50pm On Dec 11, 2018
Pls house Any idea when that 2nd graduation list will be out. Its taking long
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by CuteTolex(f): 3:28pm On Dec 11, 2018
please is there any possibility that the TMA will still be re-open
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Olohunjedalo(m): 3:31pm On Dec 11, 2018
_
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by thaddeus12(m): 7:44pm On Dec 11, 2018
Olohunjedalo:
_

Msc final defence today in enugu was wonderful. msc .IT students proof their strenghts today during software presentation.God thank you for journey mercies

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Olohunjedalo(m): 8:02pm On Dec 11, 2018
thaddeus12:

Msc final defence today in enugu was wonderful. msc .IT students proof their strenghts today during software presentation.God thank you for journey mercies
Hi , I can’t see Bsc IT on the graduation list .
I’m seeing communication technology instead .
Whereas , I’m studying IT ,Bsc .
Did the name change or something
What will be on the certificate?
I’m just curious .
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by yak(m): 10:02pm On Dec 11, 2018
Olohunjedalo:

You’re probably not updated. Sir

probably I am not but the civil service rule wld need to b amended to accommodate a civil servant embarking on any youth service.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by thaddeus12(m): 4:00am On Dec 12, 2018
Olohunjedalo:

Hi , I can’t see Bsc IT on the graduation list .
I’m seeing communication technology instead .
Whereas , I’m studying IT ,Bsc .
Did the name change or something
What will be on the certificate?
I’m just curious .

Please which graduation list. Meanwhile the communication tech name have been change to info tech. So i think it will take effect from subsequent ones.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 5:57am On Dec 12, 2018
NOUN TARGETS 1m ENROLMENT IN FIVE YEARS

The Governing Council of the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) says it plans to increase students’ enrolment to one million in five years.

This followed President Muhammadu Buhari’s approval last week which allows NOUN graduates to participate in the annual National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) scheme and its law graduates permitted to attend law school.

At a briefing addressed by the NOUN Governing Council Chairman, Prof. Peter Okebukola, in Lagos, he said the planned enrolment would be in tandem with the Ministerial Strategic Plan 2016-2019 on increasing access to university education.

(Coined from Dailytrust online)

1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 5:59am On Dec 12, 2018
Happening in Lagos :

The Vice-Chancellor, Prof. Abdalla Uba Adamu, launched Roll- up banners on Ethical Reporting to mark the 2018 world Anti-Corruption Day.

The event was put together by the Anti-Corruption and Transparency Monitoring Unit, ACTU Unit of NOUN.

The Vice-Chancellor charged all staff to imbibe the culture of whistle-blowing but called for caution while doing so, to avoid implicating the innocent.

1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 6:14am On Dec 12, 2018
REMINDER !!!

Hi Everyone,

This is to notify you that access to GST TMAs will close 15th December 2018.

Dr. Inegbedion

---------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a copy of a message sent to you at "CEAGS-LEARN".
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by fishguide(m): 11:38am On Dec 12, 2018
a new week to commence work on you research.

it's not as hard as you think (reach out if you need help).

Oh!, you are the busy type (Hire me now wink)

Best wishes

fishguide.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 1:34pm On Dec 12, 2018
All final year students are invited to a meeting with the Centre Director

Venue: School Auditorium
Date: 13th Dec., 2018
Time: 10am prompt.

Pls endeavour to be there

Thank you.

Benin Study Centre
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by kunletoks(m): 10:15pm On Dec 12, 2018
Hello house,

I applied for Msc Information Technology and got offer of provisional admission on 31st of Oct, 2018.
The instruction on the printed document was to proceed to Mccarty study centre with original and photocopies of academic certificates.
On getting there in September I was told exam is going on and should come back in December for registration.

Please kindly advice on when the registration is starting for the next session.

Thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Jonadull: 10:22pm On Dec 12, 2018
kunletoks:
Hello house,

I applied for Msc Information Technology and got offer of provisional admission on 31st of Oct, 2018.
The instruction on the printed document was to proceed to Mccarty study centre with original and photocopies of academic certificates.
On getting there in September I was told exam is going on and should come back in December for registration.

Thanks
Follow the thread
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Teddyg2(m): 10:22pm On Dec 12, 2018
You can go back by January, good luck
kunletoks:
Hello house,

Thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Daniel38: 10:24pm On Dec 12, 2018
Follow the assented of NOUN Acts by Mr. President, please can i now apply for law admission cuz i heard it has been suspended before
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by kunletoks(m): 10:31pm On Dec 12, 2018
Jonathan:

Follow the thread

Teddyg2:

You can go back by January, good luck

Thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 7:06am On Dec 13, 2018
NOUN GETS MORE PROFESSORS FOR OPEN UNIVERSITY

The Governing Council of the National Open University of Nigeria has expressed optimism that the recent assent of President Muhammadu Buhari to the NOUN Amendment Bill 2018 would give greater legitimacy to the university as a full-time open and distance learning (ODL) institution. The chairman of the council, Professor Peter Okebukola, while addressing the media in Lagos on Monday, said the NOUN Act, for which the university eagerly awaits its gazetting, would provide for graduates of the university to be eligible for enrolment in the NYSC Scheme. Okebukola enthused that these provisions and others would set NOUN on a trajectory for improved delivery of quality university education, parity of esteem of products with the conventional universities and a catalyst for the university’s match to be the best open university in Africa by 2030. He further explained that the university was strategising to double its student enrolment from the current 500,000 to 1,000,000 within the next five years, adding that the council is supporting the Senate of NOUN, under the leadership of Professor Abdalla Uba Adamu, the Vice-Chancellor, to improve the quality of the delivery process. Okebukola also hinted that NOUN was in the closing stage of hosting the African Centre of Excellence on Technology Enhanced Learning, to be funded by the World Bank through the National Universities Commission (NUC) with between US$4-6 million in a five-year cycle. The council also noted with pleasure the impressive performance of the vice-chancellor in taking NOUN to greater heights since his assumption of office, citing the efforts of his management team for securing the Centre of Excellence, worthy of praise.

Meanwhile, the Governing Council has announced the promotion of some staff to professorial cadre.

Those promoted are Prof. Onyeka Iwuchukwu – Comparative Literature, Prof. Samaila Mande – Marketing and Communication; Prof. Saheed Ajibola – Mathematics; Dr Aliede Jonathan – Associate Professor of Mass Communication; Dr Rosemary Obodo – Associate Professor of Guidance and Counseling; and Dr Kareem Aminu – Associate Professor of Educational Psychology.

Others are Dr. Alero Akujobi – Associate Professor of Law, and Dr Samson Osoba – Associate Professor of Transport Management.

Signed:
Ibrahim Sheme
Director, Media and Publicity
NOUN

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (947) (948) (949) (950) (951) (952) (953) ... (1580) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.