Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,047 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (98) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3502411 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (1582) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Yem0350: 9:41am On Jun 13, 2013
Any past question available for M.ED Educational Technology student
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 10:24am On Jun 13, 2013
Please, anybody with CIT 701, 735 & 753 (pgd) past questions? Kindly send copies to adeola92@hotmail.com.uk.
Thanks a million and all the best in your exams.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jun 13, 2013
Hello Nairalanders
Please I'd like to enroll in the postgraduate Hiv/aids Education and management course. Can I have an idea of how much the fees cost and how long it minimally takes to complete a master or postgraduate course? I'm guessing I'd still have to get a transcript from my first degree. Please inform me.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jun 13, 2013
Kodinita: Hello Nairalanders
Please I'd like to enroll in the postgraduate Hiv/aids Education and management course. Can I have an idea of how much the fees cost and how long it minimally takes to complete a master or postgraduate course? I'm guessing I'd still have to get a transcript from my first degree. Please inform me.

Go to the Study Center you intend to belong for all of these.You may go there, after the on-going exams.Document all your concerns and they will straighten them all.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jun 13, 2013
Juwonb007: Please, anybody with CIT 701, 735 & 753 (pgd) past questions? Kindly send copies to adeola92@hotmail.com.uk.

You would have sought for them before this exams.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by water4qb: 6:16pm On Jun 13, 2013
please house,
i have bsc in cooperative and business management with a gpa of 3.29.

Will i be admitted to masters in information technology or will have to do pgd first .

Waiting for ur advice...
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by SONKOko(m): 6:25pm On Jun 13, 2013
water4qb: please house,

Will i be admitted to masters in information technology or will have to do pgd first .

Waiting for ur advice...

check the website www.portal.noun.edu.ng

But I think you will have to do pgd Information Technology first
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by tobnical(m): 8:38pm On Jun 13, 2013
water4qb: please house,

Waiting for ur advice...
PGD first. Except if u hv up to 5yrs work experience wit an IT related job schedule
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by tobnical(m): 8:43pm On Jun 13, 2013
Juwonb007: Please, anybody with CIT 701, 735 & 753 (pgd) past questions? Kindly send copies to adeola92@hotmail.com.uk.
I hv asked for question paper here; those who have are not ready to release them. Just read ur books page to page and inbetween the lines. U can be sure of success. D questions won't go beyond d scope of ur textbooks and dey will b straight forward in d way dey ask their questions. I mean POP exams

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Yem0350: 9:59pm On Jun 13, 2013
Kodinita: Hello Nairalanders
I was not asked abt my transcript whn applying 4 my master. U nid aroud 150k. If u av it, it wil b okay and u may not even spend everytin
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Yem0350: 10:07pm On Jun 13, 2013
Helo, old student, if someone did not score up to 28 (40% of exam score) in an exam. Is it automatic carry ova irrespective of TMA score?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 6:57am On Jun 14, 2013
Yem0350: Helo, old student, if someone did not score up to 28 (40% of exam score) in an exam. Is it automatic carry ova irrespective of TMA score?

If your Exam and TMA scores are not up to 40%, it is a carry-over.Mind you, 40 is an E!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Takoro13(m): 7:59am On Jun 14, 2013
Yem0350: Any past question available for M.ED Educational Technology student
you are getting late before you ask. am not at where the questions are now when i got there i will try to sent those with me.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Yem0350: 10:39am On Jun 14, 2013
Takoro13:
you are getting late before you ask. am not at where the questions are now when i got there i will try to sent those with me.
thanks, i only nid it 4 next semester. My email is emboboye@yahoo.com.
Can i av urs?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jun 14, 2013
VIPICO:

Ok thats nice.
To what extent can you vouch for the authenticity and credibility of the school?
Recently I was contemplating buying the registration form but a friend of mine is discouraging me seriously. His argument is that, like anything Nigerian, the whole programme could be a sham that would end in some kind of fiasco and gnashing of teeth for the poor students.
He was asking me whether I have seen anybody with a degree or cert. from the school, and even if they offer degrees that are acknowledged by NUC, are the employers honouring those degrees?
I'm really in some form of dilemma now concerning this.

Pls I would appreciate if u could throw some more light on these issues
A good question that requires a comprehensive answer from an Educationist/Expert and not a student.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jun 14, 2013
FRSA: A good question that requires a comprehensive answer from an Educationist/Expert and not a student.

There is no University's award certificate that grantees a job position. People create jobs, and when a govt doesn't help in creating them, it becomes a problem.I am really tired of trying to convince folks to move on.So let his pal provide that alternative!

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by beckyhenry: 9:45am On Jun 15, 2013
[quote author=Joe50]Any NOUN computer science student here undecided wink
both 100L and 200L ya
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Bigbamoski(m): 12:22pm On Jun 15, 2013
pls is der any comp sci studnt in d ous, frm apapa study centre
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Dorzytem: 12:54pm On Jun 15, 2013
Pls i want 2 ask a question,i bought noun form week b4 last,n d gav me admission into enterprenuel and business management 2012/ 2013 session. I dnt knw wat 2 do, o mine starting second semester or what?pls u can link me thru dis aozytemple@yahoo.com or dorzytem as 2go username i wil b grateful if i hav a feed back.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jun 15, 2013
Dorzytem: Pls i want 2 ask a question,i bought noun form week b4 last,n d gav me admission into enterprenuel and business management 2012/ 2013 session. I dnt knw wat 2 do, o mine starting second semester or what?pls u can link me thru dis aozytemple@yahoo.com or dorzytem as 2go username i wil b grateful if i hav a feed back.

In August, you will start off with 1st Semester, although that will be some people's 2nd semester.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Dorzytem: 1:12pm On Jun 15, 2013
ferdimako:

In August, you will start off with 1st Semester, although that will be some people's 2nd semester.
pls wil i take the first semester courses lik carry over ?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by c33b33(m): 4:51pm On Jun 15, 2013
Dorzytem: pls wil i take the first semester courses lik carry over ?
No!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Dorzytem: 6:48pm On Jun 15, 2013
c33b33: No!
in my admission letter,they say i shud sumbit my credentials on the 1 march 2013 which hav pass.am totally confused
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Ray1251(m): 7:10pm On Jun 15, 2013
hello please what's the price of open university registration form
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jun 15, 2013
Dorzytem: in my admission letter,they say i shud sumbit my credentials on the 1 march 2013 which hav pass.am totally confused

Go to ur study center.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 9:03am On Jun 16, 2013
Is it really true that this semester is rather fast/shorter than previous? JustAsking
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Ejaay: 1:54pm On Jun 16, 2013
ferdimako:

Pls Mr Ferdimako, can I drop a course I ve already done TMAs in?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jun 16, 2013
Ejaay:
Pls Mr Ferdimako, can I drop a course I ve already done TMAs in?

Yeah, but NOUN didn't allow students to do that this time.Your IT guy could do it but if you would love to do it next semester, don't bother.

We dropped a course last semester(CIT445) after walking out on it from the exam hall and that is why I have N3,500 balance in my ewallet. It is a core but unnecessary since we have all passed 120 units, so in order to avoid an F and coming back to resit...we left and some folks in the hall were laughing at us. Did they know a thing about what we avoided? The course handler set off material!I have my result on a page that contains my name and most folks who did that course got Fs. For me to abandon that course after amassing 26 out 30 from the TMAs was something else.

The same man handled CIT342 and after I got like 26 from the TMAs I got an E with a total of 43.So I pulled 17 out of 70 in the exams. You see wahala?! No record or mentioning of that CIT445 on my result sheet or row.

In a nutshell, you don't get scored on a course with only TMAs but you get scored with exams score only.Don't even know why some people throw away their TMAs' 30% freebie!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jun 16, 2013
Juwonb007: Is it really true that this semester is rather fast/shorter than previous? JustAsking

Yeah it is shorter.Last semester ended in March but started in August 2012. The current one started in March and it is ending in July. There will be another semester starting from August and ends in December. You guys are enjoying. I remember my year 1 1st semester lasted for 8months. I didn't miss a thing as I sandwiched my courses and am off NOUN.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Ejaay: 6:02pm On Jun 16, 2013
ferdimako:

Yeah, but NOUN didn't allow students to do that this time.Your IT guy could do it but if you would love to do it next semester, don't bother.

We dropped a course last semester(CIT445) after walking out on it from the exam hall and that is why I have N3,500 balance in my ewallet. It is a core but unnecessary since we have all passed 120 units, so in order to avoid an F and coming back to resit...we left and some folks in the hall were laughing at us. Did they know a thing about what we avoided? The course handler set off material!I have my result on a page that contains my name and most folks who did that course got Fs. For me to abandon that course after amassing 26 out 30 from the TMAs was something else.

The same man handled CIT342 and after I got like 26 from the TMAs I got an E with a total of 43.So I pulled 17 out of 70 in the exams. You see wahala?! No record or mentioning of that CIT445 on my result sheet or row.

In a nutshell, you don't get scored on a course with only TMAs but you get scored with exams score only.Don't even know why some people throw away their TMAs' 30% freebie!

Okay tnx, I got 26 in the TMAs too. The exam is 8am tmrw and I am not making a head way @ understanding it the course. So I don't want to write it anymore, cos its an elective and I ve enof credit unit. Can't I just drop it next semester?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jun 16, 2013
Ejaay:

Okay tnx, I got 26 in the TMAs too. The exam is 8am tmrw and I am not making a head way @ understanding it the course. So I don't want to write it anymore, cos its an elective and I ve enof credit unit. Can't I just drop it next semester?

If you can, go tomorrow only to drop it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (1582) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.