Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,499 members, 7,830,507 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (99) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3498290 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (1581) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Ejaay: 9:03pm On Jun 16, 2013
ferdimako:

If you can, go tomorrow only to drop it.

Okay, tnx.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 9:51am On Jun 17, 2013
ferdimako:
If you can, go tomorrow only to drop it.

@ferdimako: I'd wanted to drop a course 2weeks ago, but wZ told it's late, that it can't be dropped again. All I did was to skip the exam. Wld I still register for the course next semester?
What's the total unit course for the PGDs; IT, to be precise?
Thanks. Well appreciated
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 9:57am On Jun 17, 2013
Ferdinako, please anyway I could directly reach you? Mobile no, pin, email? Wld appreciate any.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 10:34am On Jun 17, 2013
Juwonb007:

@ferdimako: I'd wanted to drop a course 2weeks ago, but wZ told it's late, that it can't be dropped again. All I did was to skip the exam. Wld I still register for the course next semester?
Thanks. Well appreciated

Persuade the IT Coordinator in your study to drop it for you or if you wanna do it next semester, then wait till next September to call for the TMAs.You don't have to pay any money for it again.

You should ask your Student Counselor about the expected TCE and I think it should be within 35 and 45.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 10:35am On Jun 17, 2013
Juwonb007: Ferdinako, please anyway I could directly reach you? Mobile no, pin, email? Wld appreciate any.

My e-mail address is on my profile and everything should be thrashed out here for others to benefit.What do you think?

3 Likes

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Takoro13(m): 5:39pm On Jun 17, 2013
Juwonb007:

Thanks. Well appreciated
the graduation units for pgd is 30 but you can do more. just be careful. you dont need to register for it again
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by gloriousstar: 8:38am On Jun 18, 2013
i tried loading my e-exam time table from my portal but i couldnt. Can anyone pls help me with the exam time table? I am a 100level computer science student. Tnx
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 10:53am On Jun 18, 2013
glorious star: i tried loading my e-exam time table from my portal but i couldnt. Can anyone pls help me with the exam time table? I am a 100level computer science student. Tnx

No e-exam tt on the portal yet.Hold on while you keep studying!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jun 18, 2013
ferdimako:

My e-mail address is on my profile and everything should be thrashed out here for others to benefit.What do you think?

Noted sir. Thanks. Well appreciated. Is the 30/35-45 inclusive of project?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jun 18, 2013
Juwonb007:

Noted sir. Thanks. Well appreciated. Is the 30/35-45 inclusive of project?

Yeah.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by naijacareer(f): 5:15pm On Jun 18, 2013
hi everyone........here is the latest update on NOUN follow this trend link https://www.nairaland.com/1329026/national-open-university-nigeria-admission
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Keziehenry(m): 12:02am On Jun 19, 2013
Pls how does d students of NOUN recieve lectures,is it on weeknds,daily or how cos am intrested in goin for a pgd programme.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Takoro13(m): 7:29am On Jun 19, 2013
Keziehenry: Pls how does d students of NOUN recieve lectures,is it on weeknds,daily or how cos am intrested in goin for a pgd programme.
the programme is open and distant method of learning. i.e you collect your materials and go home till when you have exams. you only need to be updated with any development from school. it gives you chance of working while schooling. no lectures but you can call for tutor if you have any problem in any course. you should note that students do arrange classes on their own. you may join if you wish. your material is your lecturer.... ask more.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 9:26am On Jun 19, 2013
Please, any MPA student here? Need a checklist on registrable courses for a friend(prospective std of NOUN). At your convenience o. Study centre aint ready to oblige me with it. Thanks.

How's the exams going? All da best, 1c again.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 9:55am On Jun 19, 2013
Juwonb007: Please, any MPA student here? Need a checklist on registrable courses for a friend(prospective std of NOUN). At your convenience o. Study centre aint ready to oblige me with it. Thanks.

How's the exams going? All da best, 1c again.

Registrable courses are at www.nou.edu.ng
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Keziehenry(m): 12:38pm On Jun 19, 2013
Takoro13:
the programme is open and distant method of learning. i.e you collect your materials and go home till when you have exams. you only need to be updated with any development from school. it gives you chance of working while schooling. no lectures but you can call for tutor if you have any problem in any course. you should note that students do arrange classes on their own. you may join if you wish. your material is your lecturer.... ask more.
nawaoooooooooooooo
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jun 19, 2013
Keziehenry:
nawaoooooooooooooo

Na so!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by newazuka: 7:38am On Jun 20, 2013
I am thinking of noun for pgde and master, pls anybody with a degree from noun and working with it. Pls its urgent, thank you for your response
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by j3ffr3y: 8:06am On Jun 20, 2013
Is noun a private school?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 11:48am On Jun 20, 2013
j3ffr3y: Is noun a private school?

yes!

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by dvdami(m): 12:42pm On Jun 20, 2013
Hello house,

I am really interested in furthering my education wt NOUN but mine is not that straightforward in that I am an HND graduate of Civil Engineering but I'd love to further in either Communication Technolgy or Data Management for BSc or PGD.

I'd like to know if this is possible please.

Thanks as I await your response and assistance.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by hpk(m): 3:38pm On Jun 20, 2013
[quote author=beckyhenry][/quote]
Yes ohhhh! 100level here
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by hpk(m): 3:56pm On Jun 20, 2013
glorious star: i tried loading my e-exam time table from my portal but i couldnt. Can anyone pls help me with the exam time table? I am a 100level computer science student. Tnx
I'm your course mate. What's ur study centre?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by baba11(m): 3:55am On Jun 21, 2013
i have 29/30 as my TMA score(CIT 852).i didn't complete the exams because of the situation beyond my control,some people advise me that i should drop the course immediately after the exams,but my fear is that,if i drop it,will i still have the TMA's score?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 6:16am On Jun 21, 2013
dvdami: Hello house,

I am really interested in furthering my education wt NOUN but mine is not that straightforward in that I am an HND graduate of Civil Engineering but I'd love to further in either Communication Technolgy or Data Management for BSc or PGD.

I'd like to know if this is possible please.

Thanks as I await your response and assistance.

Yes. Go for PGD, except you want to av BSc in your choice of disciplne/course. I did textile as my 1st degree, but doing PGD.IT now.
Best of luck.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 6:22am On Jun 21, 2013
baba11: i have 29/30 as my TMA score(CIT 852).i didn't complete the exams because of the situation beyond my control,some people advise me that i should drop the course immediately after the exams,but my fear is that,if i drop it,will i still have the TMA's score?

If you'd still want to write the exam next semester, no need dropping it cuz you won't be graded only on TMA, but with exam. It'd be recorded as missing script/absent. Your TMA wld still be intact, but CONFIRM that next semester, if not available, then DO IT AGAIN.
I trust you shouldn't have problem doing the TMA again if not available, as you did it yourself!

Enjoy and have fun.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 6:29am On Jun 21, 2013
[b][/b]
j3ffr3y: Is noun a private school?

Haba! The title/name of this page is explicit enough: NATIONAL Open University of NIGERIA. So, it's a fed university

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 6:36am On Jun 21, 2013
newazuka: I am thinking of noun for pgde and master, pls anybody with a degree from noun and working with it. Pls its urgent, thank you for your response

If there's none, you won't deal with NOUN? You could create job if you dont/cant get employed. Conventional University grads are there still hunting for job, so, it is not about "which sch you graduated from" But what you can offer.
So, drop that question/meentality (as d case may be) & furge ahead.

All da best.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 8:32am On Jun 21, 2013
baba11: i have 29/30 as my TMA score(CIT 852).i didn't complete the exams because of the situation beyond my control,some people advise me that i should drop the course immediately after the exams,but my fear is that,if i drop it,will i still have the TMA's score?

What was the situation beyond control? Did you turn in your script? If no, then if you want to redo it next semester, you must redo the TMAs and then the exams. Only TMAs amount to nothing and nothing is scored.

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (1581) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.