Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,008 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:47 PM

Bonfrere Jo Unimpressed With Eagles - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Bonfrere Jo Unimpressed With Eagles (16767 Views)

Victor Moses Happy With Eagles Return / Bonfrere Jo Says He Is The ‘right Man’ To Coach Nigeria Eagles / Bonfrere Jo Re-joins Dream Team In China (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bonfrere Jo Unimpressed With Eagles by Ustec: 3:17pm On Sep 17, 2013
solomon111: mikel is the one slowing our game down.
. Maybe u shld tell keshi not 2 use him again...all dis manU fans ehnn,tu much beefing mikel...!
Re: Bonfrere Jo Unimpressed With Eagles by sylve11: 3:17pm On Sep 17, 2013
spongeback:
Your ridiculous little opinion has been noted undecided

sad to knw u this way. Anyway, shall i grin? grin cool
Re: Bonfrere Jo Unimpressed With Eagles by Nobody: 3:19pm On Sep 17, 2013
i see no real contribution or an attempt to solve problems from this man, all I see is hazy criticism with no real direction

and what happened sir! that made Nigeria win CIV if not better football...what underhand dealings is he talking about

1 Like

Re: Bonfrere Jo Unimpressed With Eagles by Nobody: 3:19pm On Sep 17, 2013
People on nairaland that call tonto dikeh toto d..ick does it mean they don't know how to spell her real name? Guzuntal my comment was a diss!!!! undecided
Abu Mikey: Liar!! angry

1 Like

Re: Bonfrere Jo Unimpressed With Eagles by Nobody: 3:21pm On Sep 17, 2013
Are you always so stup1d or is today a special occasion? undecided
sylve11:

sad to knw u this way. Anyway, shall i grin? grin cool
Re: Bonfrere Jo Unimpressed With Eagles by 3ace(m): 3:21pm On Sep 17, 2013
For instance, when I was
there I ask them for friendly matches
for the national team and they say to
me "coach, you do it". So, I was the
one sending faxes to countries in
Europe for friendly matches which
should not have been so when my job
really is to coach the players.
Shey una dey see una NFA. Na to dey embezzle moni dem sabi.
Re: Bonfrere Jo Unimpressed With Eagles by Nobody: 3:22pm On Sep 17, 2013
I'm sorry to derail but i gotta ask this question;
Is Ne-yo really a Nigerian

1 Like

Re: Bonfrere Jo Unimpressed With Eagles by yash33: 3:24pm On Sep 17, 2013
SHARAP YA MOUTH !
NA YOUR BOY FOOD YOU WAN COME CHOP NOW EH!
WESTERHOF WAS BETTER THAN YOU AND KESHI WAS HIS PROTEGE, THAT MEANS KESHI IS BETTER THAN YOU.
IF YOU COME HERE WE'LL SEND YOU BACK TO HOLLAND

2 Likes

Re: Bonfrere Jo Unimpressed With Eagles by AbuMikey(m): 3:26pm On Sep 17, 2013
spongeback: People on nairaland that call tonto dikeh toto d..ick does it mean they don't know how to spell her real name? Guzuntal my comment was a diss!!!! undecided
Hope all is well?? undecided

1 Like

Re: Bonfrere Jo Unimpressed With Eagles by Goke7: 3:29pm On Sep 17, 2013
I think Keshi's greatest problem is that he keeps grinding out positive results even when many are wishing him failure, When he finally qualifies for the world cup, people are still going to open their wide mouth and complain that his team is too slow.

even if keshi wins the world cup, people are still going to complain that there are players out there that can still make better contributions to the team, men, keshi don suffer no be small.

Its like telling someone who came out of school with first class grade that he should have done better

I no fit laugh abeg lol!

A champion is a CHAMPION! whether the players are strolling on the pitch or crawling.

6 Likes

Re: Bonfrere Jo Unimpressed With Eagles by spade: 3:34pm On Sep 17, 2013
The kind of replies I'm seeing on this thread, like "bad belle old man", has made me realize this country is plagued with bloody illiterates and ignoramuses. "The 2go Clan" is what I call 'em.

A lot of you iidiots, I'm very sure; didn't even care to read the report. Only saw the thread title and jumped in with your nonsensical retorts.
How else can I explain the fact that you FAILED to see the title had very little to do with his comments? How else can I explain that Bonfere was infact making very good points about rot in the NFF and its lack of interest in actually doing its job, leaving the coaches to do everything and get fired? Was this not what Keshi faced earlier this year when the unpatriotic NFF already started searching for a foreign coach (their self-hating black assses) when Keshi and the Eagles were STILL in South Africa?

You bloody pieces of decomposing turd just came in here spewing TRASH without even reading the interview!

Biko, how did he do wrong by encouraging Keshi to also occassionally visit his players in the respective clubs and watch them play? How the phuck did he do wrong there?

Christian Chukwu and Shuaibu Amodu were two coaches who bowed to the corrupt NFF, did their bidding, and STILL got fired.

If Keshi fails tomorrow, a lot of you fairweather fans would also be here bashing him with your grammatically abominable writings, yet you're right here today insulting a man and his constructive criticism.

I am surrounded by dullards, oh Lord!

4 Likes

Re: Bonfrere Jo Unimpressed With Eagles by AjanleKoko: 3:39pm On Sep 17, 2013
Goke7: I think Keshi's greatest problem is that he keeps grinding out positive results even when many are wishing him failure, When he finally qualifies for the world cup, people are still going to open their wide mouth and complain that his team is too slow.

even if keshi wins the world cup, people are still going to complain that there are players out there that can still make better contributions to the team, men, keshi don suffer no be small.

Its like telling someone who came out of school with first class grade that he should have done better

I no fit laugh abeg lol!

A champion is a CHAMPION! whether the players are strolling on the pitch or crawling.

Hmm.
Well we have had champions that immediately afterwards dropped out of sight. Like Greece in Euro 2004. They somehow won the Euros . . . and haven't even been able to get past the first round of the same competition since embarassed

While I may not necessarily care for Bonfrere, or not even agree 100%, I think it's a good idea for whoever is listening, to try and take some little learnings from what he says. After all, he used to coach the team, and achieved some significant level of success with us.

As for Keshi . . . not to worry. I know he can't possibly improve the team even if he tried. The structure for continuous improvement is simply not there, and it's not due to any fault of his. He can only do his best and move on when it's time to do so.

1 Like

Re: Bonfrere Jo Unimpressed With Eagles by damosky12(m): 3:43pm On Sep 17, 2013
Stegomiah: [b]I think he is being sarcastic with his comments, no one gave the super eagles a chance, especially considering the fact that they had to face ivorycoast in the Q.F's, ​ and i for one believe if we have many key players like onazi, moses and emmenike in the confederations cup, we will atleast reach the quarterfinals of the competition.

Yes, the individual skills(lyk we had in okochas dayz is no more there), the flair is no more there, their game is slow, he was right, but by far keshi will go down in history as one of the best coaches in African football, no one woud have given the homebased players a chance, yet he was able to integrate them into †ђξ team, he blended them wit their foreign professionals and made them a important part of the squad, he is also a disciplinarian, and someone who brings the best out of his players, mikel has never been this good under any previous national team coach, no one knows mba before keshi era...

Lest, i forget he has never lost any match prior to the confed cup in brazil, and yet to lose to an african opponent, dats impressive, face it mr. Bonfere jo, stephen keshi is a better coach than you were, than you are and than you would ever be, that's the bitter truth!

Enjoy your retirement sire! Watch the super eagles qualify for the world cup, perform well at the competition, and hoopefully win the competition. As for me and many other naija football fans, we are happy and impressed with the team, your opinion does not matter.

#team eagles#....[/b]
Uncountable likes. Thank you. Thats all I needed to say on this.

1 Like

Re: Bonfrere Jo Unimpressed With Eagles by larride(m): 3:44pm On Sep 17, 2013
spade: The kind of replies I'm seeing on this thread, like "bad belle old man", has made me realize this country is plagued with bloody illiterates and ignoramuses. "The 2go Clan" is what I call 'em.

A lot of you iidiots, I'm very sure; didn't even care to read the report. Only saw the thread title and jumped in with your nonsensical retorts.
How else can I explain the fact that you FAILED to see the title had very little to do with his comments? How else can I explain that Bonfere was infact making very good points about rot in the NFF and its lack of interest in actually doing its job, leaving the coaches to do everything and get fired? Was this not what Keshi faced earlier this year when the unpatriotic NFF already started searching for a foreign coach (their self-hating black assses) when Keshi and the Eagles were STILL in South Africa?

You bloody pieces of decomposing turd just came in here spewing TRASH without even reading the interview!

Biko, how did he do wrong by encouraging Keshi to also occassionally visit his players in the respective clubs and watch them play? How the phuck did he do wrong there?

Christian Chukwu and Shuaibu Amodu were two coaches who bowed to the corrupt NFF, did their bidding, and STILL got fired.

If Keshi fails tomorrow, a lot of you fairweather fans would also be here bashing him with your grammatically abominable writings, yet you're right here today insulting a man and his constructive criticism.

I love this your selective tinted glass, please borrow me so I can see what only you are seeing. Yes, we all know that our FA is corrupt and we all know that there's still room for improvement but for him to say that some underhand dealings took place in that match against CIV before we would win is nothing less than a treason in my own book (if he's a Nigerian). Remove your "oyinbo" tinted glass and read that article as an unbiased analyst and tell me that the above article is a constructive criticism.

6 Likes

Re: Bonfrere Jo Unimpressed With Eagles by damosky12(m): 3:47pm On Sep 17, 2013
Goke7: I think Keshi's greatest problem is that he keeps grinding out positive results even when many are wishing him failure, When he finally qualifies for the world cup, people are still going to open their wide mouth and complain that his team is too slow.

I no fit laugh abeg lol!

Now, this got me laughing. Hahaha. Lot of sense though.

1 Like

Re: Bonfrere Jo Unimpressed With Eagles by Goke7: 3:47pm On Sep 17, 2013
spade: The kind of replies I'm seeing on this thread, like "bad belle old man", has made me realize this country is plagued with bloody illiterates and ignoramuses. "The 2go Clan" is what I call 'em.

The NFF problem has been there for a very long time and is not only peculiar to Nigeria alone but also exist in other african countries, its a reflection of how CAF manages the game in Africa and how we think, we don't need Bonfere to remind us, Westerhof also had his share too, thanks to Aikhomu[former VP] who always bail him out.

You see the NFF problem is like Power Supply issue in Nigeria that will unfortunately still remain with us for sometime, the point here is that there was no need for Bonfere to re-open old wounds, we don't need that now that we are on the verge of qualifying for our fifth world cup appearance.

its like your wife is about to go into labour room and you start to remind her of all the quarrels you've had before, does it make sense?

Do you want all our former coaches to come out and tell us all the problems they had with NFF all in the name of constructive criticism? haba!

2 Likes

Re: Bonfrere Jo Unimpressed With Eagles by emiye(m): 3:52pm On Sep 17, 2013
I don't agree with bonfre jo, The super eagles are now faster in their build up compared to the last 15 years. He crowned his rubbissh talks with possible match fixing in the african nations cup. While i might agree with him on the inefficiency of the NFF and the sport ministry during his time, i also believe there has been a significant improvement in the attitude of the sport ministry and NFF, most especially to the coach and provision of friendly matches.

3 Likes

Re: Bonfrere Jo Unimpressed With Eagles by uceee(m): 3:52pm On Sep 17, 2013
Livermeka: Bonfrere Jo: You saw their
first two matches, how
badly they played.
Something happened
between that match and the
Cote D'Ivoire match and all
of a sudden they won. I
have coached in China and
even though one can not
prove these things we
know it happens..
supersport.com: You
implying some underhand
dealings?
Bonfrere Jo: look, it has
happened many times and
in football unfortunately it is
very difficult to prove how
but we know these things
do happen. Even in their
other matches after against
Mali and the final against
Burkina Faso they seemed
to have improved suddenly.
In any case, the team does
not play in the way Nigerian
players and teams have
been known to play.
Is he trying to say that Keshi used Juju to suddenly improve the team? It is unbelievable that a professional football coach would make such an allegation. He could be sued for that.

1 Like

Re: Bonfrere Jo Unimpressed With Eagles by cutetoks4: 3:52pm On Sep 17, 2013
i am suprised at Jo's sayings, well,if he was that good, when he had a second opportunity at the olympic we fumbled, he wanted a team of his own and not the westerhof team and we all saw the result, i think uncle jo is hungry, he needs a job.please Any team in NPL should contact uncle jo...lol

1 Like

Re: Bonfrere Jo Unimpressed With Eagles by SuperDan1: 3:52pm On Sep 17, 2013
We all know that he could only manage Westerhof players to achieve what he achieved during his period as coach, how come he was not able to inject flesh blood into the team when the team was ageing. In my opinion Westerhof is still our best coach because he built his team from scratch just like Keshi is doing.

1 Like

Re: Bonfrere Jo Unimpressed With Eagles by sainty2k3(m): 3:53pm On Sep 17, 2013
Who need him to be impress with them, mtchew , yeye

1 Like

Re: Bonfrere Jo Unimpressed With Eagles by collynzo2(m): 3:53pm On Sep 17, 2013
The NFF of yesteryears in not the same with the NFF of today. The present NFF is actually doing well, we should give them kudos.
Re: Bonfrere Jo Unimpressed With Eagles by Goke7: 3:56pm On Sep 17, 2013
AjanleKoko:

Hmm.
Well we have had champions that immediately afterwards dropped out of sight. Like Greece in Euro 2004. They somehow won the Euros . . . and haven't even been able to get past the first round of the same competition since embarassed

While I may not necessarily care for Bonfrere, or not even agree 100%, I think it's a good idea for whoever is listening, to try and take some little learnings from what he says. After all, he used to coach the team, and achieved some significant level of success with us.

As for Keshi . . . not to worry. I know he can't possibly improve the team even if he tried. The structure for continuous improvement is simply not there, and it's not due to any fault of his. He can only do his best and move on when it's time to do so.

My brother, Bonfere lost the AFCon trophy on home soil to Camerooun, I think Keshi deserve some respect from Bonfere with better comments than what he spewed out there. The fact that Greece dropped out of sight does not changed the fact that they were champions in 2004.

OR do you want the Super Eagles to drop out of sight too, Let's be positive sir!

2 Likes

Re: Bonfrere Jo Unimpressed With Eagles by trappatoni(m): 3:59pm On Sep 17, 2013
Mr Jo ,we're surely going to be in brazil, the draw couldn't get any nicer than Ethiopia. Do not worry, we'll give you a special treat from brazil.

1 Like

Re: Bonfrere Jo Unimpressed With Eagles by seankay(m): 4:01pm On Sep 17, 2013
Why is it so difficult for us to take a constructive criticism.....Well said Bonfrere! The fact that we are the best in Africa doesn't make us one of the best in the world.We have to improve our game so as to be able to be a force to reckoned with when we pair the likes of Brazil,Italy,Spain.....
Re: Bonfrere Jo Unimpressed With Eagles by fydence: 4:03pm On Sep 17, 2013
prem love: Since you know everything you would have won the world cup for us bck then. enemy of progress
inshort...my broda..Na Only God fit bless u adequately for this comment!!

1 Like

Re: Bonfrere Jo Unimpressed With Eagles by Chregor(m): 4:07pm On Sep 17, 2013
Quys u need not take it all out on him;he meant well for us--- jst a little bit swift and responsive to chances; who knows, we might stun the world.
Jst remember how dramatic and successful it was for us at Afcon 2013 wen Mba made an impressive run at the defence and released a drive which rechochited off a CIV defender and onto the net. I think this tactic is worth exploiting as well.
Re: Bonfrere Jo Unimpressed With Eagles by Nonybb: 4:07pm On Sep 17, 2013
He is a white dude, he should go back to dutch. He is not african

1 Like

Re: Bonfrere Jo Unimpressed With Eagles by Okaka27(m): 4:12pm On Sep 17, 2013
hu be dis guy to hell with him!
super eagles carry on jare

1 Like

Re: Bonfrere Jo Unimpressed With Eagles by SUNNY45: 4:21pm On Sep 17, 2013
Some advice aint necessary...This is one of them. He should have applied this advise to get us the AFCON he lost to Cameroun. *yawns*

2 Likes

Re: Bonfrere Jo Unimpressed With Eagles by Eklektika(m): 4:24pm On Sep 17, 2013
Promhize: Who cares? Old Age is definitely affecting him grin

He must be drunk if he meant what am thinking right now. Is he mad? He has to explain himself. Stupid old man.

Abeg o! What is the Senile dude implying? Sell out out by the Ivoriens,Malians and Burkinabes? Or that we used Juju? I don't get it.
Re: Bonfrere Jo Unimpressed With Eagles by COOLDUN: 4:37pm On Sep 17, 2013
prem love: Since you know everything you would have won the world cup for us bck then. enemy of progress

Your type is the main reason why this country will never exceed its present status; you always attack the messengers instead of heeding to the messages. What has he said wrong? That made you to label him as an enemy of progress. I know you are a kid, including the morons that clicked like to your spewed trash. If you guys are not kids, you would have known that this man you called an enemy of progress contributed a lot to raise our national team's status both in African and the world, during his time as the Assistant/Technical Adviser of the SE.

He was the main actor of the 1994 Nations Cup/ USA World cup successful Super Eagles, as an assistant to Clemence Westerhorf, he took over fully and won the highest honor in the game of football for Africa/Nigeria in 1996 in Football Gold, in the Atlanta Olympic games the first of its kind in the history of world football. Few years 2000 he took the SE to the Nations Cup final and lost to the Cameroun through penalty shoot out, before the Arabic/Islamic scholars turned football administrators booted him out.

If he is an enemy of progress i don't think he would have won all those laurels for Nigeria, then Nigeria was rated 5/6 , respected and feared by every country in the world in football, but since he left, where are we today? 40s and 30s in FIFA rating, dragging positions with Cape Verde, Cambodia, India, and Mongolia in the FIFA rating.

What he gave S Keshi is an elderly colleague’s advise, it is left for him to heed to it or not. If he succeeds through his advices today, kudos would be for S.Keshi, if he fails the blaming would also go to him. The best teacher is a best learner also. Nigerians should know how to use some words. Calling this man an enemy of progress is a sign of being an ingrate.

Stephen Keshi, if you are reading this comments, i would sincerely advice you as one of your great admirers/supporters and lovers, to heed and learn from this noble advise from this great man, Jo Bonfere, you played under him as a player, and worked under him as a coach, he will never mislead you.

You are a great coach and God will help you to succeed, I was that guy that approached you one day in 2005 at Kege stadium in Togo, as Nigerian foreign based player on vacation, the day before the Epervie ( HAWKS) were to play with Senegal. When you said we should meet after the match at hotel Sarakawa in Lome Togo, though it’s been so long, i am just reminding you. God will increase your victory and efforts with great success in Jesus’ name .Amen.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pictures From The Final Of Copa Lagos Beach Soccer 2013 / Video Of Asisat Oshoala's 4th Goal In 4 Games For Barcelona / AFCON 2019: Who Are Your Top 3 Super Eagles Players So Far?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.