Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,640 members, 7,809,401 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:57 AM

Eastern Railway Service To Commence By December - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eastern Railway Service To Commence By December (7538 Views)

FG Committed To Winning Boko Haram War By December 31 – Lai Mohammed / I Won’t Resign Even If I Don’t Defeat Boko Haram By December, Says Buhari / “Nigeria Will Cease To Exist By December 2015″ – Biafra Movement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eastern Railway Service To Commence By December by Nobody: 12:59am On Sep 17, 2013
Passenger service on the eastern railway route will commence before the end of December, an official of Nigeria Railway Corporation (NRC) said on Friday.

The District Manger, NRC, Eastern zone, Mr Felix Njoku, made the plan known in a telephone interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Umuahia, Abia State.

“The eastern route of NRC stretches from Port Harcourt to Maiduguri through Makurdi and Kuru near Jos,” Njoku said.

He said that the December date was based on the successful rehabilitation of some parts of the eastern rail route.

“We told the public before now that barring all odds, railway operations along the eastern route would start in August.

“I am happy to state that government and the firm executing the project from Port Harcourt to Makurdi were able to achieve that target with the movement of trains from Port Harcourt to Enugu,” Njoku said.

Njoku explained that trains noticed along Port Harcourt/Enugu end of the eastern route were conveying equipment from Port Harcourt Wharf to Ehamufu Railway Station in Enugu State.

“With this feat, the NRC hopes that trains would once again move on the eastern rail line after years of suspension of operation,” the manager said.
Njoku added that the project on the third end, from Kuru to Maiduguri, was hampered by security challenges in the area.

He said with the reconnection of all the disconnected rail lines from Port Harcourt to Enugu, NRC hoped to commence passenger service before December.
http://tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/news/item/21553-%E2%80%98eastern-railway-service-to-commence-by-dec%E2%80%99.html

5 Likes

Re: Eastern Railway Service To Commence By December by manny4life(m): 1:12am On Sep 17, 2013
Ahh, me ke first in line to post... Otito dili nu jesu grin grin grin

Before you attack, this is humor so please, deal with it.

Onto the real deal, GEJ is working, haterz are crying, hoping and wishing that these fresh air was from their own side of government. If we can set aside our differences, and join hands to support GEJ, Nigeria will be a blessed haven for rapid development. The Bible said it - when the righteous rules, the people rejoice... I will continue to support GEJ despite other negative things, I will criticize him when I need to, but he will have my support. Our people say, when you praise a man for what he's done, he will have the will to do more. GEJ carry go, you're trying.

40 Likes

Re: Eastern Railway Service To Commence By December by LMAyedun(m): 2:23am On Sep 17, 2013
#Team FreshAir.

1 Like

Re: Eastern Railway Service To Commence By December by gramci: 2:40am On Sep 17, 2013
Where are the evil men of nairaland?

1 Like

Re: Eastern Railway Service To Commence By December by jaiykem: 4:19am On Sep 17, 2013
gramci: Where are the evil men of nairaland?
they're asleep. oh! wait 4 dem 2 wash their faces with petrol. I can see dem coming in their ant_format. See fire there!

3 Likes

Re: Eastern Railway Service To Commence By December by Nobody: 7:29am On Sep 17, 2013
FRESH AIR unlimited. Whether haters like it or not, they must FEEL the FRESH AIR that is blowing across the nation.

4 Likes

Re: Eastern Railway Service To Commence By December by ichidodo: 7:38am On Sep 17, 2013
Oyii! OyiioO!! Oyi!.To much Fresh Air is dangerous to health.

1 Like

Re: Eastern Railway Service To Commence By December by henrychubayo: 7:51am On Sep 17, 2013
Nice. Transport fares will go down. Roads will last longer. Less hold up. Free movement of Agric products.

6 Likes

Re: Eastern Railway Service To Commence By December by asha80(m): 7:59am On Sep 17, 2013
henrychubayo: Nice. Transport fares will go down. Roads will last longer. Less hold up. Free movement of Agric products.
undecided
henrychubayo: Nice. Transport fares will go down. Roads will last longer. Less hold up. Free movement of Agric products.
i wonder how luxurious road transport owners would feel about this.
Re: Eastern Railway Service To Commence By December by sarutobie(m): 8:15am On Sep 17, 2013
Staying in aba..for the first time in over 2 decades,the first train plied the railway cutting across okigwe road on friday 13th(last week).Though they were probably surveying the viability of the rail tracks.Many people who were born after the demise of the railways or new settlers in aba were taking aback lol.dem just dey look am like one kind spirit..Anyway its a step in the right direction..I hope they phase out those outdated narrow rail tracks.Nigeria go better

10 Likes

Re: Eastern Railway Service To Commence By December by asha80(m): 8:20am On Sep 17, 2013
sarutobie: Staying in aba..for the first time in over 2 decades,the first train plied the railway cutting across okigwe road on friday 13th(last week).Though they were probably surveying the viability of the rail tracks.Many people who were born after the demise of the railways or new settlers in aba were taking aback lol.dem just dey look am like one kind spirit..Anyway its a step in the right direction..I hope they phase out those outdated narrow rail tracks.Nigeria go better
off topic..how electric situation for aba?
Re: Eastern Railway Service To Commence By December by Nobody: 8:25am On Sep 17, 2013
And the transformation continues...
Re: Eastern Railway Service To Commence By December by sarutobie(m): 9:00am On Sep 17, 2013
asha 80: off topic..how electric situation for aba?
And how does electricity relate to the thread??..are you just inherently dumb? Or wait! You think there isn't electricity in aba? FYI I wake up and go to bed with my A.C on..

4 Likes

Re: Eastern Railway Service To Commence By December by asha80(m): 9:08am On Sep 17, 2013
sarutobie:
And how does electricity relate to the thread??..are you just inherently dumb? Or wait! You think there isn't electricity in aba? FYI I wake up and go to bed with my A.C on..
smdh....just a simple question i asked because of what friend told me that aba power supply has increased warrant this unnecessary insult?...even when i specifically put 'off topic'....danm.

8 Likes

Re: Eastern Railway Service To Commence By December by homesteady(m): 9:12am On Sep 17, 2013
Fresh air! wink
Re: Eastern Railway Service To Commence By December by sarutobie(m): 9:15am On Sep 17, 2013
asha 80: smdh....just a simple question i asked because of what friend told me that aba power supply has increased warrant this unnecessary insult?...even when i specifically put 'off topic'....danm.
My bad..I retract the rude comment above.

10 Likes

Re: Eastern Railway Service To Commence By December by Nobody: 9:17am On Sep 17, 2013
GEJ all the way, Support GEJ if you want Good Governance. Ehe before you run your mouth make sure you tell me one Nigerian President that has achieved more than Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.

This is no longer fresh air, rather it is Fresh Hurricane that will blow the evil men of Nigeria away and those who doesn't want the progress of Nigeria because of selfish interest they wanna pull a working Government down.

8 Likes

Re: Eastern Railway Service To Commence By December by asha80(m): 9:17am On Sep 17, 2013
sarutobie:
My bad..I retract the rude comment above.
seen

3 Likes

Re: Eastern Railway Service To Commence By December by resdan(m): 9:20am On Sep 17, 2013
Hmmmm datz gud

i wont say front page tinx....£TT

grin
Re: Eastern Railway Service To Commence By December by Nobody: 9:21am On Sep 17, 2013
That Okay . . .
Re: Eastern Railway Service To Commence By December by Classicalman(m): 9:22am On Sep 17, 2013
GEJ, GEJ,GEJ ka anyi ga eso, ma o na eje eje ma o na ana ana GEJ ka anyi ga esooooo!!!!! All ACN and Boko haterz go and join ASUU strike.
Re: Eastern Railway Service To Commence By December by iamswizz(m): 9:22am On Sep 17, 2013
I only asked for fresh Air... How come i'm getting a tornado?

Gejt till 2019
North central or Igbo till 2048

7 Likes

Re: Eastern Railway Service To Commence By December by taharqa: 9:23am On Sep 17, 2013
Great job... If this actuali happens, GEJ wud have suceeded in Entirely Rehabilitating and bringing to life more than 3000kms of Comatose/near Comatose narrow Guage rail lines (PH-Maiduguri, Lagos-Kano and their many Spur Lines) in less than 3 years- a feat that previous Govts had FAILED to do in more than 25 years regardless of huge money and effort spent.
These, and the New Standard Modern Rail Lines (Aladja-Ajaokuta-Ore-Warri, Abuja-Kaduna, Abuja Metro, Lagos-Ibadan Lines) under various stages of construction, as well as Feasibility Studies for about 10 new proposed Routes.

The Entire Eastern, Eastern NorthCentral and NorthEastern Nigeria may now be OPEN for more business, in terms of Goods and People, after a reali long time.

God bless this President..

7 Likes

Re: Eastern Railway Service To Commence By December by Buddydogg(m): 9:23am On Sep 17, 2013
let give tanks 2 God.

2 Likes

Re: Eastern Railway Service To Commence By December by Nobody: 9:23am On Sep 17, 2013
asha 80: off topic..how electric situation for aba?

The power situation is getting better but soon Geometric will start work and you know what that means, 24/7 power supply. Seems like GEJ will come to commission Geometric around October 3rd. #FRESHHURICANNE

3 Likes

Re: Eastern Railway Service To Commence By December by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 9:23am On Sep 17, 2013
GEJ no dey carry last. GEJ UNTIL 2019.... grin grin
Re: Eastern Railway Service To Commence By December by OluwaDrey(m): 9:27am On Sep 17, 2013
*sniffs* *breaths in hard* this air is too Freash for me alone,lemme go and call friends and haters to breathe with me

10 Likes

Re: Eastern Railway Service To Commence By December by nerodenero: 9:29am On Sep 17, 2013
It is the safest means of transportation. Wish all other regions would commence rail transportation soon.

1 Like

Re: Eastern Railway Service To Commence By December by Bright2(m): 9:29am On Sep 17, 2013
Chai! This fresh air dey even blow enter our teeth as me & these 3 abokies dey laugh grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Eastern Railway Service To Commence By December by Nobody: 9:30am On Sep 17, 2013
grin
Re: Eastern Railway Service To Commence By December by tellwisdom: 9:30am On Sep 17, 2013
Will there be restaurant inside, should in case i'm hungry?? sad

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Inec Adhoc Staff Payments / The Presbyterian Church Of Biafra In 1858 / The Beauty Of Lagos During The Corona Virus lockdown -photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.