Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:29 AM

Amaechi's Schools Vs Akpabio's Schools. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi's Schools Vs Akpabio's Schools. (5149 Views)

Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. / Amaechi Vs Akpabio Or If You Like APC Vs PDP (pic) / The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amaechi's Schools Vs Akpabio's Schools. by agbameta: 2:35am On Sep 17, 2013

Schools in Akwa Ibom..

Free and compulsory education for primary and secondary schools
Targeted education
State-of-the-art digital library
Accreditation of courses at our higher institutions
Schorlarships to study abroad
Provision of digital center in AKS Polytechnic Ikot Osurua
Renovation of at least 1 primary school and 1 secondary school in every local government

The state government intensified efforts at revamping the educational sector by rehabilitating dilapidated schools and boosting the morale of teachers. Akpabio introduced a free education policy for the first nine years in public schools and he has made the Akwa Ibom state University of Technology his priority educational project. Its new management team is working towards getting the nod of the National Universities Commission (NUC), and academic and other activities are set to commence in the institution before September.

Determined to provide affordable and qualitative education to its citizens, Akpabio has also charged the commissioner for education and all agencies involved in education management in the state to map out workable solutions to checkmate the level of decay in the public educational sector. In fact, the state government has concentrated more on revamping the educational sector by rehabilitating dilapidated schools and boosting the morale of teachers.

Rehabilitating dilapidated schools, boosting the morale of teachers which was at its ebb before now. Also, the Akpabio administration, in an attempt to ensure that children in the state enjoy their right to education, has introduced a free education policy for the first 9 years in public schools.

The Akwa Ibom State University of Technology is a priority educational project of the Akpabio’s administration. Conscious of the dearth of professionals of Akwa Ibom origin in this field, the previous administration conceived the institution to meet this need. However poor management and implementation remained the albatross of this noble idea and as at the terminal date of the previous administration, nothing tangible was on ground to show for the funds committed into the project.

The Akpabio administration, desirous of helping improve the academic standard in the state, has partnered with the management of federal government owned University of Uyo to recover the courses delisted during the last visit of the NUC accreditation panel to the institution. Apart from that, the state government has rehabilitated roads in the university and governor Akpabio has assured the University of his Administration’s support in other areas.

[img]http://img1.nairaland.com/attachments/318750_Direct_labourSchools_jpg22d05f5d101c3181a058c203291a22d5[/img]

Akwa Ibom Psychiatric School of Nursing.

[img]http://globalville.files./2013/08/psychiatric-school-of-nursing-eket-admin-block-inhabited-by-rodents.jpg[/img]

[img]http://globalville.files./2013/08/psychiatric-school-of-nursing-hostels-with-destroyed-windows.jpg[/img]

AKS Polytechnic Ikot Osurua

The psychiatric school of nursing was shot down due to lack of infrastructure...

The schools in this posts are from the Akwa Ibom state website minus the school of nursing..
Re: Amaechi's Schools Vs Akpabio's Schools. by agbameta: 2:36am On Sep 17, 2013
Re: Amaechi's Schools Vs Akpabio's Schools. by reporter1: 2:40am On Sep 17, 2013
@ Agbameta

Thread like this is unnecessary. It makes you look like "them" chest beaters. Please continue to show us Fashola's good deeds instead.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi's Schools Vs Akpabio's Schools. by agbameta: 2:44am On Sep 17, 2013
reporter?:
@ Agbameta

Thread like this is unnecessary. It makes you look like "them" chest beaters. Please continue to show us Fashola's good deeds instead.

Fashola is not the only state governor in Nigeria and this is not about fashola so let's stay on topic abeg..

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi's Schools Vs Akpabio's Schools. by HezronLorraine(m): 2:53am On Sep 17, 2013
The Rivers Model Schools are nice.@OP.motive of thread.
Re: Amaechi's Schools Vs Akpabio's Schools. by eye4eye: 2:54am On Sep 17, 2013
No contest!
Re: Amaechi's Schools Vs Akpabio's Schools. by agbameta: 3:11am On Sep 17, 2013
Hezron Lorraine: The Rivers Model Schools are nice.@OP.motive of thread.

To keep exposing the fraud called akpabio...

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi's Schools Vs Akpabio's Schools. by dayokanu(m): 3:15am On Sep 17, 2013
LOL at the best Governor Akpabio.

What a fraud

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi's Schools Vs Akpabio's Schools. by hardywaltz(m): 3:19am On Sep 17, 2013
This is clearly a no contest. Akpabio is a noise maker, only Nairaland e-noise makers condem Ameachi while praising an empty vessel like Akpabio and his co travellers.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi's Schools Vs Akpabio's Schools. by dayokanu(m): 3:31am On Sep 17, 2013
^^ The irony is that most of those condemning Amaechi now were full of praises for him before the fight with Retardeen and Shepopotamus.

Fighting Shepopo suddenly made Amaechi a Non performing governor

1 Like

Re: Amaechi's Schools Vs Akpabio's Schools. by talk2s(m): 4:07am On Sep 17, 2013
Motifs behind the Thread:
Bias;
Falsehood;
Misinformation;
Imbalance.

Yes, Ameachi's schools are finer than Akpabio's.
But other than Schools, what other developmental strides has Ameachi recorded.
Stop this prejudice. If you want to compare notes, be wholesome, putting all things into consideration.
We won't fall for this lopsided dummy!

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi's Schools Vs Akpabio's Schools. by chukxie(m): 5:09am On Sep 17, 2013
The photos of the schools in AK State under Akpabio are fewer, badly cropped to appear smaller and of horrendous quality. While the ones of Rivers State under Ameachi are many, not badly cropped and of a finer quality. Just saying.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi's Schools Vs Akpabio's Schools. by nofij(m): 5:15am On Sep 17, 2013
Hezron Lorraine: The Rivers Model Schools are nice.@OP.motive of thread.
CHANGE THAT YOU CAN SEE
Re: Amaechi's Schools Vs Akpabio's Schools. by Nobody: 5:18am On Sep 17, 2013
Hospitals youngman and roads!

talk2s: Motifs behind the Thread:
Bias;
Falsehood;
Misinformation;
Imbalance.

Stop this prejudice. If you want to compare notes, be wholesome, putting all things into consideration.
Re: Amaechi's Schools Vs Akpabio's Schools. by nuclearboy(m): 5:38am On Sep 17, 2013
Bias;
Falsehood;
Misinformation;
Imbalance.

Forgive me! I am NOT interested in praising anyone but globally, there are "best practices" when ideas are mooted

Amaechi will be remembered as a hero when the children he is empowering, probably better than any govt in Nigeria, step up in the future and when people see the difference between them and others! You cannot compare qualitative education to ANYTHING which is why the UN suggests a high proportion of budgets (Nigeria should be like 40% because of the pitiful state its education sector is in) should go into education funding!

I wouldn't be surprised to find the same people abusing Amaechi today soon praising him

1 Like

Re: Amaechi's Schools Vs Akpabio's Schools. by Danhumprey: 6:43am On Sep 17, 2013
Amaechi is really trying in terms of the Education sector,though I don't know about the other sectors. I'm from Akwa Ibom and I can tell you that most of these schools that Akpabio is being praised for are merely condemned animal den. Most of the new and renovated schools are sited in Uyo,the state capital and even at that,they poorly equipped,badly managed and maintained. They are a shadow of their former self. Go to the rural areas,and the situation is even worst. His main legacy may be the roads,bridges etc,he awarded contracts to be constructed,aside that,nothing much.
Re: Amaechi's Schools Vs Akpabio's Schools. by MafiaMan: 6:56am On Sep 17, 2013
Please modify the thread to AMAECHI vs. APKABIO cos, I want us to see everything. We know Akpabio can only win amaechi on road construction(I'm even still doubting that). PLEASE expand the thread to include health care, roads, water works, commerce, sport.

Apkabio is nothing but a common thief and a criminal.
Re: Amaechi's Schools Vs Akpabio's Schools. by Symphony007: 6:59am On Sep 17, 2013
Bias;
Falsehood;
Misinformation;
Imbalance.

maybe some body ought the post the pics of primary health centers in rivers state located in every LGA. By the way, this is a rivers state government free dental clinic.

Re: Amaechi's Schools Vs Akpabio's Schools. by egift(m): 7:08am On Sep 17, 2013
Governor Amaechi understands that Knowledge is Power and the Youths are the leaders of tomorrow.

Ride On Governor Amaechi

[img]http://4.bp..com/-sOYq-HKZzPI/UfxE_b8xB8I/AAAAAAAApi8/MheSfZbpORM/s1600/patience+and+amaechi.jpg[/img]

Re: Amaechi's Schools Vs Akpabio's Schools. by MafiaMan: 7:12am On Sep 17, 2013
Bias;
Falsehood;
Misinformation;
Imbalance.

Shut your useless shithole!

With exception of roads awarded to Julius Barger, a German company AKPABIO later used to transfer stolen cash to Germany, what has AKPABIO has to show for the 2 trillion naira he received within 7 years? Akpabio is a common criminal.

By the way, ask around Uyo town the story of BMW 3 series he bought after Interpol accosted him with stolen cash.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi's Schools Vs Akpabio's Schools. by Symphony007: 7:13am On Sep 17, 2013
Below is a pic of the rivers state government primary healthcare center. Their are over 150 of them in the state, they are all of similar design. It is fully equiped, including three, two bedroom flat living area behind the hospital where the doctor, mathron and medical lab scientist lives, the doctor also gets a car. The hospital are managed by the rivers state hospitals board, a independent body set up to manage the hospitals with little government interferance, that is why the hospitals have been in top shape since it's completion.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi's Schools Vs Akpabio's Schools. by NnamdiN: 7:31am On Sep 17, 2013
chukxie: The photos of the schools in AK State under Akpabio are fewer, badly cropped to appear smaller and of horrendous quality. While the ones of Rivers State under Ameachi are many, not badly cropped and of a finer quality. Just saying.
those are the true states of the schools in Akwa Ibom. I live in Akwa ibom. Akpabio has done well(naija standard) but primary and secondary schools here do not receive as much attention as other infrastructures. They are just repainted
Re: Amaechi's Schools Vs Akpabio's Schools. by Nobody: 8:27am On Sep 17, 2013
The projects/schools u shew are in 3LGAs of rivers state & within d greater ph. Shows others outside ph. Shows roads built by amaechi outside ph & his ikwerre ethnic LGAs. Performance in a state should be all round & not restricted to few favored & wimdow dressing LGAs.
Re: Amaechi's Schools Vs Akpabio's Schools. by primusmaximus: 9:12am On Sep 17, 2013
What kind of Comparison is this you put six average/dead pictures of one state and put over 40 pictures of another state... if you want to praise the achievements of Amaechi then create a thread praising him... If you want to compare, then give us 40+ pictures of both states, whether good or bad... I actually think Akpabio should be proud of the fact that every1 is trying to compare their state with his. In my opinion this thread and the one comparing Fashola and Akpabio are very uncalled-for.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi's Schools Vs Akpabio's Schools. by Nobody: 9:28am On Sep 17, 2013
.........And the Poo goes on!!!
Well done Amaechi! Well done Akpabio!!!
Different Men, Different Priorities.
Give me a "Donald Duke" over these two any day.
Re: Amaechi's Schools Vs Akpabio's Schools. by talk2s(m): 10:03am On Sep 17, 2013
Mafia Man:

With exception of roads awarded to Julius Barger, a German company AKPABIO later used to transfer stolen cash to Germany, what has AKPABIO has to show for the 2 trillion naira he received within 7 years? Akpabio is a common criminal.

By the way, ask around Uyo town the story of BMW 3 series he bought after Interpol accosted him with stolen cash.
Re: Amaechi's Schools Vs Akpabio's Schools. by talk2s(m): 10:05am On Sep 17, 2013
[quote author=Mafia Man]

My junior student, since I'm not your class mate, I wouldn't join issues with you.
We are talking issues here, not attacking personalities.
It's not everyone on this forum that you should open your mouth that wide to abuse. I blame you, but a little. It is your parents I blame the more, because:
"If parents were not careless over the behaviour of their children at home, they would seldom be embarrassed at their attitude abroad".
Did you know the flood situation in Uyo b4 2009 when Akpabio completed the pipe-jacking drainage (believed to be the best in Africa)?
Are you aware that b4 nnow less than 50% of the State (talking about Rural Communities) had electricity, but we speak over 90% of our rural areas are connected to National grid?
Heard of Doctor's welfare and Vehicles to each of them?
Heard of 13 months salary (popular" known as Akpabiomba)?
Heard of ibaka sea port?
Heard of the Akwa Ibom airport with repaires, maintainance and overhaul, as well as hanger facilities?
Heared of completion of nearly all the projects initiated by the previous administration?
Heard of Ibom transport scheme?
The list is endless, but you don't even deserve the détails.
But solve this puzzle: between free, compulsory and quality education where all the children of school age are admitted in school with over 300% increase in enrolment and merely quality education that is expensive and discriminatory, which is better?
You have transferred your unjustifiable hatred of GEJ to Akpabio. It makes no meaning.
grow up child!

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi's Schools Vs Akpabio's Schools. by talk2s(m): 10:06am On Sep 17, 2013
[quote author=Mafia Man]

My junior student, since I'm not your class mate, I wouldn't join issues with you.
We are talking issues here, not attacking personalities.
It's not everyone on this forum that you should open your mouth that wide to abuse. I blame you, but a little. It is your parents I blame the more, because:
"If parents were not careless over the behaviour of their children at home, they would seldom be embarrassed at their attitude abroad".
Did you know the flood situation in Uyo b4 2009 when Akpabio completed the pipe-jacking drainage (believed to be the best in Africa)?
Are you aware that b4 nnow less than 50% of the State (talking about Rural Communities) had electricity, but we speak over 90% of our rural areas are connected to National grid?
Heard of Doctor's welfare and Vehicles to each of them?
Heard of 13 months salary (popular" known as Akpabiomba)?
Heard of ibaka sea port?
Heard of the Akwa Ibom airport with repaires, maintainance and overhaul, as well as hanger facilities?
Heared of completion of nearly all the projects initiated by the previous administration?
Heard of Ibom transport scheme?
The list is endless, but you don't even deserve the détails.
But solve this puzzle: between free, compulsory and quality education where all the children of school age are admitted in school with over 300% increase in enrolment and merely quality education that is expensive and discriminatory, which is better?
You have transferred your unjustifiable hatred of GEJ to Akpabio. It makes no meaning.
grow up child!

1 Like

Re: Amaechi's Schools Vs Akpabio's Schools. by bloggernaija: 1:00pm On Sep 17, 2013
There is only one fashola in terms of initiatives
And after him is areberascal and amaechi .
Amaechi actually scores highest in education.
I need to X-ray the health sector before passing judgement .
If not for the polity over there in the creeks where everyone want their palm greased ,I reckon he would have performed even better.
That is why if there is ever a match up between him and clueless joe,
The articulate Amaechi takes my vote anytime.
HE NEEDS TO GET RID OF THAT PRIVATE JET THOUGH.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi's Schools Vs Akpabio's Schools. by agbameta: 1:07pm On Sep 17, 2013
Bias;
Falsehood;
Misinformation;
Imbalance.

Exactly what are Akpabio's other strides? A handful of schools and village overhead plastic water bottles called waterworkers that killed one of his own people already?

Why not just help us by showing us with the so called other works and I'm not talking about the handfull of roads ? If you can't, then hushs.
Re: Amaechi's Schools Vs Akpabio's Schools. by Pataki: 1:08pm On Sep 17, 2013
No matter what, you would always find some Nigerians supporting criminals like Akpabio.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Radio Biafra Threatening Gov Okorocha / Photos: Jubilation In Rivers Over Nnamdi Kau's Unconditional Release / See The Aircrafts That Landed In The Akwa Ibom Airport For APC Campaign Flag Off

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.