Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,686 members, 7,816,796 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:24 PM

Nobody Delivered On Board Our Flight- Arik - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nobody Delivered On Board Our Flight- Arik (8763 Views)

I’ve Delivered On All Electoral Promises - Mimiko / Buhari Jets To London With Diezani On Board / Nigerian Military Have Delivered On Security Challenges –jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nobody Delivered On Board Our Flight- Arik by memud6: 4:28am On Sep 17, 2013
Arik Air has debunked claims by a section of the media (notThe Punch) that a woman gave birth on board its flight from Lagos.
A statement by Arik on Monday explained that contrary to claims that the pregnant woman gave birth aboard the flight on Sunday, the woman only suffered a miscarriage.

The statement signed by Arik’s Public Relations and Communications Manager, Mr. Adebanji Ola, also stated that the woman in question was 12 weeks pregnant.

The statement said, “The Arik Air flight W3 101 which departed Lagos for London Heathrow on Sunday, diverted to Palma Mallorca Airport, Spain at 5:44pm due to urgent medical attention for a 12-week pregnant woman on board.

“The passenger reportedly developed severe pain during the course of the flight. The pain was later coupled with bleeding with a suspected miscarriage.

“The passenger, who was initially attended to by two medical doctors on board the flight, was 12 weeks pregnant. She was later transferred to a hospital in Mallorca for further medical attention. This is contrary to a report in some papers to the effect that a woman gave birth on board Arik flight to London.”

The statement added that the flight later departed Mallorca at 8pm for London Heathrow.
The statement explained that the pregnant woman did not indicate her pregnancy status to the airline’s Passenger Service Agents at check-in and because her pregnancy was 12 weeks, the team didn’t notice her status.

http://www.punchng.com/news/nobody-delivered-baby-on-board-our-flight-arik/
Re: Nobody Delivered On Board Our Flight- Arik by Tolexander: 4:33am On Sep 17, 2013
http://www.punchng.com/news/nobody-delivered-baby-on-board-our-flight-arik/

from where did the news now emanates?

Well, nigeria is a country where everything is generalized thinking when blood rushes from a woman's vaginal is a symptom of childbirth like any toothpaste is a maclean and any fastfood is mr biggs.

4 Likes

Re: Nobody Delivered On Board Our Flight- Arik by shina419(m): 4:59am On Sep 17, 2013
Nigeria media with fake story
Re: Nobody Delivered On Board Our Flight- Arik by pendusky(m): 5:13am On Sep 17, 2013
is that so?
Re: Nobody Delivered On Board Our Flight- Arik by guass(m): 5:46am On Sep 17, 2013
I don't believe the story is fake.MISCARRIAGE and DELIVERING belong to the same mother, though different father.

2 Likes

Re: Nobody Delivered On Board Our Flight- Arik by Emmyk(m): 6:14am On Sep 17, 2013
Ohh. I see. 12weeks. Not bad to travel with such now
Re: Nobody Delivered On Board Our Flight- Arik by ilaugh1: 6:42am On Sep 17, 2013
hard to believe anything you read in the newspapers these days.

1 Like

Re: Nobody Delivered On Board Our Flight- Arik by tyosho: 6:59am On Sep 17, 2013
so if she had disclosed at check in nko?would it have stopped the miscarriage or would they have stopped her from flying with a 12wk old pregnancy?

2 Likes

Re: Nobody Delivered On Board Our Flight- Arik by brighter: 7:20am On Sep 17, 2013
What do I believe
Re: Nobody Delivered On Board Our Flight- Arik by Etumgbe(m): 7:37am On Sep 17, 2013
Nigerians sabi deny something no be small. Today you will hear Obj said this tomorrow he will deny, you will hear amaechi did this tomorrow he will deny, you will hear Regina Askia insulted Fani-kayode tomorrow she will deny, ah ah Nigeria which story we go believe. Abeg make una no confuse me here.

9 Likes

Re: Nobody Delivered On Board Our Flight- Arik by 3ace(m): 8:45am On Sep 17, 2013
They just assumed because the story sounds juicy and saleable. Nigerian journalists are just like first to comment folks who quickly pass senseless comments without reading the story or the article just to be the first
Re: Nobody Delivered On Board Our Flight- Arik by Nobody: 8:50am On Sep 17, 2013
3ace: They just assumed.
either Nigerian journalists lied, or arik is covering whole things up. Now I'm confused sad

1 Like

Re: Nobody Delivered On Board Our Flight- Arik by 3ace(m): 9:34am On Sep 17, 2013
maxwello.yg:
either Nigerian journalists lied, or arik is covering whole things up. Now I'm confused sad
I actually thought about this especially if some staff of Arik have been found to have connived with the woman. Yes, under this circumstance, Arik could lie to escape ICOA hammer but at the same time, I doubt if they are lying. If the story that she gave birth was true, then that means that woman would have been very heavy. So except the whole Arik's staff including the management connived, it would have been almost impossible for her to scale through. Another reason why they wouldn't lie is that if the woman presented a false report that she's less than 32 weeks pregnant, then the doctor that released the false report will be punished and not Arik. On the part of the journalists like I earlier pointed out, some of them don't thoroughly confirm their stories before churning them out. They just want to boast as being the first to release the news.

2 Likes

Re: Nobody Delivered On Board Our Flight- Arik by fitzmayowa: 10:13am On Sep 17, 2013
Lobatan
Re: Nobody Delivered On Board Our Flight- Arik by moscobabs(m): 10:16am On Sep 17, 2013
thats why I hate any news from Sahara Reporters .........not always genuine
Re: Nobody Delivered On Board Our Flight- Arik by Lilimax(f): 10:16am On Sep 17, 2013
brighter: What do I believe
I believed both stories grin.
The koko be say that:
1)A pregnant woman in Arik air was involved. Whether she is 12 weeks or 32 weeks pregnant, na them know undecided.
2) There was an emergency landing in Spain. Whether for delivery or medical treatment, na them know undecided.

The truth will surely prevail sad.
Re: Nobody Delivered On Board Our Flight- Arik by 4reigningqueen: 10:17am On Sep 17, 2013
hmmm
Re: Nobody Delivered On Board Our Flight- Arik by Okijajuju1(m): 10:19am On Sep 17, 2013
CHOI!!!

SO SEUN LIED TO US.... angry

Seun and the Mod that put that news on the frontpage should be banned.. angry

6 Likes

Re: Nobody Delivered On Board Our Flight- Arik by olumuyiolaoluwa: 10:19am On Sep 17, 2013
Only those on-board can tell.
Re: Nobody Delivered On Board Our Flight- Arik by phil5(m): 10:19am On Sep 17, 2013
Na wa oooooo
Re: Nobody Delivered On Board Our Flight- Arik by kreamidiva(f): 10:22am On Sep 17, 2013
Odi egwu o!
Re: Nobody Delivered On Board Our Flight- Arik by ITbomb(m): 10:24am On Sep 17, 2013
If you believe whatsoever you see on social media, you would believe anything
Re: Nobody Delivered On Board Our Flight- Arik by Stunner1(f): 10:26am On Sep 17, 2013
Unu a bia la
Re: Nobody Delivered On Board Our Flight- Arik by israel007: 10:27am On Sep 17, 2013
Oh miscarriage. Eiya. Pele.
Re: Nobody Delivered On Board Our Flight- Arik by Mubby4luv(m): 10:28am On Sep 17, 2013
I wonder who to believe or believe not now.
Re: Nobody Delivered On Board Our Flight- Arik by Nobody: 10:32am On Sep 17, 2013
Even if someone,delivered on board.How will it make nursery kids to stop rhyming :A is_for Apple instead of A for Apple, B for Ball...?

1 Like

Re: Nobody Delivered On Board Our Flight- Arik by Sicozone(m): 10:34am On Sep 17, 2013

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oyinlola Resigns From Buhari's Govt As 7 APC Govs,3 Pdp's Storm Abuja For OBJ CN / Killings: Dusk-to-dawn Curfew Imposed In Kajuru, Kaduna / South Africans React To Nigeria's Twitter Suspension (TWEETS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.