Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,412 members, 7,830,095 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:04 PM

America "a country full of racists" retort as Miss America racially abused. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / America "a country full of racists" retort as Miss America racially abused. (2395 Views)

Opinion!! Was President Buhari Visit To America A Flop? / Jonathan Doesn’t Deserve North’s Votes After Wife Abused Northerners – Mrs Buhar / Nigerians: We Are Racists! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: America "a country full of racists" retort as Miss America racially abused. by MayorofLagos(m): 10:05am On Sep 17, 2013
While the racial comments on her victory are unecessary, the revelation is a reminder of our basic human instincts and possessivenes over territorial ownership. It is justified to call into question what the outrage would be if she had won in her ancestral country, India, instead of her country of birth, USA. There is a lesson to be learnt, this should instruct the culture of racial tolerance in India.
Re: America "a country full of racists" retort as Miss America racially abused. by deols(f): 12:52pm On Sep 17, 2013
and maybe the Indians will now free the Kashmiris.
Re: America "a country full of racists" retort as Miss America racially abused. by fr3do(m): 2:01pm On Sep 17, 2013
bethnals:

when oyinbo commits a 'terrorist attack' its only that lone mad oyinbo that gets the blame:

If it is a coloured then all the coloureds get the blame: i.e. Coloureds get painted with same brush!

u've a point there
Re: America "a country full of racists" retort as Miss America racially abused. by tpia5: 2:32pm On Sep 17, 2013
the lady is already rich sha- almost all her relatives are doctors.

she doesnt really need the scholarship money per se, for med school- she can afford it even without that added bonus.
Re: America "a country full of racists" retort as Miss America racially abused. by Nobody: 2:49pm On Sep 17, 2013
I don't think this is racism, just a few Islamiphobes on twitter, the last winner was a south African by the same name Nina, there wasn't any racism towards her.

LAST YEAR'S WINNER SOUTH AFRICAN NINA

Re: America "a country full of racists" retort as Miss America racially abused. by Afam4eva(m): 5:16pm On Sep 17, 2013
How's this an American thing? No nation can be said to be free or tribal, racial or religious bias. In as much as we have to condemn such acts of Racism, we mustn't tie it to a particular country as those are comments of a few Americans and not a true representation of the entire country else, Barrack Obama wouldn't be president. I also find it hypocritical that some people on this thread that have PHD in tribal hate are also lending their voices to the opposite of what they call gospel. In Nigeria, we condemn people just because they're not from our tribe(even though we're all blacks) but have the effrontery to call others racist. I'm sure Indians are also playing the victim card when it's on record that they're one of the most racist country in the world. There's no single Black Indian Actor cos once you're black you're assumed to be ugly and not fit to be something meaningful. When we condemn acts like this, we must search ourselves and ensure that we're not guilty of what we accuse others of doing.

2 Likes

Re: America "a country full of racists" retort as Miss America racially abused. by MayorofLagos(m): 8:22pm On Sep 17, 2013
Afam4eva: How's this an American thing? No nation can be said to be free or tribal, racial or religious bias. In as much as we have to condemn such acts of Racism, we mustn't tie it to a particular country as those are comments of a few Americans and not a true representation of the entire country else, Barrack Obama wouldn't be president. I also find it hypocritical that some people on this thread that have PHD in tribal hate are also lending their voices to the opposite of what they call gospel. In Nigeria, we condemn people just because they're not from our tribe(even though we're all blacks) but have the effrontery to call others racist. I'm sure Indians are also playing the victim card when it's on record that they're one of the most racist country in the world. There's no single Black Indian Actor cos once you're black you're assumed to be ugly and not fit to be something meaningful. When we condemn acts like this, we must search ourselves and ensure that we're not guilty of what we accuse others of doing.

Its human nature, instinctive response to territorial boundaries.

Consider your land as a nip.ple from which you feed and are sustained by mother -Earth. I got my own nip.ple-feed over here but Im not content with mine, my greedy ego wants more and so Im coming to feed on yours. Why should anyone blame you for fighting me off?

Human nature Afam, human nature... grin
Re: America "a country full of racists" retort as Miss America racially abused. by Rossikk(m): 8:47pm On Sep 17, 2013
Gbawe:

I am not surprised by your shallow and offensive comment at all because you are nothing but a racist with no depth whatsoever and perpetually incapable of being part of the solution. Whatever is happening in India does not "serve the girl right" because she is American born and bred and should not face such ignorant and nauseating abuse from racists and bigoted losers who, perhaps like you, have probably embraced hate to mask an inability to compete, thrive and be happy. In terms of what matters, i.e being an American Beauty, how is she deficient against others for reasonable people?

It shows the manner of human being you are when you do not know this particular American personally yet insist the abuse "serves the girl right" for what is going on in India she cannot be blamed for and that she may even personally be fiercely opposed to!!! Your immaturity is astounding yet such is expected when deep prejudice destroys common sense and a commitment to equity for all individuals at all times .

Funny thing is that for all your solidarity with the lady, her ''strong Indian heritage'' and ''strong links with her family in India'' etc etc as reported.... virtually GUARANTEES that she could never marry a person who looks like you, owing to the ''culture'' they engage in over there.

Then again, you never demanded fair play to be a bodyguard.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Confusion As Police Break Into Rivers High Court / Bokoharam Bombs As National Assembly Boils: 45 Feared Dead. / NIGERIA: When Will The Shedding Of Innocent Blood Stopped

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.